rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bologna vs. Naples late May through early July

What's up guys

I have a trip planned out in May to hit these following cities in May. Leaving from Vegas.

Melbourne
Brisbane
Tokyo
Bologna/Naples

I'm learning Italian, I have the basics down trying to master basic conversational level. I've been to Catania before, but with the military on a "deployment". Met my ex while I was out there, a native Sicilian. Went back to stay with her after I left the military, so I've experienced the city as a civilian as well, don't wanna go back now that city is kinda boring.

I'm not sure as to what city to pick out of the two, I know Naples has the garbage problem but from what I can see it's a little cheaper than Bologna... which has the oldest university on Earth.. and with uni's come uni chicks

What are the women like in Naples and Bologna? What about getting around town in Naples, is it easy?

Basics about myself, Black-American (parents are Jamaican) will be 24 in June, mostly a night pick-up kind of guy, although I will do day-game if the situation presents itself. I'd rate myself at 7 as far as looks go.

I know you’re asking about Naples/Bologna but I’d pick Sydney over Brisbane if you can. There’s nothing to recommend Brisbane. I live there.

If you are stuck with Brisbane try and get yourself to the Gold Coast. It’s about an hour away. Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach are probably your best bet. The local women tend to be better looking and you may still get some tourists coming in May. (Winter starts in June.) Being black should be no problem.

I’ve never been to Bologna but Naples is worth seeing for the Isle of Capri and Pompeii. I was too old for nightclub game. Maybe someone else can advise on Naples nightlife. Regarding women of Naples I saw the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in person there. I was on the tram. I still remember her eyes. They were like a wolf/husky eyes. I got lost in them. Alas I was too old, she was too young, and I was a pussy back then.

Quote: (04-14-2016 07:46 AM)Gaius Marius Wrote:  

I know you’re asking about Naples/Bologna but I’d pick Sydney over Brisbane if you can. There’s nothing to recommend Brisbane. I live there.

If you are stuck with Brisbane try and get yourself to the Gold Coast. It’s about an hour away. Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach are probably your best bet. The local women tend to be better looking and you may still get some tourists coming in May. (Winter starts in June.) Being black should be no problem.

I’ve never been to Bologna but Naples is worth seeing for the Isle of Capri and Pompeii. I was too old for nightclub game. Maybe someone else can advise on Naples nightlife. Regarding women of Naples I saw the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in person there. I was on the tram. I still remember her eyes. They were like a wolf/husky eyes. I got lost in them. Alas I was too old, she was too young, and I was a pussy back then.

Really? I was trying to get a little off the beaten path with Brisbane. There's a guy I work with who says Sydney is cool but there's a lot of tourists. He recommends the Gold Coast.

How's the public transportation in Naples? How about the crime? I remember my ex saying she would never go because it gets crazy out there. Not sure about that one though.

How's the weather around the Gold Coast in May? Hoping to lay a few flags down while I'm in Australia.

Quote: (04-14-2016 05:18 PM)bumborass Wrote:  

Really? I was trying to get a little off the beaten path with Brisbane. There's a guy I work with who says Sydney is cool but there's a lot of tourists. He recommends the Gold Coast.

How's the public transportation in Naples? How about the crime? I remember my ex saying she would never go because it gets crazy out there. Not sure about that one though.

How's the weather around the Gold Coast in May? Hoping to lay a few flags down while I'm in Australia.

There’s nothing wrong with Brisbane. It’s just that if you’re a tourist there’s nothing to do. It’s just suburban sprawl. People live and work here and that’s it. If I was a tourist with limited time I’d head straight to the Gold Coast.

We have mild autumns in Queensland. At the Gold Coast in May you should be able to swan around in a pair of board shorts and a T-shirt with a light jumper wrapped around your waist just in case. The water temperature will be cold but not freezing.

It’s an outdoor lifestyle so the women tend to be fitter and better looking at the Coast. You’ll see them jogging along the beach at all hours of the day.

