rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dream interpretation thread

I decided to create this thread so we can have our dreams interpreted by someone else in the forum.

I had a crazy dream last night. I was returning to my old middle school. I was walking down the hallways looking at walls and the lockers. I decided to visit my old locker. I tested my old combination and it worked. The locker looked brand new and shiny with green paint and empty.

I decide to exit the building. I walked about 20ft away from the school entrance. Then a school bus catches on fire. It drives over a chain linked fence, runs over a few students then crashes into the school building and rebounds a bit. I walk around school bus and pick up a pair of shoes of mine that were by the school entrance.

I walked in front of the school bus. Then the school bus tries to run me over. The bus driver yells at me saying he was trying to run me over.

The dream above may come off as crazy, but as a fan of Jung's work on dream interpretation I would argue that it would be impossible to seriously study a dream without the context of the dreamer's life and experiences - that's what makes dream interpretation such a complex matter.

If you had actually witnessed an accident with a yellow school bus as a child it would be much more reasonable. On the other hand, if you grew up abroad and was home schooled, never having seen a yellow school bus in real life, the origin of that image in your psyche would be very different.

My advice to anyone who is interested in this topic: start recording your dreams.

I've kept a journal with mine for years. The trick is to leave the journal close to your bed and fight the urge to go back to sleep. Write them down as soon as you wake up (even if in the middle of the night).

There's no better way to notice your mental patterns and how your daily life impacts your dreams, subconscious and outlook on life.

Quote: (02-12-2016 09:40 AM)PolymathGuru Wrote:  

I decided to create this thread so we can have our dreams interpreted by someone else in the forum.

I had a crazy dream last night. I was returning to my old middle school. I was walking down the hallways looking at walls and the lockers. I decided to visit my old locker. I tested my old combination and it worked. The locker looked brand new and shiny with green paint and empty.

I decide to exit the building. I walked about 20ft away from the school entrance. Then a school bus catches on fire. It drives over a chain linked fence, runs over a few students then crashes into the school building and rebounds a bit. I walk around school bus and pick up a pair of shoes of mine that were by the school entrance.

I walked in front of the school bus. Then the school bus tries to run me over. The bus driver yells at me saying he was trying to run me over.

It would help if you could tell us what you were feeling as all of this stuff happened. What was it like to be back at your school? How did the fact that all of it was new feel? Or that your combination still worked? What about when the bus was hitting the kids?

Also, do you have any personal idiosyncratic connections to any elements of the dream, like, does your old school have a personal relevance for you that would not be obvious to a reader? And what about the shoes? Flesh it out personally if you can.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

The others are right that dreams are highly contextual and are deeply rooted in personal experience. But even without knowing the intimate details of another's life, you can isolate some potential themes. This is my take:

Middle school: you're having strong associations with something in your past. It could be something that happened to you when you were in middle school. Or something later.

Locker and combination: the fact that you can still use your old combination indicates that some things in the present are still consistent with the past experience your dream is relating to. Hard to read into an empty locker, but it could indicate a sense that something is missing or lost in your past or present.

Bus: most likely a manifestation of some unsettling event you have experienced. Despite your best efforts to shut it out (the chain link fence), it's coming back. The fact that children are being run over may indicate that the event has adversely affected others as well.

Shoes: strange that they would be outside instead of inside the locker, but the fact that they were near your old school indicates that you are again associating something with the past.

Bus driver: clearly some kind of antagonist. It could represent someone who's problematic for you in the past or present. Or it could simply be more association with the event itself.

I had this crazy dream where I was getting hit by this endless barrage of hot dogs, mostly hitting me in the face. Then suddenly I was drowning in this endless ocean of some substance like the filling of a cadbury egg except it didn't taste good. What does it mean?

^ That's a really tough one. We're going to need a little more context.

Were the hot dogs 6 inches or 9 inches? What kind of meat? Were they made of pork, beef, and chicken? Or just beef? What color?

Was the cream gooey? Did it have a salty taste?

Quote: (02-12-2016 07:02 PM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  

I had this crazy dream where I was getting hit by this endless barrage of hot dogs, mostly hitting me in the face. Then suddenly I was drowning in this endless ocean of some substance like the filling of a cadbury egg except it didn't taste good. What does it mean?

Sounds like you just experienced a condensed version of an American girl's twenties.

I had a dream where a hamburger was eating ME!

[Image: giphy.gif]

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

I think dreams are endlessly fascinating. At one point I was practicing Lucid Dreaming but I found I was waking up feeling un-refreshed so I stopped.

My understanding of dream interpretation is that your feeling during the dream is the most important aspect.

