rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Science Explains Why Runner Chicks Remain Fat

The dumpy runner chick is a well-documented phenomenon. Fatties and their sympathizers constantly screech about how active they are, so the surplus weight must be genetics. Well, it seems science has solved the mystery.

Chicks who train for a marathon don't lose weight because their training isn't as intense as they think it is.

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2015/10/on-...-gain.html

Quote:Quote:

She conducted a small, simple pilot study, limited to her group of 64 charity runners, comparing their weight before starting the training program to their weight after completing it. About 11 percent of them did lose weight, but just as many gained weight (and of those who gained, 86 percent were women). But for the remaining 78 percent, their weight stayed almost exactly the same, even after three months of running four days a week.

Her results aren’t published yet, but they echo those of a 1989 study in which Danish researchers took 18 months to train a small group of sedentary people — 18 men and nine women — to run a marathon. By race day, the men had lost an average of five pounds. For the women, on the other hand, “no change in body composition was observed,” the researchers write. “This idea that you’re going to run a marathon and the pounds are going to melt away is not realistic,” Kennedy said. She’s currently coaching a group of high-school runners, and she and her co-director have a sad little joke: “You train for the marathon, and then you do the weight-loss program afterward.”

Basically, running isn't a very effective weight loss strategy, especially for women who don't put any effort into their running. But maybe the women are getting fitter, which would mean less fat and more muscle?

Sadly, the marathon weight gain isn’t likely a result of increased muscle mass, Kennedy said. Instead, the reason this happens has more to do with psychology than physiology, with much of it stemming from a misunderstanding of the purpose of exercise.

There goes that excuse. Fatties think that any movement beyond a purely sedentary lifestyle equals 'training for a marathon,' which would entitle them to eat like they've gone a week without sustenance. They undertrain and overeat, and then wonder why they're still fat.

For one, research suggests that most people assume they’re exercising harder than they actually are. Last year, a team of Canadian scientists published a study in which they asked their volunteers to run on a treadmill at what they felt was an easy pace and then pick it up to a vigorous one — with vigorous defined as increasing their heart rate to somewhere between 77 and 93 percent of its full capacity. The majority of the participants did just fine at estimating the easy pace, but not so for the vigorous one; most of them didn’t even increase their heart rate to 75 percent.

And this overestimation may be something novice marathoners are especially likely to do, most of whom are encouraged to adopt the “just finish” goal; it’s about getting the miles done and getting across the finish line, not running at any particular pace. That may mean they’re running a lot slower than they’re capable. “I don’t mean this in any derogatory way, but marathoning has really become accessible for everyone — which is amazing and wonderful,” Kennedy said. “But just because you cross the finish line doesn’t mean you were running at a really vigorous pace seven days a week … You’re so focused on going far, so you’re not necessarily doing a vigorous run.” Additionally, running a marathon sounds like a really impressive, intimidating goal — and, on the one hand, it is. But “if you really start to look at a lot of the novice training programs, people are running three or four days a week — it’s not an overly aggressive workout schedule. Even if you’re not training for a marathon, going to the gym three or four times a week — that’s not that out of the ordinary.” And this, by the way, is assuming that you actually do every single workout on your training plan.

Beyond that, the entire idea that the purpose of exercise must be to lose weight — to pay a penance for the junk you’ve consumed — is not ultimately a very useful one. “It helps with mental health, it helps with so many things, but we focus so much on weight loss,” Kennedy said. “We make exercise overwhelmingly annoying. You need to do it, but you should find joy in it, because, my goodness, it’s doing so many good things for you.” In fact, thinking of physical activity in terms of weight loss tends to backfire, anyway. In one study published last year by Cornell University’s Brian Wansink, people who were told to take a two-kilometer “exercise walk” ended up consuming 124 percent more M&Ms afterward than those who were told they were taking a “scenic walk.” You’d be better off thinking of exercise as something to be enjoyed, in other words, rather than something to be suffered through.

And now you know why every 5k you've ever seen is full of fatties.

[Image: giphy.gif]

These idiots are basically stating the obvious as usual.

Just to put this into real world perspective:

I run every other day for a couple miles each time at about a 7:00 minute per mile pace. The app I have calculates that as around 150 calories burned the entire session.

A cheeseburger has around 300 calories.

So even in a fairly fast pace it doesn't burn that much.

These fat bitches powerwalking marathons are barely burning anything. They might as well just stick to walking around in Wal Mart aisles.

My older sister is 35 with three kids. She jumped on the marathon bandwagon and kept a small spare tire around her stomach, even though she ran 5-15 miles per day. She later hired a trainer who tracked her diet and emphasized cross fit workouts. She's now as thin as she was in high school.