Melbourne will be cold in May. There’s a lot of ethnic variety with the women there. Something for everyone. A lot of the good clubs tend to be hidden in back alleys and laneways. Do a forum search for ‘Massive Melbourne Australia Datasheet’. That will tell you where to go.

Naples is as corrupt as fuck. I was there for less than 15 minutes and some guy offered to sell me a stolen laptop for 50 euros. Watch your passport and your wallet. We were warned not to go to the train station at night for some reason. There’s a tram that goes from the train station to the city.

Quote: (04-15-2016 12:12 AM)Gaius Marius Wrote:  

Quote: (04-14-2016 05:18 PM)bumborass Wrote:  

There’s nothing wrong with Brisbane. It’s just that if you’re a tourist there’s nothing to do. It’s just suburban sprawl. People live and work here and that’s it. If I was a tourist with limited time I’d head straight to the Gold Coast.

We have mild autumns in Queensland. At the Gold Coast in May you should be able to swan around in a pair of board shorts and a T-shirt with a light jumper wrapped around your waist just in case. The water temperature will be cold but not freezing.

It’s an outdoor lifestyle so the women tend to be fitter and better looking at the Coast. You’ll see them jogging along the beach at all hours of the day.

Melbourne will be cold in May. There’s a lot of ethnic variety with the women there. Something for everyone. A lot of the good clubs tend to be hidden in back alleys and laneways. Do a forum search for ‘Massive Melbourne Australia Datasheet’. That will tell you where to go.

Naples is as corrupt as fuck. I was there for less than 15 minutes and some guy offered to sell me a stolen laptop for 50 euros. Watch your passport and your wallet. We were warned not to go to the train station at night for some reason. There’s a tram that goes from the train station to the city.

cool beans man thank you so much for the info, I'll definitely keep myself in the Gold Coast. Gonna search the logistics now.

I'll check that thread out as well.

Sounds like my best bet in Bologna then lol. I'm sure shady stuff happens there as well.

Northern Italy is much safer and cleaner. Bologna should be nice.

I'm going to be in Florence, and stopping through Bologna, during that time. We should stay in touch...

Quote: (04-15-2016 03:06 AM)TooFineAPoint Wrote:  

Northern Italy is much safer and cleaner. Bologna should be nice.

I'm going to be in Florence, and stopping through Bologna, during that time. We should stay in touch...

yeah man sounds good. I'll shoot you a PM

Quote: (04-13-2016 10:23 PM)bumborass Wrote:  

I'm not sure as to what city to pick out of the two, I know Naples has the garbage problem but from what I can see it's a little cheaper than Bologna... which has the oldest university on Earth.. and with uni's come uni chicks

What are the women like in Naples and Bologna? What about getting around town in Naples, is it easy?

Basics about myself, Black-American (parents are Jamaican) will be 24 in June, mostly a night pick-up kind of guy, although I will do day-game if the situation presents itself. I'd rate myself at 7 as far as looks go.

Treat Naples like a Latin American city.

The culture, social circle mindset, dysfunctional, untidy (though the rubbish issue dates back to 2008 and the city center was not affected anyway), immersed in a cacophony of traffic and loud voices.

But it's an incredibly beautiful and underrated city, preceded by its negative reputation.

The women are amazing and feminine, though not easy to crack.
A stroll along the pedestrianized Lungomare Caracciolo and Via Partenope in a shiny sunny day will make your head spinning.
The seafront, after the US consulate, becomes Mergellina, with its chalets, pizzerias and small harbor.

Exotic factor can definitely help, but it's great you have at least a grasp of italian, as english rarely goes past a small chat, especially in the >25 generation.

The better off and educated chicks rarely set foot off the district of Vomero and Posillipo.
Again, sorta of Parque 93 in Bogotà or Miraflores in Lima territorial behavior.

