rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dash's pre-trip checklist / routine

I just posted this in a thread but thought It deserved its own thread.

It has served me well on my recent trips in one way or another and my first couple of trips that I didnt do this were not as fulfilling as they could have been.

This takes some work and time, but I think it is worth it.

The first thing you want to do is start pipe-lining ASAP once you pick a location. You need to hit ALL diff kinds of online social media.

Dating websites like LatinAmericaCupid
Couch Surfing
LiveMoca
Facebook
Badoo
Okurt

Send out ton of messages. Play the numbers game. I usually send out the same message something like this "Hey, im going to be in X city in a month and was wondering where are the best places to go dance and have drinks?" Once they respond I recommend bouncing them to facebook as the primary means of communication. You can see more pics, they are on that the most, if they add you on facebook they are obviously interested in you in some capacity. Work on them leading up to the trip as they can come in handy. For example a girl I meet on couch surfing from Santa Marta Colombia that let me stay in her friends house for 5 days during Semanta Santa for free! Had this house 2 blocks from the main square all to myself! You also can get instant social proof going to a club with a girl and all her friends! Even if you dont plan on hanging out with these girls / guys you can get valuable intel on the city! Stuff you cant find by doing searches on google.

Next you need to start making a list of your lodging options. Write down all the best hotels, apartment contacts, hostels within your expected budget. I recommend staying close to the nightlife. Better for logistics at night, cheaper taxi rides, and during the day you can take cheap buses.

When your traveling you want to see and experience cool shit. Find out all the best local tourist attractions and sights. For instance im going to San Salvador soon and there is a cool place called "The devils door". Would not have found out about it without doing some leg work online. Jot down all the places you would be interested in checking out during the day.

After that start finding out the best day game spots. Malls, main squares & plazas, local markets, parks ect.

Then try to start getting an idea of the nightlife. Find out the best clubs to go to. And on what nite each places are the best. Find out about ladies night, or drink special nights!

Next switch your attention to the p4p spots. Find out where the best strip clubs are at. Also find out if there is any freelance bars or clubs. For example Elektra in Cartagena was one of the funnest clubs i went to! After hours club with tons of girls for the taking! Just because its p4p doesnt mean you actually have to pay! Talk to these chicks like you would any other girl. Get there number and set something up for later that day or tomm. Also for alot of places the nightlife will be dead sun - thur night so these make great places to hit up when your options are limited.

Here is an outline I use..

"X" Country
Intinerary / Dates

Lodging

Things to See & Do

Day Game Spots

Nightlife

P4P Spots

Well I hope this can help some cats out! It takes some work for sure, but you will be well prepared to have a great time imo.

Do you mean "LiveMocha" the language learning site? and if so how do you use it to pipeline?

CaliPro,

Yes LiveMocha is the proper way to spell it.

I prob should have went into alil detail as it is not as straight forward as other sites.

Anyways I do the same thing like I would with facebook, dating sites, couch surfing ect.

First you have to go to the advanced search feature.

Type in what you are looking for, then select the country you will go going to.

Then search the results, some girls list what city they are from some dont. I just send out messages to all of them on the first 3-4 pages. Same generic message I send in the other sites.

Thats actually how I found some girls for El Salvador and Guatemala as I was not getting any replies from facebook

I met a British dude who was also teaching English in Sao Paulo and he was dating a girl he met off Live Mocha. It is probably a good look because she will see that you are interested in her culture by wanting to learn the language.

That's a good layout Dash.

It would be nice if there was one awesome Android app that would serve the purpose of organizing your trip data into one easy interface. Maybe there is such a thing, I'll dig around later and see if I can find one or if any of you know of such a thing, please post the name of it.

Would be cool if it could integrate with mapping/GPS and let you mark off where the places are you want to see, where to stay, mark restaurants/bars/nightlife, public transit info, list connections and phone numbers, flight info, general notes, etc.

Google maps lets you place landmarks, notes, highlight clubs / bars etc so you could do it manually if there's no app out there that does it for you but there surely must be already.

I dont know if there is such an app. For now I just use google documents. Automatically saves everything I type and I can access anywhere with an internet connection.

There are some programs I was playing with that let you download whole city maps down to the street level for offline use in case you don't want to pay for a data plan on the road. Then all you'd need is your GPS and you're set. I saw an app called Tripit that does some of these things, but not all.

Good advice, i'm using couchsurfing since a while. Got laid with it 3 cities in a row. I made an account on latinamerica cupid also. Haven't used it yet.

Only disadvantage for me is that i'm already traveling so setting up things take up lots of my precious time. I want to daygame more because this will give your major self-improvement as a bonus. Fastest way to improve your game.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

I think it's also worth it do some research into the history and culture of where you are visiting. I've found girls in foreign countries really appreciate it if you know a few things about their country. It helps prevent you from being labeled as another foreigner who is only there to party/fuck, because it shows you have some genuine interest in the country.

That certainly wouldnt hurt Celtic.

Quote: (07-10-2011 06:33 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

That certainly wouldnt hurt Celtic.

True that !

Thats one thing i always do, just ask a few questions about local culture and you´re in. For me its not a trick, i´m mostly generally interested in the local history.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.