rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should I move from DC to Salt Lake City?

So here's the conundrum I'm facing:

I'm currently in DC and making decent money (over $80K) amd I'm looking at a job offer to work in the Salt Lake City area with a company that's a pretty large multinational aerospace and defense firm. Although it is paying around $70K, that's the equivalent of earning six figures in the DMV when factoring CoL.

Now most guys would probably scoff at moving. But here's what I'm currently looking at:

-Even though I'm making good money, the dating/game scene for me in DC is pretty sparse. Between the cliques that make social circle game (and even social circle friendship and camaraderie amongst other males) impossible, femicunts and hoodrats who are insufferable, and the few decent females who are homebodies, I can't see how a move to SLC can make things any worse. And I get that the state is ran by the LDS religion, which needs no explanation on how insular it is.

-Most cities have at least one spot where the young people reside in masse. Is there even such a place in SLC? I'm in a great place when it comes to demographics and logistics (Arlington, VA), but as I stated earlier, the DC Area's dating scene is such utter shit, it's nearly non-effective.

-Being a black male, albeit a light skin one, makes me a bit more cautious of this move. Now I don't have a problem being in a predominantly white environment given that it's racially open-minded; for if the offer was in Seattle or Denver, I would be packing up my bags tonight. But given the location, I do have my reservations. However, what makes me less hesitant is the seething covert racism I constantly face in DC from these so-called liberals, with the worst offenders being yuppies who are around my age. Add that with the overt intra-racism I get from my so-called people for not acting "black enough", I'm about had it with DC and the East Coast in general. And needless to say, I'm not getting a lot of play from any sides of the racial fence.

So what would you all think the best strategy would be, specifically in the gaming chicks department? If worse comes to worse, I can just "keep my head down" figuratively speaking like I've been doing in the DMV and stack money until my contract is up and I can transfer to another place within the company. But ultimately, I would love a place I would be able to date and build a rotation of chicks, whether with social circle game, everyday interactions, nightlife, online, etc. Is that feasible even in a place like Salt Lake City?

I would be hesitant to move just for girl reasons. I can't speak to being black, but certainly black guys in DC can get laid.

In any event, why not just get an Airbnb for a week or two and live in SLC to see how people react. There's really no reason to guess at this, just go and see for yourself.

Take this for what its worth (probably nothing):

I've lived around DC, and been in and out of SLC for a few years, in the past.

I hated DC. I made ~ 60k at the time, and felt like I was starving.

I liked SLC a lot. I loved the scenery (mountains) and the other scenery, too. Other guys here can tell you that a lot of Mormon gals aren't as Mormon as they claim.

If it were me, it wouldn't take me 5 seconds to bounce to SLC. But that's me.

Disclaimer: currently old(er) white guy. Your mileage may vary.

Лучше поздно, чем никогда

...life begins at "70% Warning Level."....

One of my good friends lives there. He nails it Jan 21st to 31st going over to park city for the film festival. But apart from that he hates living there and has little success and he's a baller.

But you can always make friends with some guys in Denver and toss down 60 bucks for a round-trip ticket on Frontier to Denver on the weekends and chill with them. It'll get old though.

I have never been to SLC before so I can't help you in that area but I am a former Arlington resident. The D.M.V. is one of the worst areas I have ever lived in. Something about D.C. brings out all of the a-holes. People there act like they are better than what they really are. I read somewhere that the largest group of educated people are assembled in that area. That could be a big reason for the snobby attitudes.

I knew successful guys from New York who went down to party in D.C. and got shot down left and right. These guys had no problems pulling good looking N.Y.C. women. D.C. has a different dynamic to it. You will find women there that already have their stuff together on a higher level than women in other places.

The best success I had there was in the workplace. I work in I.T. so I generally know everyone in the office. We usually had happy hours down at Uncle Julio's. It was a nice time to socialize with the single women in the office while grabbing a few drinks.

