rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Martial Arts just got DEADLIER

I can't stop watching this in awe of the stupidity, they are kind of the feminists and SJWs of the martial arts world with this dumb shit!

Have any of you actually come across fakes like this? It would be interesting to train with them just to fuck up their shit and see how they rationalize it.

I used to upset martial arts instructors, even going to tkd and other bs classes by asking them questions and stuff and before I learnt not to care and not to bother arguing with them alot of them got annoyed with me when I said their art is full of shit. I've even noticed telling them some of my training beliefs and concepts that I used to train in (I mainly just goto the gym now) upsets them as it's way different.

A few days ago I got the old tripe from a tkd instructor in the gym "You don't learn the real stuff until after black belt" when I mentioned parts of effective training and he's like "I wouldn't even teach any of that before black belt" (awareness, dealing with fear, etc). But the truth is that is bullshit and i've not seen traditional people teach any of that. There is certain things that should be taught straight away but they use the whole "you don't learn stuff until after black belt" excuse. If you can't defend yourself at black belt then it's useless, which I found out the hard way with tkd years ago.

This is terrible. Some parts are not even funny, its just extremely sad.

I feel bad for those people who buy into this garbage, because at some point in their life they may need to fight someone and their magical martial art wont do shit.

Thanks for posting.

A lot of BS self-defense out there. Be Careful. Fighting is Dangerous, being overconfident can get you beaten to death.

Bullshido Forums have been ripping down bad teachers and poor use of TMA for years: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125068

This shit's perfect if ever your imaginary friends turn against you.

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Some of these have got to be troll videos.

I agree it's hard for me to laugh at this shit now, cos it's getting out of hand. I also thought the jesus one had to be a troll but I don't know. I know the Russian Systema psychic energy stuff is real.. well real as in the idiots believe it. But this "I knock you out with jesus". It can't be real!

It's just as good as this shit haha.

As for my original question I think of ALOT of martial arts as bullshit and not effective in real life after having real life experience. But this shit is the next level of crazy!

I don't care if you want to pretend you are a badass, but could you at least leave the Prince of Peace out of it?

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

When one starts to see a lot of martial arts as essentially religious cults, as I do, one will understand more clearly.

Quote:Quote:

When one starts to see a lot of martial arts as essentially religious cults, as I do, one will understand more clearly.

Makes sense, even if there's nothing religious in it then it's still a bunch of brainwashed students thinking their art is effective just because 'the master said so'. My tkd instructor back in the day had never even been in a fight and told me it was effective, but I found out the hard way it wasn't, luckily I wasn't beat up too much but it was enough for me to search for other answers.

I used to fucking HATE the response to me asking why we did something and getting "because the master said so". WTF. No.. that is no kind of explanation.

And the whole being in pajamas and marching up and down the hall like HIYA... just makes me sick now. And yes I did it for years. Real life experience really changed my outlook and showed how bullshit alot of it is.

Interesting, I think there has a lot to be said in regards to Systema, and the incredible power of suggestion. I had a few one on one sessions with a systema trainer, and he did something on me along the lines of what is seen on those videos. Although I swear on my life it actually happened. I felt my body lose control and failing to punch him. I ended up falling over, a very strange sensation, that I can't really articulate.

However a lot of systema is focused on applying concentrated pressure on pressure points or sensitive areas of the body. Pain compliance but amplified on sensitive areas which result in the subject bending to the will of whoever is applying the pressure. This can be done by using basic household goods, knuckles or a mobile phone for example, if you use the hard end of the cover.

Systema is good for conditioning however, they will train you to take the punches and build up your body to be resilient enough. The problem is there are a lot of bullshido teachers out there, so it is hard to train with someone who knows what they are doing. Also in Moscow for example, Systema teachers will be charing up to 4000 rubles for an hour lesson. Maybe you can get it down to 2000 rubles an hour if you have some contacts but lets face it, most expats won't get hold of that.

Quote: (04-12-2016 03:39 AM)Dominance Wrote:  

I know the Russian Systema psychic energy stuff is real.. well real as in the idiots believe it.

I've actually practiced systema a bit; after the first hour and a half with Vladimir in the Toronto school I had learned more about hitting and being hit than in years of kung fu, karate etc.

The 'psychic energy' part is misquoted, I think because of a rough translation from Russian. One of the founders, Mikhael Riyabko, explained the 'psychic energy' more like projection: imagine walking down a crowded sidewalk and you see a guy who, if you bump him, is likely to start something. You don't make eye contact, but you are aware that he sees you too. You pass close, but there is no contact and no confrontation. He also describes it as like moving through heavy traffic in a car; you don't have to contact all the other cars to know they are there, you just move through.

That being said, systema is kind of like an 'open source' martial art: if someone decides to teach invisible force fields and call it systema, then so be it, there isn't some international governing body that will decide.

"Intellectuals are naturally attracted by the idea of a planned society, in the belief that they will be in charge of it" -Roger Scruton

Most 'Systema' guys in the UK just teach basic self defence and think Russian words sound cool.

Actually there is a whole dvd on psychic energy by him.

Russian or not, the retardedness of it can't be ignored and passed off as 'intention' as the evidence is there just in this trailer. And even more retardedness here.

Everything i've seen about Systema shows it up as a massive crock of shit with no effectiveness and a bunch of scammers.

And I only watched a little of this, but again HELL NO

Anyone with anything remotely close to real life experience or even 1 or 2 schoolyard fights should realize it's bullshit. As for Bullshido i'd definately put Vladamir in with that too.

The 'psychic energy' part is misquoted, I think because of a rough translation from Russian. One of the founders, Mikhael Riyabko, explained the 'psychic energy' more like projection: imagine walking down a crowded sidewalk and you see a guy who, if you bump him, is likely to start something. You don't make eye contact, but you are aware that he sees you too. You pass close, but there is no contact and no confrontation. He also describes it as like moving through heavy traffic in a car; you don't have to contact all the other cars to know they are there, you just move through.

I agree with this intention/projection thing as you've explained it. But that doesn't explain his trailer and dvd's showing psychic energy and 'no touch strikes'.

That being said, systema is kind of like an 'open source' martial art: if someone decides to teach invisible force fields and call it systema, then so be it, there isn't some international governing body that will decide.

All it takes is a quick look at the videos form the founders and they are trying to teach exactly something like that 'no touch strikes' 'throwing people by not touching them' and other gems that makes me wonder how the fuck they ever have any students.