rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wisest guys in the Fitness Industry? Share your journey

As lot of you know, the Fitness Industry is one of the most misleading and easy to misunderstand field.

Everybody is looking for the right answer, for the magic pill, more and more gurus are going online claiming that their method/philosophy is the "best". Some of them with their bachelors, masters and PhDs.. and some of them with their broscience..but and the end they're misleading more and more

The thing is that each person is unique and different, but there're certain unavoidable principles that will help you to progress in your journey.

I've been lifting weights for 7 years and I learning in the trial error-method. What I achieved in 7 years I'm sure I could have achieved it in 3 so...what was missing? Lot of misleading information and not having the ability to listen myself and my body.

I learned mostly autodidact, I had some good coaches along the way but at the end I realised that they had their own "method" and they stopped to learn. I even got certified in personal training and some nutrition certifications to understand all this better. Needless to say that I read lot of books concerning this field and spent hours and hours surfing the internet looking and comparing fitness info.

Which was my goal? To have a muscular, aesthetic and functional body that I feel comfortable with.

Also, in case I want to travel the world and live in different places...I want to make it sustainable.

Who would I have listened to If I had to start again my fitness journey from the beginning? Cutting all the misleading information either online and offline.

Elliott Hulse: I learned that you have to listen your body, he definitely helped me a lot

Kinobody: the harsh truth to gain muscle for naturals..basic exercises, progressive overload and keep track of all you can measure, both training and nutrition

Ido Portal: Probably most of you don't know about him...Why he had such a big impact on my life? I remember when I first started training I was betting big,yes...getting stronger..yes...How was I feeling? tight and not functional.

I discovered the importance of being aware of your own movement patterns , how to detect and correct hidden problems and limited body movements.

Here's some example about how to get started and check how's your mobility going

How is going your fitness journey? Who's helping you most along the way?

I'm close to achieve the body I've always wanted..just have to improve more functional patterns. But what I have learned what can be useful for most of people who want to achieve a ripped, muscular and functional body that can be sustainable are:

-Train yourself in patience: We live in a world that encourage us to find instant gratification and making you believe that everything will come fast and easy.

-Stick to the basics both in the training and nutrition principles: There're more and more information going out outside, we live overstimulated. So the best option is to stick to the basic exercises and nutrition principles.

-Enjoy the process and don't skip it: What does it involve? Learn the proper technique of the exercises and the mind-muscle connection.

If not, you won't be recruiting your muscles 100 % and the risk of injury will increase.

-Track your progress weekly: how much you eat(you must start with your own estimation of the macros that you need), how much weight and reps can you do, your bodyweight and corporal measures.

So each and every week you will be AWARE about that have to be improved to keep progressing.

Being aware of your caloric intake will help you to regulate yourself...so you will have better control and understanding of your body.

-Have a clear goal of which kind of body you want to achieve and why. Don't let your ego interfere on yourself. Do you want to have a aesthetic, muscular and functional body so that It can be sustainable while you travel the world? So don't take the "bodybuilding road", stick to a routine with the basic exercises and start implementing bodyweight exercises so that you'll be able to train anywhere you go.

I'm sure I can be writing more...just enjoy the journey and never stop learning and improving..It's all about the journey [Image: smile.gif]

delete

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Being a moderate fan of the YouTube Fitness scene myself, you must be careful since they all have to lie about being on steroids. I don't hate them for it, but it is what it is!

Our society deems steroids as a demon, and not as a tremendous tool that can help you achieve super results with hard work. So they all have to lie about being on the juice! ALL, except the self admitted users. Always to keep in mind what people are trying to sell you. To anyone thinking of jumping on juice... know what you're doing please! This stuff ain't no joke!

First: LeanGains.com is authored by Martin Berkhan - this guy is a genius that demonstrates pure science to back up all his glorious theory.
He has had the greatest impact on my physique and health.

Second: Patrick Arnold. This man is so brilliant and has tried & true history of truthful masculine wisdom.

Google Search some of Patrick Arnold's articles, forum posts and achievements - you will be awe struck.

For 18 years I have been a fitness enthusiast and those 2 are my best recommendations for Dieting & Nutrition & Workouts.

Honorable Mentions:
Par Deus (AKA Caleb Stone) for explaining the "fed state" and bringing transdermal prohormones to the market
Lyle McDonald for his amazing fat loss theories & science to back it up

#1 Inspiration: Arnold Schwarzenegger <--- He showed us that old school, brutal, gritty path to amazing physique.
Steroids, Crazy Long Heavy Workouts Daily, Extreme Calorie Surplus, Obsession.

