rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Importance Of Being "Cool" When It Comes To Getting Girls

Let's face it, a big part of doing well with women is simply being a "cool" guy. Although people have different ideas of what is cool and what isn't, there are certain personality traits that are universally accepted as cool.

Denny D does a pretty good job of breaking down what being cool is all about.

Why don't you provide more info about his advice? Never heard of this guy so I'm not about to invest 7 minutes listening to him.

He couldn't even be bothered to tidy up his cheap hotel room before filming.. Comes off as pretty amateurish.

I needle dropped most of it.

Like most cats in his demographic, he doesn't and can't understand cool. But what he says probably appeals to his base cause they wouldn't like the taste of real medicine.

WIA

Cool has a very deep history. Far deeper than this board is willing to go, and to places few of you guys would want to venture.

So to keep it surface

1) Ask yourself which one of these guys is the coolest.
2) Then try to explain why the cool guy is the coolest.

[Image: tumblr_no8xrdkVF21r5jwlho3_540.jpg]

3) Now, Take the cool guy out of the picture mentally.
Is there still a cool guy in the picture?

4) Go back to the original pic. What do you think this cool guy is like in person?

When you see cool in TV and the Movies, take the time to deconstruct it.
When you see cool in real life, think about it.

WIA

I guess what's cool really depends upon which part of the geography you are currently situated. Those guys may kill it in their locale but strike out elsewhere. Being cool is more about being comfortable with yourself rather than going out of your way to impress others. That's what actually make you impressive. Confidence will make you the type of man who can fit in anywhere and do anything.

Dino.

Quote: (06-03-2015 07:53 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Cool has a very deep history. Far deeper than this board is willing to go, and to places few of you guys would want to venture.

So to keep it surface

4) Go back to the original pic. What do you think this cool guy is like in person?

WIA

So to keep it surface

WIA

I'm still trying to find the cool guy.

Quote: (06-03-2015 11:11 AM)MikeS Wrote:  

So to keep it surface

WIA

Not surprised

WIA

Quote: (06-03-2015 11:30 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Quote: (06-03-2015 11:11 AM)MikeS Wrote:  

So to keep it surface

WIA

Not surprised

WIA

[Image: icon_question.gif] I'm just going to go with the guy wearing socks..

Individually and with socks, they might be able to pull off those suits. Together they look collectively horrible. The guy in biege looks like he has Lego clip on hair.

As far as being "cool" aka confident, I discovered a big change in how women act towards me. Maybe it's because I have higher value overseas, but a lot of women are tagging me as a player now. I'm being accused of fucking a lot of women and having evidence in my hotel room "lipstick on glass" (really just me drinking after Chapstick). I have to start agree and amplify more.

Just be careful not to be too cool. Although the player vibe hasn't cost me any girls, yet.

It's an interesting change from being pegged as a nice guy and not confident almost instantly spot on every time.

I know that black americans invented the the term , you should speak on it in this thread or make another one, I'd be interested to hear more

Smoke herb..be cool. It's simple.

I'd say blue pinstripe with his hand up is the token "cool guy". Take him out and all the other dudes look goofy. I'm guessing he spends the most time in the gym.

Keeping your whole hand in your pocket is beta.

Either keep a thumb out, or just put your thumb in.

Never the whole hand. It gives off a supplicating and passive vibe.

Stand out from everyone else.

Quote: (06-03-2015 03:54 PM)Feo Wrote:  

I'd say blue pinstripe with his hand up is the token "cool guy". Take him out and all the other dudes look goofy. I'm guessing he spends the most time in the gym.

I'm old, so I just asked the girl I'm texting to point out the cool guy for me.

She said 'the Robin Thicke Wannabe' (pinstripes) looks like he's wearing 'mom jeans', and now I can't unsee it.

I notice the girl in the picture is hanging onto none of them.

Quote: (06-03-2015 06:34 AM)bacan Wrote:  

Why don't you provide more info about his advice? Never heard of this guy so I'm not about to invest 7 minutes listening to him.

He couldn't even be bothered to tidy up his cheap hotel room before filming.. Comes off as pretty amateurish.

It's the second video of his that Nomadiam has linked to in a matter of days.

