rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ash vs Evil Dead Thread [TV]

Anyone checked it out yet?

[Image: show1.jpg]

Comedy horror and cult classic brought back from the dead... reuniting original filmmakers Sam Rami and Rob Tapert and starring Bruce Campbell.

I've picked up on some mild game references and the politically incorrectness is refreshing.

Yes it's cheesy as hell, that's the point! [Image: banana.gif]

You can stream it here.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

I've watched all the episodes so far. Good fun, but seems to be moving along rather slowly considering it's already half way through the 10 episodes season (and each episode only 30 minutes instead of the more typical ~42 to 50+ minutes, excluding ads).

Of the old movies I'm pretty sure I've only actually seen Army of Darkness - which is not directly referenced in this new show, presumably due to rights legalities. But Bruce Campbell is always great (really mostly familiar with him from Burn Notice and his recurring role on the old campy Hercules and Xena shows).

I watched the first episode, it was ok, but not enough for me to continue watching. Mitt Romney is getting a little long in the tooth for this character anyway. Movies were much better.

Im a huge Evil Dead fan...I saw Army of Darkness opening night when I was about 12 or 13. I have a personal bias against actors taking back up roles that they were famous for when they were much younger(When I heard Harrison Ford was going to do another Indiana Jones I knew it was going to be shit. Im sure this is better and I'll check it out soon enough but I have some doubts. I guess I need to stop being a negative nancy.

Watched every episode so far and enjoyed it.
Just wish the episodes would be longer than 30 minutes and the plot would be more fast-paced.

Yeah. This show has been excellent entertainment.

http://www.ashvsevildeadstore.com/wearab...=117637575

Much, much better than I expected it to be. Entertainment value is pretty high so I recommend it.

After the latest episode.
Might have to try - "String your racquet." - as an opener.

Anyone notice how Kelly had already friendzoned Pablo, but the moment another chick (a much hotter blonde Aussie) comes along and wants to bang Pablo Kelly goes out of her way to sabotage the bang?

This bitch won't bang Pablo (fair enough; he has negative game) but will go out of her way to cockblock? Roosh was right; cockblocking is an epidemic.

"This old dog's tired of the junkyard trash. I'm hungerin' for some of that showroom ass."

Love this show- I like zombie-themed horror and am a big fan of "The Walking Dead." This show is a good antidote for TWD's gloomy, maudlin atmosphere- less exposition, and a lot of campy, gory fun. The half-hour format seems to help that along.

I'm not as much of a fan of "Fear the Walking Dead." I watched the first series of episodes but found it to be too preachy and slow (with a little bit of SJW undertones based on the Hispanic character's backstory).

Love this show. Ash is the fucking alpha that women love to hate to love - lives in a trailer, works a shit job, still bangs hot chicks night and day even while missing a hand.

Hail to the king.

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth

Episode 9.
Well, so much for trusting a chick.

Quote: (12-22-2015 02:23 AM)Anti-Riot Wrote:  

Anyone notice how Kelly had already friendzoned Pablo, but the moment another chick (a much hotter blonde Aussie) comes along and wants to bang Pablo Kelly goes out of her way to sabotage the bang?

This bitch won't bang Pablo (fair enough; he has negative game) but will go out of her way to cockblock? Roosh was right; cockblocking is an epidemic.

Pablo confronted her about it in the most beta way..he should not have bothered... and she gave some BS hamsterised response.

Honestly it is really cringe watching him run negative try hard game , so I really can't blame the Jewish chick for telling the hot Aussie he has a BF.

That said every scene with Ash is awesome, Bruce Campbell really owns that role, true alpha.

Still going strong.

For the guys who think Pablo is being cockblocked I think you might be wrong. In this case I think she really does want him for herself. Only a matter of time.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Pablo's behavior is painful. At first I was sympathetic because I thought they were going to go with a "Beta to Badass" arc with Ash as his mentor but he's just so weak.