For 99.9% of men (including myself) the Arnold Schwarzenegger method will not be mentally possible - which is why he is so amazing.

For what the OP posted I would recommend Ross Enamait:

He's a bad ass, with tons of wisdom for those who want that strong lean functional physique.

For strength training I would recommend Paul Carter:

IMO those two are among the most trust worthy and wisest in the fitness industry.

Quote:Quote:

Second: Patrick Arnold. This man is so brilliant and has tried & true history of truthful masculine wisdom.

Do you have a link? I found http://patrickarnoldblog.com but the last post is from 2012.

Quote: (04-05-2016 06:36 AM)Rendőrség Wrote:  

Kinobody: the harsh truth to gain muscle for naturals..basic exercises, progressive overload and keep track of all you can measure, both training and nutrition

Agreed 100%, I've been using Intermittent Fasting while slowly gaining muscle, and my phsyique has improved over the last couple of months. Much better than the whole eat too much and get fat... I prefer to lean bulk using the Kinobody approach. I think I'm at the same body fat percentage, but I"ve added on muscle mass and look better in t-shirts now.

He is going to take over the fitness industry 100% and be one of the biggest names in the industry.

I've been looking into mobility training for a while now didn't know there was someone who had so many helpful videos. Thanks for the share this def helped, I'm going to start incorporating this type of training. Maybe a separate thread should be opened for those interested or anyone with more information.

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

Overall solid list in the OP.

I would add Coach Sommer only because he's the OG when it comes to gymnastics. Any of his products are money well spent. Ido Portal is great too though.

Kinobodies is also underrated.

John Broz and Jamie Lewis Chaos and Pain are top notch too. It's a shame C&P isn't updated much anymore, I always enjoyed his articles.

Quote: (04-06-2016 09:40 PM)Oz. Wrote:  

I've been looking into mobility training for a while now didn't know there was someone who had so many helpful videos. Thanks for the share this def helped, I'm going to start incorporating this type of training. Maybe a separate thread should be opened for those interested or anyone with more information.

There is an Ido Portal datasheet.

Acrobolix is a solid channel mixing powerlifting, tricking, and nutrition. He doesn't care about marketing so his subscriber count is only ~25K but all the videos are top notch.

Calisthentic Movement is probably the best overall bodyweight training channel. Adam Raw is impressive and has a good diet but his knowledge doesn't translate well in videos and lots of them are in czech. Physiques of Greatness used to be my go to but recent drama put me off. Biolayne (Layne Norton) is good for hardcore nutrition/metabolic breakdown.

I have my suspicions on Kinobody. Recently, he claims he's been injured but I'm guessing he got called out enough that he jumped off cycle. It's not entirely relevant as most youtube fitness celebs are secretly roiding for results then claiming natty to push their product. Regardless of that, Kinobody's content is good. I don't understand how people are preaching his approach is a fitness revolution as it's just IF + strength training + maximizing recovery.

Edit: Forgot about Alan Thrall. Solid, no-nonsense advice. Infinite Elgintensity is a funny channel. Guy straight trolls other youtube fitness gurus.

Quote: (04-06-2016 09:40 PM)Oz. Wrote:  

Check out Kelly Starrett. He was the inventor of the mobility wod and he also wrote Becoming a Supple Leopard, which is rocking a 4.8/5 on amazon with 1000+ reviews.

Quote: (04-06-2016 10:33 PM)Hades Wrote:  

I've been seeing more bad reviews of his online coaching as he gets busier, but his knowledge and abilities still speak for themselves:

thread-38372.html

Hasn't anybody mentioned Sean Nelawanyj? I've followed his methods for over a year now, and it's been great. I didn't even purchase one of his products yet. Just the free stuff on his website.
Its seannal.com. It's well written. Highly recommended for all levels of lifters.

Quote: (04-07-2016 12:14 AM)LeBeau Wrote:  

I've been seeing more bad reviews of his online coaching as he gets busier, but his knowledge and abilities still speak for themselves:

thread-38372.html

A couple movement groups I'm in on Facebook are not too fond of the guy. He puts out some good information for sure but I wouldn't pay for online coaching or any movement seminars.

Quote: (04-07-2016 12:34 AM)MiscBrah Wrote:  

Quote: (04-07-2016 12:14 AM)LeBeau Wrote:  

thread-38372.html

A couple movement groups I'm in on Facebook are not too fond of the guy. He puts out some good information for sure but I wouldn't pay for online coaching or any movement seminars.