Other than that, the place is soulless. I am generally a positive person but I had a tough time dealing with the people there. I moved as soon as I got the opportunity.

Do some research on the company before you accept any offers. Glassdoor and Indeed are sites that I use to get some intel.

My feeling from only being there once for a day is that it is a place to find a wife and raise a family. Seems too slow and small to be a good player city. Just a gut reaction.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

SLC is no paradise, but I'd choose it over DC in heartbeat.

I think you'll like the attitude better in general, and have a better experience with the girls compared to DC.

I'm not black, but I don't foresee this as a major issue in SLC. I'm sure the issues/concerns you brought up can be found anywhere in the U.S., unfortunately, and as you mentioned even (or especially) in a liberal paradise. There probably is more surface level hesitation/skepticism in a conservative region, but IMO the people will likely be a lot more "real" , normal and welcoming once you break the ice, with none of the liberal covert crap you encounter now.

Aside from that, it's a beautiful area, it's something different for you to experience. You can own and carry a firearm with little hassle, so there's that if you're interested.

You seem miserable in DC, so there's little to lose in trying something different. And as you said 70k is great money in SLC compared to 80k in DC.

Americans are dreamers too

There is uhhh, a 'burning man' underside to SLC & Utah. It's about %40 non-mormon and there is literally 10 ski mountains a 30 minutes drive all around you.

Utah can be pretty fun!

Your co-workers will probably be more mormon than the kids you meet at ski slopes, since the burner types don't work at those kinds of companies. They're not bad people although.

Have fun!

I have been to SLC and DC a couple of times but never longer than a couple of weeks. So I am definitely not an expert.

I am also black, really dark skinned like Wesley Snipes. But I didn't feel like that hampered me in SLC beyond what it normally would being black in the US. Not sure what it is like now as compared to 2011 but there isn't a large population of black people in the area (none that I saw); so it does make us a little rare and you know how that goes. Whenever at a bar or restaurant, my boy and I were usually the token black guys but I never saw any negative reactions. Most people were quite neutral towards us with a few being curious. A couple girls came up to the bar to ask if we played sports (the university is there). I wouldn't call it a pussy paradise but I felt like it wouldn't be bad for a black man there, definitely potential.

We felt like women there in SLC were less standoffish towards us. One thing my boys and I noticed was that the women there seemed less cuntish than most girls that we were used to, plus the average attractiveness was decent in the city. Honestly, compared to my time in DC, I would prefer to live in SLC. It may not be the greatest party city but at least you will be happier with your daily life. I am kind of from the East coast (the southern part) so it does have some appeal but as far as racial relations, it is a little behind the west (Utah, CO, OR). I hated my time in DC, just didn't feel right there.

As you mentioned, the LDS religion does play a large role in that society but it is diminished a little in SLC. I ordered a double jack and coke while at an Applebees and they looked at me funny. Then gave me some watered down drink. They do have weird alcohol laws that kind of suck and the beers are low percentage, however, there are loopholes in the laws. Microbreweries have a little bit of leeway, I had this beer called "hop on the rising" and it was really strong as micro brews don't have to follow the strict alcohol laws. I remember one evening that we started at a micro brew and got real toasty, then we went to a hookah bar (saw some fine ass young women there), went to a night club (which was actually decent and really the first place I saw numbers of other black people) and then the rest of the boys in my group went off to a strip club there in SLC. Yes, they have a strip club and according to my boys, it was on point.

Hopefully someone that lives in that area can expand more on it here.

If you have never lived in the mountain west region (I have but not SLC specifically), I think its worth going for the nature alone. There is something very majestic about living in that region I think. You can get snow covered giant mountains in one area and the desert not too far away. The air is clean and pure. If you have never experienced the insane empty vastness of THE open country like you find in many parts of mountain west (places like Utah and Colorado), its worth checking out for at least a year. Do some hikes, do some skiing, do some long drives through some mountain ranges and/or deserts. Just make sure you bring the lotion; it's dry as fuck all there.

