rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tricked by Online Date

Tricked by Online Date

What usually happens... girl messages you first, and she seems really smart, outgoing, fit and a little bit cute and it's a little surprising because 95% of the women who send you winks and likes are obese, have terrible jobs, debt, kids, or have something wrong with their face. And then you talk on the phone for ten minutes and agree to meet for coffee that weekend and then after looking at her and talking for two minutes it hits you. This girl has Asperger's. It's happened to me 3 times in the past year. What just hit the fan with me is that I was literally tricked last night by a girl whose pictures were just a biiiiiit too blurry. Turns out she had fucking severe fetal alcohol syndrome. Not just that but a shitty personality. Anyone ever get tricked by an online date? Did you walk out, nod politely and leave after a half hour, or see how much of an asshole you could be to her before she cracks?

Tricked by Online Date

It happens. Not always, but it's a risk with online dating. First time I was catfished, I was polite and went through the date. Deleted her number afterwards.

Second time, I did the fake phone call bailout shortly into it (texted my buddy and asked him to call in 5 minutes). Deleted her number afterwards.

Third time.. I looked at her, shook my head, and walked off.

You owe no civility to a dishonest bitch.

Tricked by Online Date

I like your username. [Image: smile.gif]

Tricked by Online Date

Quote: (10-13-2015 10:36 PM)blacknwhitespade Wrote:  

I agree. Terribly repetitive thread, great username.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Tricked by Online Date

Quote: (10-13-2015 11:29 PM)Suits Wrote:  

Quote: (10-13-2015 10:36 PM)blacknwhitespade Wrote:  

I agree. Terribly repetitive thread, great username.

Suits, maybe you could set up an online date, then send pants in your place and see what happens. O.P., were you really unable to tell that she had fetal alcohol syndrome from her pictures? Were the pictures really of her?

Tricked by Online Date

Be suspicious of any girl who is too excited to see you from online. Too many smiley or winky faces are a sign sure you are dealing with a potential disaster. Always ask for pictures and if possible get her on the phone.

Your girl had her stealth game at 100. [Image: lol.gif]

I've been lucky and haven't fallen into too many traps. At worst, I faked a phone call. At best, the girl had 10 pounds extra than her pictures and I banged her an hour later anyways.

If it doesn't fit, force it... If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

Tricked by Online Date

Quote: (10-13-2015 09:58 PM)evilbuttmunch Wrote:  

Anyone ever get tricked by an online date? Did you walk out, nod politely and leave after a half hour, or see how much of an asshole you could be to her before she cracks?

Happened once in Australia, got SIFed by a master SIF. No idea how she did it, probably a combination of old pictures with good lighting and clever angles. Showed up and the chick looked like the Michelin man. She did have an interesting job and travel history though. Hung out for an hour and extracted any useful insight I could out of her (market demand for her work and travel location information etc), then said I've got to go.

I did know one guy who had a much better response to SIFs though. Instead of being rude, as soon as he saw she was a SIF he would put on an act. He would pretend to be psychotic or a druggie or an abject loser etc, until she excused herself from the date [Image: icon_lol.gif].

Tricked by Online Date

I’ve been avoiding the online stuff for a few reasons but I have a buddy down in Tokyo who is lookin to get some action on the side. Dude is a Tokyo native who went to high school and college in the states, guy basically talks like a black dude from Georgia. So the dude hit me up to find out how to go about getting tail offline, and I told him the basics and such. He went to meet up a girl, on that day he ended up callin me.

The conversation went down a little bit like this:
Him: “Yo man, I’m supposed to meet this chick right?”
Me: “Yeah?”
Him: “Well, I knew she was gonna be a lil thik but..”
Me: “*laughs* but?”
Him: “But she’s huge man, I’m talkin huge”
Me: “What are you gonna do?”
Him: “I wanna go over and tell her I’m sorry I don’t think this will work out but I’m afraid she’s gonna eat me.”

He continues making jokes about her size while I tell him not to bother even meeting he and just to go home. But he ends up contacting her somehow and tells her he won’t be able to make it. I still haven’t explained to him fully about SIFs, I think I should send him a message about that and spotting it.

Tricked by Online Date

I had one last year who put In her profile that if you didn't work out like five times a week to not contact her. When I showed up she had fat arms, and within the first few minutes she confessed that she'd gained 20 lbs. in the last few months. Her pictures looked thin, and I was only slightly dickish. She was actually kinda funny with a dark sense of humor though, so I hung with it for a bit. And chatted up the bartender while she was in the bathroom. I also think she bought me a few drinks.
Another who was also heavy (at age 26!!) said she had to stop running/cross training/whatever because of bad ankles or knees or some crap. She'd talked about food a lot while we were messaging, even saying she structured a European trip around the restaurants of some famous chef she loved. Shoulda gone with my gut, but whatevs.
In my humble experience, it seems like these SIfs actually sometimes disqualify themselves when you come in and are fit and clearly out of their league in the attractiveness department. It's rather pathetic and sad.
Nowadays I don't go on the date unless I'm %95 certain she won't be gross.

