rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Merry Orthodox Christmas

Merry Orthodox Christmas

Are you an Ethiopian, Armenian, Georgian, Greek, Syrian, Coptic, Romanian, Serbian, Bulgarian or Russian/Ukrainian Orthodox Christian? Or a descendant of any of the above?

Then Merry Christmas my Orthodox brothers. People say we ended up on the losing side of Christianity. I say bullshit. Our countries produce the hottest and most exotic women in the world. Our priests are pretty cool too. Protestant bishops or Catholic priests couldn't look this pimp if they tried [Image: smile.gif]

[Image: bethlehem-priests_1798076i.jpg]

Here are some pictures of Orthodox Christmas celebrations from around the world today.

Ailio Christmas celebration in Tbilisi, Georgia
[Image: _87536855_87536854.jpg]

Worshipers on X-mas eve in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
[Image: ethioseattle.gif]

Armenian Christians in Toronto
[Image: IMG_0647.jpg]

Our poor Syrian brothers in Damascus
[Image: Syrian-Christians-wait-for-the-crisis-to...-large.jpg]

Even Russia got some Christmas spirit despite 70 years of Communism
[Image: putin-c.jpg]

Spent eve night at the church. Also breaking my 43 day fast today. Did you guys fast? How are you celebrating?

God bless you all.

Merry Orthodox Christmas

[Image: CEPLcQO.jpg?1]
Merry Christmas and a happy belated Theophany, Christian brothers. Much like the present Pope Emeritus, perhaps the greatest contemporary theologian (Francis, the current occupant, has yet to make any statement of note), I harbour an idealistic, naïve desire for the re-casting of the bonds broken centuries ago; indeed, I have often thought of the filioque as nothing more than a senseless obstacle in the way of my ecumenical vagaries. I know you regard us as heterodox―perhaps heretical―schismatics but this is no time for a discussion of that sort; there are greater threats from the exterior. One hopes these will spur the forgiveness―provide absolution―of past enmities. Let us also pray for imperilled brothers elsewhere and wish them a joyous (or, in truth, unmolested) Christmas regardless of their calendar of choice. Merry Christmas, users of the wrong calendar!

Edit: Do not mistake my username for a confession to reincarnated Arianism of some sort. I am a Roman Catholic and perhaps a student of the Gothic tongue; Ulfilas I am not.

«Se trata de escoger entre la dictadura que viene de abajo, y la dictadura que viene de arriba: yo escojo la que viene de arriba, porque viene de regiones más limpias y serenas; se trata de escoger, por último, entre la dictadura del puñal y la dictadura del sable: yo escojo la dictadura del sable, porque es más noble». ― Donoso Cortés

My list of Spanish-language resources and a thread full of them.
PM me with any Spanish questions; I will try to help you!

Merry Orthodox Christmas

Quote: (01-07-2016 05:33 PM)Gótico Wrote:  

[Image: CEPLcQO.jpg?1]
Merry Christmas and a happy belated Theophany, Christian brothers. Much like the present Pope Emeritus, perhaps the greatest contemporary theologian (Francis, the current occupant, has yet to make any statement of note), I harbour an idealistic, naïve desire for the re-casting of the bonds broken centuries ago; indeed, I have often thought of the filioque as nothing more than a senseless obstacle in the way of my ecumenical vagaries. I know you regard us as heterodox―perhaps heretical―schismatics but this is no time for a discussion of that sort; there are greater threats from the exterior. One hopes these will spur the forgiveness―provide absolution―of past enmities. Let us also pray for imperilled brothers elsewhere and wish them a joyous (or, in truth, unmolested) Christmas regardless of their calendar of choice. Merry Christmas, users of the wrong calendar!

Edit: Do not mistake my username for a confession to reincarnated Arianism of some sort. I am a Roman Catholic and perhaps a student of the Gothic tongue; Ulfilas I am not.

