rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best Place for Skinny Dudes?

Hey

I am a pretty skinny, sorta artsy-looking dude. I am 5'11".

I dont have a lot of muscle, but I am lean

For most of my life, I never felt weird about it. In HS I was always cool and never really cared about it. But now, as I am older, I am starting to feel weird about my body.

And recently, I do see a lot of babes with super tall beefed up bros and stuff.

And up until a year ago I never even noticed this or was bothered by it.

No disrespect to anyone who is all big and ripped up. Congrats to you.

But, I feel here in Minneapolis I feel its what chicks are into.

Maybe I am cockblocking myself by getting this negative, possibly irrational mindset.

And I realize that chicks probably do dig that shit.

But, maybe its less than men think they do.

I mean, many of the greatest pickup artist are short, or fat, etc.

But, I still have a bit of a hangup and I am wondering if its a Minneapolis thing..

Or if in certain countries or cities there is less of a value to this.

I am working out pretty hard lately, but I will never be huge. I am small boned and I just need to accept it I guess.

The Naughty Nomad forum.

The gym.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Costco buying meat, eggs, milk, fruit and vegetables. Also at costco tupperware containers

The kitchen preparing said meals and portioning them into tupperware containers and placing them into the freezer.

The gym because you have a workout plan after you purchased starting strength.

Your home because you're eating 6 meals a day to put on the bulk you need to a better version of yourself.

These are all places you need to be if you're a skinny guy.
Don't say it can't be done. When i finished high school i was 6'3 at 127lbs and now after many years i'm 6'3 at 222lbs.
All natural. No drugs or funny supplements in the legal grey area.

Don't expect extraordinary results unless you put in extraordinary effort.

Quote: (06-07-2015 07:46 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

The Naughty Nomad forum.

What exactly is that? A travelers pick up thing?

Do you like being skinny? I do. I like being lean and I have no plans of bulking up. Plus I'm 5'7 and it's very hard to bulk up without looking stocky (aka fat). Lean works for me.

I've never heard of guys missing lays for being too lean. Too fat maybe. Too short maybe. Not white maybe. But then again we've seen guys overcome those situations as well.

Skinny guys get pussy all the time. It's about how you own your body type that counts. Do you dress trendy? There are things skinny guys look good in that other dudes don't. Most fashionable clothes are still geared towards skinny people. You can have a style other people can't, and that can be said for all body types. Own whatever you have and work within it. And be confident about it. You won't have a problem.

Quote: (06-07-2015 08:09 PM)LucidDayDream Wrote:  

The Naughty Nomad forum.

It's a travel and dating forum similar to, but not nearly as good, as this forum. It features such banned RVF legends as Dash Global, deb auchery, and bigbootyluvr.

We should probably define how skinny someone is.

If you look frail, you should work out.

If you are just slim, it can be worked with.

If you're short, you really should get some muscle going. Tall and skinny isn't as bad as short and skinny.

Muscles are like tits for men. Yeah if you have small tits you can still get play, but no one ever turned down a bitch cause sea got nice shapely big tits. It can't hurt.

The testosterone boost is nice too. Just do it, even a little.

Quote: (06-07-2015 08:17 PM)Mister X Wrote:  

Do you like being skinny? I do. I like being lean and I have no plans of bulking up. Plus I'm 5'7 and it's very hard to bulk up without looking stocky (aka fat). Lean works for me.

I've never heard of guys missing lays for being too lean. Too fat maybe. Too short maybe. Not white maybe. But then again we've seen guys overcome those situations as well.

Skinny guys get pussy all the time. It's about how you own your body type that counts. Do you dress trendy? There are things skinny guys look good in that other dudes don't. Most fashionable clothes are still geared towards skinny people. You can have a style other people can't, and that can be said for all body types. Own whatever you have and work within it. And be confident about it. You won't have a problem.

Yeah I get laid a lot. And yes I dress well.

Women are attracted to me.

I just feel with more muscles I would be more masculine or something.

I honestly feel the bulky men have more confidence because men are visual creatures, and therefore they THINK women love their bodies. And likely women do prefer that over total skinny. But I think its less of a bump than most men think.

Quote: (06-07-2015 08:22 PM)Jetlagged Wrote:  

We should probably define how skinny someone is.

If you look frail, you should work out.

