rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Slovakia - Bratislava - My Trip Report

Well I've been checking out this forum for a while and also enjoying the golden nuggets from Roosh reports.

I've been to Bratislava in 2015 and this is my report about the field there. So this is a trip report of an old trip.

I'm a brazillian world traveller, I've been everywhere from Tokyo to Buenos Aires to Bangkok. I lived 1 year in Sydney, Australia, lived 5 years in Los Angeles, USA and I've kind of lived in UK when I was a kid. I'm 29, and I've had my good amount of flags around the world (but I don't consider myself a ladies man... I get lucky, have some understanding of pickup).

NOW.

Here's the deal about Eastern Europe, if you haven't gone there... GO. I cannot reccomend it enough. I've been around the world, but the amount of quality girls there is quite insane (it's like nowhere else).

SO. Let's talk about Bratislava.

It's quite an interesting city, it's not your usual tourist spot, it's not as crazy packed with tourist as Prague or Budapest, there's not that much sightseeing to do, but because of that girls seemed way more impressed with my foreigner status... and also with my latin looks (actually it was my first time ever having girls treat me like a celebrity/super hot dude).

My experience in Bratislava is that girls are friendly, they hardly ever rejected me and a lot of times when they did it was just the usual "Sorry, no speak english" or just the *CONFUSED* I-can't-understand look.

I went to visit a Brazillian friend of mine that lives there. He has an apartment in quite a nice area. So that was also working in my advantage, it was a big apartment and he told me he was paying very little for it.

My Brazillian friend had a hot Slovakian girlfriend BUT she was back at her parents place in another city, studying for her university finals. So my friend went out with me to pick up chicks too (although he confesses it's quite dangerous, cause it's kind of a small community. He once was trying to pick up one of her best friends, and that almost screwed his relationship...)

So first night my friend took me to a College bar, extremely cheap beer, it was like 1.50 euros for a pint (comparing to Oslo where you pay like 5-7 euros for beer in a club.. it's crazy cheap)

In the College bar (which I don't know the name) I could first start noticing the slovakian talent... good looking chicks everywhere. When I went to grab a beer an slovakian hotty said something to me in her language, and than smiled and walked back to her table while eye-fucking me... she could have cursed me, or said I was hot. I said hello, but she acted like she couldn't hear me. Who knows. It did get me excited for the night though.

After the bar my friend took me to this Club in the College area, the club was one called Vysokoškolský klub Elam, it was close to his home. It was quite weird, underground kind of club full of college girls.

When I arrived at Vysokoškolský klub I didn't know what to expect, it had been a long time since I last tried to pick up a chick in a club, so I got myself started with some shots and quite a lot of beers and I finally approached a girl that was bored out of her mind... she light up like a christmas candle.

First girl I talked to in Slovakia and she was super into me. So we talked and I finally got her to dance. While I was dancing with her, some guys from the club were telling her some stuff in Slovakian and she said "They are saying you are gay. But don't worry... they're just jealous". The dudes were trying to cockblock me... but they were failing.

Well... unfortunately the girls starts telling me she has a boyfriend, but it's complicated, so I heard that as a "maybe". So I went for it quite a few times, and even got a kiss, but couldn't get her to go home with me... so no ONS for me. All I could hear from her was "I have a boyfriend"

Also. Her english wasn't 100%, she could understand like 65-70% of what I was saying. That was kind of a problem in some areas in Bratislava. But you have no problem getting some girls to speak with you in broken english.

So first day no flags.

Second day in Slovakia, I had a chill day with my friend. He actually invited some of his other friends, so we went out with like five people. First we went to The Dubliner a very famous irish pub around there. And after that we went to another bar (which I can't recall the name) to drink 8 Absynth shots, and who-know-how-many vodka shots.

By the time I got to the club with them I was not so drunk, we went to Nu Spirit Club. A lot of hotties, it's more of a fancy people's club, but it was full of hotties. My friend was trying to pickup a girl from Latvia, I was trying to pickup an Slovakia hottie. I think I talked to like 10 girls, but nothing was really happening.

