rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

Lemmy, Bowie and now Glenn Frey

http://www.tmz.com/2016/01/18/glenn-frey...gles-dead/

Age 67.

Take care of those titties for me.

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

Dude what the fuck, this is one of the worst years in music for deaths.

It's only the MIDDLE OF JANUARY.

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

Quote: (01-18-2016 06:25 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

These guys were all tickling 70. Not a good age when you spent your 20s-30s drinking, shooting and snorting.

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

Pretty sad news, I have enjoyed their music as a collective for decades

Frey sang lead on some great songs that help provide the soundtrack to some of my childhood

Check their documentary that aired on Showtime a few years back, makes you appreciate their vibe even more.

MDP

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

He made some great music.

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

Quote: (01-18-2016 06:30 PM)MY DETROIT PLAYAS Wrote:  

Pretty sad news, I have enjoyed their music as a collective for decades

Frey sang lead on some great songs that help provide the soundtrack to some of my childhood

Check their documentary that aired on Showtime a few years back, makes you appreciate their vibe even more.

Yeah I got interested in the Eagles after watching that documentary. I thought Frey (from Detroit) came off as a prick in it though. Henley was much more talented, but I think it took Frey's ambitiousness and ruthlessness to make them the success they became.

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

Kind of a red pill song:

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

I'm a lot younger than most fans of The Eagles I reckon, but they've been one of my favorites since my childhood. I have all of their studio albums. I remember getting Long Road Out of Eden for Christmas in sixth grade. For years I had hoped they would make one more album. They might bring Don Felder, Randy Meisner and Bernie Leadon back (anything's possible), but it just won't be the same without Glenn Frey.

RIP

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

Quote: (01-18-2016 06:35 PM)Dusty Wrote:  

Kind of a red pill song:

Kind of red pill? This is a song about 10's of millions of failed marriages and relationships in America. Red pill as fuck and a warning to all idealistic young hearts.

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

One of my favorite songs:

Man helped create some beautiful music. RIP.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

Apparently bedded so many hot women he was known in his day as "The Warren Beatty of Rock'n'Roll." Definitely lived a full life. Shame he died this early, but like Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys, you can't say the guy didn't live.

For my money, the best song he wrote was "Most of Us Are Sad," a solo composition from the Eagles' debut album. Bassist Randy Meisner sang lead but it's a Frey song.

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

It's kind of like plane crashes. These things usually come in threes

- One planet orbiting a star. Billions of stars in the galaxy. Billions of galaxies in the universe. Approach.

#BallsWin

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

delete

- One planet orbiting a star. Billions of stars in the galaxy. Billions of galaxies in the universe. Approach.

#BallsWin

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

Quote: (01-18-2016 07:12 PM)robreke Wrote:  

There's been a few other deaths also, like The Specials Drummer who died at very end of Dec. John Bradbury, Natalie Cole died right on Dec 31st also.

I think I'm missing one more.

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

Quote: (01-18-2016 06:35 PM)Dusty Wrote:  

Kind of a red pill song:

I always break this out when I take broads to the KTV.

That and Desperado.

Cap it off with Tears in Heaven or sappy ole Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton and they don't know what the fuck to think. Haha

Moving on, RIP.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

Quote: (01-18-2016 07:16 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

There's been a few other deaths also, like The Specials Drummer who died at very end of Dec. John Bradbury, Natalie Cole died right on Dec 31st also.

Yeah, to be sure many musicians die each year. It seems like there's usually a "big three" for some reason though and then the slightly lesser knowns.

1980 stands out for me. The big three were John Lennon, Jon Bonham and Bon Scott.

I always remembered it because I'm a fan of the Beatles, Zeppelin and AC/DC

#BallsWin

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

Could everyone be quiet for just...one...second.
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

Start getting used to the rock'n'roll deaths - from here on out, it will be a brutal cull. Unlike movie stars who are more spread out in age, the big stars of the classic rock era were born in a cluster and will be reaching old age and death in a cluster. Lemmy, Bowie and Frey were all 69-70 and that age is basically the vanguard of "old age" death.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

[Image: attachment.jpg29399]   

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

Quote: (01-18-2016 07:16 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Allen Toussaint? That was a bummer. Died in November of a heart attack while on tour in Europe at 77 (New Orleans piano legend who wrote dozens of songs including "Southern Nights", "Working In a Coal Mine", and produced Patti LaBelle's "Lady Marmalade".)

"Make a little music everyday 'til you die"

Voice teacher here. If you ever need help with singing, speech and diction, accent improvement/reduction, I'm your man.

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

Quote:Quote:

We're told the cause of death was a combination of complications from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis, and pneumonia.

He had Crohn's disease, right?

Did he get a C Diff infection? It's becoming an epidemic and it's already resistant to the first and (in about half the cases) second line of drugs.

People just think they have bad diarrhea and don't realize their colon already has a hole in it. Infection spreads and it can be lights out.

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

Damn someone already beat me to the Seinfeld reference so I'm gonna have to Big Lebowski it.

I hate the fucking eagles, man.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

Quote: (01-18-2016 11:25 PM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

We're told the cause of death was a combination of complications from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis, and pneumonia.

He had Crohn's disease, right?

Did he get a C Diff infection? It's becoming an epidemic and it's already resistant to the first and (in about half the cases) second line of drugs.

People just think they have bad diarrhea and don't realize their colon already has a hole in it. Infection spreads and it can be lights out.

I don't know, but I was thinking before all this that he was aging very poorly and did not look healthy.

[Image: 467983542.jpg]

[Image: 29206576.cms]

Contrast with Bruce Springsteen who is just one year younger:

[Image: bruce-springsteen-in-2012.jpg?w=775]

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

Quote: (01-18-2016 11:37 PM)Dusty Wrote:  

I don't know, but I was thinking before all this that he was aging very poorly and did not look healthy.

[Image: 467983542.jpg]

At least he kept his hair. I have a fraternity brother who was balding at 19.

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

it took Frey's ambitiousness and ruthlessness to make them the success they became.

Agreed. Frey was surrounded by rock-n-roll egos, but he was an alpha among them. He was laser-focused on the success of the Eagles over anything else. Yes, he came off as a dick in the documentary, but I respect his drive and determination to make the Eagles succeed.

One of my favorite Frey stories is the backstage meltdown with Randy Meisner after a big show, Dallas I think, 1977. The Eagles always closed the show with Meisner's "Take It To the Limit," an anthemic crowd favorite. But, it required the shy Meisner to perform vocal acrobatics, and this night, Meisner had the flu, and refused to sing it (and hated being told by Frey he had to sing it).

Frey confronted him backstage, told him 20,000 fans paid bucks to hear him sing it, and if he didn't he was out of the band. Meisner ran to a limo and was out of the band.

Yes, Henley was the more gifted voice and musician, but Frey was the driving force in that band, and he wrote some classic songs. I'm sad he got sick and couldn't receive his Kennedy Center honors.

RIP.