rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Approached a girl from Starbucks

Hey RooshV fam, just wanted to get some insight on a girl that I met recently at a Starbucks.

So this tan HB7/8 sat next to me and seemed very open to conversation. We small talk about what she does and what I do for a living and I number close right before she leaves. I text her a few days later and ask her to grab a bite or a drink in the evening after work. She responds with "yeah a get-together sounds good. would you like to go hiking instead?" so now we have a hiking date in the morning planned.

I didn't include too many details in this post but I get some feeling that she may have a boyfriend and is using me as a hangout buddy. Instead of drinks at night, we're hiking in the morning on a weekend. I have the urge to confirm that she's single a day before our date with "just wondering, do you have a boyfriend and is he cool with you coming out?" And if she reveals that she has a boyfriend, I can approach this in a different way and move her down on the priority list.

What would you seasoned veterans do? Would you ask if she's single or just go on the hiking date?

You've already put yourself behind the 8 ball by agreeing to a morning hike as a first date but it's certainly not a lost cause. I absolutely would not text her anything more asking about a boyfriend. I would just show up to the date and get to know her as you would over coffee or drinks. Since you'll be walking side by side there's lots of opportunity for touching her. You can tease her about things, pretend to push her off the trail, bump shoulders with her, graze her arm, etc. You'll quickly get a feel for her situation and if she has a boyfriend or not. If she does you can make a graceful exit. If things go well and she's available, I would still cut things short after an hour or two.

If she's interested in a second date your chance of banging her is pretty good since she already feels comfortable with you, you touched her a lot and hopefully flirted with her the entire time. I would avoid going to lunch or anything else after the hike since you'll just be spending money on her with no real added value over the hike you already took with her.

Just go with it. She didn't blow you off and even suggested an alternate (that doesn't cost anything). Be like water.

Yep, a morning hike with a hot girl isn't the worst thing in the world. Plenty of opportunity for kino.

I enjoy morning hikes, so as long as she doesn't suck it sounds pleasant.

Hike bangs are rare, but you can escalate out of the friendzone

Go for the hike!
But make your intentions clear to her.

I'm one of the luckiest man alive, nothing in my life has been easy...

That text, especially as worded, would come off weak.

Many cool and attractive people don't drink or do the party scene. I found this out after I went dry for a while. If she's really a 7/8 like you said, she probably does actually hike for fun. consider yourself lucky

Game her on the hike man. Don't text anything except logistics before that.... please.

Plenty of opportunity to game. I'd take a long hike in the morning with a 7/8 anytime, just because she suggested this instead of a drink doesn't mean the door isn't open. As TonySandos said above, she could just be more into chill things, self improvement, etc instead of partying. You did meet at Starbucks after all, not a club.

Do not text anything like asking about a boyfriend etc. In fact don't text at all except where needed. If she does have a boyfriend, that doesn't mean you couldn't still make something happen. As long as you maintain frame.

Americans are dreamers too

I have friend that shows me pictures from a "hike" in the woods. Just the normal pics of this new woman nothing dirty. However, he banged here right there.

A fucking hike on a first date? I guess it can work as an activity date, but it's a lot of investment for a girl you haven't banged yet.

This is what you can do - flake. Get her chasing you for validation, then reschedule for a drinks date at your place.

Never ask a girl if she has a fucking boyfriend.

Quote: (08-15-2015 01:02 PM)Vincent Chase Wrote:  

A fucking hike on a first date? I guess it can work as an activity date, but it's a lot of investment for a girl you haven't banged yet.

This is what you can do - flake. Get her chasing you for validation, then reschedule for a drinks date at your place.

Never ask a girl if she has a fucking boyfriend.

Or he just won't hear from her again. I understand abundance mindset, but this is just shooting yourself in the foot

This could be an excellent opportunity to flake.

"My bad babe I was at the bar until 3 AM and totally forgot."

Be that guy!

http://www.rooshv.com/be-that-guy

"I overslept but you can come over for some hangover bloody Mary's lol"

I don't know your situation too well but this is excellent opportunity to flip the script. As a man YOU take the lead and by agreeing to her idea you've already lost points in her book.

I can see it that way redbeard. My mistake guys. There is applicable flake to this scenario

I have a mixed opinion about hiking dates, but I have a precise opinion about asking for boyfriend:
NEVER ask a girl if she has a boyfriend. Just pretend she doesn't. You are putting a possible objection and a possible additional barrier. Things might get ankward after she says a shy "Yes".

If it is a problem, she will mention it by herself. Don't ask her.

Quote: (08-18-2015 02:11 PM)Rawmeo Wrote:  

I have a mixed opinion about hiking dates, but I have a precise opinion about asking for boyfriend:
NEVER ask a girl if she has a boyfriend. Just pretend she doesn't. You are putting a possible objection and a possible additional barrier. Things might get ankward after she says a shy "Yes".

Through my cold approaching journey of daygaming and night gaming I have learned it's more efficient to ask a girl for her number under the context of we should hangout sometime.

If you ask her if she is single especially around her friends her anti-slut resistance might flair up with an automated rejection line of she has a boyfriend even tho a majority of the time girls are lying.

But if you are trying to screen hard remember it's not your obligation to give a fuck about her having a boyfriend as you do not owe him shit.

It's her own obligation to be loyal to him not you.

Just be careful with those girls who you think might have a boyfriend that is willing to goto jail or die for her as those guys have some serious mental problems and jealousy issues.

Quote: (08-18-2015 02:11 PM)Rawmeo Wrote:  

To expand on this, the frequency of her mentioning is the key indication on how committed they are. I banged a girl once who didn't even mention her boyfriend fiancee. I found out post coitus. If she starts bringing it up very early in the interaction, eject.

This goes double based on how she mentions her boyfriend. If she mentions it loud and proud, eject. "My BOYFRIEND and I went to dinner last night yada yada yada." If she is coy about it, she might be looking to cheat. "I was at this place with my uhhh...friend...boyfriend...and anyway we were doing this thing and yada yada yada." She might be open to cheating if she does't own the word "boyfriend."

Bring two death drinks. Get a few large (1L) generic bottles of flavored water from the grocery store and chill them... drink a bit off the top and and mix with a few shots of pre-chilled vodka (I keep mine in the freezer) in each. Seal and good to go.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Never ask if she has a boyfriend. It doesn't matter.

Girl game is to appear available(single) and act unattainable. It how they maximize the amount of attention they get from guys.

Asking if she has a boyfriend destroys the illusion she's trying to project. Women and reality don't mix.

And you should have turned down the hiking date. Dates are always on your terms. Not hers.

Team Nachos

Good job so far. I love coffee shop game.

Change it up on her and tell her you have something to do and offer an alternative.