rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Was Malcolm X A Misogynist?

Malcolm X was furious to learn at the last minute that a speaker had decided not to appear at a rally at the Audubon Ballroom in Harlem, N.Y., on Feb. 21, 1965. A flustered aide said that he'd phoned Malcolm's wife, Betty, with the information, according to Manning Marable's controversial biography, Malcolm X: A Life of Reinvention.

Malcolm exploded: "You gave that message to a woman?! ... You should know better than that."

The remarks, hours before he was assassinated, capped off a lifetime of frustration with, dependence on and anger at the women in his life.

http://www.theroot.com/views/did-malcolm...?gt1=38002

The word misogyny didn't even exist in his era. So using modern terms like that to describe people 50 years ago before the rise of feminism is pointless. You might as well say every man that existed before 1960 was a misogynist. I think his attitude toward women was just the norm in a pre-feminist world. That said, he had a wife and kids and took good care of them. He was also a Muslim, and they aren't exactly anti-patriarchs.

I don't know about being a misogynist i.e. actually HATING women, that's much too harsh, but is there even a single man in the world who is good with women (can/does get laid a lot) who is not sexist? Obviously many men who are good wouldn't accept the title, but after looking at their behaviour you can see that they are. e.g. Bill Clinton

Was Malcom X good with women. Lot's of groupies etc?

Quote: (06-15-2011 01:23 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

The word misogyny didn't even exist in his era. So using modern terms like that to describe people 50 years ago before the rise of feminism is pointless.

I agree with the above and would strongly urge anyone reading this thread to to check out his autobiography.

"Was Malcolm X a misogynist?"

Does anyone here believe misogyny exists, or matters?

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (06-16-2011 12:05 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

"Was Malcolm X a misogynist?"

Does anyone here believe misogyny exists, or matters?

The term has been carelessly thrown around enough that I honestly don't believe it has much meaning anymore. A guy can easily earn that label just by virtue of being a male. It is shaming language.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

A healthy dose of misogyny will actually help a man in life.