rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dr House (TV show)

Dr House (TV show)

I did a quick search and didn't come up with anything.

It's by far one of the most subversively redpill shows to grace TV (roughly 8 year run from 2005ish-2013ish)

I highly recommend it if you want some entertaining, but not terribly serious television for 45 minute wrap-up episodes (it's pretty formulaic, and most episodes wrap up cleanly by the end)

The show centers around a neurotic Gregory House who treats patients with excessive distrust, and manipulates his team of doctors with minimal regard (adherence to reality is not a central tenet of the show)- except in the following aspect

The show accurately portrays the relationships between men and women without holding back regarding social norms. Dr House is an asshole who swims in pussy, and his female coworks love/hate him for being so confident. Dr House lives alone and makes his own decisions, being best friends with another doctor, the beta oncologist Wilson. Wilson always insists on being nice, has an (ex) wife who keeps him whipped and gets his balls busted by every girl his frail persona attempts to speak to.

The female characters in the show are given a reasonable amount of screen time, are intelligent and as reasonable as women can be, who was in part the shows success. However, even with a relatively equitable screentime for genders, the writers never push a feminist agenda.

One of the females is Dr Houses boss, who it's revealed slept with him in college. She attempts to rein him in, but fails, because she's slept with him and doesn't truly get over it.

I could go on with the details, but I'd suggest just watching it for yourself. It's not Breaking Bad, but for being an easy going TV fix, it's well worth a members time if you were planning on sitting in front of the screen anyway

Dr House (TV show)

I'm not a big TV person at all, never really got into the Sopranos, never watched Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, and a bunch of other very popular tv shows (maybe I should), but I watched House religiously when it was on, still my favorite TV show even though all episodes were pretty much the same like you said. Someone is ill, no one can figure it out, House walks in and saves the day during the last 5 minutes of the show. Still, I loved the interaction between the misanthropic genius and the other characters. SJWs would be crying in terror if they watched it.

Dr House (TV show)

Dr House was definitely among my favourite TV characters, although I didn't watch I think the last couple of seasons. Like a lot of long running shows it ran out of steam somewhere along the way (and without that lead character it's a type of show I'd almost certainly never have considered watching at all for more than a few episodes).

Dr House (TV show)

I watched the series last spring and thought it was excellent. The character Dr House is one of the all time TV greats and Hugh Laurie is a tremendous actor. The supporting cast was decent and there were always attractive females around. The formula was the same each episode as Teutatis mentioned but it was still entertaining for me.

For those who have already seen House and want to see more of Hugh Laurie, he is in a new miniseries that is airing on BBC right now in the UK and will be coming to the US on AMC in April. It is called The Night Manager, I watched the first episode online and it looked pretty good.

Dr House (TV show)

Thanks for the tip Chauncey! At episode 2 of The Night Manager now. Excellent entertainment for my day off.

Dr House (TV show)

The two part episodes House's Head and Wilson's Heart are among the best TV episodes of all time. Easily top ten; maybe top five.

Dr House (TV show)

[Image: everybody-lies-even-you.png]
[Image: QS_967f2cfd08904f93976276d4639ab9d0.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nv87jj8sEJ1syn4fto1_500.png]
[Image: 66058100-Dr-Gregory-House-quotes.png]
[Image: dr-house-quotes-3.jpg]
[Image: The-eyes-can-mislead-the-smile-can-lie-b...-truth.jpg]
[Image: funny-picture-agree-wrong-house.jpg]
[Image: 8461-House+md+quotes+.png]
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: QS_784aafb1292b499ea259682879fc63bf.jpg]

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread

Dr House (TV show)

Great show. I went through a dark period in my life last year where I distracted myself by watching every episode over a two-week period (it didn't help, but hey, it passed the time).

Like many formula-based television shows (CSI, Law & Order, etc.), the first few seasons are great, but the writers eventually find themselves supplementing the new-problem-of-the-week repetitiveness with soap opera-type drama and on-again-off-again trysts between the characters. You still have a few gems here and there, but (SPOILER ALERT) when the original team breaks up towards season three or four the show just seems to lose some of its luster.

That being said, my favorite episode is The Social Contract, season 5 episode 17. It involves a man with frontal lobe disinhibition, who can't stop himself from saying exactly what's on his mind. Very red pill, quite the episode.

Dr House (TV show)

I sporadically watched episodes in the past but just started binging. This show drops red pill truths everywhere... about male/female relationships, labor/management relationships and the reality of modern healthcare. HL is one of the greatest actors of all time and his character arc is great. I find myself pausing the show and looking up the diseases in question and its obvious they had actual doctors and scientists on site when they made the show.

1. Sopranos
2. Breaking Bad
3. House

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Dr House (TV show)

I liked the first few seasons, and then it got weird. The personal drama of the characters started getting to soap opera levels of strangeness and they were overwhelming the medical cases that were supposed to be the main plot.

Dr House (TV show)

House was a show with maybe the greatest character in the history of TV surrounded by formulaic plots and costars.

House was an especially important character in an age when male characters on the major networks are usually doofuses, pretty boys and/or bland. There were well drawn characters on cable in shows like the Sopranos and Breaking Bad but none of those characters had the combination of brilliance, wit, talent, penetrating humor, and red pill truths that House had.

Of course, TV being TV it didn't learned from house so no immediate flood of characters like him.

Dr House (TV show)

Everyone episode has that one House one-liner that burns into your brain.

Chase: But Cuddy already told us not to do what you're recommending!

House: Well, if you get caught, Cuddy has a hair brush, and believe me, she knows how to use it.

