rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Thoughts on Spain

Thoughts on Spain

I know there are several threads about Spain so sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place.

I am American-born but my background is Catalan so long ago I decided to leave the US since living in Spain is much much easier in almost every respect when compared to all the bs you have to put up with in the US. I teach on my own time here and hardly work more than 20 hours a week.

If you read this thread:

http://www.rooshv.com/do-american-guys-h...-the-world

it is for the most part 100% true. Here are some of my thoughts about the people here:

Women: do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT come here if you are looking for women and easy day game. As almost everyone else has posted, that just doesn't really happen here and it's not worth the time or effort.

There is a LOT of FEMINISM and women are overly protected here by local and national laws. There is no due process for men. Plus, physically, depends what you like...but Spanish women as a whole aren't the best looking in my opinion. I tend to like lighter women so Catalan women are usually very light and it's not unusual to find light or even blond hair and blue eyes around Barcelona (not Barcelona the city, but you have to go to the rural areas where the REAL Catalans live). Women here are more open minded when compared to Madrid or pretty much anything that is not Mediterranean in Spain. The best regions are all along the Eastern/Mediterranean coast.

About the men: BETAS or even less. I am usually quite shocked at how easy it is to intimidate people here or for them to interpret that what you are saying is "too strong". American men for the most part are much more confident in their opinions, aren't nearly as timid as most Spanish men and here it is still seen as creepy to talk to people you don't know.

Women in Spain are typically tougher than the men: louder, much more self-interested and they are much more aggressive in a general sense. It is not really an accident that most Spanish men swarm around foreign women from the North of Europe or USA or Latin America. These women are much easier to talk to, don't have as much attitude (I know people say American women have a lot of attitude problems but people who say that don't know Spaniard women).

Political incorrectness: That really depends. Yes, people here aren't as self-conscious about some "bad words" like in the US, but that doesn't mean that it's not a politically correct society. Any criticism of gays or women here will quickly get you verbally shot down or shunned by most people under 50.

As far as styles go, a LOT of women here have tattoos and are fully "westernized". Don't come here for the jobs...there are none and the only reason I work here is independently and because I have a trade that nobody here really dominates and yet everyone needs: English and Math.

You will hardly ever see anybody doing anything alone and going to a bar by yourself (except if you're talking about Barcelona) is seen as odd or something for alcoholic losers...and a woman? NEVER will you see a girl sitting by herself in ANY PUBLIC space...except maybe during the work week just when they are having coffee or something, but always with friends or family close by.

All in all, as others have said: come here for the lifestyle...everything about living here is better than in the US. Better prices for food, lower cost of living, and if you are an "alpha" type, you can eat them alive. Most Spaniards are very similar to each other in mentality so anything different will stand out and depending on your game, may be quite impressive.

Anyway these are unorganized thoughts but that's the general sense I have after living so many years here. I would never go back to living in the US...although its funny to see how despite the fact that I am 100% trilingual, most Spanish see me as a "Americano", Americans see me as a European and I really don't have a country.

I've always wondered how others perceive me. Being the son of Catalans...it is more common for Americans or Brits to talk about background or ethnicity, whereas in Spain that is almost unheard of. If you are born in the US, they will call you "Americano" no matter what and they don't care about your background. Americans on the other hand are much more obsessed with ethnicity and hyphenate identities.

Thoughts on Spain

Welcome to the forum.
Useful post.
Might belong in an existing thread though.
Also likely belongs in the Travel section.

Thoughts on Spain

Oh and I totally agree with the people here who say GET OUT of the rat race. That's why I left the corporate world and when I look around and see so many men in the 9 to 5/6 grind it is pitiful. If you are a truly free man, you shouldn't be working in an office unless that office is YOURS.

Thoughts on Spain

Quote: (03-05-2016 06:00 AM)262 Wrote:  

Welcome to the forum.
Useful post.
Might belong in an existing thread though.
Also likely belongs in the Travel section.

Thanks.

Thoughts on Spain

Have a mod move this to the travel section. Good post and concur on many of the point.

Thoughts on Spain

Yes, if any mod can move it to the travel section, please do.

