rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What is the best city in the world to learn Game?

Much of the forum seems to focus on where to go in the world once you have a good mastery of Game. For many of us, myself included, we are still trying to get a handle on it (at best, I would say mine is intermediate). What city is the best to live in to learn Game?

Right now, I live in DC. Is it a good place to be because it is tough or bad because of that?

Train hard. Fight easy.

If DC is indeed tough then it's a good place for starting out. As I've learned from being a globetrotter however, the home field is usually the toughest because you've got so much baggage.

I second that.I live in São Paulo Brazil and I can say that many 7+ girls here have an attitude that probably can be compared to the Miami scene.I bet some foreigners with game will have a completely different experience here.

DC is probably the Vietnam/Iraq of PUA/Game, if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

In terms of sheer numbers, variety, gaming locations, turnover, night game and day game opportunities etc.. London and Barcelona are both good choices.

Quote: (05-30-2011 09:55 AM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

I second that.I live in São Paulo Brazil and I can say that many 7+ girls here have an attitude that probably can be compared to the Miami scene.I bet some foreigners with game will have a completely different experience here.

DC is probably the Vietnam/Iraq of PUA/Game, if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.

DC is the equivalent of PUA Afghanistan (many have invaded but few have conquered). If you can game in DC then all the other large American cities will be quite easy and once you hit places like EE it'll be a pure cakewalk!

Quote: (05-30-2011 09:19 AM)beta_plus Wrote:  

Much of the forum seems to focus on where to go in the world once you have a good mastery of Game. For many of us, myself included, we are still trying to get a handle on it (at best, I would say mine is intermediate). What city is the best to live in to learn Game?

Find a city that matches your skill level. If you have weak game, go to Lima Peru and take baby steps there. If you are mid-level, go to an average city. If you are master and you want to get better, go to India. Ha!

Everyone talks about DC being hard, but I gotta tell you guys; it was the easiest place in America for me to land ass.

I was there for 3 nights and got my Russian flag, banged a Mexican chic and got a BJ from a white girl.

ALL OF THIS IN 3 NIGHTS!!!

In Sao paolo, I could not close any women, and I was there for 2 months!!

I'm a firm believer that your Race determines your success rate. All you blond, white, tall players will kill Brazil, while blacks will kill in Sweden, Austria, Latinos kill in metro cities of NA, and small college towns.

Mixx

Quote: (06-16-2011 07:09 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Everyone talks about DC being hard, but I gotta tell you guys; it was the easiest place in America for me to land ass.

I was there for 3 nights and got my Russian flag, banged a Mexican chic and got a BJ from a white girl.

Mixx, to bang 3 new girls in 3 nights on a short trip to a new town, I think it takes more than just game and logistics. You must have a good radar for determining who are the easy lays. You should do a post about that. How you scan a room and weed out potential lays from time wasters. And at what point you cut your loss with a girl and move on to a new prospect.

I would say that a good place to learn game is a largish city with lots of visitors. A vibrant nightlife is desired as well as a good location to do some street/day game.

A college nearby or in town would also keep the town younger.

Basically, a city where beautiful women want to visit and party and has excellent venues and locations to work on all types of game: direct, indirect, day, street, night, couchraping etc.

This is what I've been thinking about recently. I'm starting from the bottom, no game. Yet, my life situation at the moment basically allows me to live anywhere in the world with reliable internet connectivity. I'm kind of seduced by the idea of going abroad, particularly Latin America. Hardly ever been outside the states.

Would I be better off cutting my teeth in a U.S. city for a year or so before going abroad?

What do you do for a living Rah?

I live in Toronto which has a bad rap on this forum.

It may be true that Toronto is tough, but it has made me pretty tough. I was in East Lansing, Michigan for a weekend and opened a few girls. All of them stopped and chatted for 5 minutes. I met a group of two where one girl swiped my phone from the other girls hand when she was putting in the number! But then the same girl invited me and my buddy to a college party. I also got two numbers.
In comparison, that the number of sets it'd take for me to get warmed up in Toronto. One in every 2(in a good day) or 3(average day) will hook for a 1-2 min convo, and maybe 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 will result in a 4 or 5 minute convo.

