rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What will it take to break America out of its delusion?

Just a quick intro- I'm a young man in his early 20s who has been growing increasingly disillusioned with the current state of affairs. The United States is the most delusionally feminist and politically correct culture in the entire world, and I'm sick of it. I think the root cause of this delusion is the monumental wealth, safety, luxury, and convenience of modernity. I believe the wealthier, safer, and more technologically "advanced" a civilization becomes, the more it can afford to detach itself from the world of reality and drift further into the world of fantasy. People in the past didn't have the luxury of getting lost in the myriad of fantasies like "gender equality" that we have today, because the environment back then was much harsher, the world was a much more brutal place. They were much more honest about their natures not only as men and women, but as human beings.

I don't really have much hope for the future. Things are accelerating at an unprecedented rate all over the world towards more delusional feminism and political correctness. What can be done to stop it, outside of some cataclysmic event like a great war or the breakdown of our civilizations?

The United States is the most delusionally feminist and politically correct culture in the entire world, and I'm sick of it. I think the root cause of this delusion is the monumental wealth, safety, luxury, and convenience of modernity.

Keep reading this forum. This is not unique to the USA. The same shit is going on in the UK, EU, Canada, AU.... basically what we are living through is the steep decline of Western Civilization.

Whilst it's certainly unsatisfying, and indeed damaging, that the leftist, feminist zeitgeist has such a stranglehold on Western Culture, I think it's important not to get too carried away. The US, and as an Englishman it hurts me to say this, is certainly the greatest, free-est country on earth, where a man has the greatest potential to make something of himself free from 3rd party interference. For all the doom and gloom, where and when would you rather be born? On any honest appraisal, there is no better time or place to be alive than as an American in the current era. You still have a great many freedoms that we do not, such as the right to bear arms, and your geography and general constitution mean you are far less accepting of the pervading soft tyranny that plays a much more marked role in our lives as Europeans.

These are difficult times, and there is no question that the people in power, both directly and indirectly, are hugely unpleasant. However, the possibilities for travel, learning, discourse and experience that are open to the average man have never been better, and your chance at an enjoyable life never higher.

The US, and as an Englishman it hurts me to say this, is certainly the greatest, free-est country on earth, where a man has the greatest potential to make something of himself free from 3rd party interference. For all the doom and gloom, where and when would you rather be born? On any honest appraisal, there is no better time or place to be alive than as an American in the current era.

Interesting to see an Englishmen's perspective on this. The current era is pretty screwed up, and 3rd party interference is at an all time high in American history. Thing is, the feminist movement spent alot of effort and propaganda to demonize the 50's, the post WWII boom, but that era was certainly America the land of the free's zenith and it's been all downhill ever since.

Unfortunately, I don't think the US will ever break out of its delusion. The damage has been done, and it appears to be too advanced to ever fix. I'm in the same boat as you, early 20s and fed up with things. But at this moment, it appears that we have to face facts. The globalists have won.

We as young men will never have families, children, legacies, financial stability or higher purpose in life. The elites have taken that away from us. The era of finding greener pastures is rapidly coming to an end. Within the next 20 years tops, all greener pastures will be carousel countries. All of them. Women simply have too many options and men don't have enough. The only solution I see is the Aaron Clarey method. Get on the dole, enjoy the decline, and when it all finally breaks down or becomes too much to bear...

As an American living in England, H1N1 is right. America is indeed the land of the free and home of the brave.

America has another 300 years of kicking ass and chewing bubble gun left in her.

Europe has 10 years max.

Quote: (04-08-2016 02:05 PM)H1N1 Wrote:  

For all the doom and gloom, where and when would you rather be born? On any honest appraisal, there is no better time or place to be alive than as an American in the current era. You still have a great many freedoms that we do not, such as the right to bear arms, and your geography and general constitution mean you are far less accepting of the pervading soft tyranny that plays a much more marked role in our lives as Europeans.

This. I share a lot of the OP's apprehensions and dissatisfaction. But you're spot on.

I was born and raised upper-class in a third world country with maids, drivers, bodyguards and gardeners. Would trade it in a heart beat in exchange for being born again as a lower-middle class American.

Born a middle-class American white male? Congrats you've won the world lottery. Upper-middle class pretty American white female? Jackpot.

I'll explain in more detail if OP wants. Most of you guys take your freedoms for granted.

Quote: (04-08-2016 02:26 PM)Anabasis to Desta Wrote:  

For all the doom and gloom, where and when would you rather be born? On any honest appraisal, there is no better time or place to be alive than as an American in the current era. You still have a great many freedoms that we do not, such as the right to bear arms, and your geography and general constitution mean you are far less accepting of the pervading soft tyranny that plays a much more marked role in our lives as Europeans.

This. I share a lot of the OP's apprehensions and dissatisfaction. But you're spot on.

