rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Northampton UK Datasheet

Northampton UK Datasheet

So you find yourself in Northampton UK and are wondering where to game?

I did notice that a lot of datasheets were for large or major cities. I have not seen one for locations that are somewhat off the beaten track so to speak. As this is a town that I am familiar with I thought I would write one.

Contents
i) Background Info on the Town
ii) Day Game
iii) Night Game
iv) Misc Information

i) Background Info on the Town

Northampton is a large town (UK standards) in the UK with a rough stable population of about 220,000 it also has a university that has around 20,000 students. It is also the largest town in the county of Northamptonshire as well as the largest town in the UK, there are cities that are bigger. It has one train station and is about a 90 minute car journey to both London & Birmingham. There is a sizeable migrant community, mostly from various EE countries.

ii) Day Game.

For day game your best bet is to place yourself on Abington Street, which has a shopping mall and is busy everyday. The street is probably about half a mile long in total and runs through the centre of the town.

Your other prime location would be at the two major university campuses. Located just off a park area known as Racecouse and the largest which is located in the Kingsthrope/Moulton Park area of town. These two are about and 10 and 15 minute bus/car ride respectively. Both campuses have students living on them.

Another highly populated area is the hospital, which is located about 3 minutes walk from the very top of Abington Street.

iii) Night Game.

There is two distinct bar districts, town centre and Wellingborough Road (Welly Road). Each attracts a different sort of crowd. There are however a few bars dotted about the place that are worth a mention.

Town centre is, obviously, the main area and is much busier and is much better for all types of players. There is a very large selection venues to chose from. Ranging from Cocktail bars, nightclubs and a few dive bars too.

Lounge/Cocktail bars.

Borjia
Located on Castillian Street, Borjia plays some of the best music I’ve heard in Northampton. It is a small venue (one room) and the crowd tends to be older and more classier. The bouncers are often strict on dress code of smart casual. It is expensive, I paid £5 for a single shot of Grey Goose, alcohol selection is superb. It does get quite busy, the smoking area is small but has a cool wooden bench. On the outside the venue looks like an old French chateau – similar themed inside as it quite dark and gothic styled. Everybody inside is friendly and talkative. The venue is very safe to take a girl to. Free entry.

Sazeracs
Located opposite Borjia, Sazeracs is in many ways identical to Borjia. Except is much brighter inside, the drinks are equally deer and it is another safe venue to take a girl to. Sazeracs gets busy in the late evenings. Free entry.

Baroque
At the very top of Castillian Street but located on St Giles Street is Baroque. Baroque is another cocktail bar that has a very large spirit selection. It does not have mixers on tap and looks somewhat drab inside. I have never seen it get busy. Free entry.

Black Bottom Club
A superb venue with amazing potential. Similar in style to both Borjia and Sazeracs but fails ultimately. It is the only night venue in the town centre to have it’s own private carpark. The place has good spirit selection and a fantastic smoking area. The bar is commonly known as being private members only however I’ve been a few times and have never been asked to join. From my own experience it does seem cliquey however I’ve only really been to the smoking area. It is very quiet inside due to poor marketing. BBC is located just at the very top of Bridge street but is not that easy to find. I don’t think too many people actually know where it is. £5 entry.

Church
The same company who operate the above owns Church. Located at the very bottom of Bridge Street. I can’t comment much here as I have never been. From what I have heard though it is a cocktail by night, restaurant by day.

Revolutions
A very generic cocktail bar that is also a well known chain in the UK. It takes quite a while to get served as the staff meticulously make fancy coloured cocktails for girls. The girls who go there are more often than not in largish groups but do dress quite sexy. A solo player should avoid this bar as all crowd are more often than not cliquey. Revolutions is located on Bridge Street. £5-10 entry

Nightclubs

NBs
Essentially the go to club of Northampton, open 6 nights a week and can get very busy on a weekend. Student nights are Wednesdays and it is opposite Revolutions. Inside NBs has 5 bars, 2 of which are located in the smoking area. The smoking area is large and has a BBQ area selling food. Inside there are 3 rooms. Main room with a very long bar running from the left hand side down to the dance floor, main rooms plays generic dance music and other music popular in all nightclubs. The room on the left is the Hip Hop room and is always packed. The bar is not as big but the dance floor is huge. Both of those rooms attached to a grotto type area with a few seats by a cocktail bar. That bar has best selection of spirits but takes forever to get served. As it is the most popular venue that crowd has a lot of younger girls there. Bouncers are strict on IDs though. I do recall chatting to a 17 year old Russian there once. Can be friendly in here. £5-10 entry.

Balloon Bar
Located down an alleyway next to NBs but behind BBC. I’ve heard many people talk about the place but have not actually checked it out. £5-10 entry.

Panache
Up the hill from NBs. Never spent any significant time there to pass comment but does have a stripper pole.

Fever
Is an EE bar a few minutes walk from Bridge Street. Located just off of Gold Street. The drinks are cheap, has one bar inside and one bar in the smoking area. Two dance floors, one inside and one out. Largely plays techno music, such as house. You will not find very many English people in there. The place is open to about 5 or 6 AM. If I ever go there it is the final venue I visit. £5-10 entry.