By the end of the night I lost sight of my friend, the one I was staying with, so I was trying to call him. After some time waiting on the door of the club he finally shows up, we talk for a bit, as we are preparing to go back home we meet 3 chicks just walking around (they seem to be looking for some fun).

One of the girls jumps to my face and starts saying "Your lips are really... (pause)... hot". Now it's ON. I get close to her, she starts pulling back. We banter for a bit, and my friend says we're going to his place for an after-party.

At this point we have the perfect situation. It's my friend, his friend and me and 3 hotties. There was a hot 7.5 blonde, the girls that was talking to me was a 7 and there was this other chick who was a 6.5.

So we all end up getting into a cab going to my friend's place. I thought it was funny that the girls was talking about getting ice cream, when we were in the front of the club, so my friend was saying "There's ice cream in my place... let's go".

It was a nice experience.

When we got to the apartment, each guy went to his bedroom, the chick that was with me starting playing game, playing hard to get, so I had to be the alpha male and just handle the objections. As it turns out this girl was not wearing any panties. So... happy ending I finally got my Slovakian flag.

The third day we met a Brazillian girl my friend met in the embassy in Bratislava while renewing his student visa. She was a real pain in the a**, the girl was cute, from Rio, but couldn't stop speaking for a sec AND didn't trust anybody who didn't speak portuguese (weird chick).

This day we went to a bunker alternative club which was quite terrible in my opinion. I'm more of an Eletronic Music party myself, but this club was packed with alternative girls and guys, so they were all listening to indie rock and indie music. Girls weren't as hot as in other clubs I went to, but there were some cute alternative girls there.

My friend took ecstasy and was going crazy. The party sucked, and I decided to go home earlier.. that day my friend banged the brazillian chick.

hahaha... in the morning I went to the kitchen and the Brazillian chick was getting water half-naked.

That was my last day in Slovakia.

My friend continued to party there until his girlfriend came back. He even sent me this pic. He and a friend brought 2 friends to his apartment, he dared them to make out in the pool table. They partied for 48 hours.

[Image: 10339074_10201305148345635_1130266739_n....6b787068c5]

So my thoughts in Slovakia:

Girls - They are very pretty in my standards (I haven't been to Belgrade, Bucharest, Sofia, Kiev.. so I can't compare in EE standards). There are some hot blondes and hot brunettes. But they were hotter than in Prague.
- ONS happens in Slovakia but doesn't seem to be the rule. It might be easier to do ONS with college girls and young girls 18-22.
- They were very friendly towards me and my friends (but we all are latins).

City - Bratislava is a nice interesting city, but doesn't have that much stuff to do as any other touristic city. If you go there to visit, just spend 2 days, that's enough.

Cons - Only young people speak english there, taking a cab and telling them where you want to go is quite hard (they do not speak english), my friend had to write down the place. Girls seem to be very faithful to their boyfriends, they are not as easy to bed as you might imagine... they play hard to get.

I'm visiting Eastern Europe this year again. Staying for 3 months this time.
Do not go there in the Summer as my friend warned me: Bratislava is a student city, so in the summer it's a ghost town. Best time to go there it's the spring end of April to the start of summer June.

I would not recommend anyone visiting Bratislava alone. I think it was very cool for me cause I had a friend, and he had a social circle. That made things easier for me I'm super sure of that now. Unless you can go to a hostel and meet people to hang with, there seems to be foreigners around.

Awesome report. I can't comment on the nightlife but I've been to Bratislava twice and despite being one country at a time, Slovakia is completely different in terms of the people than in CR. I'd compare the enthusiasm of Slovak women to that of Americans (as far as not being reserved) but in a good way with femininity and couth.

Need help with logistics.

I've been looking for flights with major airlines to BTS but haven't had much luck. Coming from US, there are insane layovers and 24 hr total travel time.

Is the city that small? The budget airlines go there.

Is it better to go there after you have a basecamp in another city?

