rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mazatlan, Mexico Data Sheet

Just spent 5 days in Mazatlan so I'll share my impression. MidWest (r.i.p.) posted a datasheet a while back on Sinaloa which is the state containing Mazatlan and it contains valuable information, but in my opinion this city deserves its own thread.

ABSTRACT
Melting pot of ethnic groups = seriously hot women. Many light skinned with exotic features. Mexico; social circle reigns. Affordable for being a beach resort town. Good seafood. Small enough that moving around and logistics are pretty easy. Nightlife pretty sleepy except weekends. Access to both locals and toursists (us, canadian, mexican). Game a requirement. More worthwhile to visit in high tourist season (dec. / jan.), carnival or saint's week.
Results for this players: Couple dates, couple make outs from dates and nightlife, no bangs.

BODY
To corroborate what MidWest and others have written, there are some incredibly attractive girls here. You can read up on wikipedia all of the different ethnic groups that have all blended into the Mazatlan gene pool. French, German, Italian, Chinese etc. There are girls who could pass for asians. There are many fair skinned an leggy girls. Lighter girls that have retained the typical features of your prototypical exotic latina. Hot morenas with stronger indigenous features too.

The golden zone, zona dorada is where you want to be at. I spent a little time walking around the centro historico and there is potential here and much different feel. I stayed at a place called hotel Mariana which affordable, about $22 a night, and nice enough. Small but serviceable rooms equipped with new ac units. Tons of outdoor space on 2nd - 4th floor. Lots of greenery, ocean views, very pleasant atmosphere overall.

If you want to go higher end than that I recommend you choose the Ramada. On the beach, nice pool area and contains what was my favorite nightlife venue, Joe's Oyster Bar. Close to the well known nightclubs Bora Bora and Valentinos.

Taxis are open air little buggy vehicles and cheap. I am not a huge haggler but if you ask the price of a trip and then say "no gracias" and start to walk away you will get lower fares. They will all offer to get you hookers and get you drugs. I bought weed which was predictably shit quality snicklefritz. Did not by any yayo and sort of regret not trying it out too see what the quality is like in a heavy cartel region. I’m sure the shit cab drivers are pushing to tourists is chopped up with plenty of Arm & Hammer anyways.

Meeting Girls

First, I wouldn't expect online game to be fruitful. I did get one chick out on a date. Made out with her and got her up to my hotel under the pretense of chilling and smoking on the roof. She froze up real quick when and would not come into my room when I went in there to grab something.

The densest daytime locations I experienced were the mall Gran Plaza and coming in at a distant second the Malecon, the beach promenade. The mall is not a huge but I would concentrate my efforts here and only branch out when you feel you have exhausted the options. Best bet for catching girls alone or perhaps two at a time. Also many girls working the shops and stands in the middle of walkway. Standard mall shit. I think there is a bigger mall further away from the beach area but do not know a lot about it as I was keeping my sphere of movement pretty tight. There is potential for success strolling around the centro historico but it will be hit or miss. However, there will be many people strolling around here in the early evening on weekends. I’m sure during high tourism season and carnival you could talk to a lot of girls on the beach and promenade, though.

Nightlife

The Wednesday and Thursday nightlife was disappointing. I was not able to find a lively scene. However, I wasted time by following some bunk information two local girls I met gave me and I also did not have my bearings as thursday was my first full day.

Zona Dorada neighborhood

Joe's Oyster Bar: Located in the Ramada Hotel in Zona Dorada. Adjacent to the beach. This place gets packed on the weekend. You have to pay a very modest cover but do not remember exactly because I was drunk both times I went. It is large with open air areas and also big palapas covering some areas. You have space to move, and the layout is conducive to bouncing from group to group without being easily noticed as a predator on the hunt. Lots of girls in groups of various sizes. Many without guys around. Really solid mix of tourists (many mexican tourists) and plenty of locals. Easy to approach. I went with a slowed-down "permiteme a practicar mi espanol con ustedes?" (allow me to practice with my spanish with you?) and it was usually received warmly with giggles. Music is not the worst for being a mainstream type of venue. A mix of pop EDM and well known mid 90s - 2000s hip hop party music. Have to buy beers in twos and it'll run you about $4 for two. If I did it again I would focus exclusively on this venue. I am interested to know what thursday night would have looked like here but I did not know to go.

