rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dave Mirra dead at 41 of apparent suicide

[Image: Cross-Over-Dave-Mirra-960.jpg]
The 41-year-old Mirra was a fixture of the X Games as the event was gaining traction in the late 1990s and early 2000s. According to the X Games' official website, he won 14 gold, six silver and four bronze medals. The 24 combined medals are the second-most in X Games history behind Bob Burnquist's 27:

In 2011, Mirra retired from competitive BMX events and transitioned to a full-time rally-racing career with Subaru Rally Team USA. In 2008, Mirra earned a bronze medal in rally-car racing at the X Games.

Mirra was also a crossover star, lending his name to the Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX video game series, which spawned four entries. For a short time, he also served as host of MTV's Real World/Road Rules Challenge.

Shortly before his death, Mirra shared a photo of himself and his wife, Lauren:
[Image: mirrafam4.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&strip=all]

RIP
[Image: foto_dave_mirra_04.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

WB

terrible news. That guy was a sports legend, who can go from a bmx career to rally racing?

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

besides tony hawk he is one of the figures that brought extreme sports to the hood ....r.i.p

Talk about a guy who had a lot going on. Sports legend, two daughters, industry respect, 15 million net worth - wonder what the problem was.

And Steve-O is still alive...

Something went terribly wrong here, he had all positive signs.

Not sure if it had to do with his wife, maybe a divorce in the works ? Mental issues? Drugs ?

Something doesn't sit well with me here.

Quote: (02-05-2016 01:47 AM)kaotic Wrote:  

Not sure if it had to do with his wife, maybe a divorce in the works ? Mental issues? Drugs ?

Something doesn't sit well with me here.

I agree. I hope we get some answers.

Mirra was a living legend. R.I.P.

Quote: (02-04-2016 11:29 PM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

Talk about a guy who had a lot going on. Sports legend, two daughters, industry respect, 15 million net worth - wonder what the problem was.

My first thought was CTE. I owe that to seeing that mediocre Will Smith movie, 'Concussion', two weeks ago. Some media members are also bringing it up. It would fit seeing as how he probably suffered many concussions throughout his action sports career. Really sad.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/act.../79869822/

Quote:USA Today Wrote:

Greenville mayor Allen Thomas mentioned at the news conference that Mirra — like many action sports stars — took several big hits in his career. He hinted that Mirra could have suffered from the debilitating brain disease chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), which has affected numerous NFL players. Depression and lack of impulse control are a couple of the symptoms linked to CTE.

Quote: (02-05-2016 01:21 PM)PatStanley Wrote:  

Quote: (02-04-2016 11:29 PM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

My first thought was CTE. I owe that to seeing that mediocre Will Smith movie, 'Concussion', two weeks ago. Some media members are also bringing it up. It would fit seeing as how he probably suffered many concussions throughout his action sports career. Really sad.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/act.../79869822/

Quote:USA Today Wrote:

Greenville mayor Allen Thomas mentioned at the news conference that Mirra — like many action sports stars — took several big hits in his career. He hinted that Mirra could have suffered from the debilitating brain disease chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), which has affected numerous NFL players. Depression and lack of impulse control are a couple of the symptoms linked to CTE.

Maybe.

Did anyone see the Travis Pastrana show about doing a triple backflip on a motorcycle? He had to drop out because, when practicing, he can't even take a medium landing in an airbag without blacking out.

If CTE is the killer everyone's claiming (I have doubts), Travis will be next.

Regarding CTE:

There's a LOT of money at stake when any famous person kills themselves. If they can blame a disease, they can get insurance to pay off and secure the person's reputation (and future revenue).

It's why overdoses are always called "accidental", as if taking 20 pills when the bottle says take 1 is an accident. Junior Seau's family immediately tried to blame CTE, saying that he didn't have the ability to process logical thoughts. Yet, there was no indication of that in other areas of his life. Tony Scott's family tried to claim he had brain cancer even though the coroner said there was no evidence of it during the autopsy. The list goes on...

CTE? So, is this going be excuse for every professional athlete now? It's unfortunate what happened to him, but it could very well be a natural form of depression, troubles with wife, or just a fucked up thought cycle that manifested.

This news really bummed me out. I remember playing his video games back when I was a kid and fucking around on my bike in the backyard. CTE was also the first thought that jumped into my head, but who the hell knows.

I bought a BMX bike when I was younger because I wanted to be able to do the tricks he could pull off. Was never able to do anything cool with the exception of a barspin. Sucks to see a legend go so soon.

Reporter: What keeps you awake at night?
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

OKC Data Sheet

Fuck.... One year since his...
R.I.P.
I will never forget you, Dave.

Quote: (02-04-2016 11:00 PM)topshotta Wrote:  

besides tony hawk he is one of the figures that brought extreme sports to the hood ....r.i.p

Lol my cousins in the hood in tuscalosa were fuckin hyped when I brought my gamecube and tony hawks pro skater over during winter break

Quote: (02-05-2016 01:47 AM)kaotic Wrote:  

Quote: (02-04-2016 10:12 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Shortly before his death, Mirra shared a photo of himself and his wife, Lauren:
[Image: mirrafam4.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&strip=all]

Something was definitely wrong. not the look of a man who has everything right in his life.

Attraction and passion are non-negotiable

Damn this is weak.
Watched all the X Games when I was a teenager and remember being stoked to see what insane move Dave Mirra was going to bust out next.
Guy was an extreme innovator.
Me and my crew of boys BMX every summer from morning to night trying to be like this dude.

Hoping this had nothing to do with Oneitis.

It doesn't matter what fame and money you have.... it's all about your inner game!

Quote: (02-05-2017 01:39 AM)easternwomenrule Wrote:  

It doesn't matter what fame and money you have.... it's all about your inner game!

