rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tall guy / short guy game - do girls approach short guys?

Tonight I'm out for dinner and drinks with my buddy for business stuff. I'm about 5'6, he's 6'4 with a big beard. (I'm not wearing boots tonight because I didn't go out to talk to girls - so I'm actually 5'6). He looks like a giant lumberjack. I look like a miniature lumberjack, and I have more hair.

These two cute chicks sit down next to us. The one is a solid 8.5, the other is a 7 (the 7 was wearing red lipstick and may have been hotter if dressed better). We're not really paying attention to them but they keep looking over at us. (I've been working all day, and just want to get done what we need to do and then go home.)

Finally the 7 approaches my tall friend and opens him. "Nice beard." His game is naturally pretty strong. We blow them off a little bit, but she persists. She keeps getting in on our conversation. Finally she asks him for a number and says she wants to hang out next week. While he's talking to the 7, I start talking to the 8.5 but I can tell she's not all that interested. The only thing that perks her interest even a little is when my buddy mentions that I'm his lawyer, and it's funny because I'm in camouflage shorts and a sweatshirt. (he was trying to throw me a bone because it's obvious I'm bored). In turn, I just decide to make a phone call because I don't do beta smalltalk.

We get out of the bar and I ask my buddy if that happens a lot - a chick approaching him and closing. He said it happens "sometimes" but "wished it happened more."

Here is my opinion - as a short guy I've gotten decent at approaches, and closing dates from online dating. However, I can think of very few times I've ever been approached, except when I'm out with a lot of people and I'm talking loudly about something interesting.

I'm not saying it's hopeless as a short guy. While we're walking back to my car, my buddy remarks "The current girl you're fucking is way hotter than the 7." (true). However, it's definitely harder. In my view, as a short guy, you have to make more of an effort.

Just a random observation. Your experience my differ.

Also, this does not apply to LTRs. Anecdotally, I've been in a weird stretch where the last 3 girls I've fucked have "fallen in love" despite my utter aloofness and indifference.

Anyway, I want to know. Do girls approach you? If so, how tall are you?

Quote: (10-15-2015 09:24 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

Tonight I'm out for dinner and drinks with my buddy for business stuff. I'm about 5'6, he's 6'4 with a big beard. (I'm not wearing boots tonight because I didn't go out to talk to girls - so I'm actually 5'6). He looks like a giant lumberjack. I look like a miniature lumberjack, and I have more hair.

These two cute chicks sit down next to us. The one is a solid 8.5, the other is a 7 (the 7 was wearing red lipstick and may have been hotter if dressed better). We're not really paying attention to them but they keep looking over at us. (I've been working all day, and just want to get done what we need to do and then go home.)

Finally the 7 approaches my tall friend and opens him. "Nice beard." His game is naturally pretty strong. We blow them off a little bit, but she persists. She keeps getting in on our conversation. Finally she asks him for a number and says she wants to hang out next week. While he's talking to the 7, I start talking to the 8.5 but I can tell she's not all that interested. The only thing that perks her interest even a little is when my buddy mentions that I'm his lawyer, and it's funny because I'm in camouflage shorts and a sweatshirt. (he was trying to throw me a bone because it's obvious I'm bored). In turn, I just decide to make a phone call because I don't do beta smalltalk.

We get out of the bar and I ask my buddy if that happens a lot - a chick approaching him and closing. He said it happens "sometimes" but "wished it happened more."

Here is my opinion - as a short guy I've gotten decent at approaches, and closing dates from online dating. However, I can think of very few times I've ever been approached, except when I'm out with a lot of people and I'm talking loudly about something interesting.

I'm not saying it's hopeless as a short guy. While we're walking back to my car, my buddy remarks "The current girl you're fucking is way hotter than the 7." (true). However, it's definitely harder. In my view, as a short guy, you have to make more of an effort.

Also, this does not apply to LTRs. Anecdotally, I've been in a weird stretch where the last 3 girls I've fucked have "fallen in love" despite my utter aloofness and indifference.