However, I'm pretty sure Miami Beach or LA is far tougher. Toronto seems like the toughest city in Canada but girls are still willing to chat. Keep in mind that I'm 17 and 60-80 percent of the girls I stop are in their 20s. I'm also pretty inexperienced and average height and fairly average looks.
I'm sure guys like G or Mixx would kill it here, just because most guys are beta.

Yeah there is something to be said for learning under tough circumstances like the D.C. scene sounds like, but I wonder how many guys get down trodden and don't excel to that next level of game, like Roosh, VK, or GMac have. Most guys that are just getting into game would probably fair better and make quicker improvements in a more hospitable environment.

As far as the OP's question, I think game varies from different parts of the world, so it's best to think where you are going to be living and what you want your game tailored to. Also, language is always a factor, someone could make the argument that Rio de Janeiro or Tokyo are the best to learn game, but if you can't speak the local language, it's going to really hurt your chances for success and development.

Based on what I know here in N. America the best choices might be:

Montreal, (main language is French, but everyone speaks English, hot women, good nightlife, friendly vibe)

Austin (Despite nay-sayers on Roosh's "busted dude" post, the city has shit tons of hot chicks, good nightlife, UT college girls, tourists, festivals)

Chicago (Hot women, I've seen it w/ my own eyes, supposedly lower bitch shields, good scene on lake in summer, daygame)

Las Vegas (Never been there, but it's sin city, everyone is fucking, lot's of clubs, party spot, lot's of tourists, high turnover)

Charleston, SC (Again never been there, but hear reports of good female > male ratio, hot women, downtown bar scene, beaches during summer)

Tampa Bay (hot sweaty, kind of trashy?, lot's of hot women, supposedly really slutty, many whores....?)

San Diego (SoCal can be tough, full of fake people, superficial bullshit, etc., but lot's of hot women, good weather, day game, beach game)

NYC (No explanation needed, but you better have some serious bankroll, or you prob ain't going to cut it)

Quote: (06-16-2011 07:24 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Mixx, to bang 3 new girls in 3 nights on a short trip to a new town, I think it takes more than just game and logistics.

I once banged 3 girls in 3 days on a 4th of July trip to Dewey Beach, DE and Ocean City, MD. However, one of the girls I knew from before so it was not all from cold approaching.
Respect to Mixx if he did that in DC, though!

Quote: (06-16-2011 06:29 PM)The Duke Wrote:  

Find a city that matches your skill level. If you have weak game, go to Lima Peru and take baby steps there. If you are mid-level, go to an average city. If you are master and you want to get better, go to India. Ha!

Yes, I wholly agree with Duke. If you are a master and want to transcend to the highest level possible (possibly where no player has gone before), India is the only country which comes to mind.

If you can game and bang hot chicks in India, you have reached the acme of your gaming career and can now safely retire and write a book about it.

Notwithstanding the fact of course that gaming in India is akin to what the Japanese kamikaze pilots must have felt like.

I would say London purely for the fact that it is the most cosmopolitan city in the world.

Just avoid the English girls.

I'm a firm believer that your Race determines your success rate. All you blond, white, tall players will kill Brazil, while blacks will kill in Sweden, Austria, Latinos kill in metro cities of NA, and small college towns.

Mixx

I think you could definitely run into DC and kill it on a short trip.

It is called "Visiting Team Advantage".

You roll in, fired up, with tons of energy and the comp doesn't know what hit them.

I have done it before in DC. Short trips are key. I think one of the main problems with DC for the local DC guys is the place breaks them down, the terrible attitudes, terrible weather, negativity everywhere, and generally sub par girls.

It is hard to "jump start" from that base.

But a guy fresh in town for a three dayer in May can do damage.

New York City. Endless day game. Good night life 7 nights a week. Any scene you are into. Girls are somewhat easy.

While I do agree that DC prepares you for other cities, I think some of that success in other cities is due to a DC-native maybe going the "extra mile" on an out-of-town chick because they seem to appreciate it more than DC chicks. On top of that, outside of cities like say London or Oslo (where folks make good money and/or live good), the average DC dude makes good money so that will be a plus in many cities.