Your brazen use of a Trebuchet font is in itself a depraved heresy that must be punished by nothing less than a burning at the stake.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Merry Orthodox Christmas

счастливого Рождества!
Thank you for the pictures Anabasis.
And by the way, visiting the Churches of Lalibela is on my bucket list!
Too bad so many of the churches in the pictures above are not in communion with each other. Most people don't care. I remember visiting a big Greek church in Ohio years ago and noticing a whole Ethiopian section.

Merry Orthodox Christmas

My Christmas tree is still up. Following the Russian tradition, I'm keeping it until the old new year.

Merry Orthodox Christmas

Merry Christmas to my Christian brothers in the East. Happy Theophany! I'm an Eastern Right Catholic, and wish only the best to my Orthodox brothers. The patriarchy is alive and well within your group, something that the Catholic Church needs a revival in. Lastly, we must pray for the reunification of the Church, as the enemies to our faith, culture and way of life would like nothing better than to have division among men. Christ is born! Glorify him!

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Merry Orthodox Christmas

You fasted for 43 days? Please do tell...

Founding Member of TEAM DOUBLE WRAPPED CONDOMS

Merry Orthodox Christmas

Quote: (01-07-2016 07:53 PM)Switch Wrote:  

You fasted for 43 days? Please do tell...

In Eastern Christianity, it isn't uncommon to fast from certain foods (meat, cheese, dairy, etc.) for an extended period of time. Other fasts are of refraining from eating for a full day or less than the normal number of meals you'd consume. Fasting, besides the health benefits is a great way to embrace masculine self-discipline and spiritual growth. Christian fasting isn't going 6 weeks without eating anything at all. [Image: biggrin.gif]

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Merry Orthodox Christmas

Quote: (01-07-2016 06:30 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

Your brazen use of a Trebuchet font is in itself a depraved heresy that must be punished by nothing less than a burning at the stake.

Thank your stars we don’t have Comic Sans as an option. I trust torture of that sort would lead to this. Ah, can’t you smell the debasement in the air?

«Se trata de escoger entre la dictadura que viene de abajo, y la dictadura que viene de arriba: yo escojo la que viene de arriba, porque viene de regiones más limpias y serenas; se trata de escoger, por último, entre la dictadura del puñal y la dictadura del sable: yo escojo la dictadura del sable, porque es más noble». ― Donoso Cortés

My list of Spanish-language resources and a thread full of them.
PM me with any Spanish questions; I will try to help you!

Merry Orthodox Christmas

[Image: 220px-Flag_of_the_Serbian_Orthodox_Church.svg.png]

Срећан Божић everybody.

HSLD

Merry Orthodox Christmas

Orthodox but mad at the church so can't enjoy it until the corruption and faith comes back.

I'm mad pissed.

Merry Orthodox Christmas

Quote: (01-07-2016 11:16 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Orthodox but mad at the church so can't enjoy it until the corruption and faith comes back.

I'm mad pissed.

As a Catholic who goes through the same feelings regarding how much abuse there is in the Church, I totally understand where you are coming from. That being said, I go to a very good local parish with a very manly priest. No altar girls, no nonsense about women leading things. He talks about sin, encourages people to go to confession and so on. Whenever I see a problem, I go straight to him and work with him to try and resolve it. Be the change you want to see, but you have to get involved. The Church's human members has never been perfect, because we humans are imperfect, even though Christ is perfect. Read Saint Paul's letters.

Quote:Quote:

If anyone advocates a different doctrine and does not agree with sound words, those of our Lord Jesus Christ, and with the doctrine conforming to godliness, he is conceited and understands nothing; but he has a morbid interest in controversial questions and disputes about words, out of which arise envy, strife, abusive language, evil suspicions, and constant friction between men of depraved mind and deprived of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain.

In his epistle to Timothy, he condemned false doctrines back then, just like we must condemn false doctrines today.

Merry Orthodox Christmas

Delete

Merry Orthodox Christmas

I used to always get stuffed with cabbage rolls this time of year from all the Ukraines I grew up with. I assumed all Canadians celebrated it but it isn't as widespread in Toronto as you would think.

Good to give well wishes to all those celebrating today.

Merry Orthodox Christmas

Merry Christmas!!!