The Old Bank
Whilst not an amazing venue this place does get very busy. It is the pre drink venue for most uni students before they go to NBs. Located at the very bottom of St Giles Street it is not far from any of the other bars. The place has a large smoking area and two pool tables. The drinks are lower to middle in terms of quality. People are friendly. Free entry.

There are a few other venues that could fit into this category but I have never been to or found them to really suck. So there is not much point in mentioning them.

Pubs

Cordwainer
Cordy is a Lloyds bar, which is a Whetherspoons by day and bar by night. Has a large smoking area and is generally a pre drink bar as the drinks are not expensive. There are two bars, one upstairs with seating area, one down stairs with a dance floor. Most of the people here will go onto one of the others bars, usually NBs. Free entry.

Whilst there are a number of other pubs around this area I have not been to them so can not comment

Welly Road

Nightclubs

Bar SO
The only nightclub in this part of town. Does not get as busy as it does in town centre. I don’t really have a good memory of my time in there. Seemed fairly quiet with one bar, upstairs smoking area and one dancefloor. I do remember it having a more relexed vibe compared with town centre. £5 entry

Stripclubs

Urban Tiger
Northamptons only strip club is opposite Bar SO. It does have decent spirits and a pool table and a tiny smoking area. Does not get very busy, as it seems there is about one dancer for every customer. Overall I wouldn’t bother going here as the drinks, whilst decent, are expensive. The girls are, as expected, friendly. £10 entry.

Pubs

There are numerous bars along this road from the Jesus Centre to Costcutter. They are all much a like from one another with the exception of Crown and Cushion, which can get busy. Drugs are easy to get in this area. All pubs are free entry.

Other bars to note

Princess Alexandra
Has an extremely large beer selection which they regularly switch around. Does have a decent spirit selection too, especially if you like Whisky or Rum. Vodka and gin choice is limited. They do an 88% vodka though. It is an expensive place to drink £3.95 for the cheapest pint and if you are a spirits person you best like it neat as the mixer will set you back £2. The bar looks absolutely amazing inside and the bar staff are very friendly. It can get very busy on a weekend. Does seem to be hipsterish though. Very safe venue to take a girl to, the staff have nicknamed it ‘first date bar’. Free entry.

Lamplighter
Very similar to the above but regularly plays live music and comedy. Free entry

The County
Located just next to the county cricket ground this is another pub that is quite upmarket. Free entry.

iv) Misc Information

The girls in Northampton are quite easy to pull as is anywhere in the UK. As there is a significant amount of uni students no one here should have many problems with them. I have witnessed the odd fight here and there I’d say that Northampton is a fairly safe town. There are noticeable amount of homelessness that around town centre. Sometimes they beg, sometimes they don’t. There are some large companies based here such as Barclaycard, Travis Perkins and Avon are based here. Wellingborough and Kettering are two towns not far away that have a fairly largish population too.

Northampton is mostly a night game location. If you do visit here I hope this will help guide yourself around.

-J

Northampton UK Datasheet

Excellent data sheet!

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Northampton UK Datasheet

Detailed datasheets about somewhat obscure cities like this are exactly what makes this forum great. They're just so useful when traveling - its information you really won't come across elsewhere on the internet.

Northampton UK Datasheet

Great datasheet, I have been to Northampton a few times (never for social purposes though), and it seemed alright. A great little nugget of a datasheet, very concise.

Northampton UK Datasheet

My advice to anyone who finds themselves in Northampton...leave!

Northampton UK Datasheet

Quote: (11-12-2015 12:17 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

May I ask why?

Northampton UK Datasheet

I gotta admit I laughed when I saw the thread title 'Northampton UK Datasheet', but after having a look at it, it's really useful.
We should have as many cities, towns as possible, doesn't matter how small or obscure.

"Especially Roosh offers really good perspectives. But like MW said, at the end of the day, is he one of us?"

- Reciproke, posted on the Roosh V Forum.

Northampton UK Datasheet

Quote: (11-12-2015 07:49 AM)Hazaer Wrote:  

May I ask why?

All provincial shit holes are the same in this country.

What specifically would you like to know?

Northampton UK Datasheet

Provincial town in England are sometimes the best gaming spots. Easier pulls/bangs, compared to big cities london/manchester etc

Northampton UK Datasheet

May I ask why?

I'll try to clarify. I hope CBW corrects me if I'm not accurate, or adds what I might miss.

Provincial towns have small populations, which means a small gene pool. This can lead to a low quality of woman appearance wise.

They frequently have economic problems which leads to a proliferation of poor people, another factor that can generate low quality women, and the quality poor women are often locked down.

The amenities are often low quality, especially if it is an industrial town(see 'The North', yes I'm from the South). Even towns with a strong history can be poor quality, Colchester in Essex is a good example. It's the oldest recorded town in the UK, but a visitor would have to have 10/10 Game to do well, more than a day without a lay there, would be a waste of time in my opinion.

