rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

American Girl Cell Phone/Text Message Hell hole

I am in Spain right now and I was swooping on a Spanish girl last night.

The streets were full of people partying, and I noticed something strange:

No one was on their cell phone. No calling. No texting. No BBming. No Twittering. No Facebooking. No Foursquaing.

Everyone was simply drinking, dancing, sitting and talking and having a good time.

I actually did a rough "survey" and only about 3% of the people at any given time were on their cell. (And those people seemed to be trying to "connect" with friends and find out where they were, not aimless texting).

This is opposed to Southern California where I would say about 90% of American girls are on their cellphones at all times.

(Southern California has the highest percentage of cell phone retards in my opinion; higher than NYC, Miami Beach, Chicago etc)

It is Amazing how retarded Americans are. And amazing to see how other cultures actually enjoy life.

We really don't realize how bad we have it in America (we think we do, but it is actually way worse than that).

Not to mention, it makes approaching girls so much easier here.

Yeah, it's pretty sad. I think girls here are so egotistical and selfish that they're actually scared to be seen unoccupied for a moment and without a massive social following. They're social misfits who need to be glued to their phone in order to seem cool, interesting, and popular.

One of the most satisfying dates I ever had was when the girl I was with left her phone in her car for entire time.

Go balls deep

If I could add one thing to that. Its the social media updates. You cant go for a piss without someone whipping out a camera to take photos. Constant preening and posing for photos, men and women alike, is pissing me off no end.

Are your lives that empty that you have to upload images of every outing for the whole world to see?

Hooligan Harry -

Yeah, the social media updates are beyond retarded.

Everyone is so concerned with documenting everything, they don't enjoy the moment.

This phenomenon happened so damn fast it really is making my head spin.

I hate to blame the younger generation coming up, but I have no other answers. This by far is the worst generation yet.

It amazes me that no one, and I mean no one, is questioning this stuff.

I really hope that this does not infect other places like Spain.

It is pure heaven here, the lack of cell phone abuse is beyond staggering.

I am really surprised this revelation is not on the cover of every major newspaper.

Quote: (06-19-2011 09:25 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Hooligan Harry -

Yeah, the social media updates are beyond retarded.

Everyone is so concerned with documenting everything, they don't enjoy the moment.

This phenomenon happened so damn fast it really is making my head spin.

I hate to blame the younger generation coming up, but I have no other answers. This by far is the worst generation yet.

It amazes me that no one, and I mean no one, is questioning this stuff.

I really hope that this does not infect other places like Spain.

It is pure heaven here, the lack of cell phone abuse is beyond staggering.

I am really surprised this revelation is not on the cover of every major newspaper.

There is hope after all. Spain's notoriously harder gaming circuit is neutralised by people who don't spend 24/7 on a crackberry..karma. I met a Spanish chick last night who was glued to her phone, UK society must have fucked her up, needless to say I cut her loose. I told her if she wanted to carry on talking me there was one condition...don't spend the night on your phone -'I don't do conditions'...already started walking before she finished the sentence!

G you've been to Colombia right? Dear me..now BBM there is like a cancer, people constantly on BBM. I went on a date with a Colombian chick on two separate dates she was twiddling with BBM. She said in Colombia it's normal behaviour...I said where I'm from it's plain rude. No substitute for good manners.

G, It was like that way before cell phones, I was always blown away when I went to Europe and saw the Quality of life there even though I lived in CT which supposedly has a high standard of living.

Last week I was in a little resturant here in FL and A bunch of older Greek guys (50+) were sitting around drinking wine and ouzo at 11am.This is normal for this town...Now if a bunch of Americans were to do that, they would be looked at as alchoholics and women may not even want to be in the same place...

Most American women don't want to have fun...they want to be pissed off or have what other people consider fun and pretend to enjoy it. The Cell is just another tool for them to stay distant.

It's an ego indulgence mechanism.

Even without it people will find a way to not enjoy the moment and to indulge their ego.

Went to a club in Skopje a few weeks ago. High end club called paradiso. Absolutely jam packed. Absolutely nobody looked like they were having a good time. I did not see a single person smile. Everybody was looking around the club to see who was noticing them being seen. Everybody posing with their bottle service and nobody dancing.

It's an ego disease, the mobile phone is just the symptom.

Quote:Quote:

And amazing to see how other cultures actually enjoy life.

I'm not American so can't compare it to other cultures but I'm from the UK and I too always notice that foreign countries appear, to me at least, to have a much better outlook on life and enjoy themselves a lot more. People aren't getting blind drunk and binge drinking to forget how shit their lives are, people go out, they eat, they talk, they share their food and drinks, it's social. In the UK when we eat we all get our own food and shove it into our greedy fucking faces as quickly as we can without uttering a word to each other, we don't share beer or drinks we just get our own and neck it as fast we can in the hope we can reach oblivion quicker and forget how shit the night actually is / was. People in the UK can't / don't dance, the girls hit the dance floor and shake around (mostly badly) and the guys just leech around waving their arms in the hope to attract one of the ugly slags. People in the Uk, as you say are more interested in connecting with their cyber friends on facebook / twitter etc than actually talking to the people they are with. Nothing worse than being in a bar and everyone is sitting around on their phones, telling a bunch of idiots who couldn't care less "I'm at a bar, just bought a drink". Wow!

People think the UK is cultured, in fact it's quite the opposite in many respects.

I have now been in Paris for a month and have also noticed this phenomenon. People are not just glued to their cellphones and when they are using them it is more for music in the metro.

I find the locals here much for social, sexual and physically engaging. I just wish I knew french better, makes it extremely difficult at times when trying to meet women.

I have a crackberry and it seems like a must have tool in Canada. I think it is truly a sign of the times that "young" people are bored and do not know how to have a good time. Funny, when I meet a girl that does not have this phone I am instantly more interested, although chances are she has a Iphone.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Not a problem in Poland. It's wonderful.

