rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The core thread

The core thread

I don't think there is a core only thread, but this is for core stretches, posture corrections, and exercises.

I have an anterior pelvic tilt

[Image: postures2.jpg]

This is very exaggerated but the ass sticks up a bit.

This is the problems that it can cause, which is tight lower back, weak abs, tight hams and tight hip flexors.

[Image: APTcomponents.jpg]

You get this primarily from setting for more than 4 hours a day. Which most of you probably do. Sit-stand desk help but the muscles that are weak need to be strengthen and the strong ones stretched.

What ab rectus exercise is best, that doesn't damage the spinal disks?

Are standing crunches safer?

Is the ab wheel safe for the lower back?

The core thread

I just found the best routine for core strength and it make you burn fat also

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

The core thread

Quote: (07-19-2015 02:40 PM)blck Wrote:  

I just found the best routine for core strength and it make you burn fat also

[Image: laugh2.gif]

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

The core thread

That's probably a good way to build one arm strength and fapping ability.

This is good for the hip flexor, and one of the best stretches I have come across for the muscles. You will need a foam roller. Velma explains here.

This one works nicely too, but not as intense.

I think the victim he is training is a teenage boy though.

The core thread

Seriously I hope that you're not that injured to have to avoid exercices to protect your spinal disks.

Anyway you already know the problems and the causes that generate them so why not working on it.

Quote:Quote:

This is the problems that it can cause, which is tight lower back, weak abs, tight hams and tight hip flexors.

Tight lower back & hamstrings:
http://gmb.io/hamstring-flexibility/

Tight hips:
http://gmb.io/hip-flexibility/

Don't forget to work on the unbalance between the Agonist/Antagonist muscles of you thights (quads/hams), it can be the only problem you really need to solve.

Hope this help

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

The core thread

I'm not that injured. Its probably just the way my hip has always been, but I over trained this summer the area and that didn't help. These are two exercises I'm adding into the rotation which look promising.

This looks like a non balance ball version of an exercise a PT friend recommended me try. Its called a reverse curl, but the ball version which has a different name. You hold the ball between your hams and calfs and grip with the heels. It looks like it doesn't use the hip flexors as much as normal curl, although not sure if it damages the spine over time like a crunch supposedly does.

Vacuuming is the next exercise which can be done anywhere. You blow out and pull in the stomach so it feels like the navel. It works out a layer of muscles underneath the 6 pack. The TA (tits and ass muscle also known as tranverse abdomnius) is the muscle it works. Its function like a corset and pushes everything inwards. The real exercise starts at 3:50 or so. This guy shouts like a lot fitness guys on youtube. Not sure why that is, but Eliot Hulse and the AthleanX guy shout too. I tried this while squatting just for shits, and my squat form felt better. It does help standing for long periods of time at a standing desk, along with glut contractions.

The core thread

Stomach vacuum crew checking in. Even though I look nothing like those guys it has helped my posture.

This is what I've been working on lately:

http://www.dragondoor.com/articles/devel...?fullweb=1

The core thread

They had me do that at crossfit when i tried doing that for awhile several years ago. Cost of crossfit stopped me from continuing though. The box was like 165 a month! My form was probably terrible though and they rushed form at the box. Not sure if I'm flexible enough now to do that. The L shape I can do.

The core thread

The stall bars are a godsend. I had been doing the leg raise progression on captains chair and was doing well, but it is completely different once you get the right equipment. Fuck crossfit. Do the static holds a few times a week and you'll make gainz.

The core thread

Here's a good article General Mayhem shared with me:

http://www.schwarzenegger.com/fitness/po...Midsection

The core thread

Quote: (07-21-2015 10:16 PM)kbell Wrote:  

Cost of crossfit stopped me from continuing though. The box was like 165 a month!

That's something I don't understand really, why the prices of crossfit so high ?
Is that the new elite sport ?
Add some gear and all your monthly income dry like snow in death valley

The core thread

Quote: (07-22-2015 11:54 AM)blck Wrote:  

Quote: (07-21-2015 10:16 PM)kbell Wrote:  

Cost of crossfit stopped me from continuing though. The box was like 165 a month!

That's something I don't understand really, why the prices of crossfit so high ?
Is that the new elite sport ?
Add some gear and all your monthly income dry like snow in death valley
From what I've discerned, crossfit is a sport that gears you to be better at crossfit lifting.

The average person will injure themselves due to poor form and trying to rush through exercises as they do their circuit.

Still, a person doing crossfit > person chit chatting at the gym > couch potatoe

The core thread

Just dropping this here, helped with core stability and lower back pain.

Trains your lower back and hamstrings and glutes.

The core thread

After a heavy leg day, due to super tight hip flexors and quads, I find myself sporting an anterior pelvic tilt, which is accentuated by the fact I was born with an abdominal hernia (my dad had it, so does my daughter).

For appearance, I do vacuum ab exercises a few times a week, but most importantly I've noticed is to stretch the living crap out of the anterior part of my legs, and do some dead lifts to counteract the front, even if not heavy weight. Many guys split up their legs but I've always done everything on one day. Otherwise, the tilt gets worse when I separate legs.

The core thread

What stretches are you doing for the anterior part ingocnito?