CBW's post was from the perspective of an inhabitant(like myself), and I think a significant aspect of his comment was related to the prospects that someone might have living in a provincial English town. They would be minimal and limited, the white-collar opportunities would be getting grabbed by people who have been there longer than a visitor. If a visitor wanted to enter the workforce and make a temporary base, they would be better off in a big city, that probably applies to most Western travelling though.

Northampton UK Datasheet

^^^

Can't disagree with any of that.

I have a branch of my business in Northampton. It's a soulless, land-that-time-forgot type place with weird inhabitants.

There's just no excuse for living there unless you absolutely have to due to work.

Having said that, it's not in the North. So that's one thing it has going for it.

Northampton UK Datasheet

Quote: (11-12-2015 05:45 PM)Lizard King Wrote:  

May I ask why?

Colchester in Essex is a good example. It's the oldest recorded town in the UK, but a visitor would have to have 10/10 Game to do well, more than a day without a lay there, would be a waste of time in my opinion.

I am surprised that one has to have 10/10 game to do well in a place outside of london, especially Essex. Why so?

Northampton UK Datasheet

Quote: (11-12-2015 10:44 PM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

Having said that, it's not in the North. So that's one thing it has going for it.

Do you mean the north has it worse in terms of quality? How about the game required here as opposed to a northern city?

Northampton UK Datasheet

Quote: (11-13-2015 02:12 AM)Hazaer Wrote:  

May I ask why?

Colchester in Essex is a good example. It's the oldest recorded town in the UK, but a visitor would have to have 10/10 Game to do well, more than a day without a lay there, would be a waste of time in my opinion.

I am surprised that one has to have 10/10 game to do well in a place outside of london, especially Essex. Why so?

Outside of the big cities, the best looking women are locked down, generally.

You'll need to get in to their social circle to have the best chance with them.

So the quickest avenue for a visiting player would be approaching in night clubs. A foreign visitor would have the 'exotic factor' in their favour, which would help, but you would still find it difficult to get good results. You would need a couple of weeks unless you can always get same day lays.

I'm generalising a bit, and you would get some results if you tried hard, but you'll always be competing with many thirsty locals for the top tier women, and some of these towns are shit holes that you wouldn't want to spend more than 24 hours in.

One way to do provincial England, would be to combine tourism with your search for women. For example, if you were interested in history, there are some nice smaller cities outside of London you could visit. You could pipeline some dates and get them to be your tour guide.

Northampton UK Datasheet

Quote: (11-13-2015 02:12 AM)Hazaer Wrote:  

[quote] (11-12-2015 07:49 AM)Hazaer Wrote:  

(11-12-2015, 05:17 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  My advice to anyone who finds themselves in Northampton...leave!

May I ask why?

[/quot

Its full of squaddies so the ratios are awful. I am loving the way you have assumed Essex is an easy county to pull in based on stereotypes....and before you ask a squaddie is a soldier.

Northampton UK Datasheet

I ran a small bar/club in Bournemouth (small seaside town in the south) a few years back. As a town it isn't too dismilar to any medium sized UK town as described by CBW/Lizard king, cliquey locals, small gene pool, suspicious of outsiders etc. But due to having some kind of "value" pulling and banging was a piece of cake. So IMHO comes down to the fact whether you have the attributes to display value within the set time-frame of your visit.

Agree about Colchester though, nasty town full of squaddies looking for a ruck.

Northampton UK Datasheet

^^^

I have a branch of my business in Northampton. It's a soulless, land-that-time-forgot type place with weird inhabitants.

There's just no excuse for living there unless you absolutely have to due to work.

Isn't work the reason why we live where we live?

There is a huge rugby following here so whenever a home game is on it does attract fans to the area. Other sports is cricket and motorsport (Silverstone is not very far away).

Unless travelling to work I never go beyond the town centre.

Northampton UK Datasheet

Quote: (11-16-2015 01:54 PM)JordanH Wrote:  

^^^

There is a huge rugby following here so whenever a home game is on it does attract fans to the area. Other sports is cricket and motorsport (Silverstone is not very far away).

Some people live places out of personal choice or due to family. Work isn't always the main reason, hence why some choose to commute for hours if they have to rather than live where they work.

I appreciate you are sticking up for where you live.

Everybody thinks they have the prettiest wife at home.

Northampton UK Datasheet

Quote: (11-16-2015 10:09 PM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

Quote: (11-16-2015 01:54 PM)JordanH Wrote:  

^^^

Some people live places out of personal choice or due to family. Work isn't always the main reason, hence why some choose to commute for hours if they have to rather than live where they work.

I appreciate you are sticking up for where you live.

Everybody thinks they have the prettiest wife at home.

I willing chose to move here a few months ago. It's about an hours commute to work but I work in a dump hole town. N'ton was the best choice out of all my options. I haven't found it to be a disappointment, in fact I enjoy living here. I can see how someone from a large city would see it as a step down.

Previously I lived in a town of about 25k people, so it is definitely a major step up.

I also went from living with my folks to moving out to a large town on my own so everything is still new to me.

If I read correctly from one of your previous posts aren't you based in the Midlands?