Vomero is up the hill, easily reacheable with a funicular from Via Toledo, the retailers street off the main square (Piazza del Plebiscito).

Posillipo is where all the villas and affluent residents are, overlooking the gulf and the vulcano.

Via Orazio and Via Petrarca have most cafes and foot traffic, ideal for a romantic escape when your cat is already in the bag.
For day gaming I'd rather suggest to stick to the Lungomare as the numbers play in your favor.

For a drink or two head to Piazza San Pasquale, Via Chiaia and Vico Belledonne.

Concerning the crime in Naples the visitors should not worry besides the usual city common sense.

The local mafia is not interested in arming tourists or make any scenic action.
Actually even killings in the suburbs are getting rare, which means they are comfortably operating without any particular hindrance.
Many times over the news reported of tourists robbed of their golden Rolex, stepping off the cruise ships and wandering mindlessly in the old town.

You don't wanna be that tourist of course, which doesn't mean you should dress scruffy trying to go unnoticed, quite the contrary.
Upping your style goes a long way in Naples. You will skim 95% of the competition out.
Naples is not Milan and suiting up is not paramount for the average Neapolitan.

There are few local quality brands to stock up with suits and ties, and the prices are reasonable.
Since it's my first post I don't feel appropriate to post them here.

Whatever you decide, don't write off Naples based on what you've heard of read, if only for a future visit.

Quote: (04-16-2016 02:22 PM)yesinmyname Wrote:  

Quote: (04-13-2016 10:23 PM)bumborass Wrote:  

Treat Naples like a Latin American city.

The culture, social circle mindset, dysfunctional, untidy (though the rubbish issue dates back to 2008 and the city center was not affected anyway), immersed in a cacophony of traffic and loud voices.

But it's an incredibly beautiful and underrated city, preceded by its negative reputation.

The women are amazing and feminine, though not easy to crack.
A stroll along the pedestrianized Lungomare Caracciolo and Via Partenope in a shiny sunny day will make your head spinning.
The seafront, after the US consulate, becomes Mergellina, with its chalets, pizzerias and small harbor.

Exotic factor can definitely help, but it's great you have at least a grasp of italian, as english rarely goes past a small chat, especially in the >25 generation.

The better off and educated chicks rarely set foot off the district of Vomero and Posillipo.
Again, sorta of Parque 93 in Bogotà or Miraflores in Lima territorial behavior.

Vomero is up the hill, easily reacheable with a funicular from Via Toledo, the retailers street off the main square (Piazza del Plebiscito).

Posillipo is where all the villas and affluent residents are, overlooking the gulf and the vulcano.

Via Orazio and Via Petrarca have most cafes and foot traffic, ideal for a romantic escape when your cat is already in the bag.
For day gaming I'd rather suggest to stick to the Lungomare as the numbers play in your favor.

For a drink or two head to Piazza San Pasquale, Via Chiaia and Vico Belledonne.

Concerning the crime in Naples the visitors should not worry besides the usual city common sense.

The local mafia is not interested in arming tourists or make any scenic action.
Actually even killings in the suburbs are getting rare, which means they are comfortably operating without any particular hindrance.
Many times over the news reported of tourists robbed of their golden Rolex, stepping off the cruise ships and wandering mindlessly in the old town.

You don't wanna be that tourist of course, which doesn't mean you should dress scruffy trying to go unnoticed, quite the contrary.
Upping your style goes a long way in Naples. You will skim 95% of the competition out.
Naples is not Milan and suiting up is not paramount for the average Neapolitan.

There are few local quality brands to stock up with suits and ties, and the prices are reasonable.
Since it's my first post I don't feel appropriate to post them here.

Whatever you decide, don't write off Naples based on what you've heard of read, if only for a future visit.

Awesome post man, thanks a million for the review of the city. That definitely changed my perspective of Naples.

My Italian friend (a chick I wanna game when I go visit my friends in Catania) said that Naples is very similar to Catania, and your post makes it seem that way as well. How's the public transportation in Naples?