El mal de puerco This is a new spot that is sort of a restaurant nightclub hybrid. Relatively small and almost exclusively mixed social groups positioned inward towards high tables. Very much a fresa vibe. HOT girls. I as a tall sharply dressed gringo I was getting eye fucked every direction I turned by really hot girls but was not seeing opportunities to spit. Moving across the room is a task in itself. Way too brightly lit to creep stealthily.

Classico: This is the en vogue high-end club. It opened 6 months ago. Cover, more expensive drinks, typical shit. Fresa social circle scene but you could have guessed that. I would only come here with the intention of seeing what the creme de la creme of Mazatlan looks like. In that case you will not be disappointed. Stunners everywhere. All well dressed. Again I was getting a lot of looks and repeat eye contact from girls who would look right through me in the States. I simply do not have the juice to pull from venues like this solo. If you want to pull a girl from here you better hit every single box on the game checklist and bring your lucky rabbit's foot. Open Friday and Saturday only.

Valentinos Another higher end club. Bonus for cool location overlooking the ocean. Housed in this castle looking building at the north end of the beach promenade which also contains Bora Bora, another night club, and Zymbao, a live latin music type of place. I went to neither. Valentinos was great location but pretty much same shit as Classico. All three of these venues closed except Fri. and Sat.

Centro Historico neighborhood

I only went here earlier on in the night before migrating back to the Zona Dorada for primetime, so I do not have a full impression of the scene. Very charming area though. If you want a great romantic setting for a dinner I would go to one of the restaurants surrounding Plaza Machado and dine al fresco. Good for an evening stroll also.

All three of the following are very close to each other so it would be easy to bounce around if you want to dedicate a night to this neighborhood.

El Albur Smaller discoteca type place with a slightly grimy feel. Only stopped in before prime time to rest and drink a beer. Just one square room and a circular bar in the middle. I would not go here on the weekend because I'm sure its packed like a can of sardines. I think it is worth it to check this out on a Thursday but again I did not know to look.

La Carlota I Understand this place is a discoteca. Did not go inside. Heard from a local guy that was pretty legit that it has hot girls.

2 de 3 Dos de Tres. Sports bar with a lot of TVs and quite a bit of space. Would be a good place to post up and have a few drinks with other guys before setting out. I met a cool like minded local guy who I ended up going out to hunt with.

Food
Local seafood is about all you need to know. Ceviche, cocteles de mariscos, camaron from the Sea of Cortez. The shrimp are really something special. Next level freshness. The beach promenade has palapa restaurants right below it at intervals from beginning to end.

Conclusion
Mazatlan has potential but is not a cake walk. If I were to come here I would schedule accordingly for the high season and come for carnival (february or early march, dates vary) or santa semana (march or april). There will be lively nightlife every night on these days. If I come back it will be during one of these periods.

Incredibly hot girls here. Some of the best I've seen, though I'm not particularly well traveled yet. I did not get heavy sexual vibes from the ones I spent time alone with but that is going off a small sample size and could be due to my shortcomings. If you set up shop for a while and hit the streets with a work ethic and network prudently you could build a quality rotation of light skinned girls with great asses and big smiles with red lipstick. People in general are friendly. A lot of gringo tourists that speak no spanish whatsoever so you get instant points if you do. Pleasant climate, never once felt remotely unsafe. There must be a narco presence but I was not able to detect it and I was keeping an eye out. Solid game required.

Great info thanks +1.

How many gringos are we talking about? 100s of single white guys roaming in stag parties or some couples, families, etc? At some of the bars if 100 people were in there would you see 10+ gringos?

How's the city look as far as infrastructure etc run down or nice, average for Mexico?

How's the beach?