Environment matters.

If you're a shorter guy and want to get approached, you can't be in middle America. You need to be around brainy women, specifically Jewish women who might be the one group that don't (usually) see lack of height as an impediment. Check the height requirements for guys on Match.com for Jewish women compared to non-Jews for an example.

I'm short and the first time I ever felt like a rock star was at college orientation when my group was comprised of several Jewish girls. One of them was so aggressive when the semester started that I was advised by my R.A. that he could get her to leave me alone if she kept bugging me. In high school I got popular by chance in my senior year (info elsewhere on this forum) but it was never like being around Jewish women in college.

So my advice is move near a college town or place where there are lots of intellectual women. The downside: A lot of them have a belief system that we absolutely despise around here. But if James Carville can marry Mary Matalin, well...

PS: Two of my best friends in college were 6'2" punk rock guys and I witnessed girls opening them too. My consolation was that I was having better long-term relationship sex. Looking back, when you add up the total hours of sex, I probably came out the winner. For whatever reason (women don't know what they want?) these women never really panned out for the guys after a few nights.

Quote: (10-15-2015 09:33 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Environment matters.

If you're a shorter guy and want to get approached, you can't be in middle America. You need to be around brainy women, specifically Jewish women who might be the one group that don't (usually) see lack of height as an impediment. Check the height requirements for guys on Match.com for Jewish women compared to non-Jews for an example.

I'm short and the first time I ever felt like a rock star was at college orientation when my group was comprised of several Jewish girls. One of them was so aggressive when the semester started that I was advised by my R.A. that he could get her to leave me alone if she kept bugging me. In high school I got popular by chance in my senior year (info elsewhere on this forum) but it was never like being around Jewish women in college.

So my advice is move near a college town or place where there are lots of intellectual women. The downside: A lot of them have a belief system that we absolutely despise around here. But if James Carville can marry Mary Matalin, well...

PS: Two of my best friends in college were 6'2" punk rock guys and I witnessed girls opening them too. My consolation was that I was having better long-term relationship sex. Looking back, when you add up the total hours of sex, I probably came out the winner. For whatever reason (women don't know what they want?) these women never really panned out for the guys after a few nights.

I've always wanted to try JDate for that reason, and I have a thing for Jewish girls.

What's interesting is I have better LTR game than my buddy. The girls I have dated long term are hotter than the ones he has. I chalk this up to me having dark triad traits, and him being a genuinely decent dude at heart. (being a terrible person is chick crack. I wish I were joking.)

That said, his ability to meet women is phenomenal. Every time we go out women just gravitate towards him. He's big but not cut (beer gut with muscles), but he's a huge dude. Paul Bunyan.

I'm 6'4 also like your friend I don't have beard [Image: biggrin.gif] I'm 30y old 230lbs ~12%bf
Never in my life any girl approached me, never any even looked at me...
Before somebody tell no I'm not walking around with sour face and old clothes I dress good, and whenever see girl I like smile to her look in eyes try to talk but even when try to talk none of them are interested... Only when start to talk to them only then they notice me otherwise I'm like empty space in vacuum... = nothing...
ok ok I lied little bit few months ago I was walking at beach when that 50+years old fatty women out of blue air tell me hi- I say hi she- you have nice body, you train a lot? I say not that much just for my health 3X per week so that's about it...

I am 6'4 and a hefty brute. Heavier but higher body fat than Rikardo above.

Get approached often when out and about in upscale places quite often.

However, it is always exactly the same girls; middle class, usually blonde and always very submissive. It's like they just can't help themselves.

They love looking up at a man I think.

When girls do this it is just a green light for almost instant cave manning.

Quote:Quote:

I'm 6''5 (195cm) and I never get approached. It sometimes happend to me when I was in my 20s (39yrs old now), but back in those days I wasn't able to profit due to multiple reason.

Now, I realize some girls checking me out at the metro/bus/on the street.
Especially the taller ones. Maybe its because of my beard.