Thoughts on Spain

Sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with some things, even though I like parts of your post.

I also live in Spain (Seville) currently, and have spent 4 years here.

The women are great. There is a big variety too, from dark haired Andalusians to ginger Galicians, and everything in between.

They are not as overtly sexual or slutty as in Venezuela, but they have decent sexual energy.

Honestly, things here aren't that much different than in other places.

The smaller the city or more rural the area, the more important a role social circle has, and the more unusual it would be to randomly approach a girl.

But in a big city like Seville or one of the major cities like Madrid or Barcelona, there are endless opportunities to day game.

As for the supposed "feminism" of Spanish society, I think it is hugely overblown, and not something I have ever personally noticed or been affected by. They do make a big deal every time a woman is killed by her boyfriend or husband, and keep a running count of how many such murders there are per year.

If you want to do well in Spain, don't dress like a slob, have at least a conversational level of Spanish, make use of Tinder/Badoo, and take it from there.

Just don't cockblock yourself with bad logistics or negative game, and you will do fine.

While Spain isn't a place to pad your notch count with crazy numbers, I've never felt it was a dry or difficult place to get laid in.

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

Thoughts on Spain

Quote: (03-05-2016 11:04 AM)VolandoVengoVolandoVoy Wrote:  

Sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with some things, even though I like parts of your post.

I also live in Spain (Seville) currently, and have spent 4 years here.

The women are great. There is a big variety too, from dark haired Andalusians to ginger Galicians, and everything in between.

They are not as overtly sexual or slutty as in Venezuela, but they have decent sexual energy.

Honestly, things here aren't that much different than in other places.

The smaller the city or more rural the area, the more important a role social circle has, and the more unusual it would be to randomly approach a girl.

But in a big city like Seville or one of the major cities like Madrid or Barcelona, there are endless opportunities to day game.

As for the supposed "feminism" of Spanish society, I think it is hugely overblown, and not something I have ever personally noticed or been affected by. They do make a big deal every time a woman is killed by her boyfriend or husband, and keep a running count of how many such murders there are per year.

If you want to do well in Spain, don't dress like a slob, have at least a conversational level of Spanish, make use of Tinder/Badoo, and take it from there.

Just don't cockblock yourself with bad logistics or negative game, and you will do fine.

While Spain isn't a place to pad your notch count with crazy numbers, I've never felt it was a dry or difficult place to get laid in.

I don't know where you are from but remember that if you look like a "guiri" then girls will be much more open to you in comparison than when you look more "local" (As is my case). I look NOTHING like a "typical" American or Brit (in terms of dress and the way I carry myself). So that could influence your experiences.

You say that in big cities there are endless opportunities to day game and I'm not saying there aren't, but to say endless is a bit exaggerated. Just look at th general consensus, not just my own words. Madrid is NOT A FRIENDLY city to day game...although I won't say it is impossible. Barcelona? Yeah, mainly with foreign women. NOT Spanish and definitely not Catalan locals...if you manage to find a true Catalan living in Barcelona.

Feminism: Ok, it's not US or British style but it is most certainly there. Even the most modern American girl has no problem generally if her boyfriend asks her to make something for dinner once in a while, whereas in Spain you will almost always hear no end of it and the nagging is constant. Even some of the "left wing" American women I know say the same thing about how Spanish women nag their husbands or boyfriends. Sevilla is much more traditional, granted, but you need to see Spanish women in action in Madrid. Trust me, it's not a pretty sight and every time you say something even remotely politically incorrect they will get defensive. That and as you say, they make a BIG BIG DEAL every single time a woman is killed by her husband or boyfriend. I am willing to bet that there is much more domestic violence in the US or the UK , but you never hear on American media a total count and they do not always assume the worst as they do here. Also, no US media keeps a running count on that sort of thing. The US is a much better place when it comes to normal relations between men and women than Spain. Also, do you know how the child custody laws work in Spain? Even the US seems like a 1950s paradise compared to here when it comes to that issue.

I agree with the use of Badoo/Tinder...but don't dress like a slob? Spanish men dress like slobs at least in Madrid and Barcelona...definitely not "stylish" like Italian men or even the French. Maybe Sevilla is a bit more formal...