I'll take a shot...2nd from left, taupe jacket.

WIA is clearly cooler than any of us. Help us out man!

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Hmmmm, Ill take a guess at this. Far right guy.

First of all, I think his outfit is put together well, doesn't look try hard like the other guys.

Second, he has his back to the female, who is also closest to him. Complete disregard for her, a sign of a true alpha (or just gay, who knows).

Third, pocket square.

Fourth, overall strong body language.

Lastly, I don't know how else to say this, he just looks the most natural of the group. The other guys almost seem to be posing, while he looks like hes just being himself. Hard to explain.

Thats my guess anyway.

Crop him out the pic, no I dont think there is a cool guy in the pic.

If I had to guess his personality, I'd guess hes a very focused individual with lots of stories. Look how the far left guys seem to be facing him even though another guy is clearly talking. My guess is he would be the guy Id most like to have a beer with.

Never really cared about being "cool." No offense but I don't know anyone who says "cool" like that anymore. Speaks of social supplication and a lack of self-understanding.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

I wouldn't mind the striped blue suit, and the glasses. Not bad, I'd just add the socks. The stubble goes well with the suit, the hair is pretty slick, not too slick like Hammerhead over there in gray. Blue stripes has a better stance, everyone else looks like a robot, with one of them looking like a fat willy wonka/RDJ. Blue stripes is arguably in better shape than the rest as well, and his ring matches his outfit. He looks healthier too. He has a good posture. He also has a female next to him, and he is attempting to steal her purse. Probably his ball and chain.
So the conclusion I could come to is: If you want to be cool you must:

1. Be in shape, hit the gym
2. Look healthy
3. Have good fashion sense
4. Have good hair
5. Have a good posture

Out of the woodwork, into the night, onto the moonlit veranda.

That "what's cool" shit will fuck your head up, IMHO...

What do these nothing-alike people have in common?

Johnny Depp
Jay Z
Conan O'Brien
Prince
Brad Pitt
Eminem
George Clooney
2Pac
Jon Stewart

etc.
etc.

Millions of people have thought they "were" cool and other millions think they are lame or retarded or offensive or have stupid opinions, or whatever.

Eye of the beholder.

From the first thread you started about being Denny D and starting YouTube videos:

Quote:Quote:

I started a new Youtube channel where I'm doing a parody of self help "experts" and pick up "gurus". Not trying to make money from this, just relieving boredom and having a goof.

In my first episode I discuss a fool proof way to get laid.

Would appreciate any critiques or suggestions on how to make this better.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-47800.html

But recently you have started talking (quite positively) about yourself in the third person:

Quote: (06-01-2015 10:22 AM)nomadiam Wrote:  

Denny D does a pretty good job of breaking down what being cool is all about.

And from this thread:

Quote:Quote:

This guy breaks it down about as spot on as I've heard. In case you don't want to watch the 7 minute video, here are the main points:

So what the deal here?

For a guy who is not out to make money why are you pushing your videos by giving yourself good reviews and pretending you are a neutral third party?

Not 'cool' and I don't appreciate the dishonesty.

I'll say this, being "cool" is overstated, simply because, how many "cool" girls do you know?

I can't even remember the last time I met a girl who I thought was cool, and I live in a "cool" city.

Most chicks are boring as shit, you can't be boring, yet be cool.

from game standpoint "cool" is something that a girl label you as when she is attracted to you and sees that you fit well in her life and reality. it's very subjective.

I've seen girls viewing lame shy weird dudes as cool only because they felt connected to them on some level [life experiences, upbringing, same views on life, preferences etc].

on the other hand I've seen really cool dudes that girls could not stand only because those guys were simply too good for them so the gap was too big to form a mutual connection.

so being cool is very subjective thing in my opinion.

Quote: (06-04-2015 06:39 PM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

Quote: (06-03-2015 06:34 AM)bacan Wrote:  

It's the second video of his that Nomadiam has linked to in a matter of days.

And because of the first video I saw by that guy, I can't take him seriously.

To me cool refers to temperament, i.e. laid back, not giving a shit, doing your own thing, not following crowds.

Carpe noctem et sic itur ad astra