For instance, during times in my life of great uncertainty, of starting a new venture, new move, new something, I almost always dream I'm being swept out to sea. In my dreams I feel utterly helpless and feel that I'm being pushed and pulled against my will. There's an obvious connection between the two.

I've also had recurring nightmares of watching meteors fall from the sky. It's always from the perspective of watching a city from a distance and watching these fireballs completely annihilate everything. During the fireball falling phase, I'm always terrified, but once they land and everything is destroyed I'm completely at peace. I've always interpreted these dreams as my relationship with death. Of having anxiety and fear of dying but eventually accepting it and becoming at peace.

And when I dream I'm running around my old hometown and not wearing any pants it usually means I have to wake up and take a piss [Image: banana.gif]

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

I have an occasional dream where a plane crashes near me. Sometimes it starts going up and down and flying erratically before crashing near me. One time, I started running, then it changed direction, I ran the other way, it changed direction again, and so on. I thought it was going to crash right on top of me.

It's usually a different plane. Last time I had the dream (over last weekend) it was a 747. It crashed into a river right in front of me.

When I was married to my ex-wife, the plane crash dream usually meant something would blow up right in my face in the next day or two. Since the divorce, it doesn't seem to mean anything.

Most of my dreams are just freaking weird. Had one dream that with everything going on, I ran into my boss, who was pissed off about it. I was trying to calm him down, saying "Look, (boss's name), it's just a dream. OK? I'm going to wake up in a few minutes, and everything will be back to normal. Nothing to worry about."

Some times I think to record what I can remember about my dreams. I've always wished I could DVR them and come back to them later.

A few weeks ago I dreamed it was my wedding day.

I was getting married to a slightly overweight black chick that my parents had set me up with. I didn't want to do it but I was under immense pressure from my family. I had to put on a front and act like I was happy in front of everyone. Perhaps the worst thing about it all was that all my exes were there. Every girl that I had ever cared about were there as guests with their successful +1 boyfriend/husbands.

In reality, I don't even particularly like black chicks, my parents/family are totally open minded and easy going, and I have 0 contact with all my exes.

But still, a hugely unsettling experience.

Thanks to the Zinc I had outrageous dreams in the last 2 weeks:

- Homeless guys breaking into my house with the intention of steal my personal belongings.
- Dreams with acquaintances (the dreams are usually informal meetings).
- Banging cutie girls without condoms.

Not trying to derail, but ever had nicotine patch dreams? When I tried to quit smoking around 2001, I was wearing the patch, which gave me some messed up dreams. I was big into playing Diablo at that point, and having been in the Navy, my subconscious crammed the two together. I had a dream I was wandering through the engineering spaces on a ship trying to find and slay Diablo. Very weird.

I have found that there are two types of dreams. The first type is "ordinary dreams". They usually involve events that happened in the day and are not hard to understand. The second type are "symbolic dreams". These dreams are deeply symbolic and many times have animals. They are hard to understand and can be totally disconnected from the day's events and are expressing something in the unconscious mind. When I remember a symbolic dream I write it down. I also have songs in my dreams and if I still remember the song I will hum it into a recorder on my computer so I have a record of it. But I usually end up missing most of the song.

Here are three symbolic dreams:

I am in a forest being chased by someone who wants to harm me. I stop and turn into a tree. Then I start growing into a giant tree and stomp my pursuer.

An evil witch starts filling my apartment with water. As the water level rises, I escape into the attic. In the attic are a group of kindly dwarves who fill me with feelings of love and compassion.

I am shopping at Walmart in my bare feet. I spot Donald Trump shopping in his blue business suit. I am worried that he will see me in bare feet. But I look down and see that Donald Trump's feet are also bare.

Rico... Sauve....

At least no one can accuse you of a logical fallacy when you are talking about your dreams.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Quote: (02-12-2016 03:14 PM)Habano Wrote:  

The others are right that dreams are highly contextual and are deeply rooted in personal experience. But even without knowing the intimate details of another's life, you can isolate some potential themes. This is my take:

Middle school: you're having strong associations with something in your past. It could be something that happened to you when you were in middle school. Or something later.

Locker and combination: the fact that you can still use your old combination indicates that some things in the present are still consistent with the past experience your dream is relating to. Hard to read into an empty locker, but it could indicate a sense that something is missing or lost in your past or present.

Bus: most likely a manifestation of some unsettling event you have experienced. Despite your best efforts to shut it out (the chain link fence), it's coming back. The fact that children are being run over may indicate that the event has adversely affected others as well.

Shoes: strange that they would be outside instead of inside the locker, but the fact that they were near your old school indicates that you are again associating something with the past.

Bus driver: clearly some kind of antagonist. It could represent someone who's problematic for you in the past or present. Or it could simply be more association with the event itself.

