rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Shaming tactics and potential responses

I found this to be very concise and well done:
The Catalogue of Anti-Male shaming tactics

Yes, it's on a MGTOW site (which I'm not), but the content is good nevertheless, and can be applied to discussions other than "MGTOW<->feminist" as well. You could also use it to apply the shaming tactics yourself and abuse some SJWs.

Excerpt:
Quote:Quote:

Charge of Endangerment.

The target is accused of being a menace in some undefined manner. This charge may be coupled with some attempt to censor the target.
  • “You guys are scary.”
  • “You make me feel afraid.”
Response: It may be constructive to point out that only bigots and tyrants are afraid of having the truth expressed to them.

Found it a few months ago.
It seemed to me that they use logic in their response.

If you are attacked, it is because of emotions. I believe that tactics other than logic may apply.
Example - Agree&Amplify:
“You guys are scary.”
"Yes. I'm the most scariest person in the world. World peace is in danger".

To counter emotion, you need to use emotional tactics as well.

"I love a fulfilling and sexual relationship. That is why I make the effort to have many of those" - TheMaleBrain
"Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Serious question: Does anyone on the forum actually hear stuff like this from women?

“You’re bitter!”
“You need to get over your anger at women.”
"You are so negative!”

“You need to get over your fear.”
“Step up and take a chance like a man!”
“You’re afraid of a strong woman!”

“Stop whining!”
“Get over it!”
“Suck it up like a man!”
“You guys don’t have it as nearly as bad as us women!”
“You’re just afraid of losing your male privileges.”
“Your fragile male ego …”
“Wow! You guys need to get a grip!”

“Grow up!”
“You are so immature!”
“Do you live with your mother?”
“I’m not interested in boys. I’m interested in real men.”
“Men are shirking their God-given responsibility to marry and support children.”

“You guys are scary.”
“You make me feel afraid.”
"You’re one of those right-wing wackos.”
“You’re an extremist”
“You sound like the KKK.”
“… more anti-feminist zaniness”

“Are you gay?”
“I need a real man, not a sissy.”
“You’re such a wimp.”

“I’m not like that!”
“Stop generalizing!”
“That’s a sexist stereotype!”

“You misogynist creep!”
“Why do you hate women?”
“Do you love your mother?”
“You are insensitive to the plight of women.”
“You are mean-spirited.”
“You view women as doormats.”
“You want to roll back the rights of women!!”
“You are going to make me cry.”

“You’re unstable.”
“You have issues.”
“You need therapy.”
“Weirdo!”

“You are so materialistic.”
“You are so greedy.”

“If you didn’t go after bimbos, then …”
“How can you be so shallow and turn down a single mother?”

“I bet you are fat and ugly.”
“You can’t get laid!”
“Creep!”
“Loser!”
“Have you thought about the problem being you?”

“Stop being so negative.”
“You are so cynical.”
“If you refuse to have relationships with women, then you are admitting defeat.”
“C’mon! Men are doers, not quitters.”

“No woman will marry you with that attitude.”
“Creeps like you will never get laid!”

Unfortunately YES.
Sometimes, when I explain how I see the world, I get those.

"I love a fulfilling and sexual relationship. That is why I make the effort to have many of those" - TheMaleBrain
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote: (09-16-2015 02:06 PM)TheMaleBrain Wrote:  

Unfortunately YES.

Which ones do you get?
How do you see the world?

I'm curious because I never hear any of these.

Most of those listed, I've only seen on the internet, where they're common responses. I think the reason I don't hear them offline is because the conversation rarely heads in a direction where you'd expect to hear them.

A few of them I've definitely heard "offline" especially the remarks about ego... fragile ego, overinflated ego, etc. Not necessarily directed at me but men in general. Remarks about fear and calling men cowards I think are common. I'm not opposed to calling men cowards but I find that women assign it not because it fits but because they know we prize bravery (for example, he didn't call her back because he's a coward...)