Truth. He might have also suffered from depression. A lot of people have behind the scenes struggles and don't know how to get help if they get in a funk. It just becomes a spiral until it is too late, because you're dead. That's why family and friends should always look out for signs of depression and help before it gets too far out of hand. I don't know if it was depression, but there's a good chance it played a role.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

This is another sad story about divorce. Truthfully I am not surprised T Hawk didn't do the same thing with all the woman drama he has endured. Choose wisely fellas.

CTE shouldn't be underestimated. Junior Seau was mentioned in post #9 and his case shows that - until recently concussion wasn't even taken seriously. The league has for many years sidestepped the issue, because of the bottom line. It's been obstructive too. That's why in-helmet sensors weren't rolled out as anticipated. The biggest thing they want to avoid right now is everyone knowing how many times players are getting struck on the head, and with how much force. this is because it's actually repeated hits to the head that cause brain injury without outward signs of brain injury , that are the cause of CTE. Forget concussions. The number of concussions is actually relatively low. Yet the NFL has cleverly placed ALL the focus on concussions, so it seems that more is being done for player safety. When more concussions are reported everyone feels warm and fuzzy because it looks like more is being done and awareness is growing. However imagine the public and fans knowing via sensors how many times each player gets hit on the head (by another player or through head contact with the playing surface) . So imagine player Y got 5 hits on the head in one game with a cumulative X amount of Newton metres worth of force. You could even add up how many Newton metres of force his head was subjected to in a season or over a career.
Obviously this would be extremely bad for the business , the sport's image and would probably hurt participation rates and maybe even viewership. It would also be a disadvantage to the league in brain injury litigation as Stats don't lie. The league is kicking the can down the road when it comes to the repetitive sub-concussive brain injury issue and link to CTE. Remember that CTE is unlike other more common degenerative brain diseases. There needs to be repeated brain injury. It doesn't occur out of thin air. A couple of concussions a season mean nothing. BUT most players have plenty of impacts to the head every season, in practices and in games. It all adds up.
The NFL has been accused of using some of the same tactics the tobacco industry used in the 20th century, such as obfuscation, denial and selective funding of research. And clearly they avoid implementing measures that can make a difference immediately, such as the on-helmet sensors, or phasing out helmets themselves so that players can't be reckless.

I unfortunately just lost another friend to suicide, age 32, a couple months ago. That's on the heals of two others, one of which was a previous HS basketball star, popular, plenty of girls around him, who decided to end it by jumping off the Golden Gate bridge.

There was a common theme with all three. They were on prescription meds. One was bipolar, the others two depressed off and on but I spent time looking into the connection between prescription meds and suicide. There is a strong connection. One of the side effects for depression meds is increased suicidal thoughts(which opens a large can of worms). My research also led me down the path of all the school shootings and the guy who uncovered that 90%+ of those responsible were on various SSRI's, various meds. When that guy published that study he was found dead within weeks(another conspiracy on the topic).

I'm not suggesting a bad reaction to meds is responsible here but am suggesting it's a legitimate option. Medications have completely fucked the minds of those who gladly partake in the candy handed out by doctors across this country. Worse is how the meds interact, which can be fatal and killed yet another friend of mine a few years back who died in his sleep. A scary number of people are taking multiple medications where there's little history on the short and long term effects of the combinations. Yet look at this younger generation and they're the most mentally unstable I've ever seen. We all probably know a few people who were put on meds in school or at various stages in their lives who completely changed.

Is that all connected? Maybe, maybe not. But when otherwise healthy and seemingly successful people end up offing themselves, I'd suggest the sharp increase in medications over the last decade plus is the most ignored possibility, especially in the MSM. Why?

Enormous money.

Quote: (02-05-2017 04:35 PM)rainy Wrote:  

I unfortunately just lost another friend to suicide, age 32, a couple months ago. That's on the heals of two others, one of which was a previous HS basketball star, popular, plenty of girls around him, who decided to end it by jumping off the Golden Gate bridge.

There was a common theme with all three. They were on prescription meds. One was bipolar, the others two depressed off and on but I spent time looking into the connection between prescription meds and suicide. There is a strong connection. One of the side effects for depression meds is increased suicidal thoughts(which opens a large can of worms). My research also led me down the path of all the school shootings and the guy who uncovered that 90%+ of those responsible were on various SSRI's, various meds. When that guy published that study he was found dead within weeks(another conspiracy on the topic).

I'm not suggesting a bad reaction to meds is responsible here but am suggesting it's a legitimate option. Medications have completely fucked the minds of those who gladly partake in the candy handed out by doctors across this country. Worse is how the meds interact, which can be fatal and killed yet another friend of mine a few years back who died in his sleep. A scary number of people are taking multiple medications where there's little history on the short and long term effects of the combinations. Yet look at this younger generation and they're the most mentally unstable I've ever seen. We all probably know a few people who were put on meds in school or at various stages in their lives who completely changed.

Speaking as someone with experience in managing and suffering mental health issues of other's and my own, Pysch meds are not 100% foolproof or effective. One person can respond to medication, while other does not for example is common thing in psychiatry. Other example is people can over time become resistant to the medication as the body start to adapt, thus lessening the effects of medication. Medicine and science in general do not have complete understanding of the human brain. This lack of knowledge combine with each person being different bag of biochemical reactions make management of mental illness a trickier one.

The problem with those suffering mental health issues in today's society is emotional and mental health of out general population is declining. People do not proper support to develop into resilient individual as social engineering has run a muck with single mothers, lack of patriarchy, and bunch of fucking Panglosses saying the world is great.

Hence the Game is becoming number one threapy in dealing with mental health issues in men.