rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Help me take the next step

I’m slowly waking up to the fact that most of the bullshit personal melodramas and narratives that permeate my thoughts and dictate my actions are basically worthless. They do nothing but impede my progress in life, keep me in a shit mood, and act as buffers protecting my ego from my subconscious fears. I think the only way for me to break out of this rut is to take massive action and take it now.

As a longtime lurker I know you guys are wary of posters that haven’t yet contributed to the forum but there’s a lot of great men and wisdom on this board and it would be foolish for a young guy like me not to at least try asking for advice.

Just to give you quick look at my situation, I’m an early 20’s white dude from a small town. No college. Introverted. Well traveled. Solid nutrition and gym habits. History of problems with addiction. I’ve done well making it work through side hustles and now have some savings as well as equity in a business that’s paying me about 2k usd per month hands off. I’ve taken care of my immediate family so I have no emotional ties to any location and can go pretty much anywhere.

My question to you gents is, what sorts of professions or crafts nowadays make sense for a young dude with an entrepreneurial mind to pursue? And in what location? I’ve gained a lot of wisdom (for my age) and abstract knowledge through my exploits and obsessive reading over the years but it’s time to dedicate myself to something concrete and start building for the long-term. Could going back to school be in my best interest? Studying what? Alternatively, what fields are booming either now or will be in the future that I can independently immerse myself in, master, and eventually cash in on?

Appreciate any and all advice or ideas and I look forward to giving back to the board as I go through my journey

This forum has stories upon stories of men who have cut the cord and done something interesting.

However, only YOU can decide what the most appropriate next step is. The easiest solution to that is to make yourself some goals. Personally, I have a long range goal of being a world wide dictator of the NWO who persecutes liberals and college professors. However, I get bogged down by details so I keep it simple with short term goals that are met.

We can't tell you what to do next. In fact I bet if you tried to follow someone's advice of "do z,y,z" you'd be unhappy doing it.

Quote: (11-26-2015 06:40 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

This forum has stories upon stories of men who have cut the cord and done something interesting.

However, only YOU can decide what the most appropriate next step is. The easiest solution to that is to make yourself some goals. Personally, I have a long range goal of being a world wide dictator of the NWO who persecutes liberals and college professors. However, I get bogged down by details so I keep it simple with short term goals that are met.

We can't tell you what to do next. In fact I bet if you tried to follow someone's advice of "do z,y,z" you'd be unhappy doing it.

I agree 100 percent that this is a decision that I alone have to make but that being said there's a lot of people on this board that know a hell of a lot more than I do so it can't hurt to ask around about where the money and opportunities will be the most plentiful over the next 5-25 years.

Your long range goal is more admirable than mine, I just eventually want to settle down in Dubai and fly in instagram "models" on the reg. I hear they do some very fine work.

You already have an arrow inside you pointing in the direction you want to go Jimmy, you just have to part the clouds and look beyond to the endgame, and figure out what step number one is.

Have an endgame, sure some men may tell you just take it day by day, which is true, but you have to know what you're struggling for.

I wouldn't recommend university unless you are going into engineering or a medical profession.

Computers is where the money is. You can always do a 3 year programming degree at most colleges, and do an internship while in school. Which will give you the experience you need to get quality jobs after you graduate. Many different avenues in IT to go into and also start something if you choose.

Quote: (11-27-2015 05:39 PM)ballsyamog Wrote:  

Computers is where the money is. You can always do a 3 year programming degree at most colleges, and do an internship while in school. Which will give you the experience you need to get quality jobs after you graduate. Many different avenues in IT to go into and also start something if you choose.

Don't have to go to school. It helps, but not a must.
If you are an entrepreneur, teach yourself to code. Create your own website/projects as internship.
Then try to create several businesses (you will fail, but you do it to learn how-to). Then one or more of your ventures will succeed.
Good luck on the journey.

"I love a fulfilling and sexual relationship. That is why I make the effort to have many of those" - TheMaleBrain
"Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine" - Obi-Wan Kenobi