That said, some thoughts:

1. Your take-home income will increase significantly. This means more savings for overseas trips, toys, and investments obviously. I'm guessing you will save $12,000 or thereabouts alone on rent while getting better quality housing at the same time.

2. You will get to experience a different part of the US (assuming you haven't really lived there before). Places like Denver and SLC have pretty high standards of living at reasonable prices and the mountain west has its own culture worth experiencing.

3. As far as SLC and the Mormons, I have found from direct experience that Mormons (as far as US religious people go) are some of the nicest and most polite people you will ever come across. I have never gotten this sense of underhanded hostility from Mormons as a non-believer that I have gotten from other religious people. They are very PG rated but you could do far worse regarding large religious communities. Much worse.

4. Non-Mormon Utah girls I have met have been pretty legit as well.

5. One other thing: Arlington is NOT the entire DC area. Arlington in particular is white uppity post college UVA/VA Tech frat-boy/sorority slut central. If you are not in with THAT crowd, its pretty rough.

It might worth scoping out a few other neighborhoods in the region (assuming they won't fuck your commute) just as a precaution. One of the few benefits of the DC area is the diversity and international flavor/talent. If SLC is anything like Colorado (seems to be based on the stats I just looked up), its VERY white bread and you will NOT see the turnover in women (for better or worse) that you get in the DC area.

What I mean is: once you go through the sluts in SLC, you are going to be tapped out on available talent for a good long while. A ton of women aren't moving to SLC every year. The DC area on the other hand is constantly bringing in new talent. Some of its shit but some of its workable.

Also keep in mind that a bit over a year from now, the DC area might be a very different place with a new administration (Trump) in office. People have noted a major drop in talent in 2008 due to the economy crashing but I think the shift from Bush to Obama played a big factor as well. Obama brought in A LOT of SJW freaks and libtard idiots. A Trump administration could change the talent pool significantly in the DC area; I don't see many short haired feminist cunts coming to the DC area to work for Trump. I might need to start a thread about this.

If are looking for a GF, SLC MIGHT be better. But if you are trying to fuck a new slut every week, I cannot imagine purely from a number standpoint SLC will be good to you compared to DC.

Anyhow, I think the the extra money, nature, and a change in culture is the most compelling reasons to head to SLC. Any improvements with the women is just a bonus; they are still American girls after all.

First of all, thanks to everyone for the cordial responses thus far.

Here's a response to the few inquiries:

The company is mad legit in the Aerospace and Defense industry, so in the long term, I see myself staying in the company, but relocating when the time is right. In addition, placing myself in SLC puts me at more of a visibility to employers and internal job transfers in places I know I would love to live in like Denver, Seattle, the Bay Area, San Diego, and other places out West.

A for moving just for the girls (or lack thereof that I can attain in DC), that isn't the main focus at this point. And besides, I can easily do cheap weekend flights to places like Vegas, Colorado, California, Arizona, and Washington for my pussy fix if worse comes to worse.

As for being in Arlington specifically, even though it has a reputation of being more Preppy/Fratboy enclave, in my experience, DC itself is way more snooty, cliquish, preppy, and covertly racist. I tend to run into more IR couples and groups that consist of black men. But overall, the DC young scene is hard to break into unless you went to college or work with the following people. And although it's more racially integrated the further north and west you get from DC, the less single there are available.

But the biggest reason I'm contemplating the move is this. I was born in DC itself and raised in the area for most of my life, but it has been anything but "home" for me. I was born in a lower class status as is typical for blacks born in the area, my childhood was for the most part shit, my father died when I was seven, most of my family especially those around my age disown me because I'm not "black enough", and most long-term friendships I have made in my life were when I left the area for college. Because of these things, I've always had this mental beef about living here and figured that I just need to go to a new place to clear my head, finally overcome the socioeconomic ceiling, and start a new life.