I've only really been skeptical of Naples because of what my ex girlfriend would say about the place. She said she loved the Naples accent but would never go because of the violence, and since she's Italian I believed her.

My Italian is alright, haven't communicated with anyone in Italian verbally since last year but I'm level 16 on Duolingo if that gives you a hint as to where I am with it.

I'm going to make my decision when I get back to the states next week (deployed with the military right now as a civilian)

I can relate with your friend, from an outsider perspective.
Naples don't get much love even within Italy, and this is unfortunate.

I started to see things on a different perspective after extensively traveling the world, and somehow revaluing the complexity of Naples in a different light.
Its history and the influences of it make Naples a Mediterranean capital, with Athens and Istanbul, and the the most beautiful of them IMO.

With your good level of italian, black American features and accent, style and game, you could do serious damage.

Just keep in mind that if you only have a few days is more difficult, as chicks dont put out easily and ONS are rare, though they do happen.
Let your exotic factor kicking in and isolate asap from any group (remember, social circle/family members opinion is HUGE).

But after all, if you succesfully achieved the Sicilian flag, notoriously difficult, your game is top notch.
Just try to pipeline (Tinder is not big here but some decent talent in it) and play the semi resident card.
Neapolitans girls are not yet severely destroyed by SJWism like elsewhere in Europe and NA, and definitely still hold a warm and nurturing nature for a good part.
Their role in the family is well imprinted from an old patriarchal culture and the tendency to stray is still within safety levels.

They however do love make dramas, scenes (jealousy is ubiquitous) and talking endlessly.
Ah, and complain complain complain. That is a national sport, I know, but Naples takes it at a new level.
Make look Polish chicks champs of optimism.

Public transportation in Naples is shitty. At least buses and trams.
The city is heavily trafficked and your best bet are the 2 metro lines and few funiculars, cheap and reliable.

Here’s the metro map: http://www.napoliunplugged.com/wp-conten...litana.pdf

Always make sure to agree upon the price if you catch a taxi, unless you’re arriving at Capodichino airport where they have now a fixed taxi fare chart for ride to the city of Naples and the Campania region (Amalfi coast, Sorrento coast, Pompeii etc.)

Here’s the chart: http://www.aeroportodinapoli.it/taxi/#english

Tipping is not necessary, at most just round up the fare 1-2 euros.

The city center is entirely within walkable distance; from old town (where best pizzerias are) to seafront don't bother with public transportation.
Just catch a bus or taxi if you want to go to Posillipo and the funicular to Vomero (up to Piazzetta Fuga).

Quote: (04-17-2016 02:00 AM)yesinmyname Wrote:  

I can relate with your friend, from an outsider perspective.
Naples don't get much love even within Italy, and this is unfortunate.

I started to see things on a different perspective after extensively traveling the world, and somehow revaluing the complexity of Naples in a different light.
Its history and the influences of it make Naples a Mediterranean capital, with Athens and Istanbul, and the the most beautiful of them IMO.

With your good level of italian, black American features and accent, style and game, you could do serious damage.

Just keep in mind that if you only have a few days is more difficult, as chicks dont put out easily and ONS are rare, though they do happen.
Let your exotic factor kicking in and isolate asap from any group (remember, social circle/family members opinion is HUGE).

But after all, if you succesfully achieved the Sicilian flag, notoriously difficult, your game is top notch.
Just try to pipeline (Tinder is not big here but some decent talent in it) and play the semi resident card.
Neapolitans girls are not yet severely destroyed by SJWism like elsewhere in Europe and NA, and definitely still hold a warm and nurturing nature for a good part.
Their role in the family is well imprinted from an old patriarchal culture and the tendency to stray is still within safety levels.

They however do love make dramas, scenes (jealousy is ubiquitous) and talking endlessly.
Ah, and complain complain complain. That is a national sport, I know, but Naples takes it at a new level.
Make look Polish chicks champs of optimism.

