rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Expat life

Expat life

http://www.expatexchange.com

Highly recommended site with useful information for those living in another country.
Don't forget to checkout Facebook groups, there are a tonne depending on which city you are in.... Expats living in xyz city, or foreign investors etc etc etc ,,, take your pick....

Depending on where you go,,, experiences will vary. My advice,,, if you have to sign a contract.., do so for max 1 year. A year most people can do and suffering is easier lol than breaking a contract or staying longer.

I have been living as an expat for the last 4 years.... After the initial phase... You get used to it,, find your own rhythm per se.... Meet a new gang, find new hangout spots etc etc etc. I doubt anybody from here would take a job in Mongolia for instance,, but if you knew it was for a short time and when complete it will help you live and work afterwards in a place you want to live, well it's worth a consideration. I lived in Qatar.... I went to the gym more often to kill boredom, went clubbing less and drank Moroccan tea and coffee while having some shisha in a cafe that played Arabic music and European football. i still did things, just different things really. I used to hit bars and clubs 2x per week in Toronto..... Big shock when I got to Qatar. That lifestyle one can continue but it's unlikely. Had I went to Sao Paolo,,,well maybe...

I know a guy who works on an oil rig who is month on and off living in Medellin Colombia... He sacrifices a month away to make cash and then really really enjoy himself for the month here.

If you are sick and tired of the rat race, cold weather and desire a change start reading the forums. You will get ideas of the cost of living and maybe even ideas of what you can do for a living while there.

Those with no university degrees and who speak perfect English, get a tefl, tesol (one of those teach English as a foreign language certificate) if you have absolutely no idea what you wanna do but want to make some money to get by and experience the world,,, check out
eslcafe.com

I see a few guys working in the oil business. Lots of hard work but it's worth it living like a king for your months off in a place you choose.

Happy trails....