rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Going into Making bank in sales.

I've looked for a while on this topic, but I figure someone here has direct experience with this.

I'm not talking about the regular crap sales jobs (low end sales -- for example, selling computers at an apple store), but instead high ticket industry sales (think Oracle software packages, or even airplanes for Boeing and the like).

Has anyone gone into one of these fields and been fairly successful? I would think if you have the energy and drive it would be a great place to make a large amount of money (other than owning your own company).

Depending on where you are, selling commercial real estate can be huge money. If you make contacts with the right people and bust your ass, it's easily a 250k+ gig.

Cars might be a good place to get your feet wet. Shoot for one of the premium brands like BMW or Mercedes. I know they occasionally hire off the street.

Ever done sales before?

Per Ardua Ad Astra | "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum"

Cobra and I did some awesome podcasts with awesome fellow members.

I am going to have an engineering degree. I was thinking more along the lines of highly priced equipment.

Have not done sales in an official matter, no.

I'd suggest you take a job paying 100% commission, or with an organization looking for entry level reps that are good at developing reps. Get your feet wet, and go from there you arent going to get a gig doing high dollar sales initially there are toooo many really seasoned guys out there. Get some experience close some deals and always no matter what go for the large dollar opportunitues, focus on services or products that are emerging, and or already solid in the market place really learn the craft dont get complacent making 100k a year. No matter what you do develop good relationships and maintain those relationships thats the key to sales. Good luck and make it fucking happen

"I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story." Nas

Quote: (06-25-2015 08:23 PM)jake1720 Wrote:  

I am going to have an engineering degree. I was thinking more along the lines of highly priced equipment.

Have not done sales in an official matter, no.

I've got a buddy with an engineering background who's very successful in sales. His company's products are highly technical and he essentially acts as a product consultant/salesman for the customer. If you want to get into sales and have an engineering degree, I would recommend looking into companies that sell highly specialized (and expensive) technical products. This is a lucrative niche in the sales world because most sales professionals don't have a technical background and can't bullshit their way through discussing highly technical product details with engineers and scientists from the customer. Be aware, however, that even in technical sales you will still be relying overwhelmingly on your soft (i.e. social) skills to achieve a high level of success. But if you have the right personality and drive, combined with technical aptitude, you can definitely make a very good living selling high-priced technical products.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

I sell higher level consultants in Finance, project management and Accounting.

Success in this corner of the industry is very different.

I'll post when I have some more time.

Excellent information