rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Athens, Georgia College Football Gameday Breakdown.

I've learned so much from this board in the past year, here is a chance for me to give back in the smallest most meager way.

I don't know how many of you are interested in college football, tailgating, and slutty college girls, but after 4 years in Athens, Georgia, the home of UGA, I feel like I can possibly break down Athens better than most. I graduated this May and know everything about this place.

I am breaking it down now because I am going to assume that anyone interested in visiting Athens will be wanting to hit a football weekend, which means you want to be booking hotel rooms about...now. [Image: idea.gif]

Athens

Every guy I have met who has traveled around the South generally agrees that Athens is the best college town in the South Eastern Conference. Many consider (myself included) that Athens is also the best city to party in as well, with the possible exceptions of New Orleans, Austin, Charleston, and Miami.

The town is small but has a very vibrant downtown scene, with over 30-40 bars within 5 city blocks as well. Unlike other cities, this is the only place you will find the watering holes. You won’t need a taxi to get anywhere you want to go. Athens has a population of 115,000, with 40,000 of them students. On football gamedays, Athens will swell to 300,000, turning the city into a massive outdoor party filled with mostly drunk Atlantans and Georgians. If you are a fan of drinking and hot blonde southern college girls, this is your place.

Take into account that everyone ends up downtown, so I only recommend hotels, venues, and restaurants downtown. You don’t want to end up on the other side of town right when the dolled up sorority girls are heading in the other direction.

Where to Stay

If you don’t know people to stay with, you want to stay at a hotel downtown. You do not want to get taxis to your hotel from miles away.
If you are a player with a wallet, you want to stay at Hotel Indigo, the Hilton Garden Inn, or the Foundry Inn.

I valeted at Hotel Indigo for a couple of semesters and it is considered to be the best hotel in Athens. Indigo in particular has a great hotel bar where glammed up rich girls will often drink before going out. Roll up G Manifesto style and you will rule the bar as the only men there are old fathers or out of town accountants.

For players on a budget, you can book a room at the Holiday Inn or the Holiday Inn Express, which are also right downtown.

The Girls:

Blonde hair, blue eyes, tiny dresses and high heels. Lots and lots of them. That is the stereotype and it doesn’t disappoint. Georgia girls are easy, especially if you dress well and don’t fall into the wasted frat boy stereotype. While most younger sorority girls will only go after fraternity boys, most older and mature girls will be very interested in a slightly older man or alum who dresses well and isn’t wasted drunk, especially if your logistics are good and you provide a good alibi. Girls will always roll together and it is very common to see packs of young slender blondes walking the streets on their way to the bars. If you have a wingman who has great energy and is fun, you can stop a group. Make sure your vibe is fun because fuck it, every college girl is in college to have FUN FUN FUN OMG PARTY.

I generally recommend going direct. Why? Because every girl in this town has outrageous ADD and you need to get to the point early and show her your balls. Don’t be wasted though. Frat boys have no game so you should shift through the competition well.

Don’t neg or be rude. I learned this the hard way and lost lots of girls by teasing ad negging. Don’t do it. Young Georgia girls have very fragile egos. If you are polite, nice, and direct, they will hook. Keep it going with the humor and entertain by being fun .

Speak their language:

Talk about your favorite memories of college to get her comfortable. Talk about how you were in a Fraternity (say you were in SAE a few years ago at some college, they are huge at UGA). Also play to her dreams of the future and talk about your travels or whatever. Georgia girls have no real outside experience other than their high schools, Spring Breaks, and well…Georgia. There ain’t much in Georgia. You can get a make-out very easily here with some really really stupid lines too. Then pounce and suggest coming back to your hotel room for some wine or something. If you have been pretty direct and she is still around, she will say yes. (it will work even better if you suggest smoking weed back at your place lol)

Modus Operandi:

I am assuming that you are arriving on a Thursday or Friday night. This is perfect as you get a night or two to go out before the crowds really arrive on Saturday.

Hit the streets and happy hours early around 6 or 7. It is against regulations to smoke in the bars so if you smoke, you will get a chance to play cigarette game with some girls. Most girls will roll downtown early to get a small bite to eat before getting drinks at bars.

This is where you want to go:

Hotel Indigo Bar: You will not find any male competition here but for some reason, lots of rich sorority girls come here early to get a drink with a friend or two before hitting downtown. Rich sorority girls = hot sorority girls. The rich girls dress to the nines all the time. No blaring loud music either which is nice. Post up and get a couple of numbers to meet them later.

Speakeasy: A tapas and appetizers place. A very SWPL joint with a nice bar and great atmosphere. Get here early to get some good food and post up at the bar. Classy girls love this place for some reason. No frat boys will ever come here.

The Winery: One of the best bars in town. A large selection of wines and liquors. I have done very very well at the Winery when I am chilling at the bar or out on the patio by the street. Girls flock to this place for champagne (I guess in celebration of being young, slutty, and hot). [Image: angel.gif]

Allgood: Another more mature bar with higher prices to weed out the beer drinking frat boys. Above all, you want to avoid the cheap bars if you hate loud obnoxious assholes. Great girl/ guy ratio.