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Almost all the gringos are old fat Canadians. Barring Oyster Bar, there were few enough that I did not even notice a presence. At Oyster bar you are going to encounter a higher amount but most seemed to be dudes on vacation with their girlfriends. This is not Cabo, Cancun, Playa Carmen, etc. I did not meet a single young American or Canadian guy out trying to swoop.

I should have mentioned this: This is one thing that really separates this city from other beach resort destinations in Mexico.

edit: did not notice your question about the beach or infrastructure. The beach is nothing to write home about. It is clean enough but relatively narrow. Water is great though and I went for a swim in the ocean every morning. The areas close to the beach have good infrastructure. Not on par with more well known places but still very good. Clean streets.

Esa es buena noticia.

Quick scouting online - yeah it's sparse pipelining. Seems like social media messaging out of the blue or CouchSurfing would be the way.

How prevalent was English in the local girls?

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Quote: (02-22-2016 07:43 PM)TrifeLife Wrote:  

Almost all the gringos are old fat Canadians. Barring Oyster Bar, there were few enough that I did not even notice a presence. At Oyster bar you are going to encounter a higher amount but most seemed to be dudes on vacation with their girlfriends. This is not Cabo, Cancun, Playa Carmen, etc. I did not meet a single young American or Canadian guy out trying to swoop.

I should have mentioned this: This is one thing that really separates this city from other beach resort destinations in Mexico.

edit: did not notice your question about the beach or infrastructure. The beach is nothing to write home about. It is clean enough but relatively narrow. Water is great though and I went for a swim in the ocean every morning. The areas close to the beach have good infrastructure. Not on par with more well known places but still very good. Clean streets.

I think that Sinaloa drug reputation scares a lot of people away. I was well aware of the old Canadian thing, but didn't know that they were pretty much the only foreigners there besides guys on vacation with their girlfriends. I say avoid hotels and just rent a place. The last time I checked there were countless vacation rentals there, many right on the beach.

Quote: (02-22-2016 07:45 PM)Travesty Wrote:  

How prevalent was English in the local girls?

English beyond a few basic words was not very prevalent among local girls, even less so than I expected before arriving. One of the girls I hung out with spoke well but she has family in LA. She was the exception. I should have noted in the OP that I have decent conversational spanish.

Quote: (02-22-2016 09:20 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

I think that Sinaloa drug reputation scares a lot of people away. I was well aware of the old Canadian thing, but didn't know that they were pretty much the only foreigners there besides guys on vacation with their girlfriends. I say avoid hotels and just rent a place. The last time I checked there were countless vacation rentals there, many right on the beach.

Even with couples I saw very few, just old retirees and families. I think 99% of people do not have Mazatlan on the radar as a potential destination. Like you said, it is probably because of the drug reputation. The one American guy I met when I was out at night lives down here and I thought he was a Mexican because he was with a group. I was not actively looking, but there were only two instances in which I noticed white gringo guys trying to spit game at random Mexican girls. It was at Oyster bar and they all looked like your typical resort vacation dorks so I would not be surprised if they were staying at the Ramada with their families. Whatever difficulties Mazatlan presents to a player are not due to an overabundance of guys like us.

I agree that renting a place is the optimal setup if you have the means. At least that way you can maintain the pretense that you are there in a more permanent capacity rather than just passing through to try and fuck the girls.

O.P., I forgot to ask, but in Mazatlan, do you have people constantly trying to sell you drugs like in Playa del Carmen? In Playa, it's nonstop and as annoying as it gets. In my opinion, that's easily the worst part about Playa.

Quote: (02-23-2016 01:26 AM)Merenguero Wrote:  

O.P., I forgot to ask, but in Mazatlan, do you have people constantly trying to sell you drugs like in Playa del Carmen? In Playa, it's nonstop and as annoying as it gets. In my opinion, that's easily the worst part about Playa.

I experienced that too, more so when I was alone walking along la quinta, when I was with the Mexican girl I took to Playa, the same guys would say "hey lucky guy" then whisper something about coke and weed. +1 for me OP, I've only done short jaunts to Mexico and so far favour Colombia but still appreciate the intel, Mexico is way easier to get to for me and has a better tourist industry, I lol'd pretty hard at the fat Canadian comment. I've done deep sea fishing and scuba diving in Mexico and it beats Colombia big time that regard, did you do any touristic, non-pussy chasing activities there?