I was born and raised upper-class in a third world country. Would trade it in a heart beat in exchange for being born a lower-middle class American.

Born a middle-class American white male? Congrats you've won the world lottery. Upper-middle class pretty American white female? Jackpot.

I'll explain in more detail if OP wants. Most of you guys take your freedoms for granted.
I would like you to do this. You have made great posts about the differences between America and the rest of the world and as a young European who has never set a foot on American soil those posts are interesting reads.

I'm not really sold on the "freedom" aspect of modern society. There's no freedom, only the illusion of freedom. We're subject to more laws, regulation, restriction, and surveillance than ever before. I'm not convinced that there's much "freedom" in a land that imprisons more of its population than any other nation in the world, and more than even Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia.

I was born and raised upper-class in a third world country with maids, drivers, bodyguards and gardeners. Would trade it in a heart beat in exchange for being born again as a lower-middle class American.

PM me about your country if you have the time. I'd like to hear more.

Point well taken.

Though, the grass is always greener and "Middle Class" American might not exactly come with the lifestyle that you envision. Where were you raised? Are you living there now?

Depends on your age. I believe most of us Gen X'ers that grew up in the 80's and reached adulthood before 9/11//2001 would vehemently disagree with that.

While I just wrote the 50's where America's zenith, the 80's where still a time of relative freedom, especially compared to our current era. I think you foreigners to the USA have a caricatured vision of America based on the past freedoms we used to take for granted.

It is nowhere like that nowadays.

As far as I'm aware, there has never been a society in history that has allowed women to vote that has ever turned back from degenerating into absolution.

These societies become matriarchies, and that is what we are living in now. And historically speaking, every matriarchy that has come in contact with a patriarchy gets conquered and subsumed into it.

The Patriarchy of the next age is Islam.

Born a middle-class American white male? Congrats you've won the world lottery.

There's your SJW propaganda gone global right there. The fact that foreigners believe that attests to the power of the media's portrayal of the American Dream™ to the rest of the world. It is this precise attitude that has allowed so many different attacks on our Freedoms in the name of "righting the historical wrongs" and "injustices" caused by "white male privilege". It's all bullshit. (And I 'aint even a middle class white male, and I have personally benefited from Affirmative Action policies, yet still see how wrong it all is.)

Quote:Quote:

But at this moment, it appears that we have to face facts. The globalists have won.

The thing about the current iteration of globalists is that they are parasites and thus dependent on the host surviving. We are more likely to see the globalists continuing to pump the surviving regions of the West with steroids and anti-biotics as they leach the power created for their interests.

One outlet that may come online soon are semi-sovereign protectorates (the Israeli model) of the globe's power centers. The potential problem with the West being the protector is that the most likely to initially take advantage of this outlet are the infected tech firms (think Google, Amazon, Facebook, etc). If so, the West being called to protect the interests of these protectorates may irreversibly conflict with the ability to protect the interests of healthy protectorates.

Quote:Quote:

It's an inheritance, not a lottery. It may appear to be a minor quibble, but it is not.

Heh, the title of this thread just reminds me of the Atlas Shrugged quote from Francisco to Reardon:

If you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength, and the greater his effort the heavier the world bore down upon his shoulders - What would you tell him?"

I…don't know. What…could he do? What would you tell him?"

To shrug.

two scoops
two genders
two terms

Quote: (04-08-2016 02:31 PM)Chaos Preacher Wrote:  

I'm not really sold on the "freedom" aspect of modern society. There's no freedom, only the illusion of freedom. We're subject to more laws, regulation, restriction, and surveillance than ever before. I'm not convinced that there's much "freedom" in a land that imprisons more of its population than any other nation in the world, and more than even Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia.

When was the last time your government machine gunned its own troops? When did you last walk down the main drag in Washington DC and hear political prisoners being executed in Lubianka-esque buildings there?

I get the frustration, but really, think about the very forum you are on. You can post anything you like short of actual terrorist threats without fear of government thugs coming through your door and putting their jackboots on your neck in the night. The internet itself is the greatest instrument of freedom of all time. The entire sum of human knowledge is at your fingertips. Right now I'm responding to you more or less live, more or less free, from thousands of miles away in a different time zone. We are able to have this interesting discussion even though we've never met, will never meet, and wouldn't know each other if we passed in the street. That in itself is an extraordinary thing.

The problem is that you want to focus on the negative, AND ignore the positives. There are some very real problems at the moment, particularly with what Western countries are doing to our legal systems, but as some freedoms are curtailed, others are soaring and their potential is immense. Everything you ever wanted to know is literally a mouse click away, and that is an extraordinary freedom.

This is a great few lines and I think we have a rookie of the year candidate here. You guys really need to read this the next time you feel like raving about Colombia, Thailand, the Philippines, or wherever.

