rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The dog Thread!

The dog Thread!

I havent found any other threads about it so I figured I'd start one!

Are you fond of canis familiaris or other canid variants (wolfhounds,wolves,coyotes.etc)
Do you have any favorite breeds or phenotypical preferences?
Perhaps a hearty story or two?
Maybe some informative tidbit about their handling,history and/or evolution of these loveable and fierce critters?

[Image: barking-dog-xxl.png]
Do share or tell!!!!

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

The dog Thread!

My favorite type of dog are robot dogs

The dog Thread!

archive/inde...41902.html

The dog Thread!

I've been in CO for barely 5 months and I am already so sick of dogs and girls with their dogs. Every fucking 20-something that lives here is a self-proclaimed "dog mom" give me a break.

Bubble jackets and dogs everywhere you look.

Also

[Image: kqiu9.gif]

The dog Thread!

Ah well,too bad.

I thought that perhaps someone in the forum had a cool story of taking their dogs hunting or using them on other tasks.

Like with Argentinian dogos,from my own land.

[Image: Dogo_argentino_sylwetka.jpg]

Hunters traditionally use a pack of four to hunt down a boar,so far so normal,except that for the hunt to be considered succesful the hunter must join in the fray and deliver the killing blow to the beast with a knife.
Some examples(NSFW image links):

http://www.h2tuga.net/assets/fullimage/d...qy9d39.jpg
http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kvndoba4ub1qa80xp.jpg

I've always found this type of hunt rather fascinating,as the hunter must develop a working and functional bond with his dogs as well as having to learn to stitch and heal them in the field,not to mention it must feel bad ass as hell.

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

The dog Thread!

I'm a fan of the Westminster Dog show, which was on a couple of weeks ago. However, I have mixed feelings about some things I see there. One of my pet peeves is the way they breed for conformation (looks), rather than other traits. Furthermore, a lot of times, there are fads in terms of what is popular with the appearance of various breeds.

In particular, I don't like the way that German Shepherds are bred to be crouch walkers. By this, I mean they are bred and trained to walk with their rear hips and legs in a partial squat, as in the picture below.

[Image: DN21854803.jpg]

In comparison, old world breed lines are still bred for a square back. The dogs bred as crouch walkers are less healthy, but they are bred this way on purpose due to a fad among the dog show crowd. Here is a link discussing the problem. http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/communit...better&p=1. When I was a kid, I never saw German Shepherds like this. Even when I first started watching Westminster in the early 90's, I don't remember seeing this. It's a fad that's come along in the last couple decades.

[Image: malinois_belgian_930.jpg]

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

The dog Thread!

^ Thats interesting,I didnt know that the reason they had the crooked hip/crouch look was a fad!
I always thought it was a byproduct of inbreeding as during the 70 to the 90's at least where I'm from they d inbreed to produce puppies as fast as possible in quantities.

I just dont see a crouch leg look as healthy thing,same thing for transformations of body and snout that produce things that arent fit for surviving on their own (think "Pugs" and other "lap dogs")

My personal favorites of all are the pitbulls,though I sin of falling into what could be considered a Cliche.
[Image: PitbullZeppelin2YearsOld.JPG]
Their learning cuve speed,resilience and adaptability are simply astounding.
Granted they are a bit shitty as guard dogs if not trained for it and can be trigger happy with other critters if unchecked,but totally worth it for the kind of man that likes active and powerful beasties.
As much as I love shepards and mastiffs,I think they'll be my prevalen choice

The dog Thread!

I have a red heeler like this. She's an awesome dog, super smart.

[Image: Ginger_Front.111190124_std.jpg]

The dog Thread!

How can you have too many threads about dogs?

My experience is never buy a golden retriever. When it dies, it will mess you up, and you will never buy another one.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

The dog Thread!

I like dogs a lot, and my family has always had a bunch of dogs, but my lifestyle doesn't allow me to have my own. I like to say that's the only reason I want a steady girlfriend, so she can take care of my dog when I'm too busy with work.

I like border collies a lot. They can be nutty but they're not nearly as high maintenance as people think, with proper training (and buying from the right lineage). But I think I'll go for a couple Rhodesian ridgebacks when my lifestyle allows it.

The dog Thread!

I just bought this guy two weeks ago.

He is an Old German Shepherd. I have wanted a German Shepherd for years.

The first pics are his parents
The rest are him. These photos were taken by the breeder.

http://imgur.com/a/alX5w

Had him for two weeks. The cunt has doubled in size.
Toilet training him is proving to be more difficult than I first thought.

But when he is not being a little asshole, this guy is awesome.

In the light he looks very light, and in the dark his fur looks very dark. Very wolf looking.
Walking him around Bydgoszcz 10 times a day. I think I have met every girl in this town now. They are always running over to play with him. Best pussy magnet a man can have.

I just can't come up with a cool, bad ass name.

The less fucks you give, the more fucks you get.

The dog Thread!

Quote: (02-28-2016 02:58 PM)spalex Wrote:  

I just bought this guy two weeks ago.

But when he is not being a little asshole, this guy is awesome.

In the light he looks very light, and in the dark his fur looks very dark. Very wolf looking.
Walking him around Bydgoszcz 10 times a day. I think I have met every girl in this town now. They are always running over to play with him. Best pussy magnet a man can have.

Congratulations,he looks cute as hell!
Yes indeed!There s actually a post in ROK about how dogs are one of the best pussy magnets as a well kept pet gives a lot of info
Quote:Quote:

I just can't come up with a cool, bad ass name.

