rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Friend Game

Friend Game

As I've said in previous posts, I'm not very sociable, and have no friends. I thin it might be a good idea to prioritize making friends and building an attractive lifestyle before focusing on girls. So...yeah. Where do I start??

Well, Throughout the years, there have been coworkers and people met at videogame stores and whatnot that I have a lot in common with, and would make good friends, but I can't seem to get past the "Coworker frame" or the "Customer frame." I've got some on facebook, and some I've got their phone number (Hey, let's hang out sometimes, do some gaming, whatever) but it never really goes anywhere... I've got a new facebook friend, but that doesn't really count...

Friend Game

Don't take this the wrong way mate, but nerds you meet at the videogame store aren't usually the best wingmen for the kind of guy I think you want to be.

Join a gym, and join a club doing something interesting and manly. Archery, shooting, a local militia, whatever. Also join a club doing something 'artsy' where there will be females. Yoga is good.

Then invite people from all these different clubs back to your three bedroom house, stick some tunes on the stereo, light the barbie (what country are you in?), and PARTY. Next time anyone who attended your party throws a party there's a good chance you'll be invited. You make a new group of friends, rinse and repeat.

Oh, and have your sis do the dishes if she hasn't moved out.

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

Friend Game

Use meetup.com or internations.org and attend events in your city. I have made great FRIENDS from those networks. Now trying to pick-up girls with those is another story...

Friend Game

I've tried something like that before, and it's the details that get me. Should I buy the beer/food/MJ for everyone? or BYOB? What music should I play? what should be entertainment?

When first meeting someone who's more sociable than me, should I be trying to work toward a frame to get them to invite me to hang with them? How would I do that? I think it would be weird to ask... a lot of people, they have their own circle that they hang out with every day (or nearly every day). To get them to depart from that to go with a new guy who they don't really know that well might be hard to do...

Friend Game

You put high emphasis on what others want and what to do in order to make them happy.

What do you want to do? If it isn't taboo in your culture to have byob, do that and just have a bunch of beer in the bath tub in addition.

As far as being interesting to others, I've said this somewhere else. Be interested in others. Ask them questions. Be interested in them for the purpose of qualifying them to figure out if YOU WANT to hang with them, not the other way around. Don't talk about yourself too much unless you have to. Even then, throw bait, Roosh style.

With confidence and repetition, you wI'll have friends soon.

Friend Game

Quote: (01-17-2016 07:46 PM)Cobra Wrote:  

You put high emphasis on what others want and what to do in order to make them happy.

What do you want to do? If it isn't taboo in your culture to have byob, do that and just have a bunch of beer in the bath tub in addition.

As far as being interesting to others, I've said this somewhere else. Be interested in others. Ask them questions. Be interested in them for the purpose of qualifying them to figure out if YOU WANT to hang with them, not the other way around. Don't talk about yourself too much unless you have to. Even then, throw bait, Roosh style.

With confidence and repetition, you wI'll have friends soon.

Great point, Cobra.

I'm anti-social as fuck but after years and years of dead leads and rejection, I've started to find ways to make friends and really enjoy my social circles.

I used to have a hard time getting people to include me.

Then I hard a hard time getting people to accept me.

When I eventually made some friends, I wasn't happy hanging out with them.

Later, I was able to get people to like me and accept me, but I didn't really like them.

Finally, I've come to like myself a lot more, and develop more meaningful relationships. It's a process.

Per Ardua Ad Astra | "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum"

Cobra and I did some awesome podcasts with awesome fellow members.