rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Workplace Equality? Not so much...

A great article by Blackdragon I just read.

http://www.blackdragonblog.com/2016/04/0...-not-much/

Quote:Quote:

One of my sisters owns a daycare facility. It’s a pretty big enterprise (for a small business) and it’s something she started completely from scratch, out of her own home with no business experience. I’m very proud of her.

I was in her office the other day, helping her out by rendering some helpful brotherly business advice. One of the business problems she relayed to me was very interesting.

“I can’t hire any men,” she said, “It sucks.”

“What?” I replied, “You can’t hire men? Why not?”

“Every time I try, we get parents who freak out. If they find out we’re even interviewing a man, they scream at us and complain that he’ll be a pedophile. Lots of people don’t want men near their kids. They don’t mind if women they’ve never met take care of their kids, but not men. It’s stupid.”

They're right. Particularly given the anti-male bias in early childhood these days, you would seriously look askance at a guy who wanted to work with kids who couldn't talk. Teaching school-age boys is another story. There, men have been driven out of education and it's being run into the ground by women.

That said, the article misdiagnoses the problem. The issue is not that daycare is compelled not to hire men. The issue is that daycare should not fucking exist as an industry at all.

Daycare only exists for one reason: because women are in the workforce. No women working their guts out 40-50 hours per week for shit they don't need, no need to toss the kids into a pen with a bunch of strangers. No necessity for two incomes in order to even pay the bills and keep your kids from poverty, no need for daycare.

But once again we have the Baby Boomers to thank for that: they bred up big, then spent the kids' inheritance, and for an encore took no responsibility to get involved in their grandchildren's lives. I didn't realise the difference until I saw a big Italian family in action, one that had resisted the siren call of Western consumerism. There, the kids don't move out. They stay until well into the mid-20s or later with their parents, and when they do, they don't move far from the family home, so Nonno and Nonna get to see and interact with their kids and grandkids often -- and fulfil the function of emergency daycare when it's needed. No fucking cross-country career-chasing for those kids, they stayed around and the extended family grew stronger as a larger unit. It's exhilarating to see when you compare it to the standard nuclear Boomer family of parents living hundreds of miles from their kids and getting farmed off themselves into retirement homes.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Quote: (04-11-2016 08:13 AM)Paracelsus Wrote:  

But once again we have the Baby Boomers to thank for that: they bred up big, then spent the kids' inheritance, and for an encore took no responsibility to get involved in their grandchildren's lives. I didn't realise the difference until I saw a big Italian family in action, one that had resisted the siren call of Western consumerism. There, the kids don't move out. They stay until well into the mid-20s or later with their parents, and when they do, they don't move far from the family home, so Nonno and Nonna get to see and interact with their kids and grandkids often -- and fulfil the function of emergency daycare when it's needed. No fucking cross-country career-chasing for those kids, they stayed around and the extended family grew stronger as a larger unit. It's exhilarating to see when you compare it to the standard nuclear Boomer family of parents living hundreds of miles from their kids and getting farmed off themselves into retirement homes.

A lot of non Anglosphere cultures are all about the extended family helping raise kids - as well as Italians this is true of many Islamic, Indian, Greek, Armenian, Chinese, orthodox Jewish etc. families. I'm of an UK Indian background and I helped raise my brother's kids - I'm supposed to treat them like they're my own. My mother also raised them.

How many British/American kids are close to or even know their cousins? I know all of my first cousins, and most of my 2nd cousins, even though they live on 3 different continents. I also know many of my 3rd cousins.

Anglosphere "individuality" and feminism has destroyed the family unit.

Try to stay out of female-dominated career fields if you can. You will not get a fair shake as a man, and especially as a masculine man (heaven help you if your boss is an unmarried older woman).

Quote: (04-11-2016 11:32 PM)eatthishomie Wrote:  

Try to stay out of female-dominated career fields if you can. You will not get a fair shake as a man, and especially as a masculine man (heaven help you if your boss is an unmarried older woman).

Agree
There is also another problem - the market will discount you.
You will not be able to have a good career.

"I love a fulfilling and sexual relationship. That is why I make the effort to have many of those" - TheMaleBrain
"Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

The understanding around here is that feminism was promoted to move women from non-taxable housewives to 'productive members of society'.
With the end goal being double the tax revenue.

But that is not the full truth.

It tripled it: working father, working mother, working daycare staff. Not enough daycare staff? Nonsense, import some more!

That being said, if daycare is here to stay, I do agree women are the best for the little ones. They need more nurturing. Once the kids reach school age, and start showing interest in boyish/girlish activities, a manly influence is needed. If the authority figures in school are mostly or all female, then Dad Time with them after school and on the weekends is essential. Whether a girl or a boy, they need a father who is good masculine example - reliable, firm, fair, and hell, fun! - when the rest of their life is devoid of such a thing.