Have you tried Vienna? Only an hour away

Budapest also? 3 hours away on the train

Quote: (08-21-2016 12:30 PM)jabba Wrote:  

Is the city that small?

Yes.

I agree with the post above, try finding flights to Vienna (45-60 min to Bratislava by bus or train, bit more by boat). Budapest is ok too.

I just hope you don't fly all the way from the US to Europe just to stay in Bratislava. You'll be disappointed, it's small and rather boring.
Don't know if that's still a thing, but many young Slovaks used to do day trips to Vienna on the weekend just for the nightlife. Not much to do in BTS.
And for the love of god, if you are going for the girls, and there's no other reason at all, don't visit before university starts again (end of September).

Most people stay a weekend max.
I'd say do yourself a favor and just go to Budapest if you wanna stay in that region.
You can do a weekend trip to Bratislava from there.

Just left bratislava, currently in budapest for some days.
I'll drop my two cents when i get back home.

Quote: (08-21-2016 02:31 PM)Belgrano Wrote:  

Quote: (08-21-2016 12:30 PM)jabba Wrote:  

Is the city that small?

Yes.

I agree with the post above, try finding flights to Vienna (45-60 min to Bratislava by bus or train, bit more by boat). Budapest is ok too.

I just hope you don't fly all the way from the US to Europe just to stay in Bratislava. You'll be disappointed, it's small and rather boring.
Don't know if that's still a thing, but many young Slovaks used to do day trips to Vienna on the weekend just for the nightlife. Not much to do in BTS.
And for the love of god, if you are going for the girls, and there's no other reason at all, don't visit before university starts again (end of September).

Most people stay a weekend max.
I'd say do yourself a favor and just go to Budapest if you wanna stay in that region.
You can do a weekend trip to Bratislava from there.

Belgrano - Thanks for the tip.

My plan was to stay there longer to learn more about the culture. I'll adjust my logistics now.

I appreciate the advice.

Quote: (08-21-2016 01:19 PM)Conquerer7 Wrote:  

Have you tried Vienna? Only an hour away

Budapest also? 3 hours away on the train

I haven't been there for a long time. I'm thinking to fly into Vienna, hang out for a couple days then train to BTS. Thanks for putting the distance in perspective.

Just did Vienna, Bratislava and Budapest.
I flew from Norway to Vienna with a return ticket from Budapest, did'nt cost me more than 200Usd.

You are better of flying to one of the major hubs in the area Vienna or Budapest, or even try Prague.
It will be much cheaper.

From Vienna its actually less than an hour with train, cost is 10 Euros. They run every hour from the central station.
The journey from Bratislava to Budapest is around 2 hours 30 minutes. Trains runs every other hour, and cost is 17 euros.
Trains are good, and the journey is comfortable. Straightforward.

Bratislava is good for a day or two, being such a small city I got the impression that there was tourists everywhere.
It's not an cheap place by east european standards.
Vienna is beautiful with all its art nouveau, but a bit expensive.

In Budapest they do not use the euro, but Forint, and your dollars will get you a long way.
Its easy to get around in all these places, while Vienna and Bratislava seemed more well "functioned" and clean, Budapest had the more grimey and "dirty" east european look. But they are all perfectly safe places - night and day.
I liked Budapest the most, but would love to go back to Vienna for some days anytime.

Bon Voyage!

I don't think I have enough intel to start a new, proper data sheet so just gonna piggyback on this pretty recent, existing one.

I recently visited Bratislava and want to give a brief overview of my stay there. It isn’t as popular of a location (both on RVF as well as in general) as cities in surrounding areas, but I think that it could be worth a short visit for those who enjoy quaint, classic town squares and a more laid back atmosphere.

I stayed at a hotel that backs right up to the Danube River. This location is perfect both for logistical purposes of getting around Old Town Bratislava and for views of the river, castle, and town. There are a few hotels in this area ranging from very economical, but entirely doable options to 5-stars. For a first-time trip, this area is where to stay.