Quote: (12-19-2015 01:37 PM)SuS Wrote:  

But the biggest reason I'm contemplating the move is this. I was born in DC itself and raised in the area for most of my life, but it has been anything but "home" for me. I was born in a lower class status as is typical for blacks born in the area, my childhood was for the most part shit, my father died when I was seven, most of my family especially those around my age disown me because I'm not "black enough", and most long-term friendships I have made in my life were when I left the area for college. Because of these things, I've always had this mental beef about living here and figured that I just need to go to a new place to clear my head, finally overcome the socioeconomic ceiling, and start a new life.

I feel you on that one man. I am from Baltimore and I have experienced the exact same thing. I myself am tired of the coon culture of the Mid-Atlantic and the promotion of single motherhood, crime, ignorance, rap music, etc. If I were you, as one poster has already said, I would spend maybe a good week or two out there just by yourself and get a feel for the city before making a move. I lived in Seattle for 2 1/2 years and was bored with it at first because I knew very little about it, but it grew on me right around the time I left and I was very sad to leave. If I wasn't so close to family I would've planted my flag there. I am currently in the DC area and I don't mind it, but I'm sure being a native you would have a better feel for it.

One thing about the West you would like is that people don't see your race. Yes there is racism "everywhere" as people say but unlike the East Coast nobody will call you "white" for being well read, drinking craft beer, or learning how to ski. Some places like Washington State people will like you more for being black. I have never been to Utah but it sounds like a cool place, especially with the slopes nearby. The only thing that would annoy me is the drinking culture. For all of its faults, DC and Baltimore have a lot of cool bars and after-hours places that I couldn't imagine would be in SLC.

Can I just ask what does "black enough" mean, as it's hard to give advice about an area if I'm not sure if the place will fit some of what you're asking about.

This is my take on the Midwest: they respect people who haul ass, work hard and take responsibility. Utah recently voted for a black woman for house of reps, but consider she's not one of those "I'm a victim, feel sorry for me" types - she hauls ass and takes responsibility. Keep in mind that DC's definition of "responsible" will be very different than the Midwest definition of "responsible" too. What I've observed is that generally outsiders are resented when they come in and try to change the culture to what they want instead of respecting and valuing the culture that exists.

SuS thanks for clearing up your background. Makes sense that you might want to move. The thing is, you're not tied to the area unless you maybe buy a house. So even if you move to SLC and didn't like it, you could surely live for a year and then go somewhere else.

I always tell my male friends and acquaintances, there is only one good thing about DC area and that is the economy! I'd move to SLC if given a chance, though in my sector there are no jobs outside of Tier 1 cities.

If you are unhappy with the dating situation in your current city then you have no choice but to move. If you decide to stay in the DC area, you will remain dateless, which should not be an option for you.

Your money will go further in SLC so that's one thing. At the very least you can save money and travel.

I haven't been to SLC but I am a black dude living in DC and know what it's like here. You may be thinking to yourself "what if dating in SLC is just as bad?" There are a lot of reasons to SLC is better than DC.

1. Not as transient. DC is transient. It hard to meet a woman for anything long lasting when she is only there for the summer, graduating in spring or only there for the summer.

2. Women probably won't be focused as much on their careers. This means they'll be more open to a relationship.

3. You would be perceived as exotic. Since there are not a lot of black guys around you'll stand out.

4. Lower standards. In DC, no one is impressed with a guy that makes $100,000 because there are so many guys here that do. But if you make that kind of money or close to it in 2nd and 3rd tier cities, women are more impressed by it. Moreover, I think when in DC generally have higher standards than their looks can afford. There are tons of 5s here that act like a 10.

5. Women may be more open to meeting a guy like you. Women in DC have a narrow view of the guys they are willing to date and if you don't fit that mold, it's an uphill battle. If the women in DC aren't feeling you, try a different environment. SLC is a radically different environment.

Worst case scenario you move there, decide you don't like it and then move away. It would not be a bad idea to stay there for a week or two to see how you like it.