I don't think Spain is difficult to get laid in...if you look at all the foreign women. I am just saying that for SPANISH women...it isn't worth so much effort. Most men I know prefer foreign women because they don't have to put up with all the feminist bs and all the nagging. Eastern Europeans are favorites, as well as Swedes, Norwegian...or the smiling and ever complacent Latin American women.

Maybe you have just been lucky but the general consensus is that Spain is horrible for day or even night game with LOCAL women.

Thoughts on Spain

Baldrich I sent you a PM!

Thoughts on Spain

The best way to meet Spanish girls is through social circle. Many students live with their parents, so the few girls that are DTF are usually a bit older (23-30 years old). I think nagging may be somewhat common, but it's not too hard to find girls who are relationship material. I did a post about this recently in another thread: thread-53905...pid1229634

Quote:Quote:

I'm Spanish and frankly, there's way more feminazis among your average group of students in the UK than in Spain (not to mention girls with short/blue hair etc). It is true that things might be getting a bit worse now with the far left gaining support (Podemos party). They are trying to push their gender ideology into the mainstream but currently things are better than in Northern/Western Europe. Generally speaking, Spain has practically no pc culture like in the UK/US and your average girl has more gf potential than in the anglosphere. The main reason prostitution is so common is because a lot of guys have no game and girls generally don't put out easily - outside of Madrid and Barcelona there's very little hookup culture and ONS among locals (many students live with their parents). For the most part, your average spanish guy will spend many months of little or no sex in between serious girlfriends so it's basically either a monogamous relationship or nothing. Finally, I disagree when people say that "Spain or Portugal are bad countries for men" etc. Mediterranean countries have great cultures and lifestyles and it's easy to live a more relaxed life where you are not constantly thinking about chasing new pussy.

Feminism is very present in our institutions but you don't see SJW's parroting gender ideology bullshit as frequently as in the UK for example (the level of adoctrination among students is very high in England). Overall, Spanish girls are more westernized than in Latin America but I think it's way better than in the Anglosphere. Personally, I think it's only some posh, entitled girls who may come of as "aggressive" sometimes, but they are in the minority. You do make a good point about most Spaniards being very similar in our mentality. We generally have low risk tolerance and prefer stable, boring lives. It's quite easy to stand out as being a bit "adventurous" and crazy by doing things that wouldn't be considered that weird in other places (e.g travelling a lot, speaking many languages, starting conversations with strangers, not caring about other people's opinion...etc)

Тот, кто не рискует, тот не пьет шампанского

Thoughts on Spain

Considering the universal opinion that Spanish women are not slutty, this makes me more intrigued.

Lots of easy sex with sluts is much easier to find in many places than chaste girls who do not give it up to anyone who gives it a try. Living on the Mediterranean is a dream for many, Spanish food is wonderful, so it is naturally appealing.

For those who have LTRs in Spain, how is it? Can you compare Spanish girls to Latin American girls?

Would you consider Spanish girls feminine and traditional enough to make Spain a good all-around choice for someone who speaks Spanish and wants a traditional life and actually wants a traditional family?

What about Northern Spain, Galicia, or El Pais Vasco?

Thoughts on Spain

Quote: (03-06-2016 12:54 PM)Luisaceo Wrote:  

The best way to meet Spanish girls is through social circle. Many students live with their parents, so the few girls that are DTF are usually a bit older (23-30 years old). I think nagging may be somewhat common, but it's not too hard to find girls who are relationship material. I did a post about this recently in another thread: thread-53905...pid1229634

Quote:Quote:

I'm Spanish and frankly, there's way more feminazis among your average group of students in the UK than in Spain (not to mention girls with short/blue hair etc). It is true that things might be getting a bit worse now with the far left gaining support (Podemos party). They are trying to push their gender ideology into the mainstream but currently things are better than in Northern/Western Europe. Generally speaking, Spain has practically no pc culture like in the UK/US and your average girl has more gf potential than in the anglosphere. The main reason prostitution is so common is because a lot of guys have no game and girls generally don't put out easily - outside of Madrid and Barcelona there's very little hookup culture and ONS among locals (many students live with their parents). For the most part, your average spanish guy will spend many months of little or no sex in between serious girlfriends so it's basically either a monogamous relationship or nothing. Finally, I disagree when people say that "Spain or Portugal are bad countries for men" etc. Mediterranean countries have great cultures and lifestyles and it's easy to live a more relaxed life where you are not constantly thinking about chasing new pussy.