Tricked by Online Date

Ah catfishing. The dark side of online dating.

Tricked by Online Date

I was a cunt hair away from getting fooled by a cross-dresser...

Legitimately the dating profile pics looked good. No homo, dude's cross dressing game was on point. Long blonde hair, skinny, petite, totally shaved, great makeup, but kind of a manly jawline which I dismissed as a slut tell. Was all set for netflix and chill, gave the person a phone call while on my way to pick up wine, and the voice on the other line was kinda deep... my initial reaction was this person's voice is a tad deep to be a chick, but I rationalized it as typical vocal fry speech.

When I got back to my place my mind was reeling so I snooped around on FB and found the dude's profile. Took me a while of cycling through pics, but the man hands ultimately gave it away. I texted him back and said I wasn't into dudes. In hindsight I should have gave him a mouthful about posing as a bootleg girl on online dating when really he is just a cross dressing dude. At LEAST get surgery before you try to fool dudes into fucking you.

What is the game plan anway? Come over and blow me and nothing else? Tell me you're on your period and don't want to have sex? Or go Hail Mary and hope that in the moment I don't care you have a dick and just fuck you in the rump?

Some people...

Tricked by Online Date

Quote: (10-14-2015 12:44 AM)Chetthebaker Wrote:  

Another who was also heavy (at age 26!!) said she had to stop running/cross training/whatever because of bad ankles or knees or some crap. She'd talked about food a lot while we were messaging, even saying she structured a European trip around the restaurants of some famous chef she loved.

You should have told her that her ankles wouldn't hurt so much if she lost some fucking weight.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Tricked by Online Date

I got SIF'd last night in Belgrade. I met this girl from Tinder but she turned out to be a bit.. pudgy. I think she realised that I didn't approve, since she mentioned several times that she needed to lose weight and she was even egging me on to game other women(!).

She took me to a dive bar and I was starting to chat up a tall Serbian/Russian vixen. That didn't pan out, and since this bar seemed to be some kind of Neo-Nazi hangout, after they started to play some Serbian "patriotic" music we decided to go what she called a "shit" club (this club is called Mr. Stefan Braun for future reference).

Within five minutes of being in there, I had to keep my jaw from dropping to the ground with all the hotties in there. Within another five minutes I started chatting to one of these hotties.

After yet another five minutes had passed the SIF decided to go home where it was pretty disappointed/pissed off that I had abandoned her for a slim 22 yo. [Image: banana.gif]

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Tricked by Online Date

Sounds like some of you guys need to hone your screening and filtering skills. Anytime you don't have a full body / torso shot should be a red flag. There are certain details you just learn to pick up on and it makes it so much easier to screen out the wrong types of girls. I'm sure there's a wealth of information buried in those old online dating threads too.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Tricked by Online Date

What usually happens... girl messages you first, and she seems really smart, outgoing, fit and a little bit cute and it's a little surprising because 95% of the women who send you winks and likes are obese, have terrible jobs, debt, kids, or have something wrong with their face. And then you talk on the phone for ten minutes and agree to meet for coffee that weekend and then after looking at her and talking for two minutes it hits you. This girl has Asperger's. It's happened to me 3 times in the past year. What just hit the fan with me is that I was literally tricked last night by a girl whose pictures were just a biiiiiit too blurry. Turns out she had fucking severe fetal alcohol syndrome. Not just that but a shitty personality. Anyone ever get tricked by an online date? Did you walk out, nod politely and leave after a half hour, or see how much of an asshole you could be to her before she cracks?

Similiar to my post in the Flaking Epidemic Thread, I find screening the girl over Skype/Facetime to be a great efficiency mechanism. If she balks or acts bitchy- next her.
- I tend to engage the session at night and keep the conversation to ~15 minutes (30 max if it goes well). Tell her you have to get going and maintain frame (plans that night/big day tomorrow). Use this as an opportunity for bait/DHV.
- See if she's as attractive as she has portrayed in her pics. Need to screen out the SIFs/outdated pic girls.
- See if there's even an ounce of chemistry/if she'd bang. I can pick up on this better when talking with the girl face to face.
- Build comfort and rapport. She'll feel more comfortable getting together in person.

Tricked by Online Date

Always ask for a full body picture before the date. A picture where you can see both her feet and her head and she's standing up. It's very hard to trick those ones, although last week a chick sent me one, and she seemed to have magical powers as the vertical lines on the wall behind were "attracted" to her. But I got SIFed a few times. Normally, you should have a voice conversation with her before. Often, obese girls will have a different voice. Many girls can trick it, but once you become an expert, you can know her weight by her voice.

