rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Article on Comentary Magazine - Sexual assult can be lowered by policy

Article on Comentary Magazine - Sexual assult can be lowered by policy

Where have we heard that one before?
Oh right - here ,here and here.

Even though the article is heavily biased, it still raises good points - look at page 26. Such as:
Quote:Quote:

While such disputes have dominated the discussion, comparatively little attention has been given to a more fundamental question: How can universities lessen the need for these painful trials by reducing sexual exploitation and drunken couplings? Even when
reformers think about policies to address the deeper problem, they nearly always neglect social regulations, especially controls on alcohol and dorm life

My take - instead of post-event go pre-event. Good choice. Prevention is always better.

In recent years, assault rates have been 3.1 to 4.4 times higher at the most permissive colleges and universities than at their more restrictive counterparts (see Table 1). That difference
is substantial.

My take - being religious means you will be less sexually attacked or less inclined to report it. My bet is on the former.

is fair to wonder whether the apparent effects of social regulations are actually driven by religiosity. If they are, it would mean that religion both causes schools to implement these social regulations and depresses sexual violence

My take - being religious means girls are less promiscuous, so they are less "assaulted".
You want to stop "Rape culture"? become religious.

The evidence clearly suggests that secular institutions can control sexual assault without having to “find religion.” Indeed, many
are doing just that. In our data, 171 secular colleges ban alcohol, 43 ban overnight guests, and 90 do both. The most restrictive secular colleges, moreover, have sexual assault rates that are 1.7 to 2.8 times lower than those at the most permissive secular schools. Restrictive secular colleges tend to be located in states with conservative values, especially in the Midwest and the Deep South.
But given the effectiveness of these regulations at controlling
sexual assault, they might appeal to the citizens of deep-blue states as well, especially in this age of “helicopter” parents.

My take - you want less crime, enforce boundaries.
I know, Gen X forgot it. We wanted to be "friends" with our kids.
Don't do it!

A 2004 study of college students in the Journal of Studies
on Alcohol found that 72 percent of victims were intoxicated at the time of the assault

My take - Yes. Those poor girls drank and just did not know what they were doing. Because women have no responsibility or agency.

The emphasis on “rape culture” cannot account for the lower incidence of sexual assault on the most conservative and religious campuses where feminist sensibilities are weakest. Such campuses are better at controlling crime, not because they are any more likely
to condemn rape and certainly not because they are more progressive, but primarily because they are more regulated social environments

My take - Yes, rape culture is a hoax. And if you want to keep the kids "safe", enforce the rules.

To sum it up:
You want less sexual harassment? Don't be liberal.
Make policies and enforce them.

"I love a fulfilling and sexual relationship. That is why I make the effort to have many of those" - TheMaleBrain
"Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine" - Obi-Wan Kenobi