rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Slutcracker

The Slutcracker

I've been seeing ads for this all over the T...apparently it's a burlesque version of The Nutcracker. Never heard of it before but I guess it's a Boston thing.

Quote:Quote:

Looking for an alternative to all those goody-goody holiday shows? “The Slutcracker” begins its sixth season of sending up the beloved holiday ballet, “The Nutcracker,” in a raunchy burlesque parody beginning Saturday night at the Somerville Theatre.

http://artery.wbur.org/2013/11/29/

http://bcgavel.com/2013/12/10/slutcracke...henomenon/

Is there an overarching mission to SLUTCRACKER?

There’s a story line to carry the show. Instead of being siblings, Fritz and Clara get engaged; he’s no longer a brother. Her family is all vanilla and instead of a toy, her eccentric aunt gives her a dildo, which Fritz breaks, and it ultimately comes to life, inspiring a journey of sexual fantasy. People often ask me what my goals for the show are. My goals are simply for the show to be: high entertainment, beautiful, funny, a good night out, and a good show.

SLUTCRACKER, to me, is who I am and how I want the world to be: it promotes sex positivity, body image positivity, and diversity. The people in the show are pretty diverse, and represent a range of sexual orientations and body sizes. It’s not like ballet where a specific body type is required; you can use all sizes. It’s beautiful. Some people will go on Yelp, or whatever, and talk about how some people aren’t “hot” or how we use actual transvestites, and former strippers—and we do, and that’s what makes it beautiful and different.

So, I guess if your Christmas is missing some fat sluts and trannies, Boston has you covered.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

The Slutcracker

SLUTCRACKER, to me, is who I am and how I want the world to be: it promotes sex positivity, body image positivity, and diversity. The people in the show are pretty diverse, and represent a range of sexual orientations and body sizes. It’s not like ballet where a specific body type is required; you can use all sizes.

[Image: leap-smaller-version.jpg?w=470]

Imagine this coming at you on a stage.

[Image: Obesity-at-the-Ballet-Bar.jpg]

I'd say a couple of disc displacements are in the offing here.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

The Slutcracker

[Image: hippo-disney-o.gif]

If only you knew how bad things really are.

The Slutcracker

Ah yes.."burlesque" where mediocre to obese white women with shitty tattoos can reinvent themselves as hipster sex symbols.

The Slutcracker

The idea of fat and ugly ballerinas reminds me of Harrison Bergeron.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrison_Bergeron