No doubt: America is going to shit. I try do my part by calling bitches out on it, but I've lost hope and just do it mostly to exploit the situation for my benefit. Just yesterday, at a family-oriented social gathering I asked this girl--who talked like every sentence ended in a question mark, another problem entirely--if she was "one of those phone addicts."

Without looking up, she said, "I'm just on facebook," and keep thumbing away.

I was about to throw my hands up in the air in dismay, when she suddenly tucked her phone under her ass and started engaging the group.

Even though we won't change this lamentable trend, I think that might make a decent opener: "Are you one of those phone addicts?"

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (06-19-2011 01:12 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Even though we won't change this lamentable trend, I think that might make a decent opener: "Are you one of those phone addicts?"

+1 I'm trying this one out asap.

"Are you one of those phone addicts?"

I've tried that one but with little success.

I have a couple phone openers but mostly, I avoid phone whores as they don't seem particularly interested in meeting anyone new.

It's even worse in college towns. The girls that will be graduating in the next few years are so entrenched in their phone/mobile/facebook lives will be out there in larger cities.

Social media and internet has done some great things but overall, it is a negative contribution to humanity. There is no physical unity or camaraderie among city dwellers in America anymore, just this vague online tribal community.

I'm so close to shutting down facebook and getting rid of text messaging altogether, forcing girls to talk to me on the phone and play my game or not at all.

Mixx's "Did you get my text message?" has worked for me before.

Update:

So I had to re-test my "survey" here in Spain.

I would say 3% is extremely high here. (The 3% figure for people on their phone is for the 15-30 party age group out at night and partying. You know the group that is about 90-95% in Southern California.) I just went outside, and it is way less than 1% with all age groups.

(And keep in mind a festival is going on. ie The perfect time to snap a photo and share it with your weesh friends on Facebook!!!!#$!#%!@!!!!!)

This is amazing. I actually feel I got in a time machine and it is 1998.

No one even has their cell phones in their hands.

It is absolutely bizarre.

I think I am moving here for sure.

The difference is so extreme it is staggering, so my question is this:

Is there something in Americans (genes, culture) that makes them such unbelievable cell phone pieces of sh*t/retards/anti-social/annoying?

Or are Americans early adopters and people in other parts of the world simply going to follow suit on this path to Hell?

Quote: (06-19-2011 01:58 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

That's gold. A third option, that's accidentally worked for me on a couple of occasions now is: "Can you look something up for me?" Then send her on a wild, Internet goose-chase.

I have a POS phone, so it worked because the girl had a deluxe top-of-the-line smart phone and I genuinely needed to find something. (Isn't it ironic that "smart phones" make people so fucking stupid? Just a random thought.)

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

This is funny but not so far fetched..
http://youtu.be/oe-Y-zSd5gs

@G

I agree with Lumiere's post that the phone is not the cause of the behavior, but rather a symptom.

Here is an interesting article about how technology is making us miserable: http://www.cracked.com/article_15231_7-r...rable.html

Everyone wants to be cool and txting, social networking, ect all offer false-validation. Back when I wasn't aware of how terrible all this shit is I used to be excited when I got a txt. It's like "oh, someone is thinking about me. Ego +1"

I deleted my Facebook over 2 months ago. Haven't looked back once.

Quote: (06-19-2011 02:14 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Is there something in Americans (genes, culture) that makes them such unbelievable cell phone pieces of sh*t/retards/anti-social/annoying?

Or are Americans early adopters and people in other parts of the world simply going to follow suit on this path to Hell?

Actually America isn't at the forefront of these trends. It's Japan.

IIRC, even Europe got big into SMS before the U.S. did. Of course, our fellow Americans Steve Jobs, Tom from myspace and Mark Zuckerberg took it to the next level by combining this stuff all into one portable interface.

Can anyone that's spent time in Japan tell us if this same dynamic exist there?

For all it's foibles, I won't be deleting my FB anytime soon. It's too useful for me when it comes to finding out about stuff going on and keeping up to date with friends overseas. It's just a tool like any. You can use a hammer to build houses or smash windows. It's up to you to use tools for your benefit.

Here's a neg to try out: "Hmmm, I see your friends aren't with you. Do you ever worry that maybe they really don't like you, and they're trying to avoid you?"

Quote: (06-19-2011 01:58 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Rookie passed that one on to me a while back. I didn't know it came from Mixx. [Image: cool.gif]

Quote: (06-19-2011 04:36 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (06-19-2011 02:14 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Actually America isn't at the forefront of these trends. It's Japan.

IIRC, even Europe got big into SMS before the U.S. did. Of course, our fellow Americans Steve Jobs, Tom from myspace and Mark Zuckerberg took it to the next level by combining this stuff all into one portable interface.

Can anyone that's spent time in Japan tell us if this same dynamic exist there?

For all it's foibles, I won't be deleting my FB anytime soon. It's too useful for me when it comes to finding out about stuff going on and keeping up to date with friends overseas. It's just a tool like any. You can use a hammer to build houses or smash windows. It's up to you to use tools for your benefit.
I don't have the economist world index on me, but Japan and the US are the number 1 and 2 fad countries. I can't remember which was the order though.

Text while you are supposted to be parting... You are doing it wrong.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Oh you must be talking about my generation. Believe it or not, there are people who use there cell phones in class rooms during the whole lessons. Also during in breaks between and usually if someone has a girlfriend, he has to at least send 200 text messages a day. In parties or clubs there aren't a lot of people who text but a lot of them do look miserable and worry too much about who sees them.

For me the best way to open a girl with a phone is to take the cellphone out of her hands, cancel the text message and start sucking her into my world of no texting.