Feminism is very present in our institutions but you don't see SJW's parroting gender ideology bullshit as frequently as in the UK for example (the level of adoctrination among students is very high in England). Overall, Spanish girls are more westernized than in Latin America but I think it's way better than in the Anglosphere. Personally, I think it's only some posh, entitled girls who may come of as "aggressive" sometimes, but they are in the minority. You do make a good point about most Spaniards being very similar in our mentality. We generally have low risk tolerance and prefer stable, boring lives. It's quite easy to stand out as being a bit "adventurous" and crazy by doing things that wouldn't be considered that weird in other places (e.g travelling a lot, speaking many languages, starting conversations with strangers, not caring about other people's opinion...etc)

Yep -- I totally agree that you don't see SJW's parroting it as much (but I don't think that's necessarily a compliment on Spain but rather they don't really fight for much of anything). If you even get really deep into a debate here (there is really no strong debate culture) people think you are being either angry or try to change the subject. At a surface level they don't usually deal with anything too deep and for most it becomes uncomfortable.

I loved this line because I agree 100%:

"We generally have low risk tolerance and prefer stable, boring lives. It's quite easy to stand out as being a bit "adventurous" and crazy by doing things that wouldn't be considered that weird in other places (e.g travelling a lot, speaking many languages, starting conversations with strangers, not caring about other people's opinion...etc)"

THIS. That's how most people know I wasn't born here...because I speak like a "native" and don't stand out like a "guiri" but when they look at my life story, which isn't too remarkable in a place like the USA or the UK, the people find it either fascinating or just plain "risky" or they just don't understand it. One question I used to get a lot in Madrid was this:

"When are you planning on returning to the US"? And me: Err....never...not to live anyway. In order for me to live in the USA I would have to get a much much better deal than what I currently get living here. Catalans on the other hand tend to travel a bit more than most other Spaniards. But they would be really surprised in many parts of Spain that I am an independent man. They're not used to that.

Thoughts on Spain

Quote: (03-06-2016 01:40 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

Considering the universal opinion that Spanish women are not slutty, this makes me more intrigued.

Lots of easy sex with sluts is much easier to find in many places than chaste girls who do not give it up to anyone who gives it a try. Living on the Mediterranean is a dream for many, Spanish food is wonderful, so it is naturally appealing.

For those who have LTRs in Spain, how is it? Can you compare Spanish girls to Latin American girls?

Would you consider Spanish girls feminine and traditional enough to make Spain a good all-around choice for someone who speaks Spanish and wants a traditional life and actually wants a traditional family?

I wouldn't consider Spain "traditional" AT ALL when it comes to LTRs...if by "traditional" you mean old school classical gender roles, etc. El Pais Vasco? Nobody screws up there...that's the stereotype but it isn't too far removed from the truth.

Thoughts on Spain

I've never been to Spain, but I once had a roomate from the Catalan area. His wife (gf at the time) would often stay at the apartment.

My impression was they were very "proud" to be Catalan and not Spanish, so I do think they differentiate themselves from the rest of Spain/Europe.

Also, his girlfriend was extremely feminine, sweet as pie, cooked, cleaned, the whole nine yards. He was not a Beta in the relationship from what I saw. Now perhaps she was simply the adorer and that's why he always had hand. They are in their 40's now so maybe it's a generational thing also.

Great people, I really should go visit them and see what Barcelona is all about.

Thoughts on Spain

Quote: (03-06-2016 02:03 PM)Onto Wrote:  

I've never been to Spain, but I once had a roomate from the Catalan area. His wife (gf at the time) would often stay at the apartment.

My impression was they were very "proud" to be Catalan and not Spanish, so I do think they differentiate themselves from the rest of Spain/Europe.