Quote: (12-19-2015 09:08 PM)therealpoder Wrote:  

1. Not as transient. DC is transient. It hard to meet a woman for anything long lasting when she is only there for the summer, graduating in spring or only there for the summer.

I have noticed that the suburban areas are a bit better for meeting women for potentially long term relationships. That is where a bulk of the area's natives live (which I find to be much friendlier than the area's transplants).

Quote: (12-19-2015 09:32 PM)MdWanderer Wrote:  

Quote: (12-19-2015 09:08 PM)therealpoder Wrote:  

I have noticed that the suburban areas are a bit better for meeting women for potentially long term relationships. That is where a bulk of the area's natives live (which I find to be much friendlier than the area's transplants).

The best girls in this area are the eighteen to twenty year old white girls who grew up in/live in high end suburbs. The farther northwest you get of the D.C. city limits, the uglier and poorer it gets, to the point that if you are in Frederick or Hagerstown, you may as well be in some shithole in the rural south or rural midwest.

Quote: (12-19-2015 09:56 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

The best girls in this area are the eighteen to twenty year old white girls who grew up in/live in high end suburbs. The farther northwest you get of the D.C. city limits, the uglier and poorer it gets, to the point that if you are in Frederick or Hagerstown, you may as well be in some shithole in the rural south or rural midwest.

I know Frederick is a part of the DC Metro area but I won't be caught dead there. I was referring more to Montgomery County (which have the most open-minded and friendliest girls in the area from my personal opinion) and Northern Virginia. PG is 50/50, there are a lot of hot black girls there but a lot of ratchet ones as well (reminds me of Atlanta). I see the city of DC itself for what it is: transient, busy, bad for anything long term but okay for a quick fling, and a good place to take a date but not to find one.

And the area isn't too bad if you like black girls. White women in this area on the other hand probably have the worst attitude in the entire country, to the point where even white guys don't like them.

Quote: (12-19-2015 10:13 PM)MdWanderer Wrote:  

Quote: (12-19-2015 09:56 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

I know Frederick is a part of the DC Metro area but I won't be caught dead there. I was referring more to Montgomery County (which have the most open-minded and friendliest girls in the area from my personal opinion) and Northern Virginia. PG is 50/50, there are a lot of hot black girls there but a lot of ratchet ones as well (reminds me of Atlanta). I see the city of DC itself for what it is: transient, busy, bad for anything long term but okay for a quick fling, and a good place to take a date but not to find one.

And the area isn't too bad if you like black girls. White women in this area on the other hand probably have the worst attitude in the entire country, to the point where even white guys don't like them.

I don't like Virginia at all, but as far as Montgomery County, what I said before stands. Bethesda/Chevy Chase/Potomac are where you need to look. The farther northwest you get, the worse it is. Germantown and Damascus are both horrible.

Quote: (12-18-2015 10:08 PM)SuS Wrote:  

So what would you all think the best strategy would be, specifically in the gaming chicks department? If worse comes to worse, I can just "keep my head down" figuratively speaking like I've been doing in the DMV and stack money until my contract is up and I can transfer to another place within the company. But ultimately, I would love a place I would be able to date and build a rotation of chicks, whether with social circle game, everyday interactions, nightlife, online, etc. Is that feasible even in a place like Salt Lake City?

Quote: (12-18-2015 10:08 PM)SuS Wrote:  

-Being a black male, albeit a light skin one, makes me a bit more cautious of this move. Now I don't have a problem being in a predominantly white environment given that it's racially open-minded; for if the offer was in Seattle or Denver, I would be packing up my bags tonight. But given the location, I do have my reservations. However, what makes me less hesitant is the seething covert racism I constantly face in DC from these so-called liberals, with the worst offenders being yuppies who are around my age. Add that with the overt intra-racism I get from my so-called people for not acting "black enough", I'm about had it with DC and the East Coast in general. And needless to say, I'm not getting a lot of play from any sides of the racial fence.

