rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Four Phase Strength Building routine

I've attached my four phase work out plan to this post. I've been using this routine consistently for about two years now with very solid results.

I've plateaued a few times with my bench and squat. I resolved both with doing more conditioning and adding support exercises like the one-armed pushup.

The routine focuses on four compound lifts. The squat, deadlift, bench, and over head press. These are spread over four days. You can use the off day as rest or an HIIT training day.

There are also some support movements included into each day as well.

This routine was inspired by a good friend in New England who introduced me to powerlifting. I owe this doc to him for 95% of its creation.

Here is a link to it stored on a burner G drive account. Make sure to change the weight and minimum weight variables before using it!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Cheers for putting this together. What kind of tempo do you lift with in this routine?

Moderate to fast depending on my energy. The reps you do with the squats are brutal. Mondays suck the most, because squats take so much time to complete. If you don't keep a good pace you'll end up being in the gym for an hour and a half.

I'm probably going to incorporate one handed push ups into this soon. I plateaued on my bench. H1N1 wrote somewhere that one handed push ups will greatly improve bench strength.

Quote: (03-13-2016 02:52 PM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Moderate to fast depending on my energy. The reps you do with the squats are brutal. Mondays suck the most, because squats take so much time to complete. If you don't keep a good pace you'll end up being in the gym for an hour and a half.

I'm probably going to incorporate one handed push ups into this soon. I plateaued on my bench. H1N1 wrote somewhere that one handed push ups will greatly improve bench strength.

H1N1 wrote somewhere that OAPUs had improved his bench strength noticeably, but he is a notoriously poor bench presser with a birdlike chest. They are definitely worth a try, and I suspect as assistance if you are doing bench as your main lift they could kick start your progress again. But really I may have the worst bench press in the entire world, since it is the measure of strength I care least about, and so other people more focused on improving their bench may have better ideas than me in that regard.

Squats and DL on same day can be brutal and is what i do currently, but my 2 month routine is coming to an end now so am looking for a new challenge soon. Been reading most places that a slow(ish) tempo 4-0-2-1 i great for muscle building body composition, so have been slowing down my reps to get that squeeze.

Also what's your view on the clean and press?