Also, his girlfriend was extremely feminine, sweet as pie, cooked, cleaned, the whole nine yards. He was not a Beta in the relationship from what I saw. Now perhaps she was simply the adorer and that's why he always had hand. They are in their 40's now so maybe it's a generational thing also.

Great people, I really should go visit them and see what Barcelona is all about.

Yes, in general Catalans are very proud of their culture and in many ways it IS different from the "general Spain" culture but that's another story. It is becoming more and more a generational thing of course. I will say this: most "alphas" you will meet in Spain are generally from the Catalan areas...with a smattering of Northerners (Galicia, etc) once in a while. Most of the corporations and financial world are Catalan here and then you get another type of "alpha" which are the people born into money in Madrid area...and they are usually in some government positions. But for the most part, as luisaceo said, this is a very much "low risk" country. People don't generally take risks or think outside the box.

Thoughts on Spain

Quote: (03-06-2016 01:55 PM)Baldrich Wrote:  

I wouldn't consider Spain "traditional" AT ALL when it comes to LTRs...if by "traditional" you mean old school classical gender roles, etc. El Pais Vasco? Nobody screws up there...that's the stereotype but it isn't too far removed from the truth.

I disagree with this. A lot of my friends from Spain are on LTRs and are quite happy. I posted somewhere else that in Spain many guys have little or no sex outside of relationships and if you know where to look, it's possible to meet girls who don't usually sleep around. I just think that in order to land a good gf, you'd have to spend a lot of time in Spain, make a few good friends and have a decent social circle. This being said, my experience comes from Valencia and I imagine that girls are probably more DTF and less relationship oriented in Barcelona or Madrid.

@Sonsowey how old are you? I remember another guy on the forum (an American) wrote something about it being really hard for foreigners in Spain to make local friends unless you are young, even if you speak fluent Spanish. For girls, I'd say the main problem is that most good girls are taken by the time they hit 25-28 and you don't often see large age differences (e.g more than 8 years) like in Eastern Europe. Baldrich is right about the Basque country. It has a reputation among Spaniards for being a horrible place for meeting women. I don't have any first hand experience, but I'd assume girls over there are very hard to meet through cold approaching. For gf/wife hunting I'd recommend a 2nd tier city like Valencia or maybe Sevilla. The few Andalusian girls I've met have mostly been very sweet and relationship minded, so southern Spain might be more suited but, again you would probably need to have friends, connections or at least some status to meet top girls. I'm sure VolandoVengoVolandoVoy can chime in on this as he knows Spain really well and how it is for an American guy.

As for differences between Spanish girls and Latin American girls (of which there's also a lot in Spain) I've found that L. Am girls are more affectionate (specially early on) and more traditional (but at the same time can also be more sexual). Also, from what I understand, it's easier to date younger with latinas than with spanish girls.

Thoughts on Spain

Quote: (03-06-2016 02:33 PM)Luisaceo Wrote:  

Quote: (03-06-2016 01:55 PM)Baldrich Wrote:  

I disagree with this. A lot of my friends from Spain are on LTRs and are quite happy. I posted somewhere else that in Spain many guys have little or no sex outside of relationships and if you know where to look, it's possible to meet girls who don't usually sleep around. I just think that in order to land a good gf, you'd have to spend a lot of time in Spain, make a few good friends and have a decent social circle. This being said, my experience comes from Valencia and I imagine that girls are probably more DTF and less relationship oriented in Barcelona or Madrid.

@Sonsowey how old are you? I remember another guy on the forum (an American) wrote something about it being really hard for foreigners in Spain to make local friends unless you are young, even if you speak fluent Spanish. For girls, I'd say the main problem is that most good girls are taken by the time they hit 25-28 and you don't often see large age differences (e.g more than 8 years) like in Eastern Europe. Baldrich is right about the Basque country. It has a reputation among Spaniards for being a horrible place for meeting women. I don't have any first hand experience, but I'd assume girls over there are very hard to meet through cold approaching. For gf/wife hunting I'd recommend a 2nd tier city like Valencia or maybe Sevilla. The few Andalusian girls I've met have mostly been very sweet and relationship minded, so southern Spain might be more suited but, again you would probably need to have friends, connections or at least some status to meet top girls. I'm sure VolandoVengoVolandoVoy can chime in on this as he knows Spain really well and how it is for an American guy.

