rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Russia Bans George Soros' Open Society Foundation

Article from RT:

Quote:Quote:

Prosecutors ban Soros Foundation as ‘threat to Russian national security’

The Russian Prosecutor General’s Office has recognized George Soros’s Open Society Institute and another affiliated organization as undesirable groups, banning Russian citizens and organizations from participation in any of their projects.
In a statement released on Monday, prosecutors said the activities of the Open Society Institute and the Open Society Institute Assistance Foundation were a threat to the foundations of Russia’s Constitutional order and national security. They added that the Justice Ministry would be duly informed about these conclusions and would add the two groups to Russia’s list of undesirable foreign organizations.

Prosecutors launched a probe into the activities of the two organizations - both sponsored by the well-known US financier George Soros - in July this year, after Russian senators approved the so-called “patriotic stop-list” of 12 groups that required immediate attention over their supposed anti-Russian activities. Other groups on the list included the National Endowment for Democracy; the International Republican Institute; the National Democratic Institute; the MacArthur Foundation and Freedom House.

In late July, the Russian Justice Ministry recognized the US National Endowment for Democracy as an undesirable group after prosecutors discovered the US NGO had spent millions on attempts to question the legitimacy of Russian elections and tarnish the prestige of national military service.

The Law on Undesirable Foreign Organizations came into force in early June this year. It requires the Prosecutor General’s Office and the Foreign Ministry to draw up an official list of undesirable foreign organizations and outlaw their activities. Once a group is recognized as undesirable, its assets in Russia must be frozen, its offices closed and the distribution of any of its materials must be banned.

If the ban is violated, the personnel of the outlawed group and any Russian citizens who cooperate with them could face heavy fines, or even prison terms in the case of repeated or aggravated offences.

From what I understand, the Open Society hasn't been operating openly in Russia, but there are many Russians receiving grants and funding from Open Society and its umbrella organizations.

This is a good step for Russia. The MM will naturally accuse Russia of limiting free speech and activity, which it is, but it will definitely keep Russia from being overthrown by a 5th column. People like Soros are actively trying to undermine Russia, among other countries. We know that Soros is encouraging mass migration; why stop in Western Europe? He will never stop till he is dead. Im surprised Russia hasn't 'taken him out' yet.

Would be interesting if the Russians start digging into other NGOs and charities.

I bet they'd discover almost all have ties back to the same individuals at the end of the money trail.

"I'd hate myself if I had that kind of attitude, if I were that weak." - Arnold

Wow. Just goes to show we are not totally losing it around here.

PM me for accommodation options in Bangkok.

Where's the article link? Cmon man.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (11-30-2015 11:57 AM)dreambig Wrote:  

It's always good to be vindicated, even though it may take a long time for mainstream to pick up on it. I've been preaching the Soros - Oligarch - Putin connection for at least 5 years and I've been called conspiracy nut and worse.

Missing link is here: https://www.rt.com/politics/323919-soros...desirable/

You know, in my more libertarian days I would have been a lot less excited about this. Even though I wouldn't have felt too sorry for the group itself, I would have immediately thought about how people have freedom of association, etc. I would have thought that this was dangerous, because banning groups like this would legitimize a government that would do this at will to anyone.

But even though that's true in theory, I'm now more of the persuasion that in the real world, in the day and age we live in, a country will either wind up supporting right or wrong, regardless of what it says on paper. Gay pride parades are a "right" in the U.S., but refusing to make a gay wedding cake will get you sued. Meanwhile in Russia, gays cannot propagandize minors, but the president actually honors real families that have lots of kids.

Notice how neither of those situations are "equal". But I know which one is better. Regardless of some theory of rights, I think the U.S. will (for the short-term at least) get weaker and more degenerate, and Russia will get stronger and more traditional. Banning this group is a good thing for Russia, and I believe Russians are lucky to have a strong leader that actually seems to care about them.

Quote: (11-30-2015 12:19 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

Where's the article link? Cmon man.

Quote: (11-30-2015 12:29 PM)nomadbrah Wrote:  

Quote: (11-30-2015 11:57 AM)dreambig Wrote:  

It's always good to be vindicated, even though it may take a long time for mainstream to pick up on it. I've been preaching the Soros - Oligarch - Putin connection for at least 5 years and I've been called conspiracy nut and worse.

