rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Learning game in unfamilar land

Hi everyone. I recently turned 19, I am atleast 193cm tall and still a virgin. Every last one of my very few previous girlfriends I gained thanks to an unbelieveable amount of luck (and maybe unknown forces of the universe).

A friend pointed me towards the manosphere about 5 months ago and I have been studying game ever since. 3 months prior to that I had moved to Turkey, specifically Izmir, to study economics on scholarship. There are girls everywhere! I only started making approaches about a month and a half ago. I try making it a point to talk or attempt talking to atleast 3 females everday. So far I have had little success (1 or 2 number closes every 2 weeks or so). Most of the numbers hit dead ends mainly because I fail to follow up well, my text game is weak or the girl has a boyfriend she decided not to mention. The one number that turned out well brought a friend when we met up. I liked her friend much more than I did her and it became really obvious later on. Should I continue with either one of them or leave it all behind?

Mostly I'm held back by some social anxiety, a horrible attention span coupled with a habit if getting lost in thaught a lot and the attention a foreighner talking to a turkish girl draws especially from turkish males. Also I live in a state owned all male dormitory. In the past 8 months I've learnt Turkish to B2 level (current pursuing C1) but I still encounter language barrier issues because exams are easier than real life.

I would appretiate any good advice from you guys on game and/or techniques useful when dealing with Turkish females.

I can't address Turkish women specifically, but there's a number of other things you can work on.

First, your inner game sucks.

Quote: (06-12-2015 09:15 AM)Gazer Wrote:  

Every last one of my very few previous girlfriends I gained thanks to an unbelieveable amount of luck (and maybe unknown forces of the universe).
This is symptomatic of a scarcity mentality. You think it's difficult to get a girlfriend. Instead you should think that girls would be lucky to have you. Inner game cannot be remedied with a quick fix--you need to work on building your self-esteem and your confidence in your own value by improving yourself in various ways.

The one number that turned out well brought a friend when we met up. I liked her friend much more than I did her and it became really obvious later on.
If she brought a friend, you already fucked up. Never let a woman bring a friend to a date. If she does, you tell the friend to get lost or you bail immediately. Once again, tolerating this kind of bullshit is evidence of the weakness of your frame and your scarcity mentality.

I fail to follow up well, my text game is weak
I don't see much of a point in "text game" for girls you approached in person. Just text purely for logistics to set up a meet time and place. Whether the girl meets you or not will depend on the impression you made on her when you first met (and a host of a other facts you can't control). I doubt that most flakes have anything to do with poor text game, unless you're blowing up her phone with love poems.

Also I live in a state owned all male dormitory.
So your logistics are awful. I assume you can't bang a girl there. So you have to rely on pulling the girl to her place (I'm not sure how likely that is), or getting some sort of room or something. Either way it's a terrible situation for getting laid. If you care about banging chicks, you should probably invest in more convenient living arrangements if you can.

Lastly, while I don't know much about Turkey, I think that it's culturally very conservative and probably not a great place to try to pick up local women. Is it possible for you to travel elsewhere?

Hi everyone. I recently turned 19, I am atleast 193cm tall and still a virgin. Every last one of my very few previous girlfriends I gained thanks to an unbelieveable amount of luck (and maybe unknown forces of the universe).

A friend pointed me towards the manosphere about 5 months ago and I have been studying game ever since. 3 months prior to that I had moved to Turkey, specifically Izmir, to study economics on scholarship. There are girls everywhere! I only started making approaches about a month and a half ago. I try making it a point to talk or attempt talking to atleast 3 females everday. So far I have had little success (1 or 2 number closes every 2 weeks or so). Most of the numbers hit dead ends mainly because I fail to follow up well, my text game is weak or the girl has a boyfriend she decided not to mention. The one number that turned out well brought a friend when we met up. I liked her friend much more than I did her and it became really obvious later on. Should I continue with either one of them or leave it all behind?

Mostly I'm held back by some social anxiety, a horrible attention span coupled with a habit if getting lost in thaught a lot and the attention a foreighner talking to a turkish girl draws especially from turkish males. Also I live in a state owned all male dormitory. In the past 8 months I've learnt Turkish to B2 level (current pursuing C1) but I still encounter language barrier issues because exams are easier than real life.

I would appretiate any good advice from you guys on game and/or techniques useful when dealing with Turkish females.

Turkey is the most hostile place to pull I have ever been. It is really brutal.

I think that you can get laid once in the next year if you run solid social circle game.

I do not envy your position.

I would transfer immediately. In fact, if I were in your position I would just get on a bus immediately. Unless I had some pressing need to be in turkey (e.g. crippling visa issues, parole, inheritance) you could not convince me to stay.

The value of an economics degree can and should be debated in another thread.

I cannot give you a more optimistic answer.

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

A friend pointed me towards the manosphere about 5 months ago and I have been studying game ever since. 3 months prior to that I had moved to Turkey, specifically Izmir, to study economics on scholarship.

Congratulations

There are girls everywhere!
Thank god for females. We hate them, but we love them

I only started making approaches about a month and a half ago. I try making it a point to talk or attempt talking to atleast 3 females everday. So far I have had little success (1 or 2 number closes every 2 weeks or so). Most of the numbers hit dead ends mainly because I fail to follow up well, my text game is weak or the girl has a boyfriend she decided not to mention. The one number that turned out well brought a friend when we met up. I liked her friend much more than I did her and it became really obvious later on. Should I continue with either one of them or leave it all behind?

That is okay. We all start somewhere. Keep at it, and you will get better. Be consistently looking for growth. Analyze your approaches, but consistent action is important.

Mostly I'm held back by some social anxiety, a horrible attention span coupled with a habit if getting lost in thaught a lot and the attention a foreighner talking to a turkish girl draws especially from turkish males.

Turn around your train of thought. Stop beating yourself down. For most of us, the worst enemy is within. Next time you find yourself thinking someone is too hot for you, approach. P in V is really all that matters. Everything else is frill and can be learned or earned.

Also I live in a state owned all male dormitory.

You probably want to move out of there. Dont know how it works with the scholarship requirements, but get a side job if you're strapped for cash. Location is very very important.

In the past 8 months I've learnt Turkish to B2 level (current pursuing C1) but I still encounter language barrier issues because exams are easier than real life.
Again, you WILL get better. Where you are right now is not where you will end up.

A word of advice, dont look at this as something you HAVE to do, dont take it too serious. You WILL find someone, you WILL lose your virginity, anything contrary anyone says is not only negative but untrue. Have fun. Meet new people. Be genuinely interested in other people. Try and have diverse experiences. You only live once.

Comments in bold

You're in Izmir which gets a certain number of foreign tourists. You can probably identify them by how they dress and act, how they look, spots they visit. Many (including Germans, Scandinavians) speak better English than you speak Turkish. Try approaching them. You know enough Turkish for an instant date, you know, interesting sightseeing away from the tourist traps.

Tourists aren't there long, and your game isn't up to one-night stands, but your goal right now should be to get experience approaching, and tourists can provide that.

Plus female tourists are much moreopento meeting men abroad than at home.

I've taken in some of the things you guys have said especially about my inner game, that one really stood out. I'm starting the roosh program. Now I'm talking to girls indescriminantly. The fear of rejection still lingers though. I'll kill soon enough. I can't afford a gym subscription but I still have the option of a street workout (pullups,pushups,dips, running etc).

Mammal thanks for suggesting tourist, I had completely forgotten about them. I don't take enough time to go out.