As for differences between Spanish girls and Latin American girls (of which there's also a lot in Spain) I've found that L. Am girls are more affectionate (specially early on) and more traditional (but at the same time can also be more sexual). Also, from what I understand, it's easier to date younger with latinas than with spanish girls.

I am in Valencia now and I LOVE this city...in fact I would only ever live in either Barcelona or Valencia...I hated Madrid and Sevilla...and the north in general as well. I have always found Valencian women more open minded in some ways...but I agree that social circle ALWAYS helps in Spain generally.

Also, what you say about L.American girls is true -- they are more traditional, don't mind the traditional gender roles or don't complain nearly so often about it and are not always on the defensive. However, (this is just a personal opinion) I don't like latinas in Spain...because I'm not attracted to the "Andean" look. A lot of them are very short and chubby or just have unattractive features generally.

Thoughts on Spain

Quote: (03-06-2016 02:46 PM)Baldrich Wrote:  

Also, what you say about L.American girls is true -- they are more traditional, don't mind the traditional gender roles or don't complain nearly so often about it and are not always on the defensive. However, (this is just a personal opinion) I don't like latinas in Spain...because I'm not attracted to the "Andean" look. A lot of them are very short and chubby or just have unattractive features generally.

Yeah, those are probably Bolivians or Ecuadorians. There's also a lot of Colombians in Spain which are usually more attractive as they are mixed race and not fully "Andean".

Thoughts on Spain

I travel 4-5 times to Madrid (business purpose) per year and each time I go there, I can feel the significant drop in terms of quality -coming from Poland-.
Spanish girls are usually short and the level of fattiness is quiet high.
However, I still like the way they dress and their dark features.

But there is one thing that I really cannot stand with spanish girls and it's a big turn off : their voice. They have a very masculine and deep/loud voice, it's awful. Especially when they are a bit drunk and they start to speak loudly, it sounds terrible.

Madrid still worth the visit for the city itself, the weather (it was 18 degrees last week and blue sky), way of life and food.

Thoughts on Spain

Quote: (03-06-2016 03:13 PM)zuma Wrote:  

I travel 4-5 times to Madrid (business purpose) per year and each time I go there, I can feel the significant drop in terms of quality -coming from Poland-.
Spanish girls are usually short and the level of fattiness is quiet high.
However, I still like the way they dress and their dark features.

But there is one thing that I really cannot stand with spanish girls and it's a big turn off : their voice. They have a very masculine and deep/loud voice, it's awful. Especially when they are a bit drunk and they start to speak loudly, it sounds terrible.

Madrid still worth the visit for the city itself, the weather (it was 18 degrees last week and blue sky), way of life and food.

Madrid weather is great (for Northern European standards) but Barcelona and Valencia are way better even in weather! Last week Valencia was in the low to mid 20s...and it almost never rains here...sunny skies almost all winter. I have yet to wear a real coat in Barcelona or Valencia whereas in Madrid there are several days you feel like wearing a coat.

I agree with what you say about Madrid when it comes to the women. I've traveled all throughout Spain and out of the bigger cities, the Madrileñas are the least impressive. And that thing about their voice IS TRUE!

Thoughts on Spain

Most sex tourists in EE and FSU and from Spain, Italy or Turkey. That tells me everything I need to know.

Thoughts on Spain

Since my experience is mostly in Madrid, I will focus there. Day and night game are very difficult because as previously mentioned girls are seldom alone. I recently spent three weeks in Madrid. While my girlfriend was working, I cruised around. I saw almost 0 women alone during the day. The one exception was on the Metro. A few times I started casual conversations with women on the Metro. Almost immediately the women warmed up and gave me IOIs.

As other posters have mentioned social circle game works the best in Spain. Night game can be done but I would say a wing-man is almost a necessity.