I'd say NYC, Chicago, or Toronto.

NYC - you get many kinds of girls, native NYCers, out of towners, foreigners, girls across the financial spectrum. Good day game as well.

Chicago - Similar to the above. Lived here 2 years, game improved a lot. Also, Chicago is the nerve center of the Big 10, so you can work you social circle game better than in an NYC which is more lone wolf mercenary like. Good day game during summer.

Toronto - similar to the above. Many kinds of girls, great variety. I've seen some solid players from this area.

I don't think a city being "hard" is enough to qualify it as a good training ground. Its got to be about the various situations your put in, variety of people you have to deal w/ etc. NYC offers the most. Chicago and Toronto are pretty respectable in this regard.

LA sucks

ALL OF THIS IN 3 NIGHTS!!

Damn! That's a beast. You must have good instincts.

Quote: (06-17-2011 04:51 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I think you could definitely run into DC and kill it on a short trip.

It is called "Visiting Team Advantage".

You roll in, fired up, with tons of energy and the comp doesn't know what hit them.

I have done it before in DC. Short trips are key. I think one of the main problems with DC for the local DC guys is the place breaks them down, the terrible attitudes, terrible weather, negativity everywhere, and generally sub par girls.

It is hard to "jump start" from that base.

But a guy fresh in town for a three dayer in May can do damage.

I agree. It wears you down after awhile. I don't think it's a coincidence that so many bloggers learned game here. It's a good training ground but it's not a healthy environment. The constant rejection,flakes and sub par women takes its toll. As roosh said in a recent blog "Game doesn’t help a whole lot if there is a surplus of dudes and a shortage of beautiful girls.".

Quote: (06-16-2011 08:22 PM)raliv Wrote:  

What do you do for a living Rah?

Online marketing / web development services

Quote: (06-16-2011 06:29 PM)The Duke Wrote:  

If you have weak game, go to Lima Peru and take baby steps there.

I agree with the recommendation of Lima, Peru.

After working my ass off to get sorority girls in a smaller Midwestern college town I came to Lima and found that life is much better somewhere where women actually want to be with you and aren't looking for any reason to disqualify you. I am sure that my previous efforts in the States had a lot to do with my success here in Lima, but now my work here makes things much easier when I go to other spots.

Some benefits of Lima:

Unlike in the US where for the most part nobody walks or takes public transportation, here 95% or so of the people ride buses or walk. Lots of opportunities to meet women in public, they don't have bitch shields up, and if you smile and are polite when you say 'hi' it is easy to start up a conversation. You don't need openers or routines - my #1 opener is "Hola! Como estas?"

Women are very forward with displaying interest. I was back in the US not too long ago and it was much more difficult to discern when a woman was checking me out. Here I have actually had girls stumble on the sidewalk as they were staring into my eyes.

None of that being a pervert if you are with a woman much younger than you. In the past several months I have been with women up to 25 years younger than me and nobody blinks an eye. My current girls are 10 and 19 years younger, and my novia (and probably future mother of my kids) is 23 years younger. All of my friends in their 50s and 60s have wives or girlfriends in their 20s or 30s, plus another couple on the side for variety.

Women here love sex and don't make a guy jump through hoops to get it. If you are into freakier sex all you need to do is let her know what you want. Chances are she is up for just about anything.

My buddies turned me on to Lima and Peru and it has turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to my love life, and my life in general. I am happy to give back what I have been given, so anyone who has any questions feel free to send me a PM and I will try to help make your visit to Lima the best possible.

I think the best city to learn game would be the most difficult city, i.e. if you can make it here u can make it anywhere. Places where everyone around you has decent game and aren't afraid to approach, so girls are hit on constantly. Urban east coast cities (new york,philly,D.C.) fit this bill. If you can hang in the big leagues, anything else will be a piece of cake.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Quote:Quote:

I'm surprised as Sao Paulo was one of my most successful cities, I did better there than almost anywhere else in the world. It's one of the reasons why I consider SP to be one of my fave cities.