As already mentioned, the Old Town area is where most of the action for short-term tourists is going on. There is a plethora of little shops, cafes, pubs, etc. as well as monuments and important landmarks (ex. Opera House). Although the area definitely caters to tourists, there are a large amount of locals who also frequent the area. I went out most nights to bars and clubs in this area and the crowds were a mixture of locals and tourists. Thankfully, I don’t think I saw a single stag party.

If you walk about a mile down the Danube, you run into a somewhat high end shopping mall (Eurovea) which is where I went to get groceries and to day game a bit. I found the mall to always be packed with cute women, regardless of day or time. Over the course of 5 days I insta-dated one girl from the grocery store and set up a date for a few hours later with a girl sitting outside (while I was drinking from a brown-bagged 40 on the bench next to her, I might add). Definitely a place with potential and, unlike Old Town, the girls who you approach here will likely be locals. However, Bratislava Castle and the open area in the middle of Old Town are great places to meet wandering tourist girls (I met some Romanians and Austrians in these places and got invited to go out with a small group of German tourist girls).

As already mentioned, going out at night in Old Town (I went to dinner with a few friends in areas a bit north of Old Town, but did not stay out late to game) draws both locals and tourists. The downside is that even being the capital city and in the prime city center area, nightlife didn’t seem to really have much going on outside of Friday and Saturday nights. On my second night out I met a local cutie with a friend and they invited me to sit with them. The friend spoke zero English, but the one I approached had above-average English ability. I got a kiss and a number and she actually invited me to go to dinner with her sister, friend, and friend’s boyfriend the next night. It was actually a very nice little affair; Slovak guys can be pretty funny and he knew that I wasn’t trying to take over the conversation or be a jackass so he was chill and did his best to include me. I didn’t expect much with the family and friends all being there, but the sister essentially encouraged her to stay out with me and after a few bars together, she came back to the hotel.
In general I found Slovak women to be rather friendly, even if they weren’t interested in my advances (“ohhh…you seem very nice…but I’m not interested”). I saw many a high heel, designer jeans, and full makeup for quick jaunts to the super market and obesity does not seem to be a problem (YET, as anyone who has been in this part of the world well knows, it is common to see cute, fit women eating at McDonald’s and other Western fast food restaurants. It is probably going to catch up some day).

Additionally, I was impressed with the level of customer service which in some cases rivaled Western customer service. I purchased some clothes at the mall, decided three days later that the fit of some of the shirts wasn’t great and went to return them. Being the dumbass that I am, I had thrown the receipts away and I was just going to try for store credit. The manager came out and scoured through the receipts/records (it took him close to an hour) from the last few days until he found the matching information and gave my cash back. Pretty impressive in my opinion.

All in all, Bratislava is a place where one can chill out and take it easy in a rather laid back environment for a few days and, contrary to what many have said, parts of the city are rather beautiful (it does kind of go to hell pretty quickly in other parts, though). However, the general lack of people out at night or on Tinder (I swiped through all prospects by my second day) makes day game much more of a necessity. English language ability is pretty good, but can still be a problem. Also, Bratislava is not nearly as cheap as many surrounding major cities so you’re really not getting as much bang for your buck as you would in other places.

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

I'm planning to visit Bratislava for the first time as a research trip. I'm not into site seeing or museums right now. I'm only there to get an idea of the girls and culture. I've been to CZ a few times and get it.

It's a weekend trip. I have no connections and will build a social framework for possible further development. I know Slovak girls are more conservative than CZ girls, and I have no expectations to close deals within a weekend. If I connect with the girls and culture, then I'll return. I have location flexibility with my business. However, my work schedule, where I can squeeze in a trip, are always tight.

Is it better to visit Thursday, Friday and Saturday or Friday and Saturday only? I don't want to arrive, and there's no girls out.

Quote: (10-14-2016 03:28 AM)jabba Wrote:  

I'm planning to visit Bratislava for the first time as a research trip. I'm not into site seeing or museums right now. I'm only there to get an idea of the girls and culture. I've been to CZ a few times and get it.