Alright I'll explain. It's Friday afternoon drunk times with my girl, crushing Heinekens @ the lake so it's a bit of an incoherent I-phone rant.

I'm a proud Ethiopian, born in Ethiopia, raised in Germany until half-way to elementary school then I moved back to Ethiopia ... finished middleschool & Highschool along with a year n a half in the Airforce over there and then moved to America for college. Still living and working here.

Traveled extensively and have seen how people live across 3 continents.

America is the closet thing to heaven on earth.

In the rest of the world, there is no social mobility. In Africa, if you're born middle class you'll die middle class. If you're born poor you'll die poor and no matter how much you fuck up ... if you're lucky enough to be born to the upper class you'll always be on top.

In Latin American countries like Mexico, Ecuador, Costa Rica or Bolivia, , if you're born to pure Spanish White blood ... you've got it made. You're an automatic royal. The poor have no future, the middle class scrape out a hard living but will never have the opportunity to make it to the top.

In mainland Europe, everybody lives an OK life. Nobody is starving but the opportunity to carve out an exceptional life for yourself and realize your potential is non-existent. You get taxed 50% of your income ... innovation, hard work and hustle is discouraged. The system is already established. You're allowed to become a glorified slave but no chance to build your own Empire. A Surgeon lives almost the same lifestyle as a guy stacking shelves at Aldi. People don't have the fire and drive to succeed over there like Americans do. In Britain the classes are established & impenetrable. The poor support their local football clubs, get drunk and fight ... the rich do what they've always done.

Same goes with the caste system in India and the similar social hierarchies in the Middle East.

In America ... the son of a mailman (John Kasich) or Cuban immigrant bartender (Marco Rubio) can become a Presidential candidate. If you're smart, work hard and obey the law ... there are no limits to your success.

Be above average in what you love to do and you will be financially compensated for it. Never went to college and hate Math & Science? Become a welder and make $70k a year, join an elevator mechanic apprenticeship making 75k a year or become a plumber for 55k a year. Work in the Oilfields of ND/Montana or the mines of New Mexico/Wyoming/Arizona and make bank working 16 hours a day for 6 figures with no degree.

Labor's not your forte? Join the military. It offers so many opportunities i don't know why more people don't decide to enlist. (Credit to MiscBrah) Free college after your 4 year enlistment, VA benefits, respect, better job prospects and the opportunity to join elite units and make a career out of killing. Join the military at 18 and you can retire at 38 if all else fails.

Don't want to do that? Work 2 shifts at Home Depot with some Uber driving on the side and I guarantee you'll pull atleast 48k a year. Not bad for a single guy. Outside of NYC and Cali, you can buy a house, finance a car of your choice and travel wherever you want 2-3 times a year with that income.

That's not possible in Europe, Africa, SA or Asia.

In Spain, Italy, , Portugal, Greece and Brazil most adults live with their parents. In Germany, Japan, Holland, Belgium and France ... making 100k a year is unheard of unless you are atleast 40-45 years old in a white-collar profession with a good degree. In America, it's not uncommon to see 22-28 year olds making 80-100k a year.

In Scandinavia, most middle class people can't afford to buy beers and shots at a club. Shit costs like $18 a bottle. In America, it normal for broke college frat boys working side jobs @ Denny's to spend $30-50 a night on drinks @ clubs.

This is a country where you can make tens of thousands a month from YouTube prank videos, Instagram attention whoring, stripping or escorting.

Opportunities are unlimited and money grows on trees in this country.

If you live in America and can't take care of yourself you don't deserve to be alive.

The absolute best thing about America however is that where you're from, what family or social class you come from does not matter.

What matters in America is what you accomplish as a person. A redneck kid from Oklahoma who makes it to Hollywood (Brad Pitt) can become American royalty. A degenerate gangster from New Orleans (Lil' Wayne) can do the same. A semi-retarded bodybuilder immigrant from Austria (Arnold) can become a Movie-star and governor of the most populous state in the country. Son of a Kenyan Immigrant and white girl from
Kansas can become president -Obama.

Equality of opportunity ... regardless of your background is what makes America exceptional. The ability to pursue happiness to the highest degree.

Dalarran1991 could probably explain more.

Unless you guys have lived it 3rd world countries it's very hard to explain.

I agree that America is decaying. What will stop the decay is the return to traditional family units and respect for fathers. However, I don't see that happening.

A small catharsis for those to young to remember Em:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWmG0ZsUAag

Anabasis, good post....but context is key. Much of what you write about appears true on it's face, but increasingly is not. 40 years ago, almost your whole post would be absolutely true, but what we have now is this illusion that things are still this way, but increasingly, they are not. This is what "red pill" on the interwebz is all about - recognizing all the lies and delusions we are all force fed to maintain the appearance of prosperity and freedom, when both are being rapidly eroded at an exponential pace.