I've spent a total of about 4 months in Spain spread out over my teens, 20s and now 40s. I'm not sure if Spanish women like my look/vibe (I am tall and athletic) or if I have just been lucky, but Spain has always produced beautiful women for me. If you have the right look/ exotic factor and can Isolate a Spanish woman, she can be great.

Thoughts on Spain

Quote: (03-06-2016 11:21 PM)Robert Plant Wrote:  

Since my experience is mostly in Madrid, I will focus there. Day and night game are very difficult because as previously mentioned girls are seldom alone. I recently spent three weeks in Madrid. While my girlfriend was working, I cruised around. I saw almost 0 women alone during the day. The one exception was on the Metro. A few times I started casual conversations with women on the Metro. Almost immediately the women warmed up and gave me IOIs.

As other posters have mentioned social circle game works the best in Spain. Night game can be done but I would say a wing-man is almost a necessity.

I've spent a total of about 4 months in Spain spread out over my teens, 20s and now 40s. I'm not sure if Spanish women like my look/vibe (I am tall and athletic) or if I have just been lucky, but Spain has always produced beautiful women for me. If you have the right look/ exotic factor and can Isolate a Spanish woman, she can be great.

Yes, exactly...at night...unless you're some kind of superstar profile type, you WILL MOST DEFINITELY need a wing-man...since a guy by himself in a Spanish bar will usually be marked as a loser (and usually in the case of Spain that's true).

Spanish women will probably like you a bit more if you look a bit different from the norm, physical wise.

Thoughts on Spain

Quote: (03-06-2016 01:54 PM)Baldrich Wrote:  

Yep -- I totally agree that you don't see SJW's parroting it as much (but I don't think that's necessarily a compliment on Spain but rather they don't really fight for much of anything). If you even get really deep into a debate here (there is really no strong debate culture) people think you are being either angry or try to change the subject. At a surface level they don't usually deal with anything too deep and for most it becomes uncomfortable.

I loved this line because I agree 100%:

"We generally have low risk tolerance and prefer stable, boring lives. It's quite easy to stand out as being a bit "adventurous" and crazy by doing things that wouldn't be considered that weird in other places (e.g travelling a lot, speaking many languages, starting conversations with strangers, not caring about other people's opinion...etc)"

THIS. That's how most people know I wasn't born here...because I speak like a "native" and don't stand out like a "guiri" but when they look at my life story, which isn't too remarkable in a place like the USA or the UK, the people find it either fascinating or just plain "risky" or they just don't understand it. One question I used to get a lot in Madrid was this:

"When are you planning on returning to the US"? And me: Err....never...not to live anyway. In order for me to live in the USA I would have to get a much much better deal than what I currently get living here. Catalans on the other hand tend to travel a bit more than most other Spaniards. But they would be really surprised in many parts of Spain that I am an independent man. They're not used to that.

I second this, I've often noticed this sort of sentiment against independence or success. It can be subtle, but it's a block between the two of you and prevents them from seeing you as one of them. Part of this is due to strong family and cultural ties in Spain, but if you've been abroad for any length of time that's going to define you forever and make it harder to become a part of that social circle.

It's surprising to me when it comes from cosmopolitan Barcelonins who have come from all over Spain and have way less of those connections, other than the hardcore Catalan nationalists of course who are always going to view you as an outsider. Not too many of those in Barcelona really, but head out in the country to Vic or somewhere and enjoy the craziness. A British friend of mine, who's been in Barcelona for years, ex-wife berated him because their daughter talked to him in Spanish on the phone. It's not feminism but still not an ideal foundation for a healthy marriage.

Galicia is great for more traditional women, but far from perfect. It would be time consuming trying to find women:

Demographics aren't in your favor - older population, net migration out of Galicia, population is very spread out
Feminism and leftism increasing as the population becomes more urban
Relatively few immigrants, which is fine if you're goal is Spanish women
Harder to break into social scene - people don't move around much and have the same social groups for many years

Vigo and A Coruña are population 300,000 each with big universities. There are many second tier cities with more traditional values and connection to the land. It depends what you're looking for.

I've visited other parts of Spain but have only lived in those two

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.

A true friend is the most precious of all possessions and the one we take the least thought about acquiring.

Thoughts on Spain

Spain is a beautiful country