It's a weekend trip. I have no connections and will build a social framework for possible further development. I know Slovak girls are more conservative than CZ girls, and I have no expectations to close deals within a weekend. If I connect with the girls and culture, then I'll return. I have location flexibility with my business. However, my work schedule, where I can squeeze in a trip, are always tight.

Is it better to visit Thursday, Friday and Saturday or Friday and Saturday only? I don't want to arrive, and there's no girls out.

You would better off staying there only Friday and Saturday. The city center is really, really small and the whole city feels like a very Western city like a small city in Germany or Austria. If you have been to other EE cities Bratislava would be a disappointment however I had a lot of fun when I was there but I always went only for one night arriving with the speed boat from Vienna.

Dating a Slovak girl right now. They have no idea how pretty they are. Sounds gay but I like getting coffee w/her and admiring how pretty she is. Can't talk highly enough of them.

I did an overnight stay in Bratislava back in late June, trip sucked the last couple of hours since I got a call that my uncle had passed.

Anyway, I was staying in Vienna and took the bus. It was like 15 euro in total round trip, extremely cheap. Bratislava itself was also cheap. I didn't go out the night I was there, I missed a pub crawl and said "fuck it" went back to the hostel and called it a night.

Definitely do the free walking tour that's available in the middle of old town if you're around. It's about 2 hours long, I learned so much!

I second the motion to find a flight into Vienna and catching the bus from there.

The women seemed really cute, and the people seemed friendly. Outside of London and southern Italy, it's the only place where I felt like I belonged, no one looked at me funny or treated me any differently.

If I ever go back to Vienna, I'd definitely come back for a weekend here to try and earn my flag.

In Bratislava this weekend. Dm if you want to grab a drink.

I was just in Bratislava a week ago, I spent the night at this chicks house. She had a rope swing from her ceiling and gave me a show. Which obviously lead to a bang. If any trusted and reped members want to see the quality PMME.

"All My Bitches love me....I love all my bitches,
but its like soon as I cum... I come to my senses."

Quote: (10-15-2016 08:23 AM)PragueDude Wrote:  

Dating a Slovak girl right now. They have no idea how pretty they are. Sounds gay but I like getting coffee w/her and admiring how pretty she is. Can't talk highly enough of them.

I've never been there before.....but I'm seeing one now too and I feel the same about her....I wonder if it's the same girl? ha ha. Meeting her has really made me wonder about women in that country in general.

The other night i slept over at her place for the first time. She sleeps in a very tiny bed that was cramped although we did bang. I pass out and wake up at 4am and notice she's not next to me.

She laid a sheet on the floor and tells me: "I don't want you feel uncomfortable for night so I sleep on floor so you feel good".

Slovak men must have it good!!!

Anyone around? Ill be im town for one day tomorrow.

Thinking of doing a 6 day trip across Slovakia in February end to March 1st week. What are the recommendations on the duration of stay and logistics ?

How expensive is this city? Some people said it's not cheap.

I definitely wanna try it out very soon.

Quote: (07-12-2017 01:51 PM)Rossi Wrote:  

Not so expensive as Budapest. But costlier if you compare with Romania and Bulgaria.
When do you plan on going ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5NuuJQT8ZM

Quote: (07-12-2017 01:59 PM)Xen Wrote:  

Not so expensive as Budapest. But costlier if you compare with Romania and Bulgaria.
When do you plan on going ?

I disagree with this. For sure, Budapest has more opportunities to spend more (due to much greater size, population, and popularity), but if you want to spend like a "normal" person on "normal" things (food, booze, lodging), Bratislava is going to be a little more expensive.

I would think that the proximity to Vienna and the fact that many Austrians will take the short trip to load up on stuff (because most things, including partying, will still be much cheaper than at home) has something to do with the prices being a little higher than one would expect.

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

I am going to Bratislava next week. How are the Russian levels out there ? Any advice on bars/restaurants. Info on me, mid 20s, six foot white British guy, brown hair.

Imo zero. But most people should speak English and Czech of course. Slovak is closer to Croatian than to Russian but they have little in common with Russians.