rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Defusing your own friend

Defusing your own friend

Hi all,

It can be tough going out with one of my best friends. The guy has model looks and it fawned upon by nearly every girl when we go out. It's ridiculous. His game revolves around playing his looks. Almost never approaches, chicks come to him, he does okay.

To explain where I am getting frustrated, I will describe what happened tonight. It actually worked out well for me! However I still felt like 2nd choice.

I approach some girl, and she's happily responsive, but then she notices my friend standing in the background. She continues to converse with me but when she notices my friend she just stares at him and won't stop. I turn my back and start talking to this other girl. The original girl goes and opens my friend and they start talking. Me and new girl talk. She's cool. Then she says "your friend took your girl huh?" "hm?" "you were talking to her and then she went to him"...

I open another girl a bit later and within 20 seconds she says "when are you gonna introduce me to your hot friend?". I simply turn to the side and she ends up intiaiting conversation with me again (maybe this is the play...). I actually get her number shortly thereafter. I'm pretty sure her mom was with her, which is pretty funny. At least some older woman was there with her. Anyway part of me still feels like I was just the backup plan.

My friend quickly screws up original chick. She comes back to me basically telling me that he's lame. I hang with him but he leaves shortly thereafter. I end up spending the next hour hanging with original chick, we vibe well, and I grab her number.

I have better game than my friend, but I feel like girls always give him the first shot because of his looks. Tonight the end result was okay, but there are other nights when the girl that I approach will just cling to my friend.

Does anyone have tips on how I can improve this situation? He's a great friend of mine and I plan to hang out with him.

Defusing your own friend

Go out alone.

Split up at the bar then just touch base if you find a group of girls.

Find a group of 2 girls. This isn't hard. Most girls don't go out alone.

Defusing your own friend

Don't go out with him for girls. It sounds like he's good looking but has no game. He's just gonna (unwittingly) sabotage you the entire time if he really is model-level aesthetics.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Defusing your own friend

Quote: (01-30-2016 03:30 AM)redonion Wrote:  

It can be tough going out with one of my best friends. The guy has model looks and it fawned upon by nearly every girl when we go out. It's ridiculous. His game revolves around playing his looks. Almost never approaches, chicks come to him, he does okay.

I've got a mate like this, and it shits me.

Sometimes you can feed off the scraps he leaves, or hit up his targets uglier friends...

But who wants to play second fiddle?

Time to get another wingman or head out alone.

Defusing your own friend

Sounds like the more you hang out with him, the more you'll be forced to develop your game. That's not such a bad thing, especially if you enjoy hanging out with him.