Blue Moon: An upstairs bar with a patio and an amazing beer selection. It is quiet and filled with the kinds of people who are sick of underaged drinkers.

By 10 while you are approaching at the above bars, call or text the numbers you have gotten and meet up with them. Make them come to you at one of the above locations, don’t go chasing them to a shit bar.

The above bars are great because girls generally love to go to them. There, you can venue change and make your moves. If the girl goes cold or shuts off, go to the bar, get a drink and chat up another girl. Jealousy plays big and other girls notice this. By the end of the night, she will usually be blackout drunk as an excuse to have sex with you. [Image: dodgy.gif]

Anything after 12:30 is a waste of time. If you are not getting bites, retreat back to your hotel room. I know you won't though. Athens is too much fun to leave before 2 AM when the bars close.

Saturday Gamedays:

Wake up. Shit my head feels like in has monkeys banging drums in it. Who is this in my bed?

Kick the girl out by telling her to get her friend to go get her. They know what to do anyway. Usually they will be gone before you wake up. When you are recharged, text the numbers you got from last night and go meet up with them at their tailgate. You can walk there too from downtown.

Tailgating is the most fun part of UGA in my opinion. Everyone is very friendly and feel free to bum beer and grill food off everyone. Thousands of girls will be walking around in tiny red dresses all dolled up. All the frat boys are so drunk that they can barely stand up straight. Everyone wears red, white, or black. Everyone. Do you smell opportunity like I do? [Image: idea.gif]

THIS IS WHAT YOU DO DIFFERENTLY:
WEAR DIFFERENT SCHOOL COLORS COMPLETE WITH SCHOOL LOGOS.

Not the opposing team either. Wear some outrageous school colors like Michigan blue and yellow or Oregon green. You want to stand out from the sea of red and black. You are going to have HUNDREDS of people coming up and talking to you, wondering where you are from and what you are doing. Just tell them that you went to that school. [Image: icon_mrgreen.gif] You will be a rock star with a good exotic factor.

Go invade some tailgates! It’s great, everyone is usually wasted and having the time of their lives. Try to pull girls back to your place too if they are tired. Above all, be having fun. Impress girls with your masculine ability to do an lengthy keg stand.

You don’t have to go to the game if you don’t want to. I honestly hate going TO the games, they are the most overrated sporting event to attend in America. It is going to be hot, loud, and a social event for Frats and Sororities. I would much rather spend the day tailgating. Inside, walk around the stadium and chat up girls (who secretly hate going to the games too). Walk around for a couple of hours with a wing talking to girls in lines, get numbers, and have more fun than sitting drunk and mindless in the seats.

Saturday night after a football game is completely different than Friday. Everyone has been drinking and partying all day but Athens will be even more packed than the previous night. The classy girls will usually not go out but the slutty party girls will. I hate going out on these nights but if you still want to get crazy, I suggest peacocking your ass off like wearing a Indian head dress, a pirate hat, or your Michigan colors. Go out, text your numbers and approach like a maniac. There is nobody sober out on Saturday and everyone is an idiot. Go direct. Everyone knows why everyone is out on Saturday night.

Sunday: wake up with a hangover and kill yourself.

That is Athens. It is lots of fun for a couple of years but dammit, I am glad to get out. Last year I felt like I was about to die after 7 gamedays. Like I said, I know most guys on this board are older and more mature but if anyone is interested in hot southern girls, football, and drinking, Athens is a must visit town.

Where the latin & country clubs?

Also what bar/club can I find the easiest lays?

***FYI if you are a local and dropping a sheet on YOUR town you need to come strong with it! We need to know ALL the top locations for every taste (latina's, young girls, country gals, cougars, upscale bitches, college coeds ect) ***

You won't find any latin clubs in Athens. Mostly a lot of dive bars and sports bars with a few clubs here and there.

Country bars: General Beauregard's, Road House.

Easiest lays: Bourbon St and Sideways, the freshmen bars. Most under 21 girls can get in there, even with a horrible fake ID. I personally prefer Winery to meet girls and taking them to 90ds bar.

Quote: (06-09-2011 08:45 PM)raliv Wrote:  

You won't find any latin clubs in Athens. Mostly a lot of dive bars and sports bars with a few clubs here and there.

Country bars: General Beauregard's, Road House.

Easiest lays: Bourbon St and Sideways, the freshmen bars. Most under 21 girls can get in there, even with a horrible fake ID. I personally prefer Winery to meet girls and taking them to 90ds bar.

now thats what I like to see [Image: wink.gif]

for some reason I was thinking you where talking about ATL lol

Got any shots of the talent from facebook or something?

I assume Bourbon St and Sideways is THE place to go if I want to grind out some ho's on the dance floor right?

Check this site out for tons of photos of the talent. Too much to sift through.

http://dawgsnightlife.com/

Dancing you might want to stick with the Loft, 90d's Bar, and Bad Manor.