Also something I wanted to add as well is that have you looked at mixed-raced women or mixed-raced people in general for friendship? As funny as it sounds, it's true, they too suffer from a lot of racial confusion and that is something you will have in common with them (if you are being rejected by blacks for not being "black enough" and not completely accepted by whites due to your race).

If I am not mistaken I think you made a post in the past about how it was hard for light-skinned black men to crack a lot of the white girls who go for black men. I am light skinned and I seemed to be having this problem too. I feel that a lot of white girls (and "full" raced women in general) look for the contrast when they are dating interracially so they go for the dark-skinned brotha. I had a lot of dark skinned black women attracted to me sexually due to my light skin and light eyes but once they found out I wasn't "down" or had no "swag" they cashed in their chips and left. A mixed-raced woman will most likely look for a "mutt" like them and for someone who is just normal and doesn't subscribe to any generic racial structure, and they have been the source for a lot of my lays (I'm often mistaken for being mixed). And they tend to be the most open minded too given the fact they were a product of it. DC has a lot of mixed raced girls and all it takes is a Plenty-Of-Fish search (they have that option) and start hollering.

Damn, seriously another DC thread???!?!?!!

I haven't been out there since puberty, is that city really that horrible?? What's over there?

Quote: (12-19-2015 01:37 PM)SuS Wrote:  

The company is mad legit in the Aerospace and Defense industry, so in the long term, I see myself staying in the company, but relocating when the time is right. In addition, placing myself in SLC puts me at more of a visibility to employers and internal job transfers in places I know I would love to live in like Denver, Seattle, the Bay Area, San Diego, and other places out West.

A for moving just for the girls (or lack thereof that I can attain in DC), that isn't the main focus at this point. And besides, I can easily do cheap weekend flights to places like Vegas, Colorado, California, Arizona, and Washington for my pussy fix if worse comes to worse.

That bolded parts above tell me you should go for it, unless you think there's a good probability of getting a job in one of your end-goal cities, within the next year.

What's the 'realistic worse case' that can happen? I think that's always a good starting point when making decision like this. I think the realistic worse case possibility is that SLC is a bit shittier socially than DC, albeit in different ways- and you say that isn't your main focus. Everything else is stacking up in your favor - money, COL, career trajectory, life experience.

So what happens in the worse case - like you said, you jump down to vegas to get your pussy fix when you need to, put in a year or two and then get to one of your goal cities.

Moving to a closer city definitely makes a difference in job prospects. I moved to AZ and I get hit up for jobs in SD, LA, Vegas all the time now. Come to think of it I just got hit up for a gig in SLC. They never touched me when I was in Maryland.

Realistically - it probably won't be that bad as DC. It may even end up better. You'll find some scenes with non-LDS chicks, or jack Mormons. I banged a cute jack Mormon right when I moved to AZ, she fucked like a champ and went to church the next day. You'll get into doing outdoor stuff, and meet some people that way. You still probably want to move after 2 years or what not, but life won't be bad in the meantime. The key thing is, you'll get out of that bubble that is DC.

You said you grew up in DMV. Not sure if you've spent much time living outside, but I lived in Maryland and DC area my entire life. Moving to Scottsdale at 32 was the best decision I ever made. Only regret is not moving sooner. You sound like you are younger and you have the itch to get out. I got news for you - that itch doesn't go away. You find ways to justify staying and suppress it, but deep down it's there until you take a risk and actually try living somewhere else. So do you want to be scratching this itch now while you are young, or in your late 30s/40s/50s?

Again, the only reason I would consider waiting is if you think there's a extremely high probability of getting directly to your end-goal city in the next year. If that's not the case- pull the trigger.

I lived in the SLC area for a year, and then moved to the Denver area. But it was many years ago. However, I do try to visit every year. I still enjoy it! As Denver gets crazy with growth, I do consider SLC an inviting backup.

The population of Denver is young and healthy - but this is even more so (at least the 'young' part) in Utah.