Public transportation in Naples is shitty. At least buses and trams.
The city is heavily trafficked and your best bet are the 2 metro lines and few funiculars, cheap and reliable.

Here’s the metro map: http://www.napoliunplugged.com/wp-conten...litana.pdf

Always make sure to agree upon the price if you catch a taxi, unless you’re arriving at Capodichino airport where they have now a fixed taxi fare chart for ride to the city of Naples and the Campania region (Amalfi coast, Sorrento coast, Pompeii etc.)

Here’s the chart: http://www.aeroportodinapoli.it/taxi/#english

Tipping is not necessary, at most just round up the fare 1-2 euros.

The city center is entirely within walkable distance; from old town (where best pizzerias are) to seafront don't bother with public transportation.
Just catch a bus or taxi if you want to go to Posillipo and the funicular to Vomero (up to Piazzetta Fuga).

thanks again man, got this bookmarked for if/when I get there.

gonna definitely hit Tinder hard when I get there, also gonna go to the spots you recommended for day game. I'm adding chicks on Couchsurfer too, what's your recommendation for gaming on Couchsurfer? Haven't used it before yesterday.

I remember my ex introduced me to her family within the first 2 weeks of meeting her, and I met her brother a day after I met her, but they were all surprisingly cool with me even though they didn't speak English/my Italian was garbage. They were big about that family life, every meal was a family meal.. and the Limoncella was always present lol. The jealousy thing is really real though.

I'll be there for about 40 days or so, would you recommend finding a place on AirBnb in the center? That's my plan for right now, since I'll be doing online classes during the day to pass my time.

How's the nightlife in Naples? What bar/clubs do/did you frequent while out there to find a good social circle to stick with?

Here’s in southern Italy family ties and daily events like sitting together for the main meal are still big.
I remember my father making a big deal out of it if I missed a lunch when I was well past my teen age.

The good is you can feel genuinely welcomed at home and treated like a family member from minute 1.
The bad is that at times it feels overwhelming and uncalled for.

Think about the old say going for SEA/Latam, if you marry her you marry her family too.

Not to mention that chicks living with parents till 32/35 (and beyond) is not stereotype but an hurdle alive and well.

I’d go Airbnb all the way, no doubt about it.

Unfortunately I can’t help with Couchsurfing game, not an expert of it, although I’d advise you to check their periodic meetings and just join them for a beer (more likely a pizza in Naples).
I got a bang out of it in Warsaw and keep it as an open option when in Poland, if the Saturday night looks weak.

I’m not anymore in the mindset for clubbing/discos (I’m 38), but trust me, the best chance you have to get back home frustrated is pursuing club game in Italy.

It’s borderline irritating at times.

Surrounded by jealous beta friends, uber-jealous cockblocking girlfriends, (slut shaming is an issue, remember), retard dancing in circle, make isolating a Sisyphus' challenge.

Not to mention that going solo in a club is considered quintessentially awkward.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m well aware you stand out and have definitely above average game, but in my opinion is not worth the effort.

Locals approach non stop, either in the streets or in a club, and most of it is caveman style, hence woman have a solid shield.

My tip is to build up a reasonable story (your being exotic can help a lot – Naples is an Allied Joint Force Command/NATO base – just an idea ) and pump your confidence up.

A large club is Arenile di Bagnoli (by the sea in Bagnoli area, far from the Lungomare, you need a cab).

Bourbon Street Jazz Bar, in the old town (more hipster crowd) and in general the Chiaia district (Vico Belledonne a Chiaia and surrounds).
Piazza Bellini (nearby Bourbon Street Bar) is where many locals hang and groups gather.

Here a few more: http://www.napolike.it/migliori-lounge-bar-napoli

Quote: (04-18-2016 08:46 AM)yesinmyname Wrote:  

Here’s in southern Italy family ties and daily events like sitting together for the main meal are still big.
I remember my father making a big deal out of it if I missed a lunch when I was well past my teen age.