Running doesn't do shit for the average person. What works is tracking your diet and building a program to fit your lifestyle. I'll quote MiXX back from 2011-2012. "Abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym."

The article says it best, "...most people assume they’re exercising harder than they actually are." Same deal in the gym, most people have no idea what it means to work out with intensity. Even many regular gym rats who have been working out for over 5 years have very low intensity in the gym. Athletes have an edge in this regard as they know how hard to push themselves without a workout partner or spotter. If you aren't seeing the results you want, you need to seriously increase the intensity and more than likely you need a workout partner who knows just how hard to push.

Quote: (10-13-2015 09:42 PM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

These idiots are basically stating the obvious as usual.

Yeah, except they get government and charitable grants to do so.

Kennedy, who is an exercise physiologist at the Institute of Lifestyle Medicine, a nonprofit research center founded in 2007 by Harvard Medical School and the Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital

Female privilege.

Meanwhile, I could write this post almost two years ago without outside funding and tax exemption status:

The highest quality women I've been with were all fit, active women who had a healthy relationship with food. They didn't speak of 'starving' themselves or 'genetics'. They just knew that if you eat unhealthy food to excess and don't exercise, your body pays the price. They didn't skip meals, but ate realistic portions of salads / vegetables / protein that would fuel their body without excess. They didn't consider it 'denial' or 'punishment', because food was fuel, not an emotional reward for unhappiness.

They're women who are smart enough to understand cause and effect without restorting to unhealthy rationalisations.

Another post from almost 2 years back:

I see it all the time at the supermarket. My local one has packages of meal-replacement shakes at the checkout. Women *always* put a few in their trolley, to mentally pat themselves on the back for being 'good' because they've got a trolley full of Tim Tams, Chocolate Ice Cream and Sweets. They think skipping *one* meal will make up for a snacking caloric-intake equal to ten meals, then complain about 'genetics' and the expectations of the male gaze.

I've met very few women who don't have this obsessive and unhealthy denial - reward attitude to food, and very few men who do, even though women don't sexually-reward fat men either.

My other rule of thumb: the moment one girl gives into [food-related] weakness, her social circle will fold as well.

I wish I could get paid to set my research sights so low and with such obvious hypotheses.

It's times like this I miss Aliblahba. Brother was a champion fat shamer.

Just look at all those color powder run fat asses all you need to know.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

I used to run a lot. It was fun but taught me that running is gay, terrible on the joints, and boring!

I always thought there was something wrong with runners. I met many people who could run light years more than me but they were chunky and had poor physiques. If any of them were lean, it's because they were lanky and awkward.

Lift weights or play sports.

Thanks OP

It's not just runner chicks who stay fat. My uncle wakes up every morning at some ungodly hour to run 5-10 miles. He's been doing it for 15 years and guess what, he has always and will continue to look like shit. That's not the kind of healthy stimulus your body craves, that's more of a "I'm going to beat the shit out of my joints and pump myself full of cortisol and by god I'll do it at 4:30 in the morning on little sleep, too. Goodbye, knees and hips, I've got some dunkin' donuts to eat later this day and I better brag to all my friends about how I wake up early to run every morning."

Yet another reason to lift heavy weights. It's not necessarily the activity that burns calories, but the building and maintaining of muscle mass.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

The only way a fat woman is going to be able to lose weight is by going on a strict paleolithic diet, cutting out all sugars and processed food. Doing a little bit of running every day isn't going to do anything if you're still eating garbage.

Funny you should mention people do not know the intensity of their own workouts. I was walking around a pond. When I started, I greeted an old man who was "jogging". By the end of the pond I greeted him again. He mentioned how I was walking faster than him running.

I don't know a single shredded dude who does a lot of cardio. In fact, their idea of cardio is a little clen before a workout.

Still, cardio has benefits besides fat loss. When I reach 50, I'd rather have the heart of someone who did cardio and carried an extra 10 pounds over the guy who did little cardio but was sliced.

Even the 'Murph' only incorporates two miles :

•1-mile run
•100 pullups
•200 pushups
•300 air squats
•1-mile run

That's supposed to be done with a 20pound weight vest / body armour as well...
Can't say I have the fitness to complete a 'Murph'.
Yet I did do a 'mini-Murph' recently, sans weight vest.
1km run.
150 push-ups alternating with
150 squats.
1km run.

http://www.mensfitness.com/training/endu...ods?page=3

Always good to see another iteration of the victim card explode in the face of the user.

Fat people are Fat because they are Lazy. pretty simple

two scoops
two genders
two terms

Quote: (10-14-2015 01:48 AM)NomadofEU Wrote:  

Always good to see another iteration of the victim card explode in the face of the user.