Hopefully he'll do something more interesting than pining after "damaged goods" Kelly now that he has the Necronomicon stuck to his face.

But, always a treat to see Ash do what he does best, and that's all that really matters anyway.

"This old dog's tired of the junkyard trash. I'm hungerin' for some of that showroom ass."

Quote: (12-27-2015 11:06 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

Still going strong.

For the guys who think Pablo is being cockblocked I think you might be wrong. In this case I think she really does want him for herself. Only a matter of time.

I agree.
She comes across as being more realistic and hard-nosed than Pablo.
Her comment on how people are dying left and right and that now is not exactly the right time to start anything seemed pretty sensible to me.
I thought it was pretty obvious that she wasn't only talking about the blonde chick.

Otherwise, looking forward to the last episode.
Why exactly would Ash trust and even give the book to this sketchy bitch who demonstrated that she would have no hang-ups about killing him though.
Looked a little out of character to me.

Quote: (01-01-2016 12:15 PM)Celtic_Austrian Wrote:  

Quote: (12-27-2015 11:06 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

Still going strong.

I agree.
She comes across as being more realistic and hard-nosed than Pablo.
Her comment on how people are dying left and right and that now is not exactly the right time to start anything seemed pretty sensible to me.
I thought it was pretty obvious that she wasn't only talking about the blonde chick.

Otherwise, looking forward to the last episode.
Why exactly would Ash trust and even give the book to this sketchy bitch who demonstrated that she would have no hang-ups about killing him though.
Looked a little out of character to me.

The fact that Ash choose to trust the sketchy bitch over his acid trip not only teaches us men to not trust women....but also to actually trust our gut instincts more as a man.

I'm surprised that Ash, aswell as Pablo and Kelly trusted her even though she saved them...like they are hardened enough to know to think twice.

Very big plot hole indeed.

I've seen the first 6 episodes. Than switched cable providers. I thought it was hilarious Pablo carrot top pissed of the demon that was trying to seduce him, by being beta/clingy.

Awesome last episode, just saw it.

Not too sure about the ending though, how did that make sense?
It poses more questions than it answers.
Only because with Ash doing the sensible thing there would be nothing left for season 2?

Quote: (01-06-2016 01:52 PM)Celtic_Austrian Wrote:  

Awesome last episode, just saw it.

Not too sure about the ending though, how did that make sense?
It poses more questions than it answers.
Only because with Ash doing the sensible thing there would be nothing left for season 2?

Can't end a first season of a TV series with everything neatly concluded.
Also while I never actually watched the original movies (only Army of Darkness) this show hasn't really given me the impression that Ash is an entirely sensible guy.
But he did turn down Ruby's offer the first time and only accepted the second time to save Pablo and... forgot her name (I think I remember the name of the blonde whose name Ash couldn't remember though). He seemed quite capable of happily half deluding himself that everything was all right on the drive towards the Jacksonville paradise at the end though.

Enjoying it a lot.

"First I need to do some more cardio. My heart is jackhammering like a quarterback on prom night"

[Image: biggrin.gif][Image: biggrin.gif][Image: biggrin.gif]

Just noticed today that we are already in the middle of season 2!
How could I miss that, it's binge watching time.

What can I say so far, I'm at episode 4 now, and it's much more high energy than the last season.
Now that the whole pesky character and worldbuilding is out of the way, there's no brakes on this show!
[Image: banana.gif]

Wait until you get to the most recent episode. I don't know if he's coming back from that, but I'm wondering how they'll handle it in the next episode. There's not enough stitches to put humpty dumpty back together again. I wasn't expecting them to do that either.

"Their emotional waves will swamp you if you're just quietly-floating, so you need to learn to surf." - AnonymousBosch

||Learn How to Sing Datasheet||

Poor Pablo...

"You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it." -Monsieur Gustave H, The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Ketosis Datasheet
Diet Update #1