rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

La Crosse, WI Datasheet

La Crosse, WI Datasheet

It's time to give back to the community now that I've left my current town. The only other datasheet I wrote was about Oklahoma City a few years ago. http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-10598-...#pid341786

I don't like posting a datasheet unless I've already moved for privacy reasons. Even though most of you guys will never visit La Crosse, I hope to give some information for those who are passing through. It's an awesome college town with 3 colleges and a young demographic. Drinks are cheap and the girls are cheaper. Daniel Tosh names the city as the only place he shit himself.

Logistics
I give logistics an A+. There are multiple hotels located downtown. New ones are going up every year. Downtown is right on the Mississippi and the city is situated between the river and bluffs. Very compact. Anyone visiting will have everything they need within walking distance from a downtown hotel. You are also within walking distance from all the major house parties should you be invited by a cute little slut. Taxi's also cost like three dollars to get across town.

Girls
Girls have the classic Wisconsin/Northern look. Lots of blondes with Germanic features. With all the outdoor activities here, most aren't fat. You are also drawing upon an endless amount of college girls. There is no shortage of cute girls in this town. 90+ percent of the population is white, so expect seeing mostly white people.

Guys
Typical Wisconsin guys live here. They love to get fucked up. Best advantage for a visitor is that most guys will drink themselves out of the competition. I've done so myself countless times. Limited hipster crowd but they stick to their spots.

Bars
There are a shitload of bars in La Crosse. Something like 365 for 50,000-60,000 residents. If you have a niche, there is a bar for it. There is a bar for every stereotype imaginable. There's a goth bar with devil penises painted on the walls(Yesterdays), gay bars (Players, Chances R) (I list them so you avoid them), bars for bros(Brothers, Coco's), you name it. The trick is to find your niche. Many bars have wrist bands for unlimited drinks on random weeknights for 6-8 dollars (State Room, Library, Animal House, etc.). Others are known for having easy girls in them (Coco's, Sawtooth Sams, Brothers, Shooters, etc).

The majority of bars are located downtown on third and fourth street. You can easily get a room at the Radisson or new Grand Stay and walk to any bar downtown. There are cowboy bars (Broncos), 90's bars (Shooters), lounges (Casio), college bars(Animal House, Brothers, Coco's, Library), nautical bars(The Helm), and anything else you can think of. Ask anyone walking down the street what your interest is and they will name a bar for you to go to. It's pretty amazing.

There are also a shit load of awesome restaurants. People don't really eat at chains around here. My favorite was always Stein Haus. The chains are located near the mall in Onalaska (TGI Fridays, Applebees, Olive Garden, etc.). Once in La Crosse, you will find it hard to find chains. The city thrives by having countless amazing restaurants. It's one of the many perks of living here.

Day Game
Pettibone Beach is always filled with hotties. They also have a bar and restaurant right next to the beach called Pettibone Boat Club. Cute girls spend time at both. Riverside Park is loaded with girls who are sitting alone reading a book. It's across the river from the beach. Go to either campus (UWL or Viterbo, Western Tech doesn't have girls) and just walk around. Tons of approach opportunities. I actually used to walk my dog around the college neighborhoods so she would lick girls who were tanning in their front yard. It worked out pretty well for me. There are also tons of runners, bikers, and rollerbladers who go through the marsh trails and around town.

Oktoberfest
The town triples in size. It's impossible to get into a bar. Every rental has a house party with a keg outside. It's a surreal experience for someone who hasn't been in that type of atmosphere. Everyone is your best friend and wants to give you beer. The fest grounds have bands and huge stages. In short, it's a fucking blast.

Conclusion
It's a great place for a "red pill" kid to go for college. Yeah you have to deal with the liberal college bullshit, but I dreamed of moving to La Crosse 3 years before I actually did. The colleges are liberal but most people in general are part of the hardworking blue collar right. It's called the west coast of Wisconsin. It has a laid back west coast vibe but still maintains the hardworking, straightforward attitude of the upper Midwest.

La Crosse, WI Datasheet

I agree with everything in this data sheet. I have been to Lacrosse a few times and its great. The downtown is literally just 3 streets of bars, like a quieter Beale street in Memphis. You can walk everywhere and even strolling around at 2am is totally safe.

In typical Wisconsin fashion, everyone is friendly and you can strike up a conversation with anyone. Oktoberfest is a great time/excuse to go. Its a 2hr drive from minneapolis and a better choice than say...Eau Claire for a Wisconsin weekend out for a minnesotan.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

La Crosse, WI Datasheet

Wisconsin is the saving grace of the Midwest. Cute girls, friendly people, good cheese and cheap beer.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

La Crosse, WI Datasheet

2016 Oktoberfest is 9/29 - 10/2.

Is it worth driving 2 hours for a weekend before Oktoberfest or just wait for Oktoberfest to experience La Crosse in all her delights?