*Also, you mentioned that Mazatlan has a "pleasant climate", this is becoming more of a deciding factor in my travel plans. Could you walk around with pants on during the day without sweating your bag off? If any of you Mexico vets (germanico, etc) could recommend a city where the day time high is in the 20-25C range, I'm all ears.

^^^
There's so much stupidity in Playa, way more than in Guadalajara or Acapulco. If they got rid of the people selling drugs and other kinds of leeches (highly unlikely), it would easily be my favorite place in the world. I've been there three times and the annoyances seem to have progressively increased each time. At least in the community where I have stayed the last two times, there is none of that. I only have to deal with it on La Quinta and in the clubs. Also, Scotian, try Acapulco for catching sailfish (pez vela). If you go out on a good day, you can easily catch five Pacific sailfish.

It is not so bad. At night time the cabbies will try to make a few sales. Dudes on the beach running the fishing, parasailing and snorkeling trip hustles will chirp something about weed and coke when you walk by. It does not approach the nonstop harassment you experience in a place like Playa del Carmen. You do not have the drunk all day spring break type riff raff all over the place so the supply side is not developed to that miserable level.

Quote: (02-23-2016 02:14 AM)scotian Wrote:  

I experienced that too, more so when I was alone walking along la quinta, when I was with the Mexican girl I took to Playa, the same guys would say "hey lucky guy" then whisper something about coke and weed. +1 for me OP, I've only done short jaunts to Mexico and so far favour Colombia but still appreciate the intel, Mexico is way easier to get to for me and has a better tourist industry, I lol'd pretty hard at the fat Canadian comment. I've done deep sea fishing and scuba diving in Mexico and it beats Colombia big time that regard, did you do any touristic, non-pussy chasing activities there?

*Also, you mentioned that Mazatlan has a "pleasant climate", this is becoming more of a deciding factor in my travel plans. Could you walk around with pants on during the day without sweating your bag off? If any of you Mexico vets (germanico, etc) could recommend a city where the day time high is in the 20-25C range, I'm all ears.

When I get to a new place I typically spend a lot of time wandering around and taking pictures. That is the closest thing to a tourist activity that I did. Other than I worked out and did a bit of writing in cafes, all things I try to parlay into talking to girls. There were girls out running on the promenade in the evenings so that could be a worthwhile thing to do early on in the week if you have some crispy nike free's. I should add that gyms are all over the place on ave. Camarón Sábalo, the main avenue running through Zona Dorada.

As Jacque Cousteau said the Sea of Cortez is the "aquarium of the world." There is great fishing here. I know from shooting the shit with older expat guys at this really popular (amongst the geriatric crowd) restaurant bar across the street from my hotel called Gus & Gus. Surf break was not too great from what I saw. I think for scuba diving Baja Sur is the better bet, but I do not have first hand data.

In terms of the climate, a lot of the girls I talked to complained about how hot it was during the non winter months so it may get uncomfortable in the summer. If you are going to be stomping around during the day time in jeans you will be sweaty, but for normal a day to day routine jeans are fine. It was 85 and breezy by the ocean.

Quote: (02-23-2016 02:44 AM)Merenguero Wrote:  

^^^
There's so much stupidity in Playa, way more than in Guadalajara or Acapulco. If they got rid of the people selling drugs and other kinds of leeches (highly unlikely), it would easily be my favorite place in the world. I've been there three times and the annoyances seem to have progressively increased each time. At least in the community where I have stayed the last two times, there is none of that. I only have to deal with it on La Quinta and in the clubs. Also, Scotian, try Acapulco for catching sailfish (pez vela). If you go out on a good day, you can easily catch five Pacific sailfish.

Is Acapulco "safe" as of now? As in, is Acapulco as "safe" as Colombian big cities in 2016?

If so, that spot is definitely on my radar. I do wonder if the tourism industry has picked back up yet.

