rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

///////

///////

///////

This topic has come up before. Don't overthink it.

"Thanks" said casually, is all you need. Start/continue conversation from there.

Why would you feel like an idiot for being grateful for a compliment?

///////

Just say "Thank you, but in reality I am a little prettier than a monkey" [Image: wink.gif]

///////

Quote: (06-06-2015 08:52 AM)JamesRodri Wrote:  

What's the best way to respond? Here's some examples not to follow:

New York: I was standing at the bar chatting with the bartender and a girl standing behind me made me turn around and said, "I love your body". Caught off guard I likely said something idiotic like 'Thanks' and immediately felt like and idiot.

She was really interested though and my dumb comment didn't drive her away. An hour later she wanted to go and do Coke in some park as she said her husband was a bore. I proved that so was I when I declined. What bothers me most is not that I turned down what was surely to end up with sex, but my initial response to her opener.

Your mistake wasn't the response to the opener, it was not going with her an hour later. Obviously you were still on her mind for a good part of that hour or she wouldn't have approached you again. You gotta learn to read the signals.

Quote:Quote:

Bucharest: Two weeks ago an Israeli girl comes up and says "I like your face" just as I entered a club. She was likely a gold digger as I was wearing a suit and no one ever says that when I wear a t-shirt but still, I mumbled "Where are you from" or something like that and it died soon after. She wasn't hot or anything, maybe a 6, but still I'd love to have a witty comeback or something interesting to say. Small talk is not my forte.

This is not a one off sadly. Thinking back, pretty much everyone time some girl has approached me with a compliment, be it accent or style of dress, I've managed to kill their excitement by not responding with a cool comment.

Anyone figured out the proper way to handle this luxury problem?

Not a luxury problem.

Compliments from women are rare for the regular guy. Women are generally pretty passive so when a woman compliments you, that is your IN. A simple thank you followed by a show of interest in her... i.e. where she's from, what she does, etc. is usually all you need. Small talk. Once a girl is interested in you it's all about fuck-up avoidance, logistics, and a little bit of luck.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

///////

///////

Could have just said thanks yours ain't bad either looking up and down. Only would apply to compliments on body/body parts/ maybe hair

///////

"Yeah i get that a lot ....my mom says I'm handsome".

Team Nachos

///////

Quote: (06-06-2015 11:00 AM)JamesRodri Wrote:  

Quote: (06-06-2015 08:56 AM)Nascimento Wrote:  

This topic has come up before. Don't overthink it.

"Thanks" said casually, is all you need. Start/continue conversation from there.

Why would you feel like an idiot for being grateful for a compliment?

Because when I say thanks, the conversation usually dies right afterwards. Maybe the NYC example was bad as it's one of the few times it could've gone somewhere.

My point is, it's like they expect me to come up with some awesome topic of conversation after they opened. But I always feel dumbstruck and lost for ideas.

When I say thanks or some other stupid one liner they visibly look different. Maybe the trick is just to act like that happens all the time, although it doesn't.

I like Rocha's idea. Just come up with a joke that shows you don't take yourself to seriously.

I wasn't aware the topic has been discussed before. I'l see if I can find that thread

Who is expecting some awesome topic? You are way overthinking this. Follow the advice here, including mine. Game 101 is being able to think and talk on your feet. That means small talk, asking questions, and going with the flow. If you can't handle the basics, you need to get out there and talk to people 24/7 until you do.

And don't respond with a compliment of your own unless you're super good looking. She hasn't earned that and it won't do you any favors.

///////

I usually go with "I know". Or with the specific phrasing of the two example compliments you received, something like "obviously" or "I'm not surprised".

///////

Thanks is lame and thoughtless.

Saying "Thanks I wore it especially for you" with a shit eating grin and laser eye contact gets them giggly

Or "thanks you have grrreat taste"

or "thanks. great minds think alike." with a high five then transition to spinning her around

///////

You ain't gotta overthink it. You can just say thanks, but if you say thanks all sheepishly like your embarrassed by her compliment and turn away from her then you're gonna fail.

It's about how you say it more than it is what you say. It's all vibes and it's all congruence.

If you are just yeah like 'Thanks' with the vibe that you get it all the time and then just roll into 'So what's your name/what are you doing here etc' whatever kind of conversational opener you prefer.

The key is that she is opening you but dishing out the compliment, so take that and run with it. Don't expect to say thank you and have her continue to lead.

Accept the compliment as if you're a top of the food chain smooth as fuck player and then just flow straight into a conversational opener and go from there.

Game is fluid, game is congruence. Don't analyse every single detail just live in that moment, make it instinctual. It's sounds easier said than done but it really ain't, it's all mindset.

To paraphrase BlurredSevens 'Create your own world, rules etc'.

///////

Personally I don't think the girl is going to be turned off just because you tell her thanks. It won't spike the attraction much, but it won't completely kill it either.

If you want a witty comeback:

Response to I like your body: "I'm liking you more and more already"

Response to I like your face: "Thanks, my mom made it"

///////

When a women is into you - giving you compliments is kind of a signal for that - well then I personal noticed she accept a far way more nonsense you talk. Kind of a free pass in some way.
But at the end you have to pull the trigger...

///////

There's absolutely nothing wrong with saying thanks or thank you. Jesus guys. Be cool and play it off like you hear that all the time (whether you do or not... this is what girls do and it works for men too). Then make it all about her. You have pre-selection in your favor when a woman opens you. She already thinks you are attractive and thought about talking to you... that doesn't happen to every guy. So yes, say thank you, then turn the "frame" of the conversation to your favor. Find out more about her, then ask her if she wants to get out of there. Layups.

///////

I feel like calling them a bitch, I would say to them, why are you complimenting me? isn't that the mans role?

///////

Here in Texas, I find it best to say thank you, completing the southern gentleman narrative. I like to wear Mizzen and Main dress shirts because it is 100deg for 6 months a year. As soon as a girl touches the fabric, I always get, "I love your shirt." However, if she is not a warthog and you are on the hunt, it will die without a connector. I usually respond by saying, "Thanks, are you always this friendly with strangers?" Eye contact and semi smile goes with the response.

If they keep coming back for more, I continue giving them shit. "You're cool to talk to, but can you keep your scruffy paws off my dress shirt for a second?" The reaction usually tells me if its on or not.

When I am not interested, I always simply say thank you and carry on.

///////

You must be one handsome devil.
Thanks is fine. She opened you. You just need to close the deal.
You do realize how lucky you are? This does not happen to 90% of men.