The good is you can feel genuinely welcomed at home and treated like a family member from minute 1.
The bad is that at times it feels overwhelming and uncalled for.

Think about the old say going for SEA/Latam, if you marry her you marry her family too.

Not to mention that chicks living with parents till 32/35 (and beyond) is not stereotype but an hurdle alive and well.

I’d go Airbnb all the way, no doubt about it.

Unfortunately I can’t help with Couchsurfing game, not an expert of it, although I’d advise you to check their periodic meetings and just join them for a beer (more likely a pizza in Naples).
I got a bang out of it in Warsaw and keep it as an open option when in Poland, if the Saturday night looks weak.

I’m not anymore in the mindset for clubbing/discos (I’m 38), but trust me, the best chance you have to get back home frustrated is pursuing club game in Italy.

It’s borderline irritating at times.

Surrounded by jealous beta friends, uber-jealous cockblocking girlfriends, (slut shaming is an issue, remember), retard dancing in circle, make isolating a Sisyphus' challenge.

Not to mention that going solo in a club is considered quintessentially awkward.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m well aware you stand out and have definitely above average game, but in my opinion is not worth the effort.

Locals approach non stop, either in the streets or in a club, and most of it is caveman style, hence woman have a solid shield.

My tip is to build up a reasonable story (your being exotic can help a lot – Naples is an Allied Joint Force Command/NATO base – just an idea ) and pump your confidence up.

A large club is Arenile di Bagnoli (by the sea in Bagnoli area, far from the Lungomare, you need a cab).

Bourbon Street Jazz Bar, in the old town (more hipster crowd) and in general the Chiaia district (Vico Belledonne a Chiaia and surrounds).
Piazza Bellini (nearby Bourbon Street Bar) is where many locals hang and groups gather.

Here a few more: http://www.napolike.it/migliori-lounge-bar-napoli

thanks a million man. Can't stress it enough lol. I owe you a beer if you're ever in Naples

Women in Naples are beautiful. Dark features, a lot of them have big titties.

I can't realy speak to what it's like game-wise since I was only there a few days and hadn't really begun approaching girls yet. There general consensus is that Italy is a tough place to pick up.

OP - you said you're a black American with Italian language skills- that's will be fairly exotic and unique to them and should help him out a lot. More Italian you know the better, English as I'm sure you've noticed is not widely spoken in the south.

I haven't been to Bolonga so I can't compare the price, but it's definitely a lot cheaper than Rome. Be careful in Naples at night, some areas are little rough around the edges.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

The Peru Thread
"Feminists exist in a quantum super-state in which they are both simultaneously the victim and the aggressor." - Milo Yiannopoulos

Quote: (04-18-2016 08:15 PM)NovaVirtu Wrote:  

Women in Naples are beautiful. Dark features, a lot of them have big titties.

I can't realy speak to what it's like game-wise since I was only there a few days and hadn't really begun approaching girls yet. There general consensus is that Italy is a tough place to pick up.

OP - you said you're a black American with Italian language skills- that's will be fairly exotic and unique to them and should help him out a lot. More Italian you know the better, English as I'm sure you've noticed is not widely spoken in the south.

I haven't been to Bolonga so I can't compare the price, but it's definitely a lot cheaper than Rome. Be careful in Naples at night, some areas are little rough around the edges.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

Thanks man will definitely report back on how it goes!

Yes you can certainly get lost looking into their eyes I can only say Ornella Muti Style

Lots of fatties in Southern Italy. It's like night and day compared to the North. And they insist on wearing as little as possible in the summer, usually clothes they've outgrown quite a few lbs ago.

I am considering a visit to Napoli in June. Not sure if hunting is good in Napoli, I am an experct in Eastern Europe. Should I give it a try in Napoli?