rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are Dating Sites A Good Barometer For Judging Success With Women in A Certain Area?

Are Dating Sites A Good Barometer For Judging Success With Women in A Certain Area?

I'm wondering if going onto dating sites such as Plenty of Fish or My Space, and testing the waters with girls in that area is a good idea? Is your on line success rate on those sites any indicator of how you'll do once you're actually in that city?

I've experimented some with on line macking, but only limited success. I've seen a couple of guys on here talking about North and South Dakota being a haven for darker men, yet I haven't had a single bite from the 20 or so e-mails I sent out in that area. It should be mentioned that I sent e-mails in a variety of styles, from very bold, BETAish. I've also had extremely limited success with e-mails I've sent out to girls here in the Bay area. However, Here's the kicker... In actual hitting the streets, real world, day and night gaming terms, I've pretty much gotten at least 1 number, with follow up date practically everytime I've gone out on a hunt! Judging from my low success rate on dating sites in the Bay, one would not think I'd be as successful as I have been in real life.

Could it just be that those particular sites suck? Lol.

What you're really asking is, are the girls online representative of their city?

No, mostly. You have to compare online to online though - you can't compare success online in one area with success in person in another area. But there's too much variation within a big city to make that judgment.

If we're talking neighborhoods... What really matters is if the girl has chosen to live there. Generally, a girl in a big city has chosen her neighborhood, and that says something about her. If she's stuck in a small town living with her parents, her receptiveness or lack thereof, won't say as much about the town.

Maybe it's random luck, but it seems like girls from a certain bohemian part of town are more receptive to me, making me consider moving there down the line.

If you're messaging girls far far away, they might not be responding because you're far. And online game is such a numbers game, at least in a big city, that 20 emails is nothing. 20 responses is a start.

Quote: (06-29-2011 05:55 PM)Urban Renaissance Man Wrote:  

I'm wondering if going onto dating sites such as Plenty of Fish or My Space, and testing the waters with girls in that area is a good idea? Is your on line success rate on those sites any indicator of how you'll do once you're actually in that city?

I've experimented some with on line macking, but only limited success. I've seen a couple of guys on here talking about North and South Dakota being a haven for darker men, yet I haven't had a single bite from the 20 or so e-mails I sent out in that area. It should be mentioned that I sent e-mails in a variety of styles, from very bold, BETAish. I've also had extremely limited success with e-mails I've sent out to girls here in the Bay area. However, Here's the kicker... In actual hitting the streets, real world, day and night gaming terms, I've pretty much gotten at least 1 number, with follow up date practically everytime I've gone out on a hunt! Judging from my low success rate on dating sites in the Bay, one would not think I'd be as successful as I have been in real life.

Could it just be that those particular sites suck? Lol.

Are online success rates a good measure of a city?

If you actually went on a few dates and made a judgment based off of that... yes. If you base it solely on your online experience... I would have to say no.

Shoot me a PM with a run down of your profile (or a link to it) and some examples of messages you've sent (with the responses) and I'll see if I can assist.

I've coached a few guys with online dating so far to some degree of success, but different races seem to throw a wrench into a lot of my theories and personal experience.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee