rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ex-MLB Player Victim of Murder-Suicide By His Girlfriend

[Image: Monica-Jordan-Darryl-Hamilton-girlfriend...00x300.jpg][Image: Jaxon-Hamilton-Darryl-Hamilton-Monica-Jo...00x300.jpg]

Quote:Quote:

The woman who authorities believe shot and killed former Major League Baseball player and MLB Network analyst Darryl Hamilton, and then herself, at her Pearland home pleaded guilty to arson in 2008 in a case where she believed her then-husband was cheating on her, officials said.

The bodies of Hamilton, 50, and Monica Jordan, 44, were found about 4:45 p.m. Sunday inside the house in the 11500 block of Island Breeze, according to the Pearland Police Department. Police have not released a motive for the shootings.

Police said officers were sent to the home on an emergency call about a disturbance. When they arrived, they found the body of Hamilton near the front entry way. The body of Jordan was found in another part of the home.

Brazoria County District Attorney Jeri Yenne said Jordan – then Monica Jordan Richards – had pleaded guilty to felony arson in 2008 after burning down a Brazoria County house and garage where Jordan had been living with her now ex-husband.

Yenne said records indicated the dispute had begun over allegations of infidelity on her husband's part. Initial reports also indicated Jordan had chased him around the house, trying to throw gasoline on him. He was not injured, Yenne said.

"The circumstances were severe, the circumstances were very severe," Yenne said. "I have spoken to my staff every now and then, when we're talking about an arson, I would talk about this case."

Her ex-husband could not be reached at a number listed under his name.

According to the Brazoria County Appraisal District, the home on Island Breeze was owned by Jordan.

Investigators said it appeared Hamilton had been shot more than once and Jordan died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Police said the couple's 13-month-old boy was also found unharmed in the home. The boy was turned over to the state's Child Protective Services.

Hamilton was born in Baton Rouge, La., and played in college at Nicholls State before being drafted by the Brewers in 1986.

As an MLB player, Hamilton batted .291 with 1,333 hits, 707 runs scored and 454 RBI in his career. Known as a terrific defensive outfielder, Hamilton committed only 14 errors out of 2,770 defensive chances in his career for a .995 fielding percentage.

Hamilton was part of four playoff teams, including the 2000 National League Champion New York Mets. Hamilton spent the first seven seasons of his career with the Milwaukee Brewers (1988-1995) before joining the Texas Rangers (1996), San Francisco Giants (1997-1998), Colorado Rockies (1998-1999) and Mets (1999-2001).

He joined the MLB Network as an analyst in 2013.

"We mourn the passing of our friend and colleague, Darryl Hamilton," the network said on Twitter.

Baseball Commissioner Robert D. Manfred also released a statement Monday, saying:

"All of us at Major League Baseball are shocked and saddened by this tragedy. Darryl followed a successful 13-year career on the field by assembling a multifaceted career in our game, working for MLB Advanced Media and in our Baseball Operations Department before moving on to MLB Network. He was a talented and personable individual, and we were proud to call him a member of the Baseball Family. On behalf of Major League Baseball, I extend my deepest sympathies to Darryl's family and his many friends throughout our game."

Hamilton had lived in Houston for several years and previously worked with KPRC (Channel 2), KFNC (97.5 FM) and KGOW (1560 AM). He also worked for three years in MLB's on-field operations division.

In 2013, Hamilton told the Houston Chronicle's David Barron that broadcasting had been his second choice post-retirement.

"I thought the networks were looking for Hall of Famers on that level, and I wasn't a Hall of Famer," he said. "But they convinced me to think about it. I'm very fortunate to have the opportunity, and doing things on local TV and radio prepared me to do this."

Hamilton avidly tweeted about baseball. In one of his last tweets he posted a photo of himself at a Houston Astros game with his children.

His final tweet was sent 5:29 p.m. Saturday, to congratulate Washington Nationals pitcher Max Scherzer for throwing a no-hitter earlier in the day against the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Sunday, a photo of Hamilton and two of his sons from a previous marriage was posted to his Facebook page.

Along the desolate street sits the beige brick exterior, two-story building where police say the incident occurred. Several similar houses are on either side, most of which are empty at noon Monday.

Neighbors say the street is quiet, with little interaction between neighbors other than a passing greeting.