Solid data raliv. I've been waiting for you to drop the intel on that little gem. Allgoods is one of my fav spots. The rooftop patio was key.

Athens is by far and away THE best college town I've swooped in. I'll back raliv's data.

Great post Raliv, one of the most original posts on this forum.

What is the best time to visit this city? By best time i mean a time where the city has an event and lots of people go to it and everybody is in the party mood and a time where the weather is good (hot).

Do you think latino and black guys will also do well there?

Spent a gameday weekend in Athens a few years ago.

Unbelievable scenes. I love southern belles, and I was in heaven.

Raliv, no love for Beauregards and sweet tea?

+1

I am a local, it is surreal reading all this. What Raliv says is the truth. Now let's get a party going?

-

Glad to get out? I was born in this town and have been doing it for 10 years! [Image: smile.gif]

Awsome post Raliv, 1 + from me as well, you did contributed in a Big way.........

Answer this so other forum members might visit Athens as Pitt asked about Blacks and latinos, I want to ask about Indian looking guys, Being in the middle of GA, Do you think Non-whites would have a handicap ?

Also what Ethnicity are you ?

Happy Hunting.......

"Timidity is dangerous, Better to enter with boldness. Any mistakes you commit through audacity are easily corrected with more audacity." (Robert Greene)

You nailed it bud. I went to school there only a few yrs ago. There's some latin spots but they're far from the downtown scene.

Quote: (06-10-2011 11:04 AM)choichoi Wrote:  

You nailed it bud. I went to school there only a few yrs ago. There's some latin spots but they're far from the downtown scene.

How far? 30 minutes?

If it is within 30 minutes can you post the name and area?

Quote: (06-10-2011 04:44 AM)pitt Wrote:  

What is the best time to visit this city? By best time i mean a time where the city has an event and lots of people go to it and everybody is in the party mood and a time where the weather is good (hot).

Do you think latino and black guys will also do well there?

Best time to visit: During the fall football season. Everyone is in party mode all semester. I would stay away from September and early October games though. Georgia is brutally hot. Night games are the best as you all day to tailgate and it is much cooler. Late October and November games are by far the best months to visit Athens.

If you want to go in the Spring, visit for Twilight Race Weekend, a bicycle race through downtown. This weekend is almost or equal to football gamedays. [Image: icon_biggrin.gif]

I am a white Georgia boy, and I was not in a Fraternity (I probably should have joined one though). I think Latinos would do well here, but there is a large stigma against Guido or Jersey Shore style and culture here. There is still racism in Georgia so I am reluctant to say they will do well here. Unless you are a football player. If I was black, I would humbly tell everyone that I used to play football or basketball at a big college a few years back. [Image: idea.gif]

However, on the flip side, if you are dressed very well, classy, and are funny, you will draw a lot of positive attention while "fitting in." Conformity is a very important attribute among college girls here. If you fit in and have some great stories about traveling or adventures, you will be very popular.

I personally think Roosh would do well at most bars with his old "starving artist" thing.

I would also recomend The Globe as a bar to check out in athens. Downstairs is usually crowded and loud. Upstairs is quiter and a perfect place to isolate/advance.

Quote: (06-10-2011 10:52 AM)docsedated Wrote:  

Awsome post Raliv, 1 + from me as well, you did contributed in a Big way.........

Answer this so other forum members might visit Athens as Pitt asked about Blacks and latinos, I want to ask about Indian looking guys, Being in the middle of GA, Do you think Non-whites would have a handicap ?

Also what Ethnicity are you ?

Happy Hunting.......

From my experience, indian and latino guys do would not do very well with your typical UGA sorority girl. Handsom well dressed balck guys is a different story, they tend to kill it pretty good in my experience.

The nice thing is that Athens and Atlanta have plenty of alternative type girls that go for all sorts of styles, races etc.

I'm in Athens right now. This place is a ghost town in the summer. There's still a few half nekkid hotties running around though.

What brings you to my home town? Let me know if you need any info or want to meet up for a beer!

This place is incredibly depressing during the summer months. Friday and Saturday nights get pretty good though.

Quote: (06-14-2011 09:14 AM)amistod Wrote:  

What brings you to my home town? Let me know if you need any info or want to meet up for a beer!

Winder is my home base. I intended to swoop last night but jet lag got the best of PM me your cell# if you want to meetup tonight. I'm heading to San Salvador tomorrow.

Quote: (06-10-2011 11:16 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Quote: (06-10-2011 11:04 AM)choichoi Wrote:  

How far? 30 minutes?

If it is within 30 minutes can you post the name and area?

Here's an FB page for latin events in Ath.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2200262685

They're mostly at omega bar which is 20 mins from downtown.

whats the best way to travel to athens? the flights to athens are a little pricey, but is it a reasonable driving distance from atlanta?

I am soooooooo headed to Athens this October/November!! And that Latin club full of white girls that want to dance Salsa must be a place I would kill it!!

Who wants to wing me?

Mixx