Dr House (TV show)

Only the A-Team had a more predictable story line on every single fracking episode.

Dr House (TV show)

Quote: (03-13-2016 08:39 PM)Sonoma Wrote:  

Dr House lives alone and makes his own decisions, being best friends with another doctor, the beta oncologist Wilson. Wilson always insists on being nice, has an (ex) wife who keeps him whipped and gets his balls busted by every girl his frail persona attempts to speak to.

Great show, I haven't watched it in years but I remember it a bit differently. How on earth is House swimming in pussy? He has sex with one girl in 8 seasons (Cuddy I think?), though in maybe season 4, he had a really hot underage groupie coming onto him who wanted to fuck him, but I don't think he fucked her.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSItwxqROjWsrwsek-ilXM...b3xXK2WJtb]

Wilson seemed to be getting divorced a lot. He was a nice, but weak character, and yeah was always squashed by women it seemed like.

Dr House (TV show)

Here is a better picture.

[Image: leighton-meester-house-42.jpg]

Dr House (TV show)

Quote: (09-15-2016 07:02 PM)eradicator Wrote:  

Quote: (03-13-2016 08:39 PM)Sonoma Wrote:  

Dr House lives alone and makes his own decisions, being best friends with another doctor, the beta oncologist Wilson. Wilson always insists on being nice, has an (ex) wife who keeps him whipped and gets his balls busted by every girl his frail persona attempts to speak to.

Great show, I haven't watched it in years but I remember it a bit differently. How on earth is House swimming in pussy? He has sex with one girl in 8 seasons (Cuddy I think?), though in maybe season 4, he had a really hot underage groupie coming onto him who wanted to fuck him, but I don't think he fucked her.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSItwxqROjWsrwsek-ilXM...b3xXK2WJtb]

Wilson seemed to be getting divorced a lot. He was a nice, but weak character, and yeah was always squashed by women it seemed like.

And IIRCC Cuddy was an insufferable, menopausal cunt.

Dr House (TV show)

I couldn't watch this show for one simple reason: EVERYTHING that comes out of his mouth is over-the-top snark and sarcasm.

Funny the first time...... but that's literally his whole shtick. Fuck that.

Dr House (TV show)

That's the whole point of the show: he is a brilliant doctor that solves difficult cases that no one else can solve, but also an insufferable neurotic personality.

If it was a show about a brilliant doctor who solves cases that no one else can, and he is a very mild mannered person, and just polite to everyone, how watchable would that be?

Dr House (TV show)

Quote: (09-15-2016 06:29 PM)AboveAverageJoe Wrote:  

Only the A-Team had a more predictable story line on every single fracking episode.

Agreed. This show sucks.

If you want a real man show with a similar name watch This Old House with Tom Silva.

The best is when they bring out some object and try to figure out what it is. Its terrific.

Aloha!

Dr House (TV show)

Quote: (09-15-2016 08:04 PM)eradicator Wrote:  

That's the whole point of the show: he is a brilliant doctor that solves difficult cases that no one else can solve, but also an insufferable neurotic personality.

If it was a show about a brilliant doctor who solves cases that no one else can, and he is a very mild mannered person, and just polite to everyone, how watchable would that be?

Doesn't have to be polite, but the snark got old real fast for me. I guess that's why I turn more and more to foreign shows/movies. Way less of that incessant smart-assery.

But hey, to each their own man...

Dr House (TV show)

House is directly based off Sherlock Holmes, and placed in a hospital. The cocaine habit is replaced by vicodin addiction.

You don't get there till you get there

Dr House (TV show)

The show is very predictable and each episode is the same. There isn't really any other way to do a medical show without it just being a soap. I am still on Season 2 though so we'll see how it goes.

Patient has dramatic sudden illness.
House avoids it until he finds it interesting.
Multiple wrong diagnoses/non standard medical procedures.
Solve the case in the last five minutes, everyones happy.

The show is great because of HL's acting, the red pill truths and the accurate use of Differential Diagnosis. The medical aspect is well researched. 9/10.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Dr House (TV show)

House was great. His character's philosophy was something I felt since I was a kid: that disingenuous niceties for the sake of appearance have absolutely no value compared to hard truth-derived results.

Dr House (TV show)

Not surprisingly, a lot of women find him attractive. Michelle Trachtenberg certainly did.

Dr House (TV show)

Dr. House is the only show I've watched from the beginning to the end. I loved the Sherlock Holmes is now a doctor concept, Hugh Lauries acting abilities and being a student of medicine also must have helped.

I believe Hugh Laurie is one of the better actors of our age. At first I did not even know that he was not American because I was too young to know about his first shows with Mr. Bean and you simply cannot hear anything British in his auditioning video.

Besides that he makes good jazz music and I give credit to him for introducing me to such a lovely genre. Been to two of his concerts and the man oozes personality, energy and charisma.

To the subject of House I loved the first 4 Seasons. The scene with the bus crashing at the end of Season 4 still gets me. Damn, such emotions. For me it went downhill from there onwards though as they amped up needless melodrama in order to produce episodes which Dr. House as a show clearly did not need.

See Breaking Bad on how to properly and successfully bring a series to a close. House could have been that, but sadly it was not. And I say that as a fan. The ending was not bad, but having his friend get cancer at the end was just… pulled straight out of the ass in order to produce even more melodrama. Sad.

Ah, well – here is still one of the best scenes produced by TV shows in my opinion.

Romans 8:31 - 'What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?'

My notes.

Mike Cernovich Compilation 2015 | 2016

The Gold from Bold