If you are just slim, it can be worked with.

If you're short, you really should get some muscle going. Tall and skinny isn't as bad as short and skinny.

Muscles are like tits for men. Yeah if you have small tits you can still get play, but no one ever turned down a bitch cause sea got nice shapely big tits. It can't hurt.

The testosterone boost is nice too. Just do it, even a little.

Yeah I agree with that.

Deb has been banned from there too. LOL!

Quote: (06-07-2015 08:18 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Quote: (06-07-2015 08:09 PM)LucidDayDream Wrote:  

The Naughty Nomad forum.

It's a travel and dating forum similar to, but not nearly as good, as this forum. It features such banned RVF legends as Dash Global, deb auchery, and bigbootyluvr.

"Christian love bears evil, but it does not tolerate it. It does penance for the sins of others, but it is not broadminded about sin. Real love involves real hatred: whoever has lost the power of moral indignation and the urge to drive the sellers from temples has also lost a living, fervent love of Truth."

- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Quote: (06-07-2015 08:24 PM)LucidDayDream Wrote:  

I honestly feel the bulky men have more confidence because men are visual creatures, and therefore they THINK women love their bodies. And likely women do prefer that over total skinny. But I think its less of a bump than most men think.

Masculinity is defined by character, not by size, not by looks.

Sometimes you need to step outside the manosphere and actually give a listen to what women are saying. There is a certain point of diminishing returns with muscle building. Actually, there's a thread in this very forum about it. Consensus from women, in my experience, seems to be - after a certain point, they just automatically assume (wrongly, but still) that bulked up dudes are douchebags who care more about their own looks than their woman's. They also spend too much time in the gym working out and not enough time doing more fulfilling, enriching things.

I would say if you want to be sort of a "catch all" guy and not a niche guy - lean is the best way to go. Someone with some visible muscle definition, but not overly so. If you start going super skinny or start bulking up, you're gonna become niche. I like being lean because no girl has ruled me out for body type. I've never been "too skinny" for a girl, "too fat", "too muscular" - my body is neutral. I want to keep it that way. If you feel you're niche, get yourself from "skinny" to "lean and toned." But not "skinny" to "bulked up."

Let's not turn this into the muscles vs. Game thread, Guys.

If every guy on this forum added 10 pounds of muscle it would only help their game Within reason.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Quote: (06-07-2015 08:24 PM)LucidDayDream Wrote:  

[Image: troll.gif]

dance class

2 choices for OP: Reframe your thinking about girls seeming to like Buff dude or Get Big! Done! I'm sure you've got more important things to focus on my friend!

You're already getting laid, so that's just a little detail to take care of. A little detail that will require some hard work, but a little detail nonetheless

I believe "bulked up" is over player term.

I feel like the image everyone brings up in their heads when we say go to the gym and get big, visions of Ronnie Coleman and Phil health dance in their head. Go to the gym and look around.

Nobody looks like that. Even the amatuer bodybuilders I know don't look like that.

Think more fitness model, underwear model. This is what guys can achieve realistically in a few years of training natty or even not natty, and this is your ideal look.

It will never cause you to lose pussy. You will lose a very small %, and gain more than you lose.

It will fill out your face, give you a more masculine look, and women will feel safer with you. Never underestimate a bitch feeling safe, that shit turns them on.

In terms of just looks and aesthics, a well built fitness model wit a minimum 4 packs and decent size will attract a higher percentage of women when compared with a smaller average sized dude.

Women will like Troy brad Pitt more than fight club brad Pitt if out side by side.

Two women, one skinny with ok tits and ass, and skinny with great tits and ass. Who will win the higher percentage of male votes? You alread know.

You owe it to yourself to make your self as highly attractive as possible within your means. I'm not a great looking guy but I try to maximize by working out and it has gotten me very noticeable results, because I was frail and short before.

This is a good reason why, aside from great frame an game, guys like fisto and Linux do very well. Tall and buff. Always a good combination.

I'll admit there is a limit to how much pussy you can pull by size alone. At my heaviest i was 240lbs and i wasn't getting anymore girls than i was at 225lbs.
In fact i got starred down by more guys trying to challenge me in stupid situations.

I think the word "lean" is thrown around too much.
@ 5'11 if you're under 150lbs you're skinny, unless you live in the gym and compete at a sport that requires you to be at that weight.
Once you get into 160-170 that's when the word "Lean" should apply.