If I was to talk about it, it would need to be done via pm and with nondisclosure.

This may be for another thread, but have any of you guys had prophetic dreams?, i.e. where you dream of a future event that takes place in real life (similar to a deja vu feeling, but can be directly attributable to a dream).

I've had a handful of them, that seem to emerge in real life around significant (mostly stressful) events.

I ascribe the occurrence of prophetic dreams to Einsteins theory that past, present and future exist simultaneously, and your brain somehow recalling "future" events during these dreams, to serve as a warning of sorts. The thing is, their prophetic nature can only be known when the dream is matched to reality as it occurs. Some of these dreams were had years prior to them emerging in reality, others merely months.

Not linked to prophetic dreaming, but I also regularly recall dreams randomly during the day, that I may have dreamed many years ago - the vibe, the imagery, what I was thinking during the dream etc.

I just had a weird dream last night that I couldn't stop thinking about because it was the sort of dream that never happened before. At the risk of ridicule, I'll post it here for you guys to read.

I don't remember how it started but there was a blonde cougar-ish teacher sitting in my lap while speaking on the phone with her husband. It was clear she was cheating on him with me because I was all over her and it seemed like she liked it.
I remember feeling the happiest I've felt in a long time and very primal. It was really, kind of, a simple and pure emotion. No confusion about what I was doing on my part.

Anyway, next thing I know, I'm in her bedroom waiting for her to come home. I don't know why I did that but someone comes home and I see her husband coming up the stairs. I jump out the second story window and run out.

That was a weird dream. I tried to search for any kind of meaning on the internet but all links talk about women having affairs with married men.
Any guesses about what it could have meant would be nice to hear but I just wanted to share it on this thread.

I had the weirdest dream the other night. I'm fairly certain it was some type of sleep paralysis but in this instance, it was just the prefrontal cortex that activated.

I wake up in bed in my apartment and walk out to the balcony. The power is off and the skyline is different. I'm thinking WTF... so I go to the fridge and theres people there quietly talking. They don't look at me. I say to myself 'this is a dream' and slap my face. I wake up in bed thinking "what a weird dream". I get up and notice all the furniture is different. Same weird people in my kitchen. I pinch myself and I'm back in bed. But then I notice the alarm says 8am, but theres no light coming through the windows. I go outside and its dark.

This went on Groundhog Day style probably 10 times before I finally started flailing my arms in the dream and woke up feeling like my body weighed a thousand pounds.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

I've renewed my interest in my own dreams recently after reading some Jungian psychology books; I believe in Jung's view that dreams can be your psyche’s attempt to communicate with you, and that they can reveal useful information.

The major issue in my life at the moment is the dawning realisation that I need to leave my job and try something new.
Two recurring dreams connect with this - the first involves me driving a car or vehicle of some sort, and I try to stop. I can get to a very slow speed but can't quite get it to stop, and I slowly, gently, crash into something, with a feeling of slight anxiety and worry (I believe this reflects a feeling of being uncertain about the transitional stage of life I'm in......perhaps similar to the earlier post about being swept out to sea).

The second involves work scenarios, where I witness politics. Up until about 3/4 months ago, I would feel anxiety with these dreams; now, while the dreams are visually the same, I feel calm and certain during the dream. I think this shows that I'm aware it's not the place for me, and I'm ok that, and maybe ok with being there until I find something better for me.

It's risky posting dreams here....while I think I understand the meaning they contain, there's always a chance an expert will respond with a true, and embarrassing interpretation!

As an aside, something I find interesting that I thought I'd share, is that any time during a dream when I look at the display on a clock/watch/digital display/road-sign etc, and then take a second look, what I see has completely changed.
I have read that it's a good way to realise you're dreaming and can lead to a lucid dream, but I don't always realise it, even when I see the display has changed.

I have cut out a bunch of substances from my life and increased my ZMA intake and this has led to some really vivid dreams, fortunately the iphone notepad app next to my bedstand made recording them very easy. One of the strangest:

Walking through some city that vaguely resembles my hometown. It seems like I'm trying to get to work on time. Its late afternoon and the sun begins to set. I decide to stop at Shrimp Factory, I'm having a hard time deciding what to buy. For whatever reason, I see an old friend's gf there ahead of me in line. She says hi, we start talking. I see a bunch of my old friends like Bob and I think Chris(names changed for anon). I join them at their table, and get increasingly pissed because my order is taking forever and everyone else got theirs. Finally I walk up to the front and demand my shrimp, everyone that works there gives me the runaround. I find the guy that took my order, he's buried in the ground up to his neck in a crowded part of the restaurant. He apologizes, but I'm so angry at that point that I threaten to kick his head off. My friends walk up and convince me to let it go.

