rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wearing a digital watch

Wearing a digital watch

Does wearing a digital watch (like G-Shock digital watches; some people call them sports watches) if you’re out of college make you look worse? Is it unfashionable? Does it look juvenile? What do women think of guys who wear digital watches? Would it look bad if you wore it on a date?

Wearing a digital watch

Your game is a matter of congruency.

I dress like a construction worker usually. Flannel shirts, boots, beard, and a G-Shock watch. Women describe me as a lumberjack. Rocking a G-Shock or Pathfinder watch has never caused me issues.

Some of my friends dress more stylish - suits, ties, pocket square, and a dress watch.

Personally, what I do is own a bunch of watches - including a dress watch (Hamilton self winding watch), which I'll wear if I need to dress fancy. But day to day, it's the G-Shock. I wear the dress watch about once a month, if that. (I'm typing this from a log cabin with a woman, wearing a G-Shock watch as she's doing my laundry).

More important thing - if you're worried about how she's going to judge you based on what you're wearing, you're already putting her on a pedestal and fucked. Wear whatever you're comfortable in, and don't try and adopt a style to maximize your poon potential. Instead, adopt a style that's congruent with your personality and interests, and don't apologize for it. If you're insecure about it, she'll pick up on that instantly.

Final note - how you dress WILL affect the types of girls you pick up, sort of. If you like hipster women, they usually date hipster looking guys, with some exceptions. If you want a fancy dress up broad, she's probably looking for a dude who wears a suit, pocket square, dress watch, etc. (though she might blow the bartender in a Metallica shirt, which is like, so unlike her, tee tee). Other times it's just completely random - I know very conservative looking girls who say they're attracted to "scuzzy dudes", "dudes with big beards" or "rockers." I also know conservative looking girls who are generally attracted to conservative looking guys.

Given that's the case, I just choose to dress in what I like, and what's functional for my profession (construction lawyer). I used to do the suit and tie thing, and found that my bangs actually increased by dressing blue collar.

Wearing a digital watch

Quote: (11-27-2015 01:25 PM)h5757 Wrote:  

Does wearing a digital watch (like G-Shock digital watches; some people call them sports watches) if you’re out of college make you look worse? Is it unfashionable? Does it look juvenile? What do women think of guys who wear digital watches? Would it look bad if you wore it on a date?

engineers, sports dudes, young people, a genre/subculture (rap?) aside most watches are not in this camp. it can be worn nicely but also easy to fuck it up. so there is no yes/no answer here.
it can fit in well with the style or it can depict a man who grew up but haven't matured up in watch department yet.

this one would get compliments or at least I can guarantee you it won't screw up his game: http://www.fabandflythings.com/wp-conten...-Watch.bmp

checking a fashion magazine or ideally a watch magazine if you can find one would be a good research. here is a direct page for you: http://montre24.com/watchmagazine/108/
wear it if you can wear it in a way it adds to your overall style score (if you are in doubt, probably better to avoid and go with one of the more classic ones).

if you already have it, perhaps post a picture of yourself (remove the face!) wearing the watch and we can give you a more direct response.
if just thinking about buying it, post your picture and the watch - for an imaginery photoshop and comments.

Wearing a digital watch

Women don't notice watches.

(on the whole...although I know for sure my Rolex has sealed the deal, or at least made it easier, with a few gold digging types)

Wearing a digital watch

Quote: (11-28-2015 10:36 PM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

Women don't notice watches.

(on the whole...although I know for sure my Rolex has sealed the deal, or at least made it easier, with a few gold digging types)

Agreed.
Unless your watch is some high quality or extremely low quality - no one will notice.

Game is about Attitude. Your watch is not the issue, it the attitude.

"I love a fulfilling and sexual relationship. That is why I make the effort to have many of those" - TheMaleBrain
"Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Wearing a digital watch

Quote: (11-27-2015 01:25 PM)h5757 Wrote:  

Girls notice everything, but not everything they notice makes a difference in terms of the bang.

If I were to go digital, I might go Al Qaeda

[Image: 200px-Casio_F-91W_5051.jpg]
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casio_F-91W

Or 80's retro

[Image: 51z5PqYU1IL._UX342_.jpg]

WIA

Wearing a digital watch

Here is a guy that sells "cheap" watches many of which can help pull off a cool look for less money because the brand is not well known yet or because the designs are more interesting that the typical stuff in a mall.