If you live in America and can't take care of yourself you don't deserve to be alive.

We are approaching 50% of the populace who are all receiving some form of Government assistance - WIC, Section 8, SNAP, Student Loans, etc., i.e. more and more Americans are not taking care of themselves.

In the rest of the world, there is no social mobility. In Africa, if you're born middle class you'll die middle class. If you're born poor you'll die poor and no matter how much you fuck up ... if you're lucky enough to be born to the upper class you'll always be on top.

Choose to believe it or not, but this is largely true in the US as well. Most poor born into poverty in the US either end up dead, in jail, on welfare and/or stuck in poor communities their whole lives. The occasional great story of one who beat the odds and escaped the cycle makes for great press for the country....but most poor people in the 21st century USA usually stay poor their whole lives.

Most of the "middle class" are actually serfs working to pay off all the debt to the usurious banking system to acquire the "materialistic" consumerist "middle class" lifestyle. And of course, like most places in the world, the rich upper classes usually stay their.

But yes, your larger point does stand - compared to other places in the world, the US does seem to have socio-economic mobility that most other places do not...thing is, this is increasingly becoming less and less possible.

Note all the folks now graduating from college with worthless degrees and 6 figure student debt having to move back home and work as baristas and waiters to pay off their loans...

In America, it normal for broke college frat boys working side jobs @ Denny's to spend $30-50 a night on drinks @ clubs.

That's because either they are going to school on their parents dime, or they are taking out massive student loans to pay for tuition and housing, and they don't make any payments on those loans until after graduation. Thus, they get to spend their minimum wage earnings on luxuries like overpriced drinks at bars.

In America ... the son of a mailman (John Kasich) or Cuban immigrant bartender (Marco Rubio) can become a Presidential candidate. If you're smart, work hard and obey the law ... there are no limits to your success.

That's what it looks like on the outside...but the reality is far different. Millions of us have all believed what you just wrote as a basic truth of being American, only to find out later just how it is all an illusion to keep us happily enslaved and working. In America, you don't get to run for President unless you get connected to the political party machine and rise through those ranks. Only self-made millionaires and billionaires like Trump and Perot appear to be able to self-finance their candidacies.

Take Obama, for instance. He had wealthy Grandparents that paid for him to attend the most prestigious and expensive Prep-school in Hawaii (tuition at Punahou is more than most State colleges in the US), then he moved to Chicago and got connected (many of those connections made at Punahou) with the political establishment to work his way in the party machine to become President. Whatever one wants to say about Obama, he definitely had economic privilege growing up in Hawaii amongst the wealthy class. Citing his Father's birth has exactly zero relevance to how he became President.

As for working hard and obeying the law to stay out of trouble...

Many a man did exactly that, only to find out his cheating wife got to divorce him, take away all his property, keep the children and he gets to pay for it all in a form of indentured servitude, thanks to the family court system of the "freest country on the planet."

Or how about a young man working hard, obeying the law and playing by the rules suddenly losing it all because of a false rape accusation?

The examples are legion, but all I'm really trying to say is that while the picture of prosperity of the American Dream looks great, the reality is it's not it's all cracked up to be.

Unless you guys have lived it 3rd world countries it's very hard to explain.

While I haven't lived in the 3rd world, I have visited some of those countries and I do have an idea of what you're talking about.

But compare a man in poverty in the third world who at least has a family and means of self-sustenance versus the divorced American man with a car and an iphone and air conditioning, but no custody and paying child support to a hostile ex-wife that turned his kids against him...ask him if he'd give it all up to just have his kids with him on a daily basis, you'd be surprised at just how much he really alues all these material things you think of as indicators of America being a great country.

Things in America are not as they seem, and as time goes on, more and more people are waking up to it....and there's far more to achieving "happiness" and experiencing freedom then economic prosperity and material wealth.

That's all I'm trying to say.

In terms of money, more people are making big bucks. But, you could also make this kind of money and be location independent.

[Image: d823a614_9e82_11e5_b45d_4812f209f861.gif]

Women can front toughness because they are sheltered from consequences. They can dial the police on their cell phone if they need protection. They don't worry about studying or working hard because of affirmative action laws and thirsty men and daddy government propping them up if they fail. Every single women I see daily actually tells me they have no motivation to better themselves. Why would they? Why go to the gym, study, or make bank when everything is provided to you?

It has come to the point in our history where the state has severely undercut a man's value. The welfare state in the US provides enough for women such that a man has to make at least 70K to even be comparable. And even if a man does make more she is incentivised to drop a kid and leave him to collect from both. We live in a time now where phenotype trumps merit and working hard. A tall man with clown skill outshines a stable productive man.

Eventually these men wise up and leave. They find ways to evade taxes and what you are left with is Greece. Last time I checked this place wasn't any stronghold of feminism and women here spread their legs open for a big Mac or a sandwich.