The most important fact to know about Utah and the Mormon lifestyle is that it is hugely oriented towards the family. The Church (LDS, that is) has activities for the family. When it isn't about sports or music or church going, there's "Family Home Evening." Something every night (or day) of the week!

One thing you've not mentioned is what age range you want to target?

Practically speaking, there are two age ranges available: young and not yet married - because, like in the south, people are expected to marry young. Or else the divorcees - often with children.

Often, the latter are women who married too impulsively or just to please their parents or even to get out of the house.

The Winter Games of 2002 helped give SLC a range of ethnic diversity that it mostly lacked. It's a small level - but going from a tiny level, I found more there than in a place like Nebraska. For one thing, Utah is close to California. And many Mormons regard SoCal as their second base. (I had an old GF who went to BYU. When she graduated, she joined her dad in SoCal - her parents had divorced by then.)

People are pretty happy in Utah, and like much of 'flyover country,' few people do not keep other than early to bed, early to rise hours. There are not many exceptions - but they exist. University students and creative types, for instance.

The suburbs and the state have very high rates of Mormonism and conformity to its ideals and stereotypes. Up to 90% in Utah County, dominated by Provo, where BYU, the LDS owned and conservative university is.

The SLC suburbs range lower to 70%. When I lived there, my social mistake was to live in Sandy, South of SLC and close to the closest ski resorts.

If I move back, I will definitely live in the Avenues. This is neighborhood less than a mile from the University of Utah and about the same to downtown.

I especially like the recommendation (from the top, here) to use AirBnB to take a place for a week or two and check out the places, sights, people and lifestyles. In addition, do check out Meetup.com in SLC! Consider both as essential to research your move.

Both meetup and SLC will give you social vectoring that bypasses the very chruch-centric social ambience.

People you'll meet via meetup there will either be newer to SLC or else in bars and clubs, "Jack Mormons" = dissenting from the church and its social conformism. And also non-momon locals.

Salt Lake City used to be dominated by conservative Catholics. Almost all the Mayors are Catholic. But like the ethnic scene, general economic growth, and the inflowing of Californians, this scene too has diversified.

Another island of diversity - and even years ago the place "where Mormons let down their hair" - is Park City. It is dominated by Californians - itself perhaps not really "diverse" so much as simply "dissenting" and not LDS!

Quote:Quote:

Salt Lake City's population has historically been predominantly white....99% until 1950.

At the 2010 census, the city's population was 75.1% White, 2.7% African American, 1.2% American Indian and Alaska Native, 4.4% Asian, 2.0% Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander, 10.7% from other races and 3.7% of mixed descent. 22.3% of the total population were Hispanic or Latino of any race. -Wikipedia

But back to neighborhoods. Again, if you target young females, the difference between the 'Y' (or BYU) and the 'U' (the University of Utah) is socially fundamental. The first is more conservative, traditional, and conformist. The second is - or tries to be - the opposite. And not only people who go there - but professionals who live or work nearer to these gravitational 'poles.'

What can be interesting, however, is that those conservative trads are the hotter looking women! - not the 'rebels' at the U.

The LDS Church, more than the Catholic church today, remains big on having Big families. (There are theological reasons for this not worth going into.) "Jack Mormons" or rebelling Mormons will flaunt themselves by smoking, drinking, having coffee - and pursuing sex! And hanging out with each other and rejecting their opposites.

It's the latter sorts who will be most open to exploring a relationship with you. But don't count out the trads - being evangelical, Mormons like to make converts. The young (and dumb) may be very open to going all the way just to get you interested in becoming Mormon!

When I lived in SLC, the saying was that living there was like living 20 or 30 years back in time. I think that's still true. Back to The Future.

Check out the Avenues, the Capital neighborhood just north of downtown, Sugar House (to the South of the Avenues), as well as the Foothills neighborhood, a few miles South of the U.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_Lake_...ghborhoods

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT