rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Leaving game material on display: a bad idea?

I´ve been tidying up my room recently and I got to sorting out my books and shelves. Previously, I'd hide away my copy of Bang and other books /printouts of the genre, but I am seriously considering putting that material along in my shelves with my other books.

Is it a bad idea to leave game material on display? Would it hurt my late game / would it make me look like a creep? I think it goes on nicely along with other books I've been reading that complement the theme, such as The Way of the Superior Man by David Deida, Seduction by Robert Greene and Fire In The Belly by Sam Keen.

If I stick with a confident / couldn't care less about what you think attitude when bringing girls over, I think it wouldn't be a big deal leaving this material around.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Thoughts?

Should I "worry" about "getting caught" haha?

I've had girls make comments about the fact that I had Mystery Method and I told them a family member got it for me. No big deal if you ask me. I'd be more worried about them finding your secret blog.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

I've been thinking about this myself. I was just about to buy a copy of Bang when I began thinking of places to hide it.

I say you should stash the pick-up stuff. Someone looking at your materials is going to make emotional judgments about them. Some people might look at that material and assume you're simply trying to improve your skills with women, most will probably look at you as a man who is looking to use people.

Consider the paranoid and feminized culture that we have today. Try to imagine what a drunk and/or emotional girl might feel if they see that on your shelf. I'd bet it wouldn't improve your odds. You might feel like a pussy trying to hide stuff like that but you gotta put your goal before your pride.

You have nothing to gain and something to lose if you leave that stuff hanging around. The choice is pretty clear.

Quote: (05-29-2011 01:12 PM)CupCake Wrote:  

I've been thinking about this myself. I was just about to buy a copy of Bang when I began thinking of places to hide it.

I say you should stash the pick-up stuff. Someone looking at your materials is going to make emotional judgments about them. Some people might look at that material and assume you're simply trying to improve your skills with women, most will probably look at you as a man who is looking to use people.

Consider the paranoid and feminized culture that we have today. Try to imagine what a drunk and/or emotional girl might feel if they see that on your shelf. I'd bet it wouldn't improve your odds. You might feel like a pussy trying to hide stuff like that but you gotta put your goal before your pride.

You have nothing to gain and something to lose if you leave that stuff hanging around. The choice is pretty clear.

Agreed. Some girls have an emotional, knee-jerk reaction to that stuff. And the less stuff you have to "explain," the better. That goes for anything potentially controversial that pulls you out of the moment / the march toward the bedroom.

Quote: (05-29-2011 12:12 PM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

I´ve been tidying up my room recently and I got to sorting out my books and shelves. Previously, I'd hide away my copy of Bang and other books /printouts of the genre, but I am seriously considering putting that material along in my shelves with my other books.

Is it a bad idea to leave game material on display? Would it hurt my late game / would it make me look like a creep? I think it goes on nicely along with other books I've been reading that complement the theme, such as The Way of the Superior Man by David Deida, Seduction by Robert Greene and Fire In The Belly by Sam Keen.

If I stick with a confident / couldn't care less about what you think attitude when bringing girls over, I think it wouldn't be a big deal leaving this material around.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Thoughts?

Should I "worry" about "getting caught" haha?

The three books you mentioned are fine. But as for something like The Game, I only see a downside and no upside. The rare "cool" chick would be curious and inquisitive, emphasis on the rare. The stuck up sorority types, would think "eww, creepy, former 25 year old virgin" the feminists "probable date rapist," the prudes "player," the hippie chicks "manipulative taker" etc.

Talking to a girl about attraction can be fun, and you don't need a prop to get it going.

Why make it harder than it has to be?

Stash it.

It will increase her guard against your advances. She'll start thinking about if she's being "tricked" or not.