When I'm out with my girl (7, fit but not tall), some seem to look like "wtf are you doing with her"?

Anyway, live-approach-results and online-responses are not good at all despite my height.

(No native speaker so please don't hate me for my english)

It doesn't matter how tall you are... but tallness does naturally create more options. If you have "gravity" you can attract and/or approach on demand.

(I just got back in from a night that was not supposed to be a "game" night. I was just out for laughs with friends. My buddy was down and out coz he was "stuck on a girl".... mind us, a hot 9.5 burja sorta woman.... so I fed him all sorts of red pills, playing socrates. He could not listen. So for "fun" I approached a demon girl, who in the end turned out to be really sweet, but at first she was hell. Because my buddy could not listen to my hardline options for him, and the "one more chance angle", I went that route. I could tell that the demon girl liked cigs early on, after the game was over, but her friends were keeping her from it. So I invited her out to smoke. On the third offering, she accepted.... and pulled her own smokes out. But she did not have a lighter. So, being the gentleman I am, I lit it for her.... in my debonair way. I got her number and will fuck her early next week after fucking-up her social network this weekend. My buddy has not yet come around to the "new woman" ideals. My buddy pulls all kinds of women except the ones he wants. He speaks three languages, but none of them really excite him. He is an intellectual and an old punk-rocker style of man who does conservative oceanography now. His tale is deep and he is in distress. All of my points he high-fived or tried to bro-shake me.... I was abreast at times like: shake my hand like you're a man. Haha. Crazy days.)

Im not tall by any means (179cm)
I got approached tonight but couldnt do anythıng because I dont know Spanish.
Im 25, up until now i got approached 4 times, one of them ended with a bang. However i go out a lot. 3 out of 4 approaches happened in a developing country.
I never got approached in the states.
All the initiaters were 6 and below.

Quote: (10-16-2015 02:59 AM)Turkish Republican Wrote:  

All the initiaters were 6 and below.

If that is your game, then bang the six and attract seven next time.

Easiest lay of my life was from a girl approaching me at night but I'm 5'8 and she was like 5'1 or something.

I get approached but it's so rarely anything worth my while. Matter of fact it was probably only worthwhile that one time I mentioned above haha. So I'm gonna say just once.

I know at this point I have to put in the effort over someone who is tall, like you I incorporate every trick in the book just to get an edge but at the end of the day I like approaching, it feels more natural.

Having girls approach you is just something for the ego, I much rather be the one making the approaches, it certainly works in our favour anyway as shorter guys. Always gotta project confidence n that

I'm 5'8" and in decent shape. I've been approached by women many times, but it's almost exclusively when out dancing. Then it only happens after I've had a chance to dance with at least one girl, and the other girls see that I'm one of the better dancers in the place. Dance game for the short guy win!

I'm only 5'11 and get approached/spoken to all the time. Just last weekend a girl approached me and a couple of sentences later told me I should go to London to model. Height has minimal to do with getting approached. Facial aesthetics, build and the status you portray come first.

Pointless Discussion.

Being short for a guy is a disadvantage Obviously. (being a lawyer is an advantage too)

Maybe you want to hear 'hey man I am 5 foot and I get laid all the time' then what? What's going to change?

This tall guy says his shorter friend is doing a lot better than him so height doesn't matter. (because he is weirdo and his friend is normal) So height doesn't matter now?

You don't need to seek Approvals from internet people, man.

Quote: (10-17-2015 09:19 AM)Sebastian Wrote:  

Pointless Discussion.

Being short for a guy is a disadvantage Obviously. (being a lawyer is an advantage too)

Maybe you want to hear 'hey man I am 5 foot and I get laid all the time' then what? What's going to change?

This tall guy says his shorter friend is doing a lot better than him so height doesn't matter. (because he is weirdo and his friend is normal) So height doesn't matter now?

I don't think you read my post very closely.

I do get laid on the regular, being a lawyer is an advantage, and I have little to complain about in my sex life (except women generally being dramatic children). I didn't come looking for sympathy or approval.

