rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Italian govt covers up nude statues in Rome for Iranian visit

Just found out about this on my latin news feed and searched for an english press equivalent,the gaydian of course came up

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ja...de-statues

Am i exaggerating or is this some sort of cartoonish cultural surrender?
There is symbolism a plenty for those so inclined

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

[Image: e12.png]

Cuckians not Italians.

I maintain that the use of panels was both racially and culturally insensitive.

The male nudes should have been covered in thawbs (Arabic robes). And the female nudes should have been covered in burkas.

Quote: (01-26-2016 06:07 PM)iop890 Wrote:  

[Image: e12.png]

Damn! This image is mild and yet very harsh. You must have been saving this for right moment.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

I don't see a big deal. They're conservative Muslims and guests in Italy. Assuming the Iranians are visiting that site, I think it was the polite thing to do.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

[Image: attachment.jpg29480]   

Catholic Trolling

Quote: (01-26-2016 08:01 PM)kleyau Wrote:  

Catholic Trolling

10/10 troll job, but god those women are ugly. They look 50+ with thighs of thunder.

Non-story in my opinion. They do that kind of stuff for visiting dignitaries all the time.

Although the article I read contained this interesting big.
Quote:Quote:

In accordance with protocols governing visits by Muslim dignitaries, alcohol was not served at a dinner hosted in Rouhani's honor. As noted last year by the Washington Post, the Iranians apparently did not receive similar dispensation during an earlier visit to France, whose government balked at the notion of hosting an official dinner without wine.

On a more sober note,I would agree that there is politeness involved and no need for unneccesary provocation but the reaosn I see it as more a coaxing strategy or a sign of weakness is that the effort is not reciprocated. Some family of mine married into diplomacy and the femalefolk had to adopt the customs and dress codes when oustide their living quarters,which is fine and expectaböe according to the old adage "when in rome". However in this case I cannot help but find it suspicious,then again who am I to question millenia of italian political manuevering knowledge.

As for catholic trolling I would request permission to turn into an image,You simply have to admire a man who ín his modest presentation but undefeatabilty survived and trolled back several governments that tried to take him down in his previous station.

In accordance with protocols governing visits by Muslim dignitaries, alcohol was not served at a dinner hosted in Rouhani's honor. As noted last year by the Washington Post, the Iranians apparently did not receive similar dispensation during an earlier visit to France, whose government balked at the notion of hosting an official dinner without wine

[Image: pimp.gif]

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

Its not a two way street when dealing with Muslim countries. Be proud of your culture and art. If they are offended. Too bad. Shame shame shame.

That article in the link reads like something out of The Onion: "On Tuesday, he had a private meeting with Pope Francis and other top church officials where the two leaders held “cordial” talks, the Vatican said, adding that the two men shared “common spiritual values”."

Just the latest bout of European self-flagellation.

This is an interesting development IMO. The dynamic is changing as the relationship between Iran and the West warms. I predict they will become allies, in an attempt to shut out Russia from Iran's massive oil and gas supply.

Remember, Iranians are Persians, not Arabs. I know many and they are generally peaceful, well educated and secular. They are also extremely proud and passionate. They blend in well with Americans. Arabs on the other hand, generally speaking of course, are the opposite (I have several Arab friends at well). Saudi Arabia is failing. The future lies in Iran.

Interesting times.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Quote: (01-27-2016 06:13 PM)RIslander Wrote:  

This is an interesting development IMO. The dynamic is changing as the relationship between Iran and the West warms. I predict they will become allies, in an attempt to shut out Russia from Iran's massive oil and gas supply.

Russia doesn't actually need Iran's resources its an energy exporting country too. This is all just geopolitical maneuvering.

Cozying up with Iran a bit is a short term play to loosen up China and Russia's alliance with Shiites. I don't really believe for a second that the major western powers really want to ally with Iran though. This goes directly against the will of Israel and there's too much infrastructure built up in Turkey and the gulf arab countries to diminish that in favor of new global policy allying with Shiites.

The west has already gone full cuck with Sunni Islam and the resulting extremist consequences that we see now.

Quote: (01-27-2016 06:22 PM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

The west has already gone full cuck with Sunni Islam and the resulting extremist consequences that we see now.

You can't put the entire west in one basket. America-France-Britain will likely still be backing the sunni's but will still allow their corporations to bid in Iran. Other western countries such as Italy are salivating over the opportunity of getting access to a 80 million consumer market that has one of the largest oil reserves in the world.

There are already big bankers in the US shorting Saudi Arabia as the opening up of Iran will likely accelerate their downfall.

Quote: (01-27-2016 06:22 PM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

Cozying up with Iran a bit is a short term play to loosen up China and Russia's alliance with Shiites. I don't really believe for a second that the major western powers really want to ally with Iran though. This goes directly against the will of Israel and there's too much infrastructure built up in Turkey and the gulf arab countries to diminish that in favor of new global policy allying with Shiites.

[Image: e5c9340c030c629d97302af0087aa59c576fcfb11.jpg]

Iran and China agree closer ties after sanctions ease

Iran and China have pledged closer economic and political ties after talks in Tehran between the two presidents.

China's Xi Jinping is one of the first world leaders to visit Iran since international sanctions were lifted.

[b]The two leaders signed 17 agreements on a range of issues from energy to boosting trade to $600bn (£420bn).

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said he and Mr Xi had signed a "comprehensive 25-year document" on strategic relations.

They also discussed terrorism, instability in the Middle East, as well as "science, modern technology, culture, tourism... security and defence issues," President Rouhani said on Iranian TV.