I'm hearing "lean" used alot by guys who are just skinny with no muscle to speak of. Kinda like how fat girls say they're curvy or thick when in reality they're just co-opting a positive connotation to compensate for their negative body image.

Quote: (06-07-2015 09:12 PM)kinjutsu Wrote:  

I'll admit there is a limit to how much pussy you can pull by size alone. At my heaviest i was 240lbs and i wasn't getting anymore girls than i was at 225lbs.
In fact i got starred down by more guys trying to challenge me in stupid situations.

@ 5'11 if you're under 150lbs you're skinny, unless you live in the gym and compete at a sport that requires you to be at that weight.

I'm hearing "lean" used alot by guys who are just skinny with no muscle to speak of. Kinda like how fat girls say they're curvy or thick when in reality they're just co-opting a positive connotation to compensate for their negative body image.

Agreed. I feel like a lot if these guys don't want to put in work when I hear that.
The shit ain't easy. We need to attach a weight height and rough bf % to really get an idea of somones build

Not calling anyone out, I am speaking generally. Also, if you're under 6 5 and 245, that could considered as too big. 225 is fucking big as it is, assuming you have a low BF %.

THanks for everyones posts

Yeah I weigh 150 and I am 5'11"

So I am not lean then. [Image: smile.gif] I am skinny.

I'd love to gain about 10-15 lbs. But mostly for confidence.

So I am gonna work on it.

Thanks

Quote: (06-07-2015 09:41 PM)LucidDayDream Wrote:  

THanks for everyones posts

Yeah I weigh 150 and I am 5'11"

So I am not lean then. [Image: smile.gif] I am skinny.

I'd love to gain about 10-15 lbs. But mostly for confidence.

So I am gonna work on it.

Thanks

Nice! Nothing to be ashamed of. It will only help.

Best advice: eat more sleep more. It will eat into your life but it's worth it. Don't go more than 3 times a week at first, no more than 4 once you get past newbie stage.
This will prevent you from investing too much.

Prioritize! If you skip a scheduled gym day it netter be worth it. Consistency is key most important thing.

Prepare yourself mentally that 10-15 lbs of muscle is a 1-2 year journey. The time will pass either way.

At 5 11, 180 should be your goal with low bf%. Maximize that height! I'm 5 7 160 with 15% bf, for comparison.

Asia- Japan. You won't see many really jacked up guys over there. Girls like skinny guys over there (well more "fit" than skinny). Go to Asia and you won't have to worry about being scrawny.

Not true at all Travolta. They get turned on by muscles just like every other girl, and repelled by skinnyness too.

Quote: (06-07-2015 10:47 PM)travolta Wrote:  

Asia- Japan. You won't see many really jacked up guys over there. Girls like skinny guys over there (well more "fit" than skinny). Go to Asia and you won't have to worry about being scrawny.

This.

Asia is the best place for skinny dudes.

Obviously you should work out to raise your T, be healthy and get toned no matter what your natural body shape is but the extreme pursuit of a body builder physique is mostly an anglo thing.

It's sad that higher obesity weight in a country's women is a strong predictor of how common dudes there feel they MUST get "jacked" to compete for the remaining scraps that are left.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Quote: (06-07-2015 09:35 PM)Jetlagged Wrote:  

Quote: (06-07-2015 09:12 PM)kinjutsu Wrote:  

Agreed. I feel like a lot if these guys don't want to put in work when I hear that.
The shit ain't easy. We need to attach a weight height and rough bf % to really get an idea of somones build

Not calling anyone out, I am speaking generally. Also, if you're under 6 5 and 245, that could considered as too big. 225 is fucking big as it is, assuming you have a low BF %.

I don't have use of a machine to accurately measure my bf% but I'd say I'm around 9-12% most of the time.
If i drop down to a lower bf it's usually because i skipped a meal or got super busy. My metabolic rate is high so i understand the idea of committing to eating more to gain weight i.e bulking.
I have highly visible abs without a shirt on.

Yeah i like my size at 225.
Girls come up and grab my biceps frequently much to the dismay of my LTR. I love it.
There are no downsides to getting bigger for men.

Nevermind asian girls...jp and korean girls have always loved it the size.