I simply think it's interesting to watch how women can't resist being in the presence of a really big man, so much that they'll actually initiate the post.

If I were up to it, I probably could have injected myself into the conversation and talked to the 7. But some nights I go out for business only.

So you are saying it's just the height that made her wet?

maybe he simply had better looks, better vibe or better charisma?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I simply think it's interesting to watch how women can't resist being in the presence of a really big man, so much that they'll actually initiate the post.

Quote: (10-17-2015 09:45 AM)HankMoody Wrote:  

Quote: (10-17-2015 09:19 AM)Sebastian Wrote:  

Pointless Discussion.

I don't think you read my post very closely.

I do get laid on the regular, being a lawyer is an advantage, and I have little to complain about in my sex life (except women generally being dramatic children). I didn't come looking for sympathy or approval.

If I were up to it, I probably could have injected myself into the conversation and talked to the 7. But some nights I go out for business only.

If you wait for women to approach you you'rein for a long wait.
If you assume your shor stature is a deal breaker, it will be.
Bottom line, some women will like you, others not for whatever reason. Don't analyze,especially things you can't do anything about.

1) I am 5'6", just lke you HankMoody. How much do you weigh? Is it muscle or fat? I train in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and I lifted weights in the past. I compete at 209 lbs in the Adult Masters catergory. When I get fat I weigh about 230 lbs but I still maintain my frame. I have never had a problem with my height because it really doesn't matter. Just like any man of any height, WORK OUT.

I look like Taz.
[Image: Taz.jpg]

[Image: EP-306079933.jpg&MaxW=520&q=85]

When I was in the gym, back in my university days he was my "spirit totem". Mainly because he and I are both short, not gifted athletically, not born pretty, and had A LOT of people hate our success because we went farther physically, professionally, socially, and most importantly with women then people born with every single advantage we lacked!

If you are concerned with your height, everyone around you will be as well.

2) Everything Mammal said.

Quote: (10-17-2015 01:36 PM)mammal Wrote:  

If you wait for women to approach you you're in for a long wait.
If you assume your shor stature is a deal breaker, it will be.
Bottom line, some women will like you, others not for whatever reason. Don't analyze,especially things you can't do anything about.

Check out Pimp Game, Picking Up Strippers, The Fun Way!, Weaponized: Add Cold Reading to your arsenal! and Tarot Game.

Game isn’t what I use to get what I want out of women.
Game is what I use to get what I want out of life.

Well we all know girls don't like to approach anyway, so if you're short you will get approached less.

I'm 5,6 and I've been approached a few times when out, but more commonly they stand or move near you or smile or something like that.

I went out with a couple friends to a busy club, both had no game, but one of them was really tall and good looking.

I remember going to the dance floor with these two, and then large groups of girls would just start moving nearby. It was crazy to watch this effect it was like gravity.

I was like 'what the fuck...all these girls??' but they would just carry on doing nothing, so I started opening every group of girls that danced our way. They would all instantly just move into our group and then try and flirt with him. I tried to game the leftovers but failed. I did better when I left that group and started speaking to girls on my own.

His game and mood were terrible though, telling girls he has a girlfriend, and then getting angry when they eventually leave him alone.
He seemed a bit fucking crazy to be honest, I was introducing girls to him because he got really pissed off when a girl who was begging him to get with her eventually left, because he kept saying about his girlfriend. He also got really pissed off at my friend just because he spent ten minutes talking with someone and ignoring him.

So yeah, even though he attracts girls and has loads of potential, hes fucking crazy in my opinion and I'm not being friends with people like that.

I had a question related to this though, lots of people talk about banging taller girls. But what is that about? It sounds like an ego thing to me. I don't think I'd like to walk around with a girl that is taller than me.

I'm not sure if I'm afraid to open them or if I'm just not that attracted to them... How do you feel about it?