Christopher Yarde, 40, had been living next door to the house almost nine years. He was here on Sunday afternoon but heard or saw nothing until he saw the police sirens.

He had only interacted with Jordan on a few occasions and seen Hamilton even less. Sometimes kids would be playing outside on the lawn, he said.

Jordan was friendly, he said.

He said he was surprised to hear of the incident in an otherwise "quiet neighborhood."

"Really it's just shock," Yarde said.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/...340824.php

When I heard of this story, I immediately thought this was Steve McNair Part 2. This woman murdered this man on Father's Day, while he had a little kid at home, and now that child and his two other kids are without a father.

My guess would have to be infidelity strikes again -- or at least the suspicion of it.

I'm not a fan of getting involved with divorced women who have children, especially one who's over 40, an attorney, and the list goes on and on. I would put money on Hamilton not knowing about her past. Most guys would look at her accomplishments, and the fact that she was fairly attractive, and push forward, but Hamilton had the resources to do a little bit more vetting to know he was dealing with a crazy bitch -- any woman who tries to pour gas on a man and set him on fire is a crazy bitch. Remember Lisa "Left-Eye" Lopes? After she burned down Andre Rison's crib, she was never linked to any more high-value men, despite her level of fame.

This is a sad story and I'm sure eventually more details will come out that will shed some light onto what exactly drove this woman to take this man's life and destroy the lives of all of their children.

High-value men like Hamilton are going to have to start doing a better job of vetting the woman they choose to get involved in, we're living in different times, and women are coming from all kinds of backgrounds with all kinds of baggage, know what you're dealing with because at the end of the day, you don't really know her.

Quote: (06-23-2015 08:41 PM)jariel Wrote:  

Police have not released a motive for the shootings.

[Image: tumblr_mvxbhxmmYK1s983r8o1_400.gif]

Monday morning qb on this tragedy, but notice the eye asymmetry. Also, arson takes a crazy person for sure, you don't know who's going to die when you set something on fire. It shows total lack of thoughtfulness.

Her ex-husband dodged a bullet....literally.

This is some sad shit.

This is very sad. Hopefully those children have another family member they can be raised by so they aren't stuck under child protective services care because if they are, they won't have a bright future.

Something about athletes attracts crazy women like a bee with honey. There should be a class they are prepped on as they enter and leave professional sports league.

Today's Class is "How to screen out Gold-Digger, Underage and/or Mentally Ill Women"

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwLwtOOv4hlS7y--w0JKS...PouXKmpZyQ]
[Image: tumblr_lm0gfcDSAV1qdlkgg.gif]

Quote:Quote:

High-value men like Hamilton are going to have to start doing a better job of vetting the woman they choose to get involved in, we're living in different times, and women are coming from all kinds of backgrounds with all kinds of baggage, know what you're dealing with because at the end of the day, you don't really know her.

You're completely correct. Also, some Biblical wisdom would have helped out Hamilton tremendously as well. Marrying a divorced woman, unless she is a widow or the husband cheated on her, is a sin. And the wages of sin is death. Things happened way too literally for Hamilton, however, he did not deserve such a fate.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Divorced and still living together? Who does that. He must have been very confident in his abilities to appease that bitch! He struck out.
Edit. I didnt read it right. He must have been visiting to pick up or drop off the kid. Bitch ex probably wanted more money. Makes you wonder what his new bang looks like. Probably really hot!

Him and Paul Molitor, Robin Yout, and Gary Sheffield at County Stadium. Childhood memories... His wife looked hot, such a shame. RIP.

Sad story, to the point it only proves it pays to do background checks on women.

The dead woman was an attorney. A previously divorced female attorney. Nothing should make a man run faster than that.

So sad for the kids, reminds me of Phil Hartman.

So many of these men are corrupted by the church and their families to become white knighting 'upstanding citizens', that they are constantly told to 'man up' and 'do the right thing.' There is a self-imposed stigma around bachelorhood by a lot of men who think they are doing the right thing. Guys like this need to see the benefits of self protection, and the positives of self preservation. Thats its not a lack of generosity, that its exactly the opposite for his closest loved ones. That taking on liabilities like this woman actually leads to destroying the relationships with his pre-existing kids, and doesnt provide them with a fake version of an intact family with the white picket fence.

[Image: the-virtue-of-selfishness.jpg]