So we leave the shrimp place, I get in I believe Bob's car, and hes got 3 really fine Mexican girls sitting in the back. I remember thinking "thank god I didn't eat those shrimp". Were on our way to a deserted spot off in the boonies of town to drink and frolic. I feel good about whats about to happen, I'm sitting shotgun with Bob. One of the Mexican girls is named Ariadne, shes got a gold necklace with her name written in gold on her neck, and shes flirting and clocking me hard from the backseat. Shes a hard HB7, just your typical petite, sexy Mexican chica.

She blatantly mentions me being hot, I reply with "Ariadne and Honan sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g", her friends giggle hard at this. I decide internally that once we get to the spot I need to play it cool while escalating as hard and fast as I can. Bob seems to be going with it.

We finally arrive in these farmlands on the outskirts of town, its firmly dusk now. Unfortunately there are people present, an old couple fixing their old truck in the exact spot where we want to hang out. We groan for a bit but they're on the way out. Theres like a shitty old patio with rusty overhead scaffolding we decide to sit at. I see Ariadne in the cut, sitting on an old couch with one of her hot friends, and I overhear them talking about me. The last rays of the waning orange sunlight are poking through the horizon at this point. Very good vibes at this point.

I walk up to both of them and tell them to come over and sit with me, that we're making a Honan sandwich. They giggle and comply. They both have that fake Mexican blonde hair with the highlights. I find another old ass couch to sit on with the two girls, and eventually the second girl gets up to mingle and talk with the others. I decide to start escalating with Ariadne and she reciprocates.

She sits on my lap, and says something like "I want to see how you kiss". We start kissing and groping each other, she starts teasing me "Im going to teach you how to kiss". I kiss her better and I can tell she enjoys it. Its full darkness now, peoples' faces are hard to make out. Ariadne and I are having a good time and just messing around like high school kids while the party unfolds around us.

A commotion happens, everyone at the party is looking at something happening off in the hills. I look to see what it is, and its these black "clay people". Im not even sure how to describe it. They looked like they were made from these round, circular dark blocks of clay, as if they were from some early 80's cartoon. They didn't look or act quite human. They were moving in a herd like formation. They passed right in front of our party but didn't even seem to take notice of us. Everyone there was in awe of them, just as bewildered as I was. I began to slowly wave at the "herd" and I woke up.

It was the coolest dream that I remember in quite some time. I have no idea what it meant.

I keep having dreams of my two apparent unborn children. A girl and a boy. The girl's name is Samantha and my son is named Johnathan. They keep asking me when will they be born? I tell them that I do not know. My "daughter" tells me to find mommy soon. (I am in my 30's.)

I also have had a dream since I was younger about a girl and I standing in the bathroom mirror of the house that I grew up in. I can never remember her face. Just that she is thin, about 5'6" and had green eyes and kind of brown hair. I am much younger looking, in the mirror.

My family no longer owns the house. And I had always interpreted that dream to mean it was the girl I was supposed to marry.

But I stopped hoping for that to come true.

For the longest time, I had a really hard time looking green eyed women in the eyes. It would make me want to attack them like a werewolf.

Clearly, I need to spend less time reading the forum. Last night I dreamt that Roosh and one of the members (will remain nameless, posts about Trump) were baking gourmet cookies to honor an ex who had died.

I don't think others can interpret your dreams but you can sometimes do so yourself. Now that I think about it, this one might have something to do with Mrs. Chocolate and/or the photo that traumatized me in the THE "I'M ON MY PERIOD" EXCUSE thread.

I once read a theory about why telling someone your dream is boring for them. There's usually not much they can do to participate in the conversation beyond listening.

I've started having dreams within dreams.

I wake up from a dream into a city I'm not living in, absolutely certain that it's real, but then later I wake up from that. The fact that my brain can handle three levels of reality is unnerving. It makes me wonder why a human brain is able to do that, and if my current level of reality is the true reality.

Sometimes I wake up from my dream into a empty room that is not a dream but not yet reality. Then after a few moment of struggle to open my eyes I finally wake up for good. One time this happened with my eyes open where I could only see my surroundings but not move my body.

Quote: (09-25-2016 08:21 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

I've started having dreams within dreams.

I wake up from a dream into a city I'm not living in, absolutely certain that it's real, but then later I wake up from that. The fact that my brain can handle three levels of reality is unnerving. It makes me wonder why a human brain is able to do that, and if my current level of reality is the true reality.

Sometimes I wake up from my dream into a empty room that is not a dream but not yet reality. Then after a few moment of struggle to open my eyes I finally wake up for good. One time this happened with my eyes open where I could only see my surroundings but not move my body.

Seems like you're having sleep paralysis.