I'm not sure if it's a language barrier or something but I have seen similar things. I wish Simonster would reveal more of his training secrets outside of stylized dubstep music videos.

That's partly why I had to mention Coach Sommer, his coaching skills are top notch and resources are basically good enough where you can mostly coach yourself into proficiency. He's set the bar high enough to where nobody is going to be able to compete with him (probably ever). His products are not cheap but if you're a devotee you can't pass it up.

Quote: (04-06-2016 08:10 PM)Dominance Wrote:  

Do you have a link? I found http://patrickarnoldblog.com but the last post is from 2012.

Hey Dominance, you can read more discussions with Patrick Arnold at a couple places:
Prohormone Forum has their own Category dedicated to him @
http://www.prohormoneforum.com/index.html...ck-arnold/

Anabolic Minds has their own Category dedicated to him @
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/advanced-...n-patrick/

Thermolife ha sa Category dedicated to him @
http://www.thermolife.com/forum/f38/

ALSO, you can read his wikipedia page here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Arnold

He was the first person to come out with a Prohormone (androstenedione) <--- this is the one that Mark McGwire got busted for.

He also was the first person to introduce 1-testosterone to the market with 1-AD.

You can check out his supplement companies E-Pharm and Prototype Nutrition. He only sells high quality shit with actual science to back it up, no placebo stuff.

I find Elliott Hulse, Ross Enamait and Kelly Starrett the most reliable voices in this industry.

Speaking of Elliott Hulse, here are his views on women:-

delete

Thanks for all the information guys, will definitively make good use of it. I've been doing Olympic weightlifting for a while now which people also praise increases mobility a lot. I don't see how, but people who have seen me working out make various comments about my good mobility.

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

Hey Dominance, you can read more discussions with Patrick Arnold at a couple places:

Thanks man, i'll have a read.

One workout I can recommend is Big Beyond Belief, the ebook is at http://bigbeyondbelief.com/ i'd share it if I had it, but I actually have the physical book that I brought like 10 years ago.

When I did it back then I put on alot of muscle and i'm in the second last week of it and within about 4 weeks everyone started saying how I was getting alot bigger. It's straight bodybuilding, gives you the bodyparts and reps and you can choose the exercises you want though it gives guidance on what is best. It alternates rest periods and reps and basically goes up to the point of overtraining then it tapers down and that is meant to be where growth occurs. It's pretty effective.

Have a look at reviews on amazon. WTF the book is like $700 there HAHAHA, guess the physical copy isn't sold anymore.

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Beyond-Belief-...1931363765

One warning this workout is HARD.. especially at the start you will be fucked, tired, feel weaker at first until you adjust. But i've got noticably bigger and stronger.

Last time I did it I couldn't finish the whole 12 weeks, this time I had to take a week of inbetween in week 8 and now i'm finishing the last 4 weeks. It's pretty intense.

Off the top of my head:

Glenn Pendlay: Outstanding coach, tremendous teacher. Among the best US WL coaches.

Klokov: International lifter. Olympic medalist. Knows how to teach better than anyone else. Taught me the value of deadlifting for weightlifters.

Pavel: Introduced me to the value of sub-max weights for strength development. If you can buy one book of his, Beyond Bodybuilding is the best by far.

Marty Gallagher: Legendary PL coach. Fantastic writer. His Purposeful Primitive is worth every penny.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

I found the ebook for Big Beyond Belief.

Another warning is I feel pretty fatigued even after a week off in week 9 then continuing. So it's possible the volume is too high, someone told me the creators are on steroids which is why they can do it. That may explain why i've had issues finishing it.

http://uploaded.net/file/djhalt84

Though as I said in the first post it has been pretty effective.

Jeff on the Athlean-X YouTube channel. Looks like a natural, is a physiotherapist and gives a lot of very sound and detailed exercise advice on that basis.
Also occasionally Elliott Hulse, who's also a smart and level headed guy to listen to.

I prefer Chaosandpain.com

This guy can write his ass off and he's jacked as fuck and cool as hell. Most fitness bloggers just rehash the same material and try to get 16 year old boys to buy their supplement lines.

Jamie is on another planet in terms of credentials, subject matter and attitude.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Frank Shamrock's talk on Nutrition and Strength Training from one of his MMA seminars. Makes great points about Genetics vs. developing a personalized training program. In just a few minutes he wraps up every major point. Very functional advice from a pro-fighter......