rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Forum Visual Privacy Tip

Forum Visual Privacy Tip

I was digging around in the settings and found that you can choose to have no logo on the forum.

For people that browse the forum at cafes, libraries, schools, work, etc, anywhere you're likely to have people over your shoulder or pass by frequently, this could help make it more difficult for them to identify the site if they're taking a quick glance. Just a small change to make it slightly more difficult for the lurkers around you.

The area where the logo was is still clickable and takes you to the home page like before.

Looks like this:

[Image: hp1OEkF.png]

To make the change, go to User CP at the top.

Once there, go to Edit Options:

[Image: DmbpAnE.png]

On the Edit Options page go here:

[Image: AcPKCJY.png]

While typing this it dawned on me that it's insane that we even have to consider these things. Who would have guessed we'd be thought criminals targeted by governments back when Roosh first started this place.

Americans are dreamers too

Forum Visual Privacy Tip

This works, and I plan to use it. I will note that I tried using the back button to return to this page after turning off the logo, and the logo came back. You'll have to exit your User CP page, go to the top level of the forum, and then navigate down to whatever part of the forum you're browsing.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Forum Visual Privacy Tip

^I'm guessing that has to do with the page being cached, so as you said people should just navigate to where they want and not click the back button immediately after the change.

Americans are dreamers too

Forum Visual Privacy Tip

Nice catch on that option, it's useful

Forum Visual Privacy Tip

done

Forum Visual Privacy Tip

Wow, thank you very much for pointing this out. Honestly. Every time I browse the forum in a public place or even in my room with the door open I'm always paranoid somebody will do a casual glance in my direction and see the big logo up top, do a quick Google search and get misconceptions on the type of person I am. Or worse. And every time you click a link it takes you to the top of the page where the logo displays.

This is a huge step in securing my privacy, thanks. More people need to know about this.

Forum Visual Privacy Tip

Sticky this page.

Forum Visual Privacy Tip

Very useful indeed. Thanks for sharing!