Quote: (02-23-2016 11:21 AM)MasculineProfiles Wrote:  

Quote: (02-23-2016 02:44 AM)Merenguero Wrote:  

^^^

Is Acapulco "safe" as of now? As in, is Acapulco as "safe" as Colombian big cities in 2016?

If so, that spot is definitely on my radar. I do wonder if the tourism industry has picked back up yet.

If you stick to known taxi drivers, the beach, and the discos like Palladium and Baby O, it is as safe as anywhere. I can't say that the strip clubs, including Tabares, are safe, as they draw all walks of life. If you happen to read that a bunch of people were shot and killed in Tabares a few years back, that was Tabares II, which is/was lower end and not in the best area. As far as I know, there haven't been any incidents in the main Tabares near el Circulo Diana.

Great info!!! Been looking fwd to an update on this city. I plan on making this a stop on my Mexican tour this summer. Its only a $50 one way flight from D.F.

Last summer I enjoyed Playa De Carmen but want to checkout the Pacific coast. While there are some cute girls in Mexico its definetly not the main reason for my visit....(my homebase is Colombia) I just want to enjoy the beach, food, tequila, and outdoor activities. Maybe hv a few options for nightlife, and women but its not my main focus!

Anyone have any new info on these other 3 places; Culiacan (Sinola) ***May do a short wknd trip from Mazatlan to Culiacan as I keep hearing this is the spot with the most attractive women in Sinola and maybe all of Mexico...any new info would be great!

Puerto Escondido (Oaxca) and Sayulita...I hear they are chill sleepy surf towns...wanna stay away from the fat american tourist spots!

Quote: (02-23-2016 02:38 PM)Tully Mars Wrote:  

Anyone have any new info on these other 3 places; Culiacan (Sinola) ***May do a short wknd trip from Mazatlan to Culiacan as I keep hearing this is the spot with the most attractive women in Sinola and maybe all of Mexico...any new info would be great!

Culiacan supposedly has not only the most attractive women in Sinaloa, but the most attractive in all of Mexico. Sinaloa women, in general, are supposed to be the most attractive in all of Mexico. The women from there seem to treat me a lot better than other Mexicans. Coincidence?

Useful data sheet. Any thoughts on how Mazatlan compares to other destinations for Semana Santa? I'm trying to plan a long week around Good Friday/Easter. Coming from the East Coast USA, Cancun/PDC is much more convenient but it seems like it would be comparatively more expensive with less favorable odds for a short trip.

This year is going to be my first semana Santa experience and I'm going to be in Mérida and PDC. From what I understand all the beach vacation destinations in Mexico get packed for the week so I'm sure Mazatlan is pretty live. Lots of girls from GDL I imagine.

The Carnival there sounds crazy too. Biggest in Mexico so that is a unique aspect. I intend to check it out at some point.

Could someone explain this whole Semana Santa ordeal? Is it like spring break?

Also you guys think you were being harassed in Playa. Imagine going as a black guy with dreadlocks, i kid you not, walking down 5th avenue I got approached every 30 seconds for almost 2 hours...

I have my spring break trip for DF, but want to branch out more this time. I'm thinking of Puebla, but always wanted to try out Mazatlan.

-CD

Quote: (03-12-2016 01:53 PM)coverdoc Wrote:  

Also you guys think you were being harassed in Playa. Imagine going as a black guy with dreadlocks, i kid you not, walking down 5th avenue I got approached every 30 seconds for almost 2 hours...

I have my spring break trip for DF, but want to branch out more this time. I'm thinking of Puebla, but always wanted to try out Mazatlan.

-CD

Semana Santa begins the Monday before Easter and ends on Easter Sunday. I'd compare it to Spring Break. Of the three Playa trips, I struggled by far the most during Semana Santa. I'm not sure if was because of it being Semana Santa or because of some other factors. The drug thing increased drastically each time I went to Playa. Since I stay in a gated community, I really only deal with it and other forms of stupidity in the clubs. A little bit while I'm walking along La Quinta. Take Mazatlan over Puebla. Puebla is easily one of your worst bets in Mexico.