Your watch should be

1. Functional to your actual lifestyle. If you are a globe trotting guy like Global Entry or Chaos you might need to drop 10K on one of these just to keep track of all the time zones.

2. You should not worry about what girls think. Watches are men's instruments which are first for your utility and second to send a message to other men. Any girls that look at watches are gold diggers.

3. If you get into expensive stuff you are entering world of un-spoken messages. It's a little like high end cars but kind of like carrying a message fewer people can understand.

You should buy and wear what you like and what works for you. I am fully in favor of the mass digital watches over Chinese dress junk from the department stores pretending to be something it isn't.

I also have a drawer with a few $9 casios from walyworld ready to go on trips to places with high theft. On my last taxi ride before flying home I give it to the taxi driver as his gratuity. "Watch" for this funny fact: your third world taxi driver to the airport will never have a watch.

Wearing a digital watch

so what are you sporting op?

Wearing a digital watch

I left the analog game behind until I can scoop a nice, high-end automatic diving watch.

I'm currently rocking the classic A168W-1

[Image: a168w-1_medium.jpg]

I wish it had a countdown timer, but beyond that I wear it in the shower or doing whatever. It's cheap but effective as a simple watch. There are also blacked out versions that are similar if you're going for something more tactical.

If you want to go high-end on the digital side, I'd check out the M354 Memory Bank from Seiko

Seen in this fine image:

[Image: ga017-seiko-m354-bond.jpg?itok=RXrU99Xy]

(link here)

or the Hamilton Pulsar, featured here...

[Image: ga063-hamilton-pulsar-p2-2900-led-digita...k=fVsH1JeJ]

Or the less interesting picture here:

[Image: ga063-hamilton-pulsar-p2-2900-led-digita...k=Bl3YCkN-]

Per Ardua Ad Astra | "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum"

Cobra and I did some awesome podcasts with awesome fellow members.

Wearing a digital watch

Look into "Invicta" watches. They're an affordable brand of Rolex-style watches you can get on Amazon or in Costco.

Wearing a digital watch

[quote='h3ltrsk3ltr' pid='1164918' dateline='1449442284']
or the Hamilton Pulsar, featured here...

[Image: ga063-hamilton-pulsar-p2-2900-led-digita...k=fVsH1JeJ]
[quote]

I don't know much about watches but I'd definitely tell those fun bags what time it was, Good God the Millennium Falcon could hide in that cleavage shadow

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Wearing a digital watch

My go to watches:

Timex T2M441 Easy Reader Gold-Tone
[Image: 81ihDNfow6L._UY679_.jpg]
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004XILGA8

The band it comes with looks cheap so I bought this one and replaced it: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001F0PTNW
Use the original band gold colored buckle on the new band.

I know, I know, it's a Timex. But it looks like and is similar quality compared to other gold-faced leather watches, at a fraction of the price. Being brown leather, it looks good when you're wearing it with nice shoes and leather belts. The band I linked to is almost half the price of the watch, but takes the appearance from 'obvious timex wannabe watch' to 'hey what kind of watch is that?' The indiglo light and date display make it surprisingly useful. At $40, you're not gonna miss it if it gets stolen.

Total cost: ~$40 at amazon's current prices

Fossil Men's Stainless Steel Chronograph Black Dial Watch
[Image: 81574MgbSaL._UY500_.jpg]

My everyday watch. Matches with pretty much everything. Personally I think a nice metal band watch can make a casual outfit like shorts and t shirt look more 'high end'. Not sure if this would still be my first choice if I was shopping for a new watch today: black and white face is a bit tacky, but the thing is a beast. I've worn it everyday for almost 10 years and it's still going strong. Hands and tick marks glow in the dark. Getting more pricey, but still reasonable.

Cost: ~$95 at current prices.

I also have an old Timex sportswatch that's over 15 years old and has a timer, stop watch, night light, alarm clock, and keeps track of the day of the week and day of the month. It's amazing to think that ancient emperors would have probably waged wars to attain something that useful, but I keep it at home because its not "stylish enough". I don't know what that says about me. I still bring it along on travel for a backup watch/alarm clock/calendar.