rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What Was Your Fork In the Road?

There's a fork in the road in the very near future for me. For you older guys (or younger guys that have lived a lot of life) what was your fork in the road moment in life? How did you decide what path to take, who did you consult, are you happy with said decision?

Who says there's only one?

For me, the huge fork in the road was when I turned 30 years old (15 years ago). I supposedly had done everything "right" before that- bachelors degree, then masters degree, found a job, bought a house with mortgage, average gf's, etc. etc. Although by most standards I was doing ok, I felt like I was living a suffocatingly average and boring life in suburbia, USA.

Then, I was fortunate enough to discover much better opportunities in my field abroad and I jumped at the chance. At that time. it wasn't a common thing to leave the USA for most Americans. I'm so glad I didn't let fear of the unknown stop me, although I prepared carefully for the move.

When I graduated in college and realized that I've been seeing the world with rose tinted glasses, I had issues getting a decent paying job with my useless arts degree after university. I need to make shit happen so I scrounged up some cash and made the move out west.

When I damn near flunked out of college my first semester. I read on some self help for school, I then said fuck and bought some self help for girls since that was a major issue for me as well. This led me to buying Bang and the rest is history.

Growth Over Everything Else.

I woke up one day at 7:30am and had an intense urge not to leave my bed to go to work. I almost thew up thinking about going into work.

Handed in my notice the week after.

When I decided to live at a Thai boxing gym in Northern Thailand for 6 months after college. Fundamentally altered the course of my life. I'm not fighting professionally, though I love training. It was most valuable in terms of life lessons learned.

I dropped out of high school and enlisted a month after I turned 18. I left everything and never looked back. Everyone thought I was crazy but Ive been more successful and lived life more than any of my contemporaries. Bonus: in a few short years when I am still in prime shape I will "retire" and enjoy a great deal of flexibility in lifestyle.

Worked on a graduate degree for 6 years. On my last year I realized I was not happy with what I was doing. After finishing I moved to a completely different industry.

Walking out of a high level executive position to start my own business.

Ending my marriage long ago

The definition of insanity kept playing in my head and I knew I was the living and breathing example of the word.

Best move I could've made

MDP

Finding this forum, forcing myself to read through threads and get input.

Ending things with an LTR who wanted kids and marriage in a few years, which I currently am not ready for or want at the moment.

Deciding to be more selfish with life choices.

There have been and will be many forks in the road. Weigh up the options, make a pros and cons list if you have to and make the best decision you can.

The important thing is not to regret the choices that you make. At the time you made what seemed like the best choice. That's all you can do.

Leaving America for Japan a week after graduating from college. Didn't have any kind of real plan, but the figuring it out part made all the difference. As someone else mentioned, I've done more and seen more of life than most of my peers that never left the US. I don't have the retirement nest-egg that most of them have amassed, but that is the result of other decisions, I think.

"I remember reading an article from the NY Times, where women made significantly more money than their husbands - and one wife was like, "I made 7 figures this year and he stayed home, I'm not sucking his dick" - WIA

At it right now. Where to move next.

A few months ago. I have a good paying job, a good degree, but spending time abroad opened my eyes. I decided I don't want to spend 2/4 of my life working 90 hour weeks so that I can enjoy 1/4 of my life. A few months from now I plan to leave my job and travel for a bit, enjoying life and figuring things out.

Believe it or not when my older sister died of cancer three years ago aged 45. I woke up from sleepwalking some parts of my life.

My mind has always been open to change, but the physical action - along with knowledge needed to be applied. I also ended a relationship with a dangerous woman (that's the best way of describing her and the politest)...alright, if you insist. She turned out to be a cunt.

The way I see it there's always a fork (or "moment of choice")in the road, because in every situation there is an option, a choice and I think the more informed you are the better you identify the moments of choice and make the right choice at the moment according to the foundation you, yourself laid down.

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right,
I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos and memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the while

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

many forks.

I remember sitting in my car after work two years ago. I remember it because it was the same day that MikeCF hosted that meet up in NYC. I didn't want to go because it was an hour away and in another state and I was low on cash at the time and would just barely be cutting it if I went.

I was lifting a lot at the time and my back was destroyed, but I figured I owed it to myself to meet mike and others. I could always do extra hours at work and make up the difference later.

Long story short, I had a great time and met the guys on this forum and they encouraged me to participate more. I was a lurker until that night.

Ene thing led to another and now I'm living abroad and living a life that I'm actually way more in control of than I was a year ago.

I am very thankful that I pushed myself through the fatigue and met you guys who were there.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

For me, it was a lack of social life.

I always thought if had enough money, it would give me the necessary free time to do what I really wanted, In essence, I had sacrifice time for a false future.

The reality of my future, never matured. I was chasing a fake corporate and IKEA life.

Yeah, I had an MBA and made six figures, but it included 60 hours of boring ass work with a lot of feminist and white knights. It made me sick just to talk to these people at work and to watch real men kiss average white chick ass, just to stay out of trouble.

There was so many complaints, by female staff member about me, the funny thing is, I don't even work with them, because I wouldn't pay any attention to the women staff. It was full retard mode.

On top of that I was reduce to dating strippers. Though it was nice at first, but you have to ask yourself, why are you only dating strippers? Especially, you can never tell anyone, that your girlfriend is a stripper.