Missing link is here: https://www.rt.com/politics/323919-soros...desirable/

Whoops forgot to include it. Thanks for posting it.

These types of organisations are nefarious fronts. The names are always innocuous in order to be misleading - 'Open Society' etc. Credit to Russia's officials for having hard testicles.

Quote: (11-30-2015 12:42 PM)SirTimothy Wrote:  

You know, in my more libertarian days I would have been a lot less excited about this. Even though I wouldn't have felt too sorry for the group itself, I would have immediately thought about how people have freedom of association, etc. I would have thought that this was dangerous, because banning groups like this would legitimize a government that would do this at will to anyone.

But even though that's true in theory, I'm now more of the persuasion that in the real world, in the day and age we live in, a country will either wind up supporting right or wrong, regardless of what it says on paper. Gay pride parades are a "right" in the U.S., but refusing to make a gay wedding cake will get you sued. Meanwhile in Russia, gays cannot propagandize minors, but the president actually honors real families that have lots of kids.

Notice how neither of those situations are "equal". But I know which one is better. Regardless of some theory of rights, I think the U.S. will (for the short-term at least) get weaker and more degenerate, and Russia will get stronger and more traditional. Banning this group is a good thing for Russia, and I believe Russians are lucky to have a strong leader that actually seems to care about them.

I agree with this. I'm a huge advocate of free speech, free market, basically keeping the government out of my life as much as possible, as long as I am hurting no one.

However, I believe there are people out there who have a goal of destroying straight white men and what we stand for, for whatever reason. To those people, I hope they get drawn and quartered.

I don't know a lot about Soros, but from the bit I'm reading around here, he seems like one of those people. Putin seems the opposite. I hope we get a leader similar to him very soon.

Quote: (11-30-2015 03:08 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

I don't know a lot about Soros, but from the bit I'm reading around here, he seems like one of those people. Putin seems the opposite. I hope we get a leader similar to him very soon.

[Image: b227d4c13d572dffd1624b1ad18d67efcf8bcf1e...1b00_1.jpg]

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

Soros is a name you probably should be familiar with. He's one of the world's biggest pushers of SJW-ism. Among other things he's funded FEMEN, a host of pro-immigration reform groups in the US, and eugenics organizations.

This is the page on Soros's "Open Society Foundation" that describes what he does:

https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/p...orge-soros

In a nutshell, this "foundation" exists to do the following, and I quote:

Soros began his philanthropy in 1979, giving scholarships to black South Africans under apartheid. In the 1980s, he helped undermine Communism in the Eastern Bloc by providing Xerox machines to copy banned texts, and supporting cultural exchanges with the West.

After the fall of the Berlin Wall, he created Central European University to promote critical thinking. He expanded his philanthropy to the United States, Africa, and Asia, and his Open Society Foundations have supported paralegals and lawyers to represent thousands of individuals who were unlawfully being held, sometimes for years and without any legal representation.

He underwrote the largest and most concerted effort in history to bring the Roma people of Europe into the mainstream. The Foundations have provided school and university fees for thousands of promising students, including young Roma, refugees from armed conflicts, and young people from other marginalized groups.

George Soros helped establish an international system to bring transparency and accountability to the natural resource extraction industries, whose practice of making secret payoffs to local tyrants has for decades fueled some of the world’s worst political unrest and most heinous violence. He has supported independent organizations such as Global Witness, the International Crisis Group, the European Council on Foreign Relations, and the Institute for New Economic Thinking.

So, right off the bat, he admits that he deliberately tried to undermine other governments. He also wants to give money to Gypsies and refugees.

This guy seems like a profiteer.

His message is: "open up your society, so I can have access to more markets, and I can make a lot of money."

Purely self-serving.

Quote: (11-30-2015 03:48 PM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

This guy seems like a profiteer.

His message is: "open up your society, so I can have access to more markets, and I can make a lot of money."

Purely self-serving.

Oh he's a profiteer alright. He's infamous for manipulating currencies and wreaking havoc on markets.

He 'broke' the Bank of England:

http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/...ngland.asp

He did the same thing to Malaysia:

Quote:Quote:

Former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad accused George Soros of ruining Malaysia's economy with "massive currency speculation". Soros claims to have been a buyer of the ringgit during its fall, having sold it short in 1997.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_Asian...ial_crisis

He's the 'money changer in the temple' the Bible warns about.