When you get SIFed, you have a few options (and I personally tested them all).
1) Just proceed as usual and bang for the story (to increase your notch count, and if she isn't extremely SIF)
2) Yell "SIF!" and walk out (if the girl clearly lied to you)
3) Tell her that she should order something healthy and start working out, and bail after 30 minutes

It's up to you, I know that getting SIFd is frustrating.

Tricked by Online Date

Player_1337 has the right idea. You should see it as coming along with the territory of online dating.

A few months back I, like so many others, got tricked by a SIF to meet for sushi. She was shorter and chubbier than her pictures. My boys said bail on the bitch instantly, but i played it cool. Ate and only payed for my meal, then invited all my boys out with us to a rockbar where they all got shit faced and she drove them and myself to our respective houses. Never contacted or heard from her again.

I try not to take shit so serious, especially women. She tricked you, the deed is done, either turn it into a make the best moment or bail, same with approaching and etc. Can't tell you guys how many times i've had a shitty encounter with chicks, only to replay it for my boys and we all have ourselves a good laugh over it and I move on to the next.

-CD

Tricked by Online Date

I've done a few of the facetime "pre dates" and those really do work best. Like the others have said even full bodied pics can be deceptive (or in my case deceptively accurate!) I was messaging with an Indian woman several months back and she had a decent face and then sent me a full bodied pic of her in a modest skirt. In the pic her torso was slightly on the thicker side though not a deal killer and her legs were abnormally skinny in the ankle and calf area. I chalked it up to the photo getting distorted by a crappy lens on the camera phone but when we met for coffee she shows up looking exactly like the photo, cartoon legs and all [Image: dodgy.gif] It was an instant turnoff and I ejected after about 20 minutes. Fortunately she bought her own coffee so I wasn't out anything more than a few dollars but still...

Tricked by Online Date

Dude I don't get this, ALWAYS do intel/reconnaissance work !

Make sure a bitch takes selfies doing something specific - OTSC has it right.

Facetime is always great.

Never trust angled pics, bitchs taking top down pics hiding their torso, and bitches who sit their ass on a sink to make it look like they have goods.

If a bitch has only close up face shots - it's an extremely high probability that she's a SIF.

Know the tells !

Tricked by Online Date

Go on a date with a girl who messaged you first?

The thirst is real.

Damn, yeah I might do it given certain circumstances [Image: sadwave.gif]

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Tricked by Online Date

Quote: (10-14-2015 03:25 PM)heavy Wrote:  

Go on a date with a girl who messaged you first?

The thirst is real.

Damn, yeah I might do it given certain circumstances [Image: sadwave.gif]

[Image: lol.gif]

Really.

Truth is in the real world, if you approach a girl who you caught staring at you or run game on a girl who opened you, you always have a much better shot. She's already interested, layups. No need to hate.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Tricked by Online Date

How could you tell she had Aspergers after two minutes? I'm not mocking you, I am genuinely curious for my own knowledge. I mean, something like DOwns Syndrome you can easily tell by looking at a person's face, but with aspergers and autism the signs are not on a person's face AFAIK.

Tricked by Online Date

Quote: (10-22-2015 11:56 AM)Mother Russia Wrote:  

And then you talk on the phone for ten minutes and agree to meet for coffee that weekend and then after looking at her and talking for two minutes it hits you. This girl has Asperger's. It's happened to me 3 times in the past year.

How could you tell she had Aspergers after two minutes? I'm not mocking you, I am genuinely curious for my own knowledge. I mean, something like DOwns Syndrome you can easily tell by looking at a person's face, but with aspergers and autism the signs are not on a person's face AFAIK.

EBM is likely a trained Neuropsychologist who still goes by the DSM IV. If a date, no matter how attractive and kind, shows any hints of high functioning autism, she's out. [Image: wink.gif]

Tricked by Online Date

I had one couple hours ago. Met her through okc, on to whatsapp, and she sends me a full body pic, but of course, it was a few years old.

Anyway, we meet just outside the bar.
She was smoking waiting for me (I don't smoke and clearly mention I don't date smoker) - flag 1
She was 10 kgs over weight - flag 2
Came in shorts and spaghetti top - flag 3

We get in, she sits and before we order, I bail out.

I haven't had sex for two weeks (longest dry spell in two years), but boy, leaving that lying b**** there wondering WTF happened was so sweet!

Tricked by Online Date

"I have to go" is enough. I used to say "I just remembered, I have to go pick up a buddy at the airport."

Always get a cold drink that you can guzzle and leave in a hurry. If you meet at a coffee shop and plan a venue change to a bar, get an iced tea or iced coffee. Do not get something hot that you cannot guzzle. If she is fat, don't even order a drink.