Quote: (03-12-2016 03:03 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

-CD

Semana Santa begins the Monday before Easter and ends on Easter Sunday. I'd compare it to Spring Break. Of the three Playa trips, I struggled by far the most during Semana Santa. I'm not sure if was because of it being Semana Santa or because of some other factors. The drug thing increased drastically each time I went to Playa. Since I stay in a gated community, I really only deal with it and other forms of stupidity in the clubs. A little bit while I'm walking along La Quinta. Take Mazatlan over Puebla. Puebla is easily one of your worst bets in Mexico.

Makes sense now, thanks for the explanation. I'll definitely take your advice and probably do Mazatlan over Puebla now. For some reason, i mesh better with people of northern mex then centro or southern. By the way OP plus 1 from me.

-CD

Quote: (03-12-2016 03:03 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

-CD

Cosign this. Puebla is a rich cultural place, but their bitches have the highest bitch shields you will ever see in Latin America. For some reasons pipopes think they are god gifts to earth.

The easy way to pipopes is Miami game (fake balling). Pipope women are into labels and brands. Social circle is a must for the fresas. The most outgoing people are people not from puebla

How do I know? My family is from there and have been there 20+ times in the past 5 years.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

I'm going to be in Mazatlán in a week, so I spun up a profile and ran some quick Tinder analyses there.

For a city with ~400K population, there are only 255 female profiles. But get this, there are 2184 male profiles.

That's an 8.56 to 1 ratio. Holy shit.

Guess I will be doing daygame/nightgame [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (12-09-2018 10:45 AM)corsega Wrote:  

I'm going to be in Mazatlán in a week, so I spun up a profile and ran some quick Tinder analyses there.

For a city with ~400K population, there are only 255 female profiles. But get this, there are 2184 male profiles.

That's an 8.56 to 1 ratio. Holy shit.

Guess I will be doing daygame/nightgame [Image: smile.gif]

Just go to Joe's on Friday and Saturday nights.

Legit all you need to do.

I will be in Mazatlán starting tomorrow (December 18) to December 27. If anyone is in town, let me know if you'd like to meet up. After I get back I will be dropping updated information for this datasheet.

I was in Playa this past weekend and the drug offering on the street has gotten much worse. Also, some place got shot up with an AR last week but no one was killed. Made the news in 'PorEsto!' (the newspaper) but nothing registered in the english news. I'm definitely seeing Playa losing it's usefulness.

Quote: (02-22-2016 07:20 PM)TrifeLife Wrote:  

Mazatlan has potential but is not a cake walk. If I were to come here I would schedule accordingly for the high season and come for carnival (february or early march, dates vary) or santa semana (march or april). There will be lively nightlife every night on these days. If I come back it will be during one of these periods.

I have been coming to or splitting my time between Mexico and the US for five years now. One thing I have realized and learned from the rest of the crew here is that it takes some time to dial-in on a place. It took me a little while to dial-in on Mexico City but now I feel in the groove there in about two or three days and have had two LTRs from there. I would like to get to Mazatlan, maybe with a chick from CDMX, so thanks for the data!!!!

Quote: (02-22-2016 07:20 PM)TrifeLife Wrote:  

Incredibly hot girls here. Some of the best I've seen, though I'm not particularly well traveled yet. I did not get heavy sexual vibes from the ones I spent time alone with but that is going off a small sample size and could be due to my shortcomings. If you set up shop for a while and hit the streets with a work ethic and network prudently you could build a quality rotation of light skinned girls with great asses and big smiles with red lipstick. People in general are friendly. A lot of gringo tourists that speak no spanish whatsoever so you get instant points if you do. Pleasant climate, never once felt remotely unsafe. There must be a narco presence but I was not able to detect it and I was keeping an eye out. Solid game required.

The best fruits of Mexico are behind the 'Spanish Line' (Maginot Line anyone??). I am almost at that level and can just taste the fruits on the other side. I'm getting where I can understand the television shows and the spanish in the streets......almost there......

+1 from me