Its because that is your only option, or the ones-only interested in being with you. If your dating strippers, there something wrong with your environment.

That scenario was a personal low for me, especially for someone who has an MBA.

So I went abroad, and found a much better girlfriend. The End.

If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of.
– Bruce Lee

One must give value, but one must profit from it too, life is about balance

10 years ago I was overweight, had dropped out of school, blamed my parents for being split between two countries. I was introverted, nasty, insomniac and had absolutely no self esteem.

Woke up to myself, went back to school finished uni and eventually forged a pretty unspectacular corporate career. About a year ago, bought into and took over the day to day operations of my family's business.

Next fork in the road is getting my health on point. Getting my weight down to a low bodyfat %, rebuilding and then cutting the bad shit like caffeine, sugar and processed foods out of my diet.

I'm one of the "older" ones as you say Dads. There have been a quite a few forks but two main ones. Changing career and ending a marriage.
With the first I was in a fairly high paid job. This involved gaining the upper hand in deals by being dishonest. Some might say that's just business. I'm no pussy and sacked more contractors than anyone else but tried to treat people fair. Was tough on arseholes and tried to do the right thing by good people.
I just woke up one day and said f that and made an exit plan. Earned half of the money as self employed for a few years but 15 years later only wish I'd done it earlier. When you have kids / mortgage making the decision to reduce your income is a lot harder than if you're single and care free.
The second was ending a long term (20 year) marriage. About half way in I knew I had to get out but tried to stick it out for the kids. Just ticking along surviving.
This is one of those situations where you get to chose from two tough options (stay or leave).
I was just beta as hell although I didn't know it. Anyway one day after getting abused once again I made up my mind f the stuff I'll have to deal with, I'm off.
Re your questions "who did I consult" - no one. "are you happy with your decision" Absolutely yes. It is the hardest thing I have every done and it has caused me to have to deal with all sorts of negative stuff, not the least of which is financial. Again in hindsight I should of done it sooner but don't have a regret for not doing so.
My life (apart from money) is way better, I've got my self esteem / mojo back, have a great LTR (the number of available women my age is incredible, the absolute opposite of what young guys have to deal with) so yes happy with taking the fork.

Quote: (04-15-2016 12:36 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

many forks.

I remember sitting in my car after work two years ago. I remember it because it was the same day that MikeCF hosted that meet up in NYC. I didn't want to go because it was an hour away and in another state and I was low on cash at the time and would just barely be cutting it if I went.

I was lifting a lot at the time and my back was destroyed, but I figured I owed it to myself to meet mike and others. I could always do extra hours at work and make up the difference later.

Long story short, I had a great time and met the guys on this forum and they encouraged me to participate more. I was a lurker until that night.

Ene thing led to another and now I'm living abroad and living a life that I'm actually way more in control of than I was a year ago.

I am very thankful that I pushed myself through the fatigue and met you guys who were there.

This is eerily similiar to what I'm going through right now.

I'm self employed, things haven't gone great recently and now I'm completely broke and starting again and rethinking things, so spending money on a trains and drinks at a meetup is something I can barely even afford right now.

Not only that, but I did 150 pullups two days ago and 100 chinups yesterday. My back is absolutely killing me. But thanks to your post I've got a burst of positive energy about this now, which is good because I have to leave for it in half an hour...

"Especially Roosh offers really good perspectives. But like MW said, at the end of the day, is he one of us?"

- Reciproke, posted on the Roosh V Forum.

Quote: (03-06-2016 09:24 AM)VincentVinturi Wrote:  

Who says there's only one?

Indeed. You might have several forks in your life. My life is well forked..

Quote: (04-15-2016 11:39 PM)Matt Warner Wrote:  

My life (apart from money) is way better, I've got my self esteem / mojo back, have a great LTR (the number of available women my age is incredible, the absolute opposite of what young guys have to deal with) so yes happy with taking the fork.

Hey man can you clarify this bit? Do you mean "women your age", i.e. same age as you? or do you mean women of various ages, available to you at your age.

If the latter, why exactly is it incredible, and the opposite of what young guys deal with? How did you find yourself in that sweet spot?

Cheers!

Quote: (04-16-2016 05:27 PM)RichieP Wrote:  

Quote: (04-15-2016 11:39 PM)Matt Warner Wrote:  

Hey man can you clarify this bit? Do you mean "women your age", i.e. same age as you? or do you mean women of various ages, available to you at your age.

If the latter, why exactly is it incredible, and the opposite of what young guys deal with? How did you find yourself in that sweet spot?

Cheers!
Na I was referring to women my age. And I'm quoting the statistics not making it up. I'd say from 5 years younger on (45+). In my age bracket here there are two available men for every three women, when you take dickheads and loser men out it's two to one in a guys favour. I live in a big city (Australia) so have no idea re small places.

If you are just a normal sort of guy with his act together and don't piss around with the weird ones there are a few real jems. My partner is quite well off, loves a root and is fun to be around.
Just don't rush in, most are just not worth the hassle and your better off single.
Don't be an arsehole but this red pill stuff works. Some women bitch and moan about how it is, I don't care things are in their favour early on ours later just how it is.