I remember meeting a girl on a first date, thin, good looking but I was not that attracted.
But when she was in her own house with her shoes off, curled up on her sofa on the second date, I was a lot more attracted to her when I noticed she had a more petite figure than I originally thought.

Last night while running, I was walking for a bit and walked past a very pretty girl, I commented saying her dogs full of energy, he must tire you out. (She was walking along really really slowly, while her dog was running about everywhere.) She seemed to be smiling before I even said anything and she laughed at what I said.

I carried on walking though because she seemed a little bit taller than me, I think she was eastern european, she had that tall, slim look and style that's hard to describe. Maybe she was wearing heels and I fucked up.

But I'm starting to think I'm just not attracted to girls who are taller than me, I sort of am, but not as much as a girl who is less tall than me. Does anyone else feel this way?

"Especially Roosh offers really good perspectives. But like MW said, at the end of the day, is he one of us?"

- Reciproke, posted on the Roosh V Forum.

I'm 6'6 and weigh around 245-250 depending on the day and lifting. I get a lot of IOI's when I go out but I don't have too many girls approach me on their own. Some women have flat out told me that I'm too intimidating. I don't look like Brad Pitt or Chris Hemsworth so I know it's not my looks. Don't know if it's how I dress or my demeanor, but that's about all the feedback I receive.

Maybe Gmac can speculate since we've gone out a few times in the DC area.

Reporter: What keeps you awake at night?
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

OKC Data Sheet

Quote: (10-21-2015 10:33 AM)Remington Wrote:  

I'm 6'6 and weigh around 245-250 depending on the day and lifting. I get a lot of IOI's when I go out but I don't have too many girls approach me on their own. Some women have flat out told me that I'm too intimidating. I don't look like Brad Pitt or Chris Hemsworth so I know it's not my looks. Don't know if it's how I dress or my demeanor, but that's about all the feedback I receive.

Maybe Gmac can speculate since we've gone out a few times in the DC area.

How old are you?

^I'm 26.

Reporter: What keeps you awake at night?
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

OKC Data Sheet

Should be in Newbie Forum.

Freakishly tall, no love

Good range tall, but not scarily built - ,sweet spot

Average height - occasional approaches

Short - rare, if ever.

Meathead - assumed to be a dumb jock. Can work for you and against you.

Dad Bod - a norm, might get approached

Skinny Fat - see dad bod.

Massive beer belly - better be cute

The Human Blob - leave post now and get in gym and listen to Patrice O'Neal.

---

But if/once.a girl approaches you, do you know what to do?

WIA

I'm 6'3. Always been skinny. Been approached 3 times in my life that I can remember. Once during the day by a somewhat socially awkward 5. Twice in night clubs where the girls have pretty much manhandled me - lost both those girls within 10 minutes because of shit game.

Most of my close friends are 6'2 or above and some of them are handsome bastards to boot. These guys get approached at least once every night out.

The only short guy I've ever seen approached regularly (he's 5'6 and average looks) is also a social genius and usually surrounded by people when out. Girls approach him because of social gravity.

While we're walking back to my car, my buddy remarks "The current girl you're fucking is way hotter than the 7." (true). However, it's definitely harder. In my view, as a short guy, you have to make more of an effort.

At the end of the day both you and your friend need to make an effort either way if you want girls above the level of the ones who are approaching your friend. The good thing is thats not some bullshit Tony Robbins pep talk....thats the way it pretty much comes down to all men.

The one saving grace seems to be in that once you get women above a certain level of 'hotness' they tend to be less impressed on a guys looks. Girls who are 6-7s fucking eat up good looking guys. It's almost like their subconscious is telling them 'if I mate with this guy, my kids will be 9's themselves'. The top women are less prone to this and are way more into the status thing with men. They are not going to fawn over a good looking guy because at the end of the day a girl who is a 9 is way more valuable to society than a guy who is a 9. The guy needs to offer something else to even the grounds or get ahead of her(money, fame..etc)

It is what it is. If your friend is a 6'4" version of yourself you are going to get demolished on getting attention from strangers just based on looks.