rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Forum Server Move on July 15 - Important Notice

About 70% of you have been having problems loading the forum. I've decided to move it over to the VPS account that hosts my blog. The move will start on Friday morning (July 15) and last until Monday (July 18). During that time...

1. New registrations will be disabled.

2. The forum will be read-only. You can read existing threads but you can't reply or start new threads.

3. Private messages will stay on, but if you send messages during the move, they will be lost forever once the move is complete. For example, if you send a private message on Saturday from the old server, but the recipient doesn't check the forum until Monday (after the move), he will not know you sent him that message. I recommend you not send any private messages while the move is in progress.

There will be a notice at the top of the forum letting you know the move is taking place. I expect everything to be up and running for most of you by Monday evening (July 18). I will have everything backed up so I don't anticipate any catastrophic problems.

This move is inconvenient but inevitable since the forum is outgrowing its shared plan (there were 527,970 page views in June alone).

Congrats on the move

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

"there were 527,970 page views in June alone"

Nice work Roosh.

Quote: (07-14-2011 02:43 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

The forum is blazing now, isn't it?

Day before the move I was skeptical that it would solve the problem, so I started tinkering with the settings. I disabled GZip compression and voila, the problem has stopped on my end. Is anyone still experiencing the loading issue?

I'm going ahead with the server move. Better to do it now than wait for my host to suspend the account when it goes over resource limits.

It definitely blazed for a few minutes but, right now as I speak, I'm having to hit reload on the "Girls" board a few times to get it to refresh.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Yeah that's why I deleted my post... it got slow again.

Hopefully the move fixes it.

The move is complete. Everything should be working fine. If you see an errors then let me know.

Quote:Quote:

1. New registrations will be disabled.

2. The forum will be read-only. You can read existing threads but you can't reply or start new threads.

3. Private messages will stay on, but if you send messages during the move, they will be lost forever once the move is complete. For example, if you send a private message on Saturday from the old server, but the recipient doesn't check the forum until Monday (after the move), he will not know you sent him that message. I recommend you not send any private messages while the move is in progress.

Does any of this still apply?

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

If you can read this then you're on the new server. You can post, register, send PMs safely, etc.

Quote: (07-15-2011 09:22 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

The move is complete. Everything should be working fine. If you see an errors then let me know.

Smooth as silk. Makes me want to post like mad.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Forum seems butter smooth from the topless beaches of northern Spain.

Yup no issues on my end either. The move was a great success..

[Image: banana.gif]

The forum is so fast I just like clicking around to experience the speed.

"Edit Profile / Addition Info About User" is now drop-down selection only. Not very creative. Any chance of bringing back the Bio section in free writing, in addition to the drop-down selections?

Why? So you can troll some more?

Exactly. I need every tidbit of space for my devious propaganda.

I liked the free-form. I was wondering why it was left out.