For some context I grew up surrounded by women. Three sisters, no brothers, four aunts, one uncle, most of my cousins are girls, etc. Conversations about the faults of men were common (and still are common) when I'm around family

I think the problem rests in listening to what women say any more / longer than absolutely necessary

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Quote: (09-15-2015 11:12 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

Serious question: Does anyone on the forum actually hear stuff like this from women?

Well, I got several of these from MEN before [Image: lol.gif]

Around two years ago, when I first got into the manosphere, it was such an interesting subject for me that I tried talking to friends about it. After listening to me for a while, their usual response was either along the lines of "You're frustrated" (similar to "You're bitter.") or "You need a girlfriend." (similar to "You can't get laid.") - and I guess they were right to some extent, at that point in my life. But I wished I had some way of countering these reactions.

This caused me to give up on talking to other men about manosphere stuff, and since then I only discussed manosphere-related subjects on forums - and on Roosh's first World Tour event in Berlin this year [Image: thumb.gif]

Quote: (09-15-2015 10:31 PM)TheMaleBrain Wrote:  

Found it a few months ago.
It seemed to me that they use logic in their response.

To counter emotion, you need to use emotional tactics as well.

You're right - yeah, to get them on the emotional side would be the superior tactic.

Quote: (09-09-2015 03:48 PM)Sgt Wrote:  

I found this to be very concise and well done:
The Catalogue of Anti-Male shaming tactics

Yes, it's on a MGTOW site (which I'm not), but the content is good nevertheless, and can be applied to discussions other than "MGTOW<->feminist" as well. You could also use it to apply the shaming tactics yourself and abuse some SJWs.

Excerpt:
Quote:Quote:

Charge of Endangerment.

The target is accused of being a menace in some undefined manner. This charge may be coupled with some attempt to censor the target.
  • “You guys are scary.”
  • “You make me feel afraid.”
Response: It may be constructive to point out that only bigots and tyrants are afraid of having the truth expressed to them.

I don't necessarily hear any of this stuff in real life. It is mostly an internet thing. However, I am very glad you posted this because it was one of the first things I ever read on the manosphere, and I am grateful to have found it.

It introduced me to the idea that other men had noticed how women don't argue with logic. They argue with these veiled ad hominem attacks disguised as reason. And that in itself was inspiring.

I make a point of reading this once a year, and though it has already been mentioned in this thread that a lot of the responses he comes up with are not that great, what I find helpful is that this article articulated something that I had been feeling for a long time, but had never seen written down or expressed before.

Maybe because it was written a while ago, this all seems old hat now, I don't know. I just know it inspired me before I had any idea there was a manosphere.

It is quaint in its way now. Kind of like saying Julius Erving doesn't have as many spectacular dunks as Vince Carter does. Literally true, but give the dude some credit for being a pioneer.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Quote: (09-16-2015 02:20 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

Unfortunately YES.

Which ones do you get?

My View = Red Pill view.
Responses I got:
“You’re bitter!”
“Get over it!”
“I’m not like that!”
“Stop generalizing!”
“You are so cynical.”

Quote: (09-17-2015 02:12 AM)TheMaleBrain Wrote:  

Quote: (09-16-2015 02:20 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

Unfortunately YES.

Which ones do you get?

My View = Red Pill view.
Responses I got:
“You’re bitter!”
“Get over it!”
“I’m not like that!”
“Stop generalizing!”
“You are so cynical.”

Isn't Israel more red than blue pill...??? How can that be?
All these orthodox Jews plus brotherhood/sisterhood which should be shaped by army service..... Poland's most famous Israeli, Szewach Weiss, always tells these stories about army as a truly society-changing-force; in a way it reminds me about Kemalism in Turkey which used to be centered around army too. Anyway, no militarized society can be truly blue pill, I think.
Who exactly is blue pill in Israel....? Kadima followers? Meretz followers? Isn't Zionism inherently red pilled? If (1) Israeli Jews are warriors ready-to-be, and (2) women are soldiers too, doesn't that mean that they are truly equal? Or are women still 'more equal than other animals' in Orwellian way?