President Xi is also due to meet Iran's Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei during his 24-hour visit.

He is the first Chinese president to visit Tehran in over a decade.

International sanctions on Iran were lifted last week after it agreed to roll back the scope of its nuclear activities.

China is Iran's biggest trading partner and both countries are hoping the strong relationship will continue in Iran's new post-sanction era, the BBC's Farhana Dawood reports.

Remember, Iranians are Persians, not Arabs. I know many and they are generally peaceful, well educated and secular. They are also extremely proud and passionate. They blend in well with Americans. Arabs on the other hand, generally speaking of course, are the opposite (I have several Arab friends at well). Saudi Arabia is failing. The future lies in Iran.

Interesting times.

Most Iranians in the west are secular and are not representative the people in Iran. Los Angeles has a lot of Iranians who are atheist or Jewish for example..

How has Iran managed to have Islamic governments since 1979? There must be some religious people there...

Interesting times.

As an Iranian, I agree. Also most people in Tehran are not religious and want our supreme leader to fuck off and want Iran to become non Islamic (as in not forced upon).

Most Iranians I know inside and outside of Iran could not give 2 fucks about the shia shiek getting executed in saudia arabia. Infact, some found it amusing

Quote: (01-27-2016 06:39 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

Most Iranians in the west are secular and are not representative the people in Iran. Los Angeles has a lot of Iranians who are atheist or Jewish for example..

How has Iran managed to have Islamic governments since 1979? There must be some religious people there...

Very few dictatorships, theocracies, monarchies and even democracies have stood by the best interests of their citizens.

And the poster above me is correct. Most urban, young Iranians are as religious as your average American: Celebrate holidays and traditions with maybe an occasional journey to the Mosque. They have their dedicated religious types just like the US.

They dropped serious $$$ on Italy so it's understandable they are treating them like a customer. You just have to bend over for them since they give you money.

But I don't understand regular muslims asking special treatments when they are living abroad. (eg: asking for praying time at work)

[quote] (01-27-2016 06:39 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

[quote='El Chinito loco' pid='1203876' dateline='1453936959']

The west has already gone full cuck with Sunni Islam and the resulting extremist consequences that we see now.[/quote]

[Image: e5c9340c030c629d97302af0087aa59c576fcfb11.jpg]

Iran and China agree closer ties after sanctions ease

[quote]Quote:

[b]Iran and China have pledged closer economic and political ties after talks in Tehran between the two presidents. [/quote]

These ties with Iran scare the hell out of western neo-con policy makers and E.U. globalists who have been trying their hardest to split shiites into manageable factions and keep central asia, China, and russia from forming into a massive alliance. Trying to split the relationship is apparently not working, heh

Keep in mind though Iran and China have always maintained a very close relationship. Even before lifted sanctions China had all kinds of secret backchannel dealings with Iran. Historically this has always been true too and China never had the animus that Rome did with the Persians. It's probably the longest running friendly relationship in history between two fairly different cultures.

China and Russia's energy interests are also closer now than ever too and they cut long term energy deals with buddy discounts.

Russia, Iran, and China's geopolitical interests line up so closely together it would be suicide for them to break away at this point.

70% of the population of Iran was born after the revolution; it is extremely young, so they are generally all irreligious and secular/Muslim-in-name-only. I'd say about 80% of the remaining 30% of the population has become jaded and cynical as fuck with the state of the theocracy, so they are also heavily in favor of having a secular government similar to that of Turkey.

Generally, you have to look very hard to find highly religious people; they are typically 60+, working class, and live in remote villages. The fucks you probably see as "religious" shouting "Death to America" have all been brainwashed by the Ayatollah, so they don't count.

Check out the Rich Kids of Tehran Instagram/Tumblr. Every other picture shows bikini-clad girls, "underground" parties, stashes of hard liquor, etc. They represent the elite .001% of Iran; they are the sons and daughters of the mullahs, and they are the only people who got to live like that underneath the crippling sanctions. These are the people who are next in line, and you can bet your ass that after a few years of reintroduction to the global market that the repressed Iranians are going to become even more hedonistic. Moreover, the moderates (President Rouhani, Foreign Minister Zarif) in Iran are winning left and right recently and have full support of 99% of the intrinsically Westernized population. I'd give the mullahs about a decade before they get ousted.

"Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest- and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure, it's not your fault" -Donald Trump

Think it will take longer mate, simply because they are too fucking powerful, and we cant exactly elect a supreme leader. Also whilst men in tehran are changing for the good, the people in shitty little cities like tabriz and mashad are still brainwashed.

Quote: (01-27-2016 07:41 PM)masoud_akbari Wrote:  

Think it will take longer mate, simply because they are too fucking powerful, and we cant exactly elect a supreme leader. Also whilst men in tehran are changing for the good, the people in shitty little cities like tabriz and mashad are still brainwashed.

Funny, the stereotype in Iran about Tabrizi people is that they're extremely liberal/stupid. Most jokes about Tabrizis can be simplified down to "a Tabrizi guy walks in on his wife fucking another guy but is completely oblivious/unaffected by the situation".

(Source: my dad, a repository of jokes and stereotypes of the many ethnic groups within Iran)

Quote: (01-26-2016 08:13 PM)Habano Wrote:  

Quote: (01-26-2016 08:01 PM)kleyau Wrote:  

Catholic Trolling

10/10 troll job, but god those women are ugly. They look 50+ with thighs of thunder.

Most great painters were probably [Image: gay.gif]

Few seem to have a genuine appreciation of the female form, correct me if I'm wrong? Picasso doesn't count because he doesn't have a sense of form at all.