Yep.
It's such a simple principle.
Yet so many people seem oblivious to it :

The human body, does not generate fat from nothing.

Quote: (10-14-2015 01:55 AM)CynicalContrarian Wrote:  

Quote: (10-14-2015 01:48 AM)NomadofEU Wrote:  

Yep.
It's such a simple principle.
Yet so many people seem oblivious to it :

The human body, does not generate fat from nothing.

[Image: K3otb7.gif]

two scoops
two genders
two terms

Quote: (10-14-2015 02:01 AM)NomadofEU Wrote:  

[Image: K3otb7.gif]

Heh.
I ain't scared. [Image: lol.gif]

Yet, although he gets off on being the white knight in that instance.
I wonder if he got any of that fat twat.
Cause question is. Would he really want any of it...? [Image: confused.gif]

Quote: (10-14-2015 12:51 AM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

I don't know a single shredded dude who does a lot of cardio. In fact, their idea of cardio is a little clen before a workout.

Still, cardio has benefits besides fat loss. When I reach 50, I'd rather have the heart of someone who did cardio and carried an extra 10 pounds over the guy who did little cardio but was sliced.

They do exist though.

They're called athletes.

Just when I'd nearly put it out of my mind, someone HAD to post a pic of Dr. Oz and his stable of fatties.....

Quote: (10-14-2015 03:12 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

Quote: (10-14-2015 12:51 AM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

They do exist though.

They're called athletes.

I agree with this, I'm by no means a fitness god but after about a year of working out and doing 'no cardio' I could feel a shortness of breath and would get winded from sets at the gym.

All I did was add in a 1 mile run, once or twice a week, not for the fat loss but so my heart didn't feel like a shriveled up raisin when I used it. It didn't help my weight any but it did help my ability to finish that 10th rep of the 3rd set without breathing hard.

Cardio is for cardiovascular strength...which is why athletes use it...if it was for fat loss it would be called 'adipio' or something like that.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

I've been moving away from running for the reasons mentioned above. It provides too little cardio benefit compared with the constant pounding and impact on the feet, ankles, and knees. Instead I just walk about 1-2 miles a day, plus push ups, squats, and some lifting.

It's enough to stay fit as long as I maintain a high protein / high veggie diet with medium fats and low carbs. I'd argue that this is more important than what you do for cardio or lifting. As soon as I move away from veggies and eat more carbs like bread, my belly seems to swell in proportion. Cut the bread and carbs, replace with veggies and grilled chicken, I look fit again after a week or so.

70% diet, 30% exercise.

Any cardio you want to do should be high intensity. Sprints are my favorite which is still running but is completely different from long distance. Just look at the builds of Olympic athletes. Which would you rather look like?

Sprinters vs Long Distance
[Image: olympic-runners-470-0808-msc-300x230.jpg]

Guess who works out more?

In a related study, science has also figured out that women do not like to work hard.

This new broscience fad against cardio is stupid though. You need good cardio (maybe not Olympic marathon level) to last through long lifting sessions, combat sports, ball sports etc. If you can't last through training because your heart and lung give up and go home early, you aren't going to get shredded, especially without juice.

Constant low intensity steady state cardio doesn't burn fat effectively and diet is a big part of fat loss, details at 11.

But yes sister you totally earned that cheesecake by running 2.5 miles today.

I have been following a strict diet for 3 years now. The shit that makes people fat and stay fat are soft drinks, cake, pizza, breads, ice cream etc. Once identified for the enemy they are, the weight stays off. Women CANNOT resist that shit. Not one. A man who knows will build his willpower and substitute something else. Women wont.

Girls like to be on the fitness fad because it makes them feel like they live a healthy and active lifestyle. Here is something I wrote in a thread about girls with fluctuating weight last year:

Quote:General Stalin Wrote:

Another story: I just got out of a mini relationship with this 6.5/7. Pretty face, very tall, long thin legs and arms, nice tits, but a thick mid section with no figure and no ass. Never really got over it, but she was a cool chick and gave top-shelf head so I let it slide. Weirdest part is that she is very active, goes running and goes to the gym several days a week and is very dedicated to it and claims she has been ever since her teen years. I ask her what her deal is with exercise without bringing up he less-than-perfect body that I assume she is trying to fix. She tells me she would "love to be anorexic-thin as a rail with little b-sized boobs" and be able to wear strapless maxi dresses and whatnot, but she is not willing to make the necessary changes in her lifestyle to facilitate that (drink less, eat better, work out more aggressively etc.). She works out just to do it because it makes her feel good - no measure of progress or maintenance of any kind. Just no fucks given.

It's all about surface level satisfaction with these broads.