He also has his fingerprints all over Ukraine and other color revolutions. The list could go on...

Heh.
Whether it was the punk band Pussy Riot or Soros & his affiliates.
The chickens came home to roost.

I'm not surprised the Russians are against Soros.
Soros is using the Russian playbook for radical activism.
The Russians recognize the tactics & ploys from a mile away.

He tried to ruin the Ruble.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busine...71543.html

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12989415/...ussia.html

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1998-...-kiriyenko (article from 1998)

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

My Thai girlfriend hated him. Said he tried to ruin Thailand. I had never heard of him until she told me about him. She wasn't a fan.

Quintus touched on something else that's important: this support of the Roma. Those of you on here who study esoteric history will recognize that gene pool as being extremely important to the people who run the planet.

Quote: (11-30-2015 11:36 AM)Benoit Wrote:  

Would be interesting if the Russians start digging into other NGOs and charities.

I bet they'd discover almost all have ties back to the same individuals at the end of the money trail.

The digging is well and truly underway... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_foreign_agent_law

Some (Soros) and a few others didn't get the hint, so they were given some more encouragement: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_un...ations_law

[Image: icon_mrgreen.gif]

Other organisations which have been encouraged to leave include:
Transparency International
Carnegie Moscow Center
The National Endowment for Democracy
The MacArthur Foundation
The Charles Stewart Mott Foundation

Quote: (11-30-2015 08:18 PM)Easy_C Wrote:  

Quintus touched on something else that's important: this support of the Roma. Those of you on here who study esoteric history will recognize that gene pool as being extremely important to the people who run the planet.
Please elaborate. I thought Gypsies were pretty reviled by the entire world? Why are they so important to the global overlords?

Quote: (11-30-2015 07:55 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

My Thai girlfriend hated him. Said he tried to ruin Thailand. I had never heard of him until she told me about him. She wasn't a fan.

Check out this page which details all the places Soros puts his money (as far as I can tell, this list is limited to the USA):Discover the Networks: Soros

"Intellectuals are naturally attracted by the idea of a planned society, in the belief that they will be in charge of it" -Roger Scruton

Soros is a Jew who sold out other Jews to the Nazis in WWII. He is beyond contemptible. And anything he's involved it in is 100000000000% fucking wrong and evil.

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

- President Donald J. Trump

Quote: (11-30-2015 08:41 PM)porscheguy Wrote:  

Quote: (11-30-2015 08:18 PM)Easy_C Wrote:  

Please elaborate. I thought Gypsies were pretty reviled by the entire world? Why are they so important to the global overlords?

Gypsies were used as the henchmen for the establishment in the Soviet Union. They have always been a diaspora and would be used to dole out punishment to local native populations because natives would be to lenient and couldn't stomach harming their own people to such an extent as their commie overlords wanted.

Thus, they have no allegiance and are always despised for valid historical reasons.

You can see the same thing happening now with these efforts to diversify and nationalize both police and military. More diversity on campuses as well to ensure that whitey is kept in line by non-white mobs.

The Maximally Pathetic Schema: Xs who labor to convince Ys that “I’m not one of those despicable Zs!,” when in fact it is obvious to the meanest intelligence that the Ys see no difference between Xs and Zs, don’t care anyway, and would love to throw both Xs and Zs into a gulag.

- Adrian Vermeule

I quite enjoyed Soros' theory of reflexivity, finding it to be the piece that completes behavioral economics. But he's still a huge piece of shit.

George Soros is the Narrative, full stop. I cannot think of a single person who has been more successful in advancing the ideology of Globalist Progressivism in the modern era.

Everything that is done to impede and disrupt his activities is a win for us, and for the international Conservative movement as a whole.

HSLD

Quote: (11-30-2015 11:11 PM)HighSpeed_LowDrag Wrote:  

George Soros is the Narrative, full stop. I cannot think of a single person who has been more successful in advancing the ideology of Globalist Progressivism in the modern era.

Everything that is done to impede and disrupt his activities is a win for us, and for the international Conservative movement as a whole.

We should really rename this from "conservative" to "survival" at this point. It's way beyond political ideology now. The stakes are pretty damn clear.