I usually go for either cool adjectives,or literary and/or mythological character/monster names that are one or two syllabes.

Examples:
Shiva
Thor
Grimnir
Demon/Daimon
Fury
Siren
Balder
Starkad
Lug
Typhon

This is my lil guy:

[Image: SRWXCXbm.jpg]
[Image: 3q0vPcFm.jpg]

Had him for almost 3 years,when he was only 3 months we hiked the alpujarras (granted I carried him in my backpack most of the time but still counts) and we walked nearly 300 km total on foot periods in Spain and in France on our way to Germany.
I have to say,that I am surprised myself at how manageable and handy a pitbull is as a travel dog,his upkeep has been basically null.Hell,he's actually made me money!

The dog Thread!

Quote: (02-27-2016 02:42 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

I've been in CO for barely 5 months and I am already so sick of dogs and girls with their dogs. Every fucking 20-something that lives here is a self-proclaimed "dog mom" give me a break.

Also

Get used to it. Good news out in CO is that most of those "outdoorsy" girls are very DTF and at least look much better than the women do in other parts of the country.

The dog Thread!

Never trust somebody who doesn't like dogs.

The dog Thread!

You know what they say about a man who has two cats, don't you?

I'm adopting a German Sheppard right now who's bossy, and lazy, and who's been returned to the pound twice, but I like her well enough.

The dog Thread!

Be careful with German Shepards they were breed to do a job and the really want to do that job.

I like them but you need to train them at pro level.

The dog Thread!

Quote: (02-28-2016 04:56 PM)Easy_C Wrote:  

Quote: (02-27-2016 02:42 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Also

Get used to it. Good news out in CO is that most of those "outdoorsy" girls are very DTF and at least look much better than the women do in other parts of the country.

True. girls here are cute and active I'm not complaining about that, just when girls obsess over animals its annoying/a turn off for me.

That being said, I like dogs. Last dog I owned was a Siberian Husky. I likely wouldn't get another one as they are too rambunctious and shed long hair non-stop all year long.

In the future if I decide I'm in a spot where I'd like another dog I may get a Doberman. Nice big loyal dog with short hair. Anyone have personal experience with that breed?

The dog Thread!

Quote:Quote:

I may get a Doberman.

Awful dogs unless you have a 80's junk yard fetish.

The dog Thread!

I've always had a thing for Rottweilers. Always had good experiences with them.

Lately I've come to really like mutts. My dog is a lab, chow, shepherd mix. He can be pretty playful at times, but most of the time he just wants to lay around and protect the house. It's funny too, if I take him to the dog park, he will just sit at my feet and chill. If some dogs start fighting at the park he breaks it up.

He's a really smart dog, a little on the chubby side, but hes still managed to use his brain to catch and kill rodents. When he chases down a squirrel he knows when it runs to a tree it doesn't climb up, but runs to the opposite side. My dog figured it out and just goes to the opposite side the squirrels do. Always nails them.

His kill count: 10 squirrels, 2 mice, and 6 rabbits.

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

The dog Thread!

I have a johnson american bulldog, 130 lbs of muscle he is a beast and an awesome guard dog. Overly dog agressive though.

I have had english bulldogs as well, they are pussy magnets ans borderline status symbols but cant keep up with the outdoor shit im into.

The dog Thread!

Quote: (02-28-2016 01:15 PM)captain_shane Wrote:  

I have a red heeler like this. She's an awesome dog, super smart.

[Image: Ginger_Front.111190124_std.jpg]

Nice one. Hope he's got a big yard.

Best dogs on the planet when it comes to the combination of intelligence, athleticism, temperament, capability and obedience.

This dog won't take down a pitbull, but they aren't bred for attacking. The do what borders collies could do in 45 degree temperatures.

The only "purebred dog" that is actually not a purebred but the successful breeding over multiple generations of the perfect farm dog.

I'm a fan boy, if you can tell. I had one when I was younger, gutted I had to give him up though as I couldn't give him the room that he needed.

The dog Thread!

I've grown to really like and appreciate mutts as dogs. I've had a mutt for years that was sort of pushed on me when his original owner didn't want to take care of him.

Initially I was apprehensive, but I really enjoy his personality. Dog has a lot of spunk, is super intelligence, and has a dominant streak in him that I find hilarious. He tends to dominate other dogs, especially toy dogs. I've gotten the impression he looks at "pure bred" dogs as inbred retards in comparison to him.

I'll probably just start adopting mutts from now on.

The dog Thread!

Mutts have the winning card when it comes to genetics mostly,but many of the most "stable" races arent that very refined into anunalterable standard:

Take the original bulldog which was mixed with terriers and itd descendants are modern bull terriers and pitbulls,the latter have a ver strong variance and morphology and as a result are usually very healthy dogs.
Pugs,modern english bulldogs or great danes seem to have bigger problems as amongs other things I suspect the gentic pool to draw new blood from is smaller

The dog Thread!

I've got 2 German Shepherd Females that are by far and away the most loyal companions a fella can ask for. Like with any male/female relationship I established myself as the Alpha from the beginning and have had no problems since.

The dog Thread!

One of my friends grew up with a pair of husky/wolf mix.
They are large dogs and extremely territorial, but they have a large acreage for the dogs to run around in. They've killed coyotes, rabbits, deer basically everything in the rural area.
A few winters ago i played with them in the snow, i've never had my ass kicked by dogs before. They play rough